Page 258 of 888 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 22183

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    Wow, congrats PaddysTurtwigFanClub xD that's funny I said I hope we get it soon and we both did a day apart! I'm currently hunting Mareep/Bellsprout/Wooper and every other day I'm going to slowpoke well for Zubat!

If I didn't miss mark any EVs, my IV spread is about;
    26-30/27-31/7-11/22-26/9-13/8-12
    @level 20, he's still a totodile. I don't want to evolve him yet and I'm waiting for someone
    on Tumblr to give me a pokemon with Illuminate and an everstone. I'm going to keep him
    totodile till he's close to level 30 since I'm not too big of a fan of Croconaw! I'm going to EV train
    him in Attack and HP

Static in SS doesn't effect getting a shiny, right? (Like cute charm X.X)

Also, sorry posting a lot. This will be my last post until I find a shiny. Good luck hunters!
    No, Static doesn't affect shiny odds, though my Mareep hunt would have begged to differ.

Anywho, I'm up to 16,406 REs on Route 35. Hoping to get it before 20k at the moment, but I guess I'll see. I'll be doing more hunting later tonight, so hopefully I hit 17k by the end of the day.

Good luck on all your hunts!

Also, Frost Mage, if you do decide to SR a starter in emerald, be aware of the broken RNG and the fact that you would have to make a new save file every 100 or so SRs in order to actually get a shiny starter.
    Last edited by Terra Force; 25th June 2013 at 1:56 AM.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Well, just hatched a shiny Elgyem after 421 MM eggs! It was my first attempt at MMing a Pokémon with its DW ability, and of course it failed... Which is dumb because most of the other Elgyem I hatched had the Analytic ability, and the shiny one ended up with Telepathy ugh. I've still got like 120 eggs to hatch though, so maybe I'll get lucky. But even if I don't, oh well! A shiny is a shiny!

Congrats and good luck.

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunts

Quote Originally Posted by jellywolffy View Post
    What do you all think about shiny charm?
    Do you think it is a kind of cheat or is just ok to use it?
    I heard from somewhere that some people consider it as cheating and was just wondering about it.
    I can't wait for the shiny charm! I'm breezing through White 2 right now (just finished the E4 last night) and keeping track of all the pokemon I need to complete the Unova and national pokedexes. I can't wait, it'll be great. I don't consider it cheating, just something really REALLY great to aim for.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

SHINY ABRA!!!

I went to bed last night being angry and all because I hit 27057 Abra without a shiny..

On my second SR today at 27165 pokemon bought

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/a...d2cb5898ab.jpg

A 4 YEAR HUNT OVER!

Excellent nature if I do say so myself

After 27165 I think it was earned though :P

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck everyone.

To all those shiny hunters who feel like giving up, I hope this gives you some inspiration!
    Last edited by Ceecee-typhlosion; 25th June 2013 at 4:18 PM.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Awyeah! [insert congratulatory word here]

(Seriously, everyone's getting them lately.)
    4-year long hunt done, the best nature by a mile, the best gender for an Alakazam (they look more masculine to me.)
    Couldn't have went any better!
    (inb4 it has 31 Special Attack IVs and 31 Speed IVs.)

I had gotten to the maximum amount of Game Corner Coins in Leaf Green, trying to get a shiny Abra, but I've had no luck, so I just bought a Porygon and moved on.

As for my current hunt, I planned on dual hunting on both HG and SS, but for the time being I'm putting HG on hold and doing it only on SS. (I wanted to RNG for specific ID numbers on the both of them, so that when I got the shiny, it would have a cool-looking ID number on it, but I ran into complications with HG that I didn't run into with SS.)
    I've looked at the shiny formes of all three Johto starters, and I've decided that I liked Feraligatr the most. So let's hope Totodile is the one I get!
    I would have really liked Chikorita and its evolutions' shiny sprite if their leaves were actually a pure golden color (which is what I remembered them as), but it turned out the leaves are actually orange. :/

Good luck on not having your hunts last 4 years everybody, because that must have been really discouraging. But having your hunt last that long means that the shiny is that much more special once you finally get it.

Congrats to both on both of your Abras!

So I've had a hard time figuring this out from someone who doesn't suggest some form of RNG abuse for finding shinies in Pokemon Emerald. Without abusing the system, I've heard that when SRing, you have to create a new file every 100 SRs or so, since the game doesn't pick a new frame when you reset the game. So basically I'm wondering how to SR in Pokemon Emerald. :3
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

20,000 REs *headdesk* I've been at this for nearly 200 hours and going on three weeks and it's really starting to get to me. I'm sick of finding nothing but blue Golurk and I'm sick of being stuck in the Tower and I just want this damn hunt to end!

It it stretches out to 30k or 40k I am not going to be able to stand it. I just won't.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Grats on recent shinies.

i finally got some shiny news myself, after 804 eggs a shiny Pineco(M) hatched Relaxed nature(everstone worked), Sturdy ability, and often dozes off. the stats are
    (Superior Potential Overall)
    HP 12 (31 IV)
    Attack 6
    Defense 7
    SpAttack 5
    SpDefense 5
    Speed 4

so Community Hunt Complete
    Pineco
    White Version
    MMed Without Shiny Charm

Good Luck on all hunts!
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Well some good news and bad news. Bad news been chaining for a shinx eventually got to a chain of 40 then over 80 max repels later and still nothing then next thing my chain break and noticed this happen a few times and noticed i think its because when im in the grass and press the radar then run about again if the grass were you last did the radar goes of the screen it seems to reak the chain anybody else noticed this?
    Good news just caught my 4th shiny electabuzz with a bold nature pretty happy with this shiny but is the nature any good?

Also good look to everybody on there shiny hunts,
    White fc- 0648 6991 3191 Platinum fc- 0133 3030 7797 Soulsilver fc-4342 3713 5679
    Also have a list of FS/NFS
        Spoiler:- platinum Shiny spoiler:

Spoiler:- Legendaries i have to trade:

Spoiler:- White shinies:

PM WITH ANY OFFERS

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    Just got my Emerald in the mail today, yay! Thinking of SRing for a shiny starter... Hmm...

Just wanted to make sure you know this before you start, Emerald has a broken RNG system. This means that it is like you're playing with a dry battery 100% of the time. SRing is hard to do since you need to know where the shiny frame is and where to hit it. Here's an excerpt from Smogon:

Instead of choosing a different seed each time the game boots up (and by extension, a different sequence of pseudo-random numbers), Emerald always sets its seed as 0. This means that every time the game starts, the same numbers are always output in the same order. In an attempt to hide this, Emerald asks its RNG to spit out numbers at a considerable pace; approximately 60 times per second. Each of these instances is known as a "frame".

"The one downside to Emerald’s RNG is that you may have to wait a while for a frame with a good spread to roll around. In fact, a flawless spread on a wild or legendary Pokémon can take weeks to occur, thus it is all but impossible to obtain."

If you want to SR for a starter you need to know how to get an early shiny frame or just buy Ruby or Sapphire and SR there (Like me ).

(If you do want to get Ruby or Sapphire and it has a dead battery, I can link you to a youtube vid which helped me replace 4 batteries).
    Last edited by ZirZarzoon; 25th June 2013 at 4:02 PM.
    Ruby Badge Quest : (300 SRs)
    Other Shiny quests : (300 SRs)
    Recent Shinies: B2 (random) Pearl (3484 SRs)

I'm currently working, with my friend, on the National Pokédex, and I have around 130 Pokémon for now, wich is not bad for less than 24 hours!
    I can't wait to get that Shiny Charm. It will help me a lot and I will finally stop to make a jealous of myself when you guys are getting shinies with it!
    Congratulations on the latest shinies and good luck everyone, especially you, Cyberra and Charizardmaster#1!
    Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    I don't know.. Not everyone has lost a shiny and I feel like community hunts should be something anyone could do. How about something more broad?

- Obtain a genderless shiny.
    - Obtain a shiny that can fly. (inspired by sky battles in XY)
    - Obtain a shiny based on pokemon that Ash has caught in the anime.
    I like City of Delusion's ideas, and I can volunteer to take the votes in private messages if you want.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 25th June 2013 at 6:57 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Finally got my shiny Seedot last night.
    Seedot
    White2 Version
    MM
    With Shiny Charm

Too bad my other two hunts failed miserably (Totodile instead of Cyndaquil and then Numel + Skarmory instead of Trapinch >.<)
    At least I got a few shinies this month. Trying for Gothita next, maybe I'll get lucky and it will be a short hunt.

Also, since no one seems to want to volunteer, how about we all reclaim shinies we've lost for next month?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Congratz to cocoadragon on Spearow (Gl on Aipom/Heracross!), Paddy on Cyndaquil, pokemaster13 on Elgyem, Ceecee-typhlosion on Abra, JAWAYami on Pineco (UGH! so jealous..), and Dangertrout on Seedot!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Also, since no one seems to want to volunteer, how about we all reclaim shinies we've lost for next month?
    I don't know.. Not everyone has lost a shiny and I feel like community hunts should be something anyone could do. How about something more broad?

Just throwing out some ideas. Btw, I don't think your two hunts failed that badly. You got some pretty nice shinies, especially that Skarmory. :]

Well, its official. Pineco hates me. I've done over 16k encounters for it and still nothing but I'm confident it'll shine before July (it better!) so I just gotta hang in there.

Good luck guys. :]
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

I... I don't even...

So! After My shiny Aron (Bronx) appeared on my Ruby I was feeling a bit tired of hunting so I decided to take a break and just focus on other things (such as getting used to my new job at PetSmart). Tried to continue my Black 2 BQ but only did 111 more REs in a few days before growing bored with it. And today I came back to the forum to catch up on the last five or so pages that I missed and found the desire to start hunting again. I went back to my Heart Gold where I've been continuing the BQ through Kanto just to see if I can do it.

Anyway, I decided that I wanted to MM my next shiny and finally got around to catching a female Houndour so I can get a shiny one. The first one roared me away and the second female took nearly an hour to appear. But I eventually caught her and began breeding with my lucky japanese Cyndaquil (he's the father to all of my MM shinies on this file except for Gizmo my shiny Luxray).

And after only 7 eggs this beautiful girl appeared!

http://luxrayteen.deviantart.com/art...253A1372181269

Shiny Houndour! I had a feeling this was going to be a short hunt but I had convinced myself that it was just wishful thinking! I am quite happy with her being female, as I've never raised a female Houndour before (plus I had a sneaking suspicion that I was going to get a female). Haven't even gotten the chance to look up names for her yet so suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by Wyverndust; 25th June 2013 at 6:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    Congrats to both on both of your Abras!

So I've had a hard time figuring this out from someone who doesn't suggest some form of RNG abuse for finding shinies in Pokemon Emerald. Without abusing the system, I've heard that when SRing, you have to create a new file every 100 SRs or so, since the game doesn't pick a new frame when you reset the game. So basically I'm wondering how to SR in Pokemon Emerald. :3
    The best way of SRing in Emerald:
    - If you're trying to get a shiny starter, start a save file, do ~50-100 SRs. If you don't get a shiny, start a new file and do the same thing over again until you get a shiny.
    - If you're trying to get a shiny legendary, what you have to do is save in front of the legendary (obviously), then instead of SRing if it isn't shiny, run away, leave the area, come back and re-encounter the legendary again.

Well, its official. Pineco hates me. I've done over 16k encounters for it and still nothing but I'm confident it'll shine before July (it better!) so I just gotta hang in there.

I'll see your 16k for Pineco and raise you 20,400 REs for Golurk ¬¬ THAT bloody thing hates me with a passion
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Huh, so Ruby and Sapphire don't have that problem? Interesting... Well I guess if I want to SR for a shiny Groudon or any other 3rd Gen legendaries I should either get HeartGold or a copy of Ruby or Sapphire.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Gratz Wyverndust on Houndour!

HELL YEAA! Shiny Pineco after 17,332 REs!

Turns out I was over 17k not 16k xD. But I'm glad this finally shone! My Impish sync failed but it got Bold which is still pretty good since it raises defense and Forrestress isn't really known for being a hard hitter so I don't mind the -Atk. I'm gonna take a small break from hunting to EV train now and I just remembered... I still have 4 boxes of Swinub eggs to hatch lol >.<!

Community hunt complete!
    Pineco
    RE
    With Shiny Charm

Yay :] I'm just happy I was atleast able to complete the CH this month! Good luck everyone, especially Cyberra on that stubborn Golurk!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

I've been trying to chain for several hours but pokemon keep on breaking my chain, I got to chain 29 on Geodude when a Kricketot broke it. Ugh.

Good luck to everybody on their hunts!

Saaatoshi!

Congratz to cocoadragon on Spearow (Gl on Aipom/Heracross!), Paddy on Cyndaquil, pokemaster13 on Elgyem, Ceecee-typhlosion on Abra, JAWAYami on Pineco (UGH! so jealous..), and Dangertrout on Seedot!

Just throwing out some ideas. Btw, I don't think your two hunts failed that badly. You got some pretty nice shinies, especially that Skarmory. :]

As a note to Cyberra, Golurk would still count for 1 of these (or two, if you changed it to Pokemon that learn Fly). How about we do a specific generation thing, like obtain a Gen 2 Pokemon in shiny form (but not on the second gen games)? I think a lot of us would be up for something like the Fly thing...but then there's things like Gligar that would need to be specified.

Because I haven't done so yet, I'll find time to link my videos of shinies starting from Cyndaquil and some photos.

4,825 REs in Platinum and 2,500 in SS...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Papousse has volunteered to put together a vote for the CH next month =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Okay gang, I volunteered to help Dangertrout out for July's comminuty hunt! And since I loved your propositions of community hunt, City of Delusion (wich I thank you), I decided to take them as the three options for the next community hunt.

- Obtain a shiny that can fly.
    - Obtain a shiny Pokemon that Ash owns or possessed (released, traded or gave, preevolved form, in training or unofficial) in the anime.

So you guys can vote for your favorite! You can only vote for one theme and, when ready, you have to send this vote in my private message box. Thanks!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 25th June 2013 at 11:21 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

2,900 Heatran now, so another 1,100 SRs go by without a shiny... But I'm not despondent just yet, it's early days! Oh, and congrats on the Pineco, COD!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

6,400 SRs

Currently trying to hatch a shiny Ponyta (since I'm terrible at chaining).
    So yea, reached 800 eggs.
    Current Hunt: 800 eggs hatched
    RE shinies:

If you need to be rescued on Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team, send me a message!

Planning to get HG today. Maybe I will start a bq on it. Heard you can just look at the photo to see if you got a shiny starter to choose, right?
    Also, can all the legendary there be SRed?
    Last edited by jellywolffy; 26th June 2013 at 2:43 AM.

Page 258 of 888 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast