Page 259 of 945 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 23625

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats to City of Delusion on Pineco, Wyverndust on Houndour, Dangertrout on Seedot, JAWAYami on Pineco, Ceecee on Abra, and anyone else who recently got a shiny.

I know it's already been decided for the categories, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to have something like obtain a shiny pokemon that appears in the anime instead of pokemon ash has? Just an idea.

Anyways I'm up to 17,337 REs on Route 35.

Good luck on all your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

I'm gonna tell how I got my shiny Tentacruel and my shiny Onix, if you don't mind...

I was traveling to Mt.Ember in my Firered, going to a spot of grass where I could encounter some Ponytas to try to get one shiny... and in the patch of water infront of the entrance, a wild Tentacruel appeared. In this patch of water, there is 5% chances to find a Tentacruel, and it was shiny. I was really excited, and grabbed my gameboy hard, because the last time, when I encountered a shiny Nidorino, I almost dropped my DS...
    So I flew to the Victory Road to start training my Tentacruel, and after ~10 encounters, I found a shiny Onix.
    So I got 2 shinies in under 5 minutes.

(Also, I encountered ~40,000 Ponyta and Rapidash in my Firered before I started the Masuada Method. It seems since Rapidash is my favorite pokemon, they want to make it hard to find one shiny :P)
    Current Hunt: 800 eggs hatched
    RE shinies:

If you need to be rescued on Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team, send me a message!

21,000... *headdesks* This Golurk is more than just stubborn. Come ON, Golurk... I only have 4 more days to get any points for this month's hunt! I wanted to catch you two weeks ago so I could try some MMing!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    Huh, so Ruby and Sapphire don't have that problem? Interesting... Well I guess if I want to SR for a shiny Groudon or any other 3rd Gen legendaries I should either get HeartGold or a copy of Ruby or Sapphire.
    Only if the battery is not dry. I'm trying to start my badgequest but the more I think about the more I realize how many poochyenas and zigzagoons there are on every route -.- I'm gonna be on a cruise for 4 days so no hunting at that time . Also when I get back I have to catch up on the extra classes I took online. I hope I can get Shiny Treecko before School starts.
    Ruby Badge Quest : (300 SRs)
    Other Shiny quests : (300 SRs)
    Recent Shinies: B2 (random) Pearl (3484 SRs)

Congrats to Markasdarkas on Horsea, Liamb2324, cocoadragon on Spearow, PaddysTurtwigFanClub on Cyndaquil, pokemaster13 on Elgyem, Ceecee-typhlosian on Abra (Awesome that you're finally getting these shinies you deserve!), JAWAYami on Pineco, Liamb2324, Dangertrout on Seedot, Wyverndust on Houndour, and City Of Delusion on Pineco!

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    EXACT thing I'm going to do lol. I'm hoping the starters are like SS/HG though. Looks like there's a good chance, since you see them standing there animated.
    Neat ! The SS/HG setup would be interesting, but part of me kind of hopes it isn't, just because I don't want to be waiting to start my BQ with Fennekin and just end up with Chespins and Froakies >.<

-----------

Well, yesterday I didn't do any hunting. I guess it was good to take a bit of a break?

And today, I only did 400 REs before hanging out with some friends. We all hung out for about 4 hours tonight, then myself and a few others went to see This Is The End. Wow. There is a good reason I don't really see any scary/horror movies, and it's because I still get terrified watching comedies with bits of humorous horror in them ;_; That one scene scared the absolute hell out of me, omg. I had an almost-finished box of candy and crushed the box when it happened >.< And as a warning, if you're anything like me, this is not a movie you would want to see with your parents. At all. I was also eager to see Emma Watson, and for the brief moments she was there, she was brilliant.

So yeah, now I'm at 11,800 REs for Shinx and 5,100 REs for Growlithe...I know 5,100 isn't much, but...HG is calling me, Growlithe, hurry up!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,300 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,300 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,100 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I've still only come across one shiny, but I've only played about 500 hours of Pokemon. :P

I caught a shiny Ponyta in Diamond on Route 214 after 300 hours. This was random. I'm still learning to do it properly.

Hiya everyone, it feels like forever since I last posted. I finally finished up with all my college assignments for the year (except for a ''summer project'' one, which I'll worry about in a month or so >.>), but I've started doing some volunteering work in my local area for a few weeks, which has taken up a lot of my time as well.

I just managed to catch up with the thread, but there's been so many new shinies since then that I'll just have to give a huge blanket congrats on all of them! But especially to Ceecee-typhlosion for finally getting those MUCH deserved shiny Torchic and Abra, and Kitty on finishing her shiny Eeveelution quest! ^_^

I'm now up to 7640 SRs for Kyurem on White, and 780 eggs for Eevee on Soulsilver. I have a feeling I'm gonna end up going over the odds for Kyurem at this point...T.T. Won't you shine soon?

I meant to post this way back in May, but while taking a break from my hunts I decided to go back to Pearl and try some chaining again, to try and get another shiny Houndoom. For me, chaining isn't as easy as it seems to be for a lot of other people, so getting to a chain of 40 in the first place is something that takes a while :P.

Even though I already had a great Houndoom, Tseng, which was my first ever non random shiny that I ever got, it bugged me that I caught him with a Master Ball. It seems really silly to use one for something as easy to find as a wild, chained shiny, but back then I was way more inexperienced as a hunter and a player in general, and cause I was paranoid that a shiny Houndoom could Roar me away, I didn't want to take the risk XD.

This time I'd made sure to have a Voltorb with Soundproof to switch to when the shiny did appear, and also brought my Timid syncher Kadabra to hopefully get a Houndoom with that nature too. After making and breaking chains for a whole day on 22 May, I finally found one!

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps2d3b5a74.jpg

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps802f9451.jpg

This time I managed to catch it with no problems at all . Afterwards I thought I'd try and find a few more before the chain broke, and even though it took hundreds of resets I managed to catch two more. So I now have 4 shiny Houndooms :P. Unfortunately, none of them were Timid since the first sync failed, and I kept forgetting to send Telekor out in front after XD but I decided to train up one of the females I got which has Flash Fire and a Hardy nature, who I've called Blaze <3.

*stops rambling* Anyway, good luck everyone on your hunts! ^_^
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

*CRIES LIKE A CRAZY FANGIRL*

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!
    SHINY SHROOMISH JUST APPEARED AFTER 4405 EGGS!

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/a...a185870fd1.jpg

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/IMG_0981.jpg

This hunt took me 3 years instead.. LOL
    Last edited by Ceecee-typhlosion; 26th June 2013 at 12:32 PM.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceecee-typhlosion View Post

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!

Major congrats Cee-cee, that shiny is well deserved! Congrats on everyone else's find as well. Good luck to everyone on long hunts as well, something will shine eventually! As for myself, I'm on 13,475 RE's in Relic Castle and hoping to see something shine soon, although I also really want it to shine on Friday so I can have a birthday shiny. Best of luck to everyone as always!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Quote Originally Posted by Ceecee-typhlosion View Post

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!

Wow, cee-cee, major congratulations! Gods are now giving you a lot of gifts! And I think Shroomish was the shiny you wanted the most, no ? Hopefully this cheers you up and make you continue to hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    I know it's already been decided for the categories, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to have something like obtain a shiny pokemon that appears in the anime instead of pokemon ash has? Just an idea.
    It's not a bad idea at all. We could think of it next time! Mainly because I already received votes...

This is a reminder for those that wants to vote for the next community hunt theme, it's there!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    EDIT: Papousse I think Charizardmaster meant SHINIES that appear in the anime. Like the shiny Metagross or Ash's Noctowl.
    Oh thanks. It's fixed!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 26th June 2013 at 9:22 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Wow, cee-cee, major congratulations! Gods are now giving you a lot of gifts! And I think Shroomish was the shiny you wanted the most, no ? Hopefully this cheers you up and make you continue to hunt! :P
    Yes, it has been one of my dream shinies for years Since eggs take so long to hatch though I got very discouraged, and so many people hatch shinies with 100 or so eggs, that made it worse.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

No caterpie still. By the way, I want to know if you use a shny Nincada to get a Shedinja will the Shedinja be shiny also?

EDIT: Papousse I think Charizardmaster meant SHINIES that appear in the anime. Like the shiny Metagross or Ash's Noctowl.

I thought he meant shinies of Ash's pokemon
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Congrats to EVERYONE who got a shiny between now and whenever it was I last posted.

I haven't had luck with any of my hunts, currently sitting just slightly below 3000 SR's on Dialga right now.

Something interesting however, is that I had a dream about shiny Aipom last night. Normally I'd just blow that off, however, the night before I caught my Magneton, I dreamt about it as well. And lo and behold I caught that the next day. So I had my brother set up the honey trees on my game early this morning while I was at work and I plan to start SR'ing for that in a couple hours. Hoping for a repeat performance here.
    Last edited by 11037; 26th June 2013 at 10:18 PM.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    I think a lot of us would be up for something like the Fly thing...but then there's things like Gligar that would need to be specified.
    Yea, I meant Pokemon that can fly or levitate and also Pokemon that can obviously fly but don't have the typing. So things like Volcarona, Beedrill, Dustox, Golurk, etc will count for the CH. I think Gligar would count also since its known as the Flyscorpion pokemon. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    Looks good on paper but I was going for something with more options. I think only 20 or so Pokemon appear shiny in the show and even less if you take out the ones that appear in movies. Ash has or had around 50 Pokemon overall so I just went with what had more options.

Anyways, I'm still taking a break from hunting (probably start again in July) so no news from me. Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone! :]
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

After 5068 got a shiny magby it's my 2nd for my black 2 badqe quest. Don't know if I will hunt for eevee or riolu
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    No caterpie still. By the way, I want to know if you use a shny Nincada to get a Shedinja will the Shedinja be shiny also?

I am 99.9f sure that if u evolve shiny Nincada, shiny Ninjask AND shiny Shedinja appear (of course if u have a slot open in your party).

Also, congrat everyone on their new shinies!

As for me, 3 days of hunting (2 only for like 1 1/2 hours each since I was at work), I am up to 480 SRs for both Latios and Latias. Hopefully they will be short hunts.

Good luck everyone!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Thanks kitty. I just wanted to verify that because I really do like the Nincada line and it would be nice to get a shiny ninjask and shedinja.

Congrats on all the recent shinies people, especially Ceecee on that Shroomish!

I'm now at 18,850 REs on Route 35. I've pretty much given up on having another shiny for the competition this month, so I'm not going to try any other hunts until I've completed this one. Who knows, maybe I'll pass the 20,000 mark on this hunt!

Good luck on all your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

22,020 REs and counting... *falls over and twitches*

If this dang thing finally does show up, you'll probably be able to hear my insane cackling just by poking your heads outside

I was hoping to be able to get SoulSilver for my birthday (end of August) but SoulSilver has disappeared from Wal-Mart >.< I'm not happy. Amazon.ca and Amazon.com both have it but they're asking twice what Wal-Mart was. My maternal unit doesn't have paypal anymore (my ******* of a sister maxed it out buying a laptop, which promptly broke and the seller refused to give her a refund for), so now it seems that the only way I'm going to be able to get it is to buy it myself at a much higher price than I wanted. I am Not Happy. I want a new copy with the pokewalker, not a used copy
    Last edited by Cyberra; 27th June 2013 at 10:27 AM.

Hello all. Congratulations to all shinies since my last post.

I have been trying to hatch all stored eggs on my black 2, currently I have 3.5 boxes left to hatch. And I have also been trying to SR a shiny Latias on white 2 now I have the shiny charm on it. I have spent in total at least 4 hours SRing with no shiny yet. Once I get shiny Latias I am thinking about dual SRing for shiny Cresselia. Or I may dual MM for squirtle seeing as I have hatched over 4000 eggs without a shiny on white version.

Good luck to everyone still hunting.... but one more question... does anyone know what the CH for July is going to be yet?
    Shinies are good.

Congrats ceecee on shroomish, paddy on Cyndaquil and all other shinies guys. Not as many last few days as there has been quite recently!

I'm now at 7,200 SR's for Tepig and quickly approaching over the odds which I will have hit by end of the weekend. C'mon lil piggy, shine for me!

Good luck everyone especially Cyberra. Keep going buddy!

Just checked my RE count total... 22,404 *headdesks* 404 shiny not found... Primus fraggit XP

I just remembered that my brother stopped playing his pokemon games. I was able to find his Diamond, Platinum, Soulsilver, and Black. I see a lot of SR opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by pxm1 View Post
    After 5068 got a shiny magby it's my 2nd for my black 2 badqe quest. Don't know if I will hunt for eevee or riolu
    Congratulations! Shiny Magby are adorable. That's a tough choice, why not both? : D If it's RE, go for Eevee because double battles are much quicker. Plus you can use a lv 18 at the front of your party and use repels to make Eevee's appearance rate increase.

I'm surprised how quick I get my shinies. : u I mean, I got Munchlax accidentally when I was doing the Funfest mission. It was my fourth egg... and it only took 7 eggs for my Shroomish... I'm not joking. :c

I got up to 40 Eevee a while ago with the Pokeradar, but my DS ran out of battery.

I still feel saddened about it every now and then. I haven't gotten past 30 since then. I also still have to wait for Eevee day at the mansion as well. :c I'd Pokeradar more often, but I'm running out of money for repels on my Diamond. ;w;

Does anyone else find themselves with money troubles when MMing or PRing? xD

Did I tell you guys that while I was searching for a Scyther to complete my dex, I bumped into a random Shiny Volbeat? xD It really startled me, it had been a while since my last random encounter, Pineco on SS.

I also finally got around to photographing my current shinies, non-traded. : )

http://foxeaf-thingsandsuch.tumblr.c...ge/54008628672
    Oh and most of the IDs are "Jake" because my character is a guy on my Diamond. lol I preferred his design. Conker is my bf's White 2 file, which we got the Shiny Charm together on.

Congrats to everyone so far! And dan2point5, you'll get there! Shiny Tepig is well worth it.

Page 259 of 945 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast