Page 26 of 889 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Haha yeah ok aqua I'm down for a bit of fun! I don't normally do races but it will definitely motivate us both! Best of luck buddy :-)

11,500 RE in Chargestone Cave. When will it end for goodness sakes. So much for a quick hunt!
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    ^What you should do is count a double battle as two encounters, not one. It doesn't matter, but it makes life a ton easier. But I do use a calculator, so it depends really.
    i use my trainer card to count them because im lazy XD
    in the 5 tests of 100 REs i did i got pretty consistant results of the single:double battle ratio so i think i will be fine just multiplying what my trainer card tells me by 1.5, it won't be too inaccurate
    p.s. i hope you get a shiny zubat or shinx and dont get stuck with a shiny bidoof aha
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Thanks a bunch dan2.5, this should be quite fun. I hope I get a shiny between 3,000-4,000 REs!

Currently at 97 REs.

Shiny Lord, that luck jar is long empty for you. I best fill it and hope for the best! *fills jar with luck* Good luck.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Senrab View Post
    Maybe after I get my shiny Staryu. :P
    Aww ok, I'll start anyway. Might just do 300 RE + 100 SR a day.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdrapion View Post
    I'd want to, don't have it yet, is there a quick way I can get it?
    It took me 80 hours to trade from 2 ds's, since I already had every Pokémon + I had to get eggs of every pokémon to get the fully evolution line. If you don't have all of the pokemon on a black or white, you might be looking at a 150 hour streak. If you get lucky with trading at the gts

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

For those who haven't voted yet, PM me with your vote. (see OP)
    voting closes tonight at midnight.

I think I saw someone asking about double grass and the encounters that show on the trainer card. I never actually paid attention, BUT! you can find out fairly easily. look at the number of encounters, do a double battle, then see if it went up by one or two. =)

back to collecting eggs for me. going to get a medal for filling all my boxes, and hopefully get a shiny at the same time
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

So only 176 encounters after posting earlier for a grand total of 4,418 encounters, I found my 7th shiny on my badge quest- Minccino!

Encounter

Summary

Luckily it has Technician and high Speed IV which is nice while it's Attack IV is 1 lol. =P Unfortunately it wasn't one of my actual targets that shined but I'm still very happy that something appeared so quickly. =)

Now I'm moving on to soft reset for a Volcarona to finish up my White 2 badge quest and finally put my full focus on finishing my Leaf Green badge quest. Good luck to everyone again on their badge quests especially Shiny Lord and City of Delusion I hope something shines for you guys soon. =)
    Leaf Green Badge Quest

Wow gratz Zenn! Your badge quest is looking great and thanks for the luck, I sure do need it lol.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Major congrats zenn, gl with volcarona too. Gl to all still hunting. 1050 eggs for shroomish, lets get shining!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Hey Dylz wanna race me for a shiny Johto starter? I think it would be more fun that way. I'm currently at 650ish SRs, so let me know if you're in.

Also congrats Zenn on Mincinno and any others who got shinies recently!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Sure Charizard, that would be awesome. I'm currently on 176 SR's. :-D

Wow, congrats to you Zenn on what looks like an excellent BQ! Bet you're excited about only needing one more shiny for it. Good luck on Volcarona!

Anyways, I am at 150 REs today. Thankfully, I'll have my DSes for a lot longer tonight, so that might mean around about 300 REs at today's end.

By the way, I am up in the air about what to do about my Lugia hunt. I do not want it on hold...I might dual hunt on Route 204 and Lugia. I guess I can dual SR, but it's hard to count two at once >.< Guess I will have to.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Good luck to all that need it for there shiny hunts!
    im just about to start a new MM hunt, see if i can get a new shiny before the next CH, my first one.

credit to SEREBII!!

BLACK FC :0090 3060 6783
    BLACK 2 FC : 3440 4353 9691
    3DS FC : 3007 8094 7076
    friend safari : Pansage Ivysaur Quilladin

Hey guys. After posting last night that I will be dual REing in the Village Bridge grass, I changed my mind. The only reason why I chose the Village Bridge area over Route 5 is because I did not want to get a shiny Gothita in my Black 2. Therefore, I made the decision last night to hunt in the Village Bridge grass on my Black 2 and on Route 5 in my White 2. I will only be doing this until December 1st, so that I can participate in the community hunt. Congrats on the Minncino and all other shinies!

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

I've just brought every single Pokemon game that's interactive with the current gen

Gen III: R/S/E/Channel/XD/Colosseum/FR/LG/Ruby&SapphireBox
    Gen IV: D/P/PT/HG/SS/Ranch&BattleRevolution/RangerGames
    Gen V: B/W/B2/W2/DreamRadar

To see if i can obtain all Pokemon within these generations and obtain my favourites as shinies...unfortunately I need someone with a Japanese Colloseum to send me a Celebi and I'm not sure if Deoxys is obtainable either.

My first victim. Shiny Charmander. (My actual goal is to have 1 shiny in each of my teams and create a story between all the games)
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

I redecorated my signature with all of my current hunts. Anyone has any tips with what for shiny things I should add?

Metang is probably going to be an ideal hunt for you in the plains.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Metang is probably going to be an ideal hunt for you in the plains.
    Yeah but I lost the hope to find that darn thing, so I'll be soft reseting for a Johto Starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Yeah but I lost the hope to find that darn thing, so I'll be soft reseting for a Johto Starter.
    Hahaha. Bless ya buddy. Well good luck with it. I got a shiny Chikorita in HG...unfortunately it's nature was modest...which...didn't help.

Due to boredom, i decided to find/hatch a shiny pokemon based on the number given to me by a random number generator. Starting MM for a duskull! =D
    X FC: 1006 0385 8652 IGN: Mr.Brightside
    Come try your hand at solving my questions, and win yourself some pokemon

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post17399689

Just hit 1500 eggs hatched. Come on and shine already, Staryu! -_-

congrats on all the shinies hoping if i linger round this thread for long enough some of you guys' luck will rub off on me ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I think I saw someone asking about double grass and the encounters that show on the trainer card. I never actually paid attention, BUT! you can find out fairly easily. look at the number of encounters, do a double battle, then see if it went up by one or two. =)
    the trainer card counts it as one but the reason i was looking into it was because i saw loads of places online saying it actually counts as two, its like SRing for a starter where there's 3 pokemon that could shine
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Hahaha. Bless ya buddy. Well good luck with it. I got a shiny Chikorita in HG...unfortunately it's nature was modest...which...didn't help.
    I don't actually care about the IV or nature, all I care about is having a IG-Team that shines :-D

Currently on 300 Soft Resets, might do a extra 50 and then go to sleep.

^Yup, luck will rub off on you!

Meanwhile, I finish now on a whopping 400 REs (though my Wooper on Route 32 had me doin about 1,000! REs a day). Shinx would be great, as would Zubat. Bidoof is not the one I want...

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I don't actually care about the IV or nature, all I care about is having a IG-Team that shines :-D

Currently on 300 Soft Resets, might do a extra 50 and then go to sleep.
    That's fair it's just to me having a starter who's the heart of my team is pretty important to me. Still I did trade it to my SoulSilver where...actually I haven't played that in...a while. I should probably check and make sure it's not dead.

Page 26 of 889 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast