Page 261 of 948 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 23676

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I'm very very very happy with KindCandy(who's now a Cofagrigus). I won't have much time to hunt today as I'm going out for lunch, getting $200 from my dad to spend, and then going to my BFF's party. I beat Eelesa last night, and am up to 307:44 of playtime XD. My next hunt is Route 5, hoping for Mincinno or Solosis to shine. Good luck to everyone as always! *huggles KingCandy*
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Congrats to RaichuArcanine on Yamask (yay, a birthday shiny!), TomoEGoto on Cyndaquil, Cyberra on Golurk (way to see it through, you really deserved that!), AceOfSpadez on Ditto, and telivisionhead on Magikarp (IMO, it's cooler to have a non-event one )!

Tonight was another slowish Friday night at work, like last Friday, which is quite unusual as of late (especially since starting that week, Wednesdays have been so insanely good...So strange!). So I got done at 10 and after getting home, changing, eating, chatting, I had time to do another 100 REs, making it 500 REs total for today. So 6,000 REs on Black 2 and 12,700 REs on Platinum.

Hm...It's been over a month since my last BQ shiny...And I still have another 3 to get whenever I get my next shiny...So if it keeps up like that, then that'll put me into...July...August...September...Oh no, October! BQ, I don't mean to rush you, but I'd like to have you finished by the time X/Y come out

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Hey guys,
    Congrats on all the new shinies, in particular Cyberra on Golurk (I know how annoying long hunts are) and RA on Yamask (A well deserved birthday shiny)

Anyway, I've mostly been hunting for Treecko and I am at 4013 SR, and I'm expecting that to reach at least 20k given my luck with hunting..
    In other news, still at 5500RE for my Johto BQ

Good luck everyone

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Congrats everyone! words cannot explain how happy I am to see you finally got your Golurk, Cyberra! and RaichuArcanine on a awesome birthday shiny! c:

well, I've been in Slowpoke Well and Illex Forest ( now just Slowpoke Well ) for about 10 days now, non-stop playing, even while I'm drawing and eating a snack! I really hope I run into my shiny ( hopefully Zubat ) soon!
    Soul Silver Shiny/Badge Quest

Recent Shinies
    to be updated sometime.

Just hit 3,200 on my shiny hunt, which is now for Gastly in Old Chateau. Please shiny soong. :c
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Forgot to do this before...

Golurk
    Black 2
    random encounter
    Without shiny charm

I hatched my first 100 Magikarp eggs. No shiny, but I wasn't really expecting to find one that early. It surprised me that when the pokemon were traded from my Japanese Black to Black 2 their stats and everything were translated to English. I'd expected them to stay in Japanese. After some more poking around I found a Cyndaquil in the Japanese version's PC, which I traded over and will use to try and breed a shiny. I also traded over Chamander and Totodile for that reason. Let the breeding begin...

Altaria is my fav shinny.

I continued my LG BQ the other day. Resumed from 9,700 RE's and was watching some DBZ.

At 10,332 RE's I looked down and ran away from what I think was a shiny Seel. It had than tannish shiny color, but I'm not 100% that it was shiny or if it was the lighting. So I continued my hunt without restarting my count and am currently at 12,800 RE's now. Hopefully it doesnt take another 10k RE's for another shiny to apear.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    I continued my LG BQ the other day. Resumed from 9,700 RE's and was watching some DBZ.

At 10,332 RE's I looked down and ran away from what I think was a shiny Seel. It had than tannish shiny color, but I'm not 100% that it was shiny or if it was the lighting. So I continued my hunt without restarting my count and am currently at 12,800 RE's now. Hopefully it doesnt take another 10k RE's for another shiny to apear.
    yeah um, given that I've gotten a shiny Seel myself, the one you encountered would've probably been a shiny. although it is definitely hard to tell.
    Shinies:

4/13/2013 (White 2)
    5/23/2014 (X)

Friend Safari: Electric

Friend Code: 5301-0406-9359
    PM me first!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Forgot to do this before...

Golurk
    Black 2
    random encounter
    Without shiny charm

Congrats on your shiny Golurk! You worked for it, but I bet it's worth it, right?

Speaking of earning shinies...YAY I GOT ANOTHER ONE!

Yeah, but it's not Magikarp. It's a Shiny Swinub! I was dual gaming with my other Platinum game that I was playing through. I was running round in one of the sub-caves in Mt. Coronet when I turn and do an RE on the other Platinum, and I watch the shiny pop up on the screen! I haven't taken pictures, but I have the video here:

Shiny Piggeh

It didn't have the best nature or ability, but the shiny is lovely. Roll on Giratina at long last!

Congrats on all of your recent shinies, particularly Golurk amongst others.

As I promised, I will provide tidbits from my other shinies obtained in the last couple of months, starting with Cyndaquil!

Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 30th June 2013 at 9:53 PM.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

This is a reminder for those that are concerned!
    The votes for July's community hunt are ending tonight, wich means that I'm giving the results of the votes to Dangertrout tonight as well.
    If you haven't vote yet and you wish to, you still can do it. Any information about it can be found here!

As for me, I'm still completing the National Pokédex, but I first want to finish the Unova Pokédex. And it's going very well, I reached the line of 300 different species caught in total! I only need few more species and the Unova Pokédex will be finally complete.

320 different species obtained in total, 274 being in the Unova Pokédex.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 29th June 2013 at 6:21 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    As for me, I'm still completing the National Pokédex, but I first want to finish the Unova Pokédex. And it's going very well, I reached the line of 300 different species caught in total! I only need few more species and the Unova Pokédex will be finally complete.

320 different species obtained in total, 274 being in the Unova Pokédex.
    If you ever need any help in getting some of those missing Pokemon, I can help, if you need it down the line. Either way, good luck!

So yeah, even with Animal Crossing, I've been spending some time hunting, and I'm now at 4000 RE's! Actually getting a decent amount of progress done, and I've gone to thinking about my next hunt. I may go for Dialga next in Platinum, but an MM for Lileep would be fun, if only to nickname it "rootinabox" for lulz. I doubt I'd keep the name, but I still am hoping for an MM soon after Challenger's Cave.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Hey everyone! Congrats on all the recent shinies, especially Cyberra! You deserved that one!
    As for me, I finally got a 3DS, and it came with Black 2, so I've decided to try a badgequest on it. Since I already got a shiny Tepig and I'd rather MM for Snivy (so I get good IVs), I'm SRing for Oshawott. I haven't been SRing consistently because I also bought Mystery Dungeon Gate to Infinity, but I'm working on it! I am definitely taking a break from hatching for a shiny Zorua. Too many new games!! xD
    Anyway, good luck with all your hunts!

GPX Trophy Pokémon:

Newest In-game Shiny:

MM, 5th egg

Current Hunts:

MM, 300 eggs hatched to date

SRing since 6/24/13

2-4 flawless stat for trade here

Congrats Aqua on swinub! Great shiny. Good luck with Giratina.

Just passed the odds for this hunt so now it's just a matter of sitting it out and being patient.

Good luck everyone.

Happy birthday RaichuArcanine and congrats on your Yamask!

As for everyone else who has gotten shinies lately, congrats! (I just read through the past few pages and can't remember everyone)

I wasn't going to hunt today (I was going to nap for a little while... pregnancies sure are exhausting, especially working during one), but reading all these shiny stories makes me want to work on my Latios(as) hunts right now. I have already done 480 SRs before today, so let's see how many I manage before I take a nap.

Happy hunting everyone!!!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. (Dec 28) 7. ? 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #7- Wailmer & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

4495 random encounters since Golduck and 300+ SR for Soulsilver starters, this beauty decided to shine:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...psd6293552.jpg
    http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps936a0c0c.jpg
    http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...pse5a7586b.jpg

Bisharp is one of my favorite gen V Pokemon, so I cannot wait to train this awesome blue Pawniard!
    Pre- Y Shinies:

SR -

MM -

RE -

Gift/Event -

Trade -

Congratulations everyone on the latest shinies!
    The votes for the next community hunt are close, and the results have been send to Dangertrout. You'll discover your next challenge as July starts, so stay tunned!

As for me, I finally completed the Unova Pokédex today, wich brings me to a total of 357 different species caught in the National Pokédex. I'm very pleased about the result, and receiving the Oval Charm will be just what I need for an upcoming breeding hunt. Thanks to you, gustavo 14, I got some Pokémon I couldn't have found without your help! But there's still a long way to go...
    I'll first be finishing my Black version main game so I can have access to any Pokémon I need. So before I start completing the National Dex, I'll be working on my Black team. I must defeat Alder, first, but it needs a lot of training.
    Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 30th June 2013 at 3:40 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Can anyone recommend to me the best ways of getting a shiny. In 5 years of playing Pokémon, during which I have used any form of Repel no more than 10 times, I have never encountered a shiny Pokémon for my self.

Quote Originally Posted by Altered Ambipom View Post
    Can anyone recommend to me the best ways of getting a shiny. In 5 years of playing Pokémon, during which I have used any form of Repel no more than 10 times, I have never encountered a shiny Pokémon for my self.
    There's many ways of getting shinies, but the "best" way only depends on individual perspectives.
    If you're good at PokeRadar chaining, then try that. Just remember, once you reach a chain of 40, stop chaining and start resetting the radar until you see a shiny patch. It can get pretty frustrating at times though.

However, if you just aren't the best at chaining (I'm one of those ), then you can try the Masuda method, or simply breeding a foreign ditto with a different language with another pokemon of a different foreign and language (like Japanese ditto with an English Miltank.) If you're planning to do this method in Gen. 5, then always use the Shiny Charm.

There's also the Random Encounter method, where you simply run around in a specific area's grass and encounter random pokemon. You pretty much just run away from the ones that aren't shiny. You can use repels if you one specific shiny pokemon in a specific area too. Like the Masuda method, if you're going to do this in Gen. 5, use the Shiny Charm.

Right now, I'm just figuring out if I should sell my nintendo wii (haven't played it in like.. two years), and it's just collecting dust. I was looking forward to buying a 3ds XL, since there's many new games that I've been looking forward to playing lately (Animal Crossing, Pokemon X and Y). With the amount of games I've got and good condition, I'm just looking forward to a price range of 100-150, if possible.

As for shiny hunting, I'm MMing Trapinch, but knowing me, it'll take pretty long. What would happen is that I'd be MMing, then something random would come to my mind that I have to do, and I'd completely forget about the Trapinch hunt. Hopefully, I'll try not to get sidetracked too often and carry on with the hatching.

Also, congratulations to everyone who've been getting all the shinies lately!
    Latest Shiny (11/27/14)
    Obtained via: Soft Reset
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Alright so I'm going back to Black 2 to celebrate getting more than half way through my White 2 BQ. My next hunt is Cobalion, to finish off the trio. I already did my test catch and it went well (I actually caught it), but it broke out of the one critical capture that I threw, which was my first ball, and synchronise didn't work. Hopefully those aren't omens for when I encounter the shiny!
    Anywho, good luck to all of you who are hunting, and I'll try to be as active as I used to be in this thread.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

Congrats to AquaRegisteel on Swinub, and maldoror on Bisharp!

Hope that wasn't shiny, Master Leo =\ Sorry if it was!

Another really slow night at work, so I was home by 9. I was able to do another 300 REs after work for a total of 900 REs today. 13,600 REs for Shinx and 6,900 REs for Growlithe.

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

3811 as of right now on my Gastly hunt. Well, 3811 if you count the couple thousand I did on Route 216 of Sinnoh for a shiny Sneasel or Snover. But I got sick of doing that so now I'm waiting for a blue Gastly. Please shine. :c
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Hey guys! I only did 135 SRs for Latios/Latias yesterday, (Whomp) which got me up to 615 SRs for them each. I have already manage about 70 today and I don't really have any plans today, so hopefull I hit the 1000 mark (or get a shiny before then) today! I feel like I am taking this hunt super slow, but it is because I am working so much. :/ I am also taking this slower because I am not worried on trying to get it done as soon as possible like I did with the Eevee quest. That Eevee quest really burnt me out (to the point I needed a burn heal).

Anyways, I am interested in seeing if my vote won for the hunt for July (which most people can guess which one I voted for based on my current hunt). I can't wait to see Latios and Latias shine!

Happy hunting everyone!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. (Dec 28) 7. ? 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #7- Wailmer & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

... I've just experienced every shiny hunters nightmare

GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Quote Originally Posted by cocoadragon View Post
    ... I've just experienced every shiny hunters nightmare

Oh god... You accidently pushed the "Run" button, didn't you ? I'm so sorry for you... And Caterpie is such a sweet shiny...
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    Actually it was Raticate's ability.
    Run Away can't force a trainer to flee a wild Pokémon. It has to click on "Run" and then this sentence appears.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 30th June 2013 at 11:54 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 261 of 948 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast