Page 266 of 937 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 23418

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Skitty still hasn't shined and I'm up to my 328th egg, when will my drought end

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

Well I've decided my next BQ hunt. I'll be doing a Headbutt hunt in Ecruteak City. I'm hoping mainly for Pineco, but I'll take Exeggcute too. I guess I don't really care which I get since I like shiny hoothoot, pineco, and exeggcute. Also does anyone know which trees hold spinarak and ledyba in Ecruteak? Serebii says they're there but I'm not sure which trees they're in.

Congrats on the recent shinies and good luck!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Congrats to Ceecee-typhlosian on Treecko (glad it wasn’t another pooch instead!), 2rsa on Lapras, RaichuArcanine on Mincinno (yay, a quick hunt!), Shido- on Plusle and Gurdurr, and City Of Delusion on Palpitoad!

I did 700 REs today. Still just hoping my game silently agreed to my plea of getting Shinx around 20k encounters...

Still having camera trouble too :| It's annoying having to restart my laptop every half hour just because of it. On the bright side though, the video quality seems to be significantly better than my digital camera =\ If only I'd get a nice shiny Shinx or Growlithe to show the quality

Good luck, everyone!

EDIT: Sort of random to bring this up, but just for fun I thought I'd put it out there. I made this back on May 1st.

I had just decided to make a "Wanted" poster of shinies I sort of want at some point (and in the case of the 3 already crossed out, shinies that I did want but acquired). They're not necessarily in any particular order, and I'm not sure when I'll actually try for some of them.

I'm just waiting to cross another box off
    Last edited by Cpchris; 4th July 2013 at 6:39 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 4,700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 10,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Thanks for the congrats guys! Mincinno is now a Cincinno and I renamed her to the right spelling of Cappuccino. Pic: I beat Clay using only her =). My next hunt is Mistralton Cave, I'm only on about 100 RE's so far and I'm hoping from any shiny from here. I'm still sick and will not be going back to school for the last two days, and then there's holidays so I have plenty of time to hunt. Congrats on all new shinies and good luck to everyone as always.
    EDIT: Just checked and it turns out Aron will have Roar in it's moveset. So I let my Illuminate Watchog, Wildeye's faint so I can still make use of her ability, and traded over Amplifier, my Soundproof Exploud from Black 2. He's in the second slot of my party, so he comes out first.
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 4th July 2013 at 8:40 AM. Reason: Added Info

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Well it has been a couple of days since my last post so congrats to Cyberra on Golurk Charizardmaster#1 on NidoranF Cyndajay on Magnemite Liamb2324 on your bunch Covert Cactus on Mewtwo Pokemaster13 on Elgyem as Murkrow Cee-cee typhlosion on Treecko 2rsa on Lapras RaichuArcanine on Mincinno Shido on Plusle and Gurdurr and City Of Delusion on Palpitoad. I hope I didn't miss any.

I don't know how many people will have seen my last post as it's at the bottom of page 263 but I'm now up to 825 soft resets on Ho-oh as I haven't had much time recently. However I'm off work ill today and most likely tomorrow so I will be getting a few in over the next couple of days. Hopefully it'll shine for me.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

Hi Guys, Ive been very demotivated for the last few months and have barely played, but Ive been playing during Wimbledon and It finally seems like my shiny hunting bug is back! Im up to 1170 eggs for Caterpie so hopefully it will shine for this months CH.

Congratulations on the shinies everyone, I went back and read all the shiny posts that I missed and it seems like everyones been having a run of good luck lately.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Oh dear god I'm at 6,130 REs for a shiny Gastly. I literally haven't turned off my DS all day, not including the 15-20 minute breaks I take every few hours, and even then I just close my DS, not turn it off. This is starting to get painful.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

In over 500 hours of Sapphire I didn't get 1 shiny. My 3 year old son just caught a shiny tentacool at about 20 hours... I've tried to persuade him to trade it to me, but unfortuantely he knows it's special

Hehe, let your son keep that shiny, he'll always remember it as his first shiny, and that's a special thing.

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Congrats with your son, he beat me to a shiny and yet I have 11 years on him, he has good luck but then again I have bad luck

Default Omg

OMG. I only started hunting in Mistralton Cave today and after only 395 RE's(W2 no shiny charm) I found(no encounter pics as I was trying to take a video but my camera cut out halfway through >_>) Ignore the date on the summary, the date is wrong on my 3DS as I was messing around with it to try and get Braviary to appear on the weekend.
    SHINY FREAKING BOLDORE. I love Shiny Boldore and Gigalith and needless to say am so happy right now. More pics:    Spoiler:- SHINY BOLDORE OMG:
    Either my game must really feel sorry because I'm sick or maybe it's making up for the three hunts that were 16k,14k,14k in a row for Mareep,Eevee and Yamask. His IV's:IV's: HP-10,13 Attack 8,11 Defense-12,14 Special Attack-22,24 Special Defense 0,2 Speed 14,17.I'll make him an attacker regardless.. I've decided to name him Malachite.Anyway, I'm off to evolve him by trading with B2 then I'll beat Skyla and start the hunt for Volcarona. My shortest RE hunt ever, only hunted for four hours. Hope you all can be as lucky as me!
    EDIT: Oh and he's the 6th Shiny of my W2 BQ, and my 20th shiny overall(no including events of course!). Oh and Community Hunt Complete!
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 4th July 2013 at 3:17 PM. Reason: Added more info

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Holy crap, congratulations! I need some of that luck! ;~;

-Elite Four Karen

Well been chaining for at least 4 hours a day recently with no luck as the chains keep breaking and me been inpatient by try to chain different pokemon instead of sticking with certain ones. So iv decided to concentrate on 5 pokemon- roselia, rhyhorn, ponyta and sneavel and not moving onto the other until i have the shiny version, then after i have them 4 going to maybe try to SR for heatran. Also still wanting help to evolve electabuzz if somebody would be kind enough
    White fc- 0648 6991 3191 Platinum fc- 0133 3030 7797 Soulsilver fc-4342 3713 5679
    Also have a list of FS/NFS
        Spoiler:- platinum Shiny spoiler:

Spoiler:- Legendaries i have to trade:

Spoiler:- White shinies:

PM WITH ANY OFFERS

Quote Originally Posted by EMP_Pinkie_Pie View Post
    OK, so out of curiosity, I timed myself to see how many SRs I could do in a minute, which came out to 2. So I did a bit of math.
    2 SRs a minute, 60 minutes in an hour = 120 SRs, then I multiplied that by the number of hours I take out of the day to SR, which is 6, and got 720. So if I've done my math right, and multiply the 720 by 30 days, that would mean I've SRed a approximate total of 21,600 times for Virizion, which has yet to shine. Did the same math for Moltres, except I've only been working on it for the past 2 days, and got 1440 SRs.

After looking at KittyKitty's sig and seeing all her SR totals, either she must be the luckiest girl in the world, or I just plain did my math wrong.
    I'm pretty sure your guestimation is wrong. I spent about a month (give or take a few days) on both Kyogre and oh Ho-oh and got nowhere near 20K. Just to put it into perspective... with these 2, I also spent between 6-10 hours each day SRing because I had the time to once I was done with classes in college. I would probably say you are probably around the 12-15k mark. During these hunts, I averaged about 600-800 SRs each day.

But anyways, good luck on your hunt! As for some of my SRs (Cobalion, Toto, Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza), I was super lucky. I got all these in 5 days or less.

As for my current hunt... I gathered up 60 Squirtle eggs. I am hatching my last Eevee eggs by running around with 4 Eevee eggs and collecting and then boxing each Squirtle egg I get. Once I am done with the Eevee eggs, I will do the same process, but instead start hatching my Squirtle eggs (run around with 4 to hatch, leaving room for one to collect and then deposit). I am sooo looking for to the hatching steps of Squirtle as compared to them Eevee!!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Unsure about what I should do with my Phanpy...

I have the choice of using my Japanese Ditto with pretty horrible IVs to speed up the process with MM, or just using two Phanpys bred to have the right IVs so I have a better chance of ending up with the shiny I want...eventually. But with the Shining Charm, surely the odds aren't that significantly different...are they?
    Most recent shiny:

Sylveon!
    (MM! ~1800 eggs...)

Next Target...

(Dream Ball Eevee & Vullaby, MM)
        Spoiler:- Y Shiny Card:

Hey Guys!

New guy here. I am writing to wonder if anybody is willing to trade a Shiny for a Shiny. Does anybody have a Shiny Steelix (Preferably Male) or a Shiny Hoppip (preferably female) they are willing to put up for trade?

I can offer a Shiny Kricketune in return.

Thanks

SteelixofGold

Congrats CoD on Palpitoad and to RaichuArcanine on Boldore. Great shinies.

I'm now at 11,100 SR's (23 days) for Tepig and it's starting to take its toll. Hope it's over soon.

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by dan2point5; 5th July 2013 at 12:47 AM.

9,400 Heatran, and it failed to shine with a gargantuan 1,300 SRs today! This is Day 14... Hoping to get it by the end of Saturday...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

Congrats to RaichuArcanine on Boldore!

That's it?!

I didn't have any luck either...And I only did 400 REs, when I thought I'd be doing at least 1,000. But I didn't want my whole setup downstairs when my parents got home, so around 1:30 I decided to have lunch to wait for them to come home (they were going out tonight for a volunteer thing), but they didn't get home till around 3. And then I left to do some shopping for a folding/collapsible table so I can have a more comfortable way to hunt/live hunt in my room. I bought one for $15 that I think will work well enough...The legs might be in the way when I sit though =\

But yeah, between going to stores, stopping home to google some stores/prices, going back out, standing in stores trying to think if tables were big enough or too big (I did measure floor space and the stuff I was putting on the table, but even so...), I didn't get back until around 7. And then I got a text from a friend asking if we wanted to see if others could get together and go watch the fireworks that they have in my town every year. So they came over at 8 and we left around 9 and the fireworks are at 10 and they ended at 10:30 and we got home around 11 and they left at 11:30...So there went my afternoon and night >.<

I think I get more hunting done on days that I don't intend on doing as much, and the days I think I'll hunt a lot, I don't end up hunting much...

Hope both of these hunts kindly hurry up soon :x Growlithe for the sake of starting my HG hunt, and Shinx for the sake of finishing this BQ before X/Y >.<

Good luck, everyone
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 4,700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 10,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congrats on the recent shinies people, although it doesn't seem like there has been many.

I'm now up to 730 headbutts in my SS BQ #4 hunt. I really could use a hunt that doesn't hit 19k for this BQ, so hopefully this one doesn't take too long.

Good luck on all your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Hey guys! Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have been very busy, but I should be back to regular postings. I will post a congrats list tomorrow, I just have a quick update for right now.

It hit again. Earlier today, I was soft-resetting for Treecko while playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf (finally got it!), and a shiny reared its head. Unfortunately, it was the wrong shiny. Poochyena came again. If you don't count the Pooch's, that makes 2 and a half months without a shiny I believe, and three months since I started hunting for Treecko. For constantly hunting on three systems (and now four) at once, 2 and a half months of no shines is getting to be ridiculous. Hopefully something will shine soon -_-

On a happy note though, my birthday was on the 2nd and I got a 3DS XL and New Leaf for my birthday. So now I have another system to hunt on when I'm not playing New Leaf. Right now I am doing a hunt that I think I will keep secret until I find it. We'll see though.

Good luck on all your hunts! Sorry for a little bit of complaining in this post. I will post a pic of the Pooch tomorrow. See ya!
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    Oh dear god I'm at 6,130 REs for a shiny Gastly. I literally haven't turned off my DS all day, not including the 15-20 minute breaks I take every few hours, and even then I just close my DS, not turn it off. This is starting to get painful.
    Remember what I went through with Golurk. Gastly will rear its sparkly little head eventually.

At 800 eggs hatched for Magikarp, still no sparkles. I'll be happy as long as this hunt doesn't run as long as my Golurk hunt did. Next target: Charizard, then Roggenrola. When I get far enough in White 2 I might try SRing for Virizion and Regice.

Question... If a shiny Kyurem is fused with a non-shiny Zekrom or Reshiram, will Black Kyurem/White Kyurem be shiny?

@Cyberra. Yep, it'll still be shiny.

-Elite Four Karen

About 340 with eggs now and no sign of Skitty shining

I kinda wish Phanpy's shiny sprite wasn't so damn similar to the normal one. It's gonna make me massively paranoid. Tynamo was pretty bad, but this isn't any better.

However, I have managed to set up some brilliantly-IV'd parent Phanpys...now for the long haul...
    Most recent shiny:

Sylveon!
    (MM! ~1800 eggs...)

Next Target...

(Dream Ball Eevee & Vullaby, MM)
        Spoiler:- Y Shiny Card:

Page 266 of 937 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast