Page 268 of 945 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 23621

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Question: Does the method of getting shiny pokémon through breeding a foreign pokémon with a home-game apply to using Ditto with other pokémon? I have a Japanese Ditto and I've bred it with, well, everything XD Wondering if it works the same way or if there are conditions preventing this?

Click my Trainer Card to see my Shiny Pokémon List

My Personal Pokémon Website: Ace Trainer Alex Webpage
    Ace Trainers United Website: Ace Trainers United
    Ace Trainers United Facebook Group
    Pokémon X Version: Alex - 2535-4116-7272
    Friend Safari: Poison -

@Ace Trainer Alex: Yep, it works just the same.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

I'm at about 3000 SRs for Cobalion right now. This hunt is one that I actually just want to get over with... I just hope Symchronize works when I get it. Good luck to all!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Awesome! Thanks Well that puts me in good spirits for making my team.

Click my Trainer Card to see my Shiny Pokémon List

My Personal Pokémon Website: Ace Trainer Alex Webpage
    Ace Trainers United Website: Ace Trainers United
    Ace Trainers United Facebook Group
    Pokémon X Version: Alex - 2535-4116-7272
    Friend Safari: Poison -

Congrats to Tsisque on Nuzleaf and Trapinch, crashandcortex on Tepig (nice job getting all starters!), supersmew on Pikachu, City Of Delusion on Pikachu, and Scrufox86 on Latias!

…*sigh*…-hits ‘play’ button-...”So I didn’t do as much hunting today as I’d planned…”

Yeah, so I started hunting today, and 50 REs in, I just couldn't stand the table legs in the way. I wanted to put my legs in front of me and I couldn't with those stupid X shaped table legs. And one of my 3DSes was sliding on the table a little sometimes when I moved the circle pad.

So I spent several hours trying to hopelessly find a small table with legs only on the side instead of crossing, as well as some of that rubber matting stuff like you put under a rug to keep it from sliding, so that I could keep my 3DS from sliding.

And then once I finally found the matting stuff I needed, and after I couldn't find a single small table I wanted anywhere, I just decided to go back to Target and get the huge 34” square table. So now I have that and as large as it is, it is much more comfortable and much more spacious so I can have my laptop, mouse/mousepad, calculator, folder and paper, both 3DS XLs, and my webcame with plenty of room. And, my 3DSes don’t slide on it, so I’ll be returning both the first table I got and the rubber matting.

And I got a response from Logitech CS to try to figure out why the webcam program is freezing so easily, so maybe I’ll be able to get that worked out too…And then I might FINALLY start doing more hunting!

Anyways, I finished the other 50 REs for 100 total. And then mid-afternoon, my friend called asking if I wanted to hang out after work, since people were gonna go over around 8 or 9, and I ended up leaving work at 10. And I just got back at 2:30am which is late for me. So yeah. Didn't have a chance to hunt after work. So only 100 REs ;_; But now I've got my comfortable table/hunting space, just gotta get that webcam fixed and I'll be 100% ready to hunt!

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,300 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,300 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,100 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Finally got shiny charm in W2. Will start hunting soon
    WIll be doing W2 hunt together with my HG badge quest.

Quote Originally Posted by jellywolffy View Post
    Finally got shiny charm in W2. Will start hunting soon
    WIll be doing W2 hunt together with my HG badge quest.
    Congrats! I've been working on the Shiny Charm a lot lately.

1,005 eggs hatched for magikarp; it's not shining yet. Hopefully it will soon... I really don't want to deal with another long hunt

Oh yeah, Ash had a Tepig didn't he? So crash has also completed the CH and the set of starters! Awesome work, congrats.

As for me, I'm still SRing Giratina. 800 SRs, good progress for me so far. 1,200 by the end of the weekend hopefully. Route 35 on HG is also running smoothly, but is at 6,400 REs. This may just want to go past 16,826 REs...but probably not. My reclaim of Magikarp isn't one if my main focuses right now, but when I capture Giratina I will hunt it more actively. However, there is that lake in Platinum that has nothing but high levelled Magikarp...
    On my recently completed Platinum, I should be starting a new hunt for something after Giratina shines. Heatran, Azelf, Palkia, Rotom...lots of options.

Congrats to all of the recent shinies though. Good luck to everyone else!
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Hey guys! Today... I've got my first shiny ever.. that I've hunted for!

http://i.imgur.com/1B85lzo.png

The lil thing has a Timid nature (I actually wanted this )

IVs: 23 - 28 / 0 - 9 / 0, 1, 2 / 11 - 23 / 28 / 10 - 24

It has pretty good IVs (I think), but since I don't play competitively, it doesn't really matter much.

I'm pretty excited now that this is the start to even more successful hunts (more motivation ). Although it didn't have the ability that I wanted, I'll still train it.

Also, congratulations to everyone who got a shiny recently!
    Last edited by Spawty; 7th July 2013 at 8:17 AM.
    Latest Shiny (11/27/14)
    Obtained via: Soft Reset
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Is there any way i can join the montly shiny thing?
    I know it sounds stupid, but i'm new here
    Last edited by Norway; 6th July 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    Is there any way i can join the montly shiny thing?
    I know it sounds stupid, but i'm new here
    Anyone can join. Just pick one of the pokemon on the hunt list, catch it as a shiny before the end of July, and when you do show us a picture and yell "hunt complete". I joined last month's hunt halfway through, though the bloody Golurk took so long to shine I just barely squeaked in

Oh, ok. Thanks. Do i have to record or anything to proof it is real? And do i have to count how many RE's i have?
    Last edited by Norway; 6th July 2013 at 11:20 PM.
    -

I'm probably gonna have a break after I get my pokemon to level 30 in black 2. I wanna catch more shinies, and not a shiny magikarp from soul silver. Then again that thing is in pokemon white right now while I'm in a scramble run for soul silver training my pokemon.
    I was hoping for a shiny trapinch. Dunno what the odds of that. Five percent chance to find trapinch and 1 in 8000 and something of finding a s hiny. But I found 3 trapinch. 2 in a row and the other after another sandile. I'm gonna go to 50 RE encounters in lostlorn forest minimum. Then go somewhere else, battle the trainers so they get out my way then do about 100 RE min. The max I'll stop at in RE tomorrow is 500. Yeah it's a little short but I'm feeling lucky enough to see if it works. Wish me luck guys

Oh, ok. Thanks. Do i have to record or anything to proof it is real? And do i have to count how many RE's i have?
    We like pictures to show off our catches. Not everyone shows one, though. Counting REs or SRs or eggs hatched is a matter of personal preference. I count to see how long my hunts go. Whether you want to is entirely up to you

Just look up all shiny pokemon and decided which to go for.
    Despite my SR in HG, I am going to restart my hunt for sandshrew.
    Last edited by jellywolffy; 6th July 2013 at 3:30 PM.

Hi guys! I just started my Solosis hunt today!
    I just wanted to know, the Cute Charm problem doesn't affect the odds in a Generation V game, right ? I'm not using one actually but I see quite often female Solosis and Minccino while I would like the other gender. I don't think it affects it but I just want to be sure, I would really like to get a male Solosis.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Hi guys! I just started my Solosis hunt today!
    I just wanted to know, the Cute Charm problem doesn't affect the odds in a Generation V game, right ? I'm not using one actually but I see quite often female Solosis and Minccino while I would like the other gender. I don't think it affects it but I just want to be sure, I would really like to get a male Solosis.
    I dont think it does, I think it just affects the odds in gen IV if you had the right PID/SID.

In other news, Im feeling very much like Dan2point5...... drained. No shiny caterpie in my last batch of eggs so Im up to 1500. Which doesn't seem so bad I know, but after the nearly 3000 to get blastoise, I thought my game would be nicer to me

congrats to everyone on thrir recent shinies, especially those completing the CH (I hope to join you but with my stupid luck........)

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Stick with it, elorasheppard - you'll get one eventually!

I'm up to exactly 1,000 eggs hatched for my latest MM hunt. 24 more and I'll be at the odds... Here's hoping we all get a little bit of luck this weekend.

Keep at it, everyone. Remember that the pay off is worth the effort!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Well, looks like Unova's caves hate me, since the last cave I hunted in ended with a long hunt. 8200 RE's, so I'm in for a longer hunt that Mewtwo. As I'm no fan of Woobat, I really hope that doesn't shine now, but even less exciting would be Excadrill, since I can find it in every other cave there is. I've also decided my next hunt will be either Taillow or Charmander by MM. The one I choose will largely depend on what shines here. Anyway, congrats on the recent shinies, and good luck to everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Update: I've been working on Pichus lately. Grab 5 eggs, hatch at Join Ave, fly to Virizion and check it, then reset.
    Last night (technically this morning) I encountered shiny Virizion ^_^ Relaxed nature and terrible IVs I use legends as trophies anyways, so no big deal.
    I'm SRing Terrakion now, to complete my trio
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Been transfering my HG pokemon to Platinum and White 2 so I can start a BQ... I'll probably get bored of SR for a shiny starter (it's really not that fun), so I'll probably only SR a couple dozen times, then just wander around the grass until I find something else shinning.

Eevee still hasn't shown, so I have over 2 boxes of Eevees to show for it, gonna have to release some today, I'll pick the best stats for Eeveloutions and reserve them.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

So this is where you post about your hunts?
    Well i'm new to this. Having my first ever hunt.
    SR for in soul silver

I didn't count, but i'm probably over 500 SR. Have been doing this for a while
    Last edited by Norway; 6th July 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    -

Boy have i did something stupid......
    So... I traded a gothorita for a solosis with a Japanese OT. Its name was even in what i took to be japanese characters. So i bred it with my own solosis to try and get a shiny one. Two days and 300 + eggs later i decide to check my pokedex to makesure everything is good. And of course, no foreign entries. What a waste of time! But anyway, i got a new foreign parent and ive started hatching again. Gl to everyone and congrats on all the awesome shinies!
    Edit: @Aqua: Ah ok. Its just all pre gen five pokemon in gen five games have. I thought the ot was hacked or something. Thanks!
    Last edited by *PKMN Trainer Paddy*; 6th July 2013 at 10:24 PM.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

So this is where you post about your hunts?
    Well i'm new to this. Having my first ever hunt.
    SR for in soul silver
    Yes but try to remember to edit your posts, please!
    "*Rule #1: Keep the number of posts per page at a reasonable number. (Ideally, one post per page that you edit with additional comments)
    *Rule #2: Limit posts that are only progress updates to once per day (unless you got your shiny after your update)"
    ---
    My Charmander hunt is going longer than expected, up to over 600 eggs. I shouldn't be complaining since my last two where under 100 eggs xD although it was a long time ago since I last MMed.
    My HG SRs are moving steadily along, although not as fast as my SS BQ SRs. I'm at 825 SRs.
    My SS BQ hunt for Zubat is getting no where it seems! I'm at 35 hours of hunting, hoping it'll shine soon, but not so soon that I don't have a nickname for him/her!
    I only did 60 eggs today for charmander, usually do 120-180 eggs. I want to have enough time for my other hunts today.

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    No, that's normal. 5th gen Pokemon don't have foreign dex entries. The Japanese OT and characters should be enough to say its foreign anyways.
    I'm pretty sure they do because I got a Japanese charmander off GTS and after reading Paddy's post I went and checked myself on my White 2 and under charmander's sprite was a little boxed J and it showed me the Japanese entry for it...
    This?; chardex.jpg
    Unless you're talking about something else and I have no idea what it is xP
    Last edited by ohjeezitskim; 7th July 2013 at 12:49 AM.

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Page 268 of 945 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast