Page 27 of 937 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mad_toast_boy View Post
    the trainer card counts it as one but the reason i was looking into it was because i saw loads of places online saying it actually counts as two, its like SRing for a starter where there's 3 pokemon that could shine
    Every random encounter counts as one, doesn't matter if you get a double battle. And that SR rule only counts for the Johto starters.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    That's fair it's just to me having a starter who's the heart of my team is pretty important to me. Still I did trade it to my SoulSilver where...actually I haven't played that in...a while. I should probably check and make sure it's not dead.
    If I were you I'd transfer that Chikorita to a Gen 5 cartridge, so you always can see him/her shine :-D

--

Just did a total of 350 softresets in 2 hours time, I hope I will be having a shiny Johto starters before this community hunt ends. My goal is gonna be completing every community hunt.

And if I complete a community hunt, I will go to regular hunting, with this kind of schedule:

After every 1000 Random Encounters, I will be doing 100 eggs, after the eggs I will be doing 500 Soft resets.

I do multiple hunts because I hate to do the same thing all over again.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Finished today on a combined total of 900 SR's. Will pick it up again some time tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.

Well, ended up at 55 eggs total today for my Taillow hunt, but to be fair I've also been working on completing my unova dex so it's not like I'm lazy or something

There's been a lot of new shinies since I last posted so congrats everyone.

Congrats on all the recent shinies guys ^^ I just picked my oshawott hunt up again had to stop it due to the holidays but anyway im back to hunting now @6300 for oshawott
    GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 26th November 2012 at 1:33 AM.

I am now over the odds eith the shiny charm to get me a shiny out of chargestone cave! 2400 re and still no shiny, this is my third hunt in a row to go over the odds, when will my luck roll in!?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Man, reading this thread makes me scare to try to get that shiny duskull! although when I tried to breed a multiscale dragonite, I got a shiny dratini on the twenty-something egg, so I guess i could luck out. Same thing with a ralts XD
    X FC: 1006 0385 8652 IGN: Mr.Brightside
    Come try your hand at solving my questions, and win yourself some pokemon

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post17399689

charmanderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I think i might just give up, or even move on to a none SR... I HATE SRing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

O.M.G! I was walking around in the dark grass in the abundant shrine area as i was going around the hidden grottoes for pokemon when i enter a double battle and a shiny VULPIX comes across the screen! I KOed the golduck that appeared with it and captured it in a luxury ball. Wow so now i have a masuda method shiny Pidgey and a random encounter shiny Vulpix on my black 2 version.
    Shinies are good.

congrats on the Vulpix its such a cute shiny! I tried MM one but I gave up (temporary) after reaching 2000 eggs

Now I'm going for the Sentret, just reached 530 eggs

Also, Chapter of Charizard, don't give up! It will eventually pay off! (:
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Hatched tons of Minccino eggs already, hope he shines soon c:
    Gratz to all recent shinies.

So i took a break form SR and BA BAMM after 442 encounters shiny metang came across my screen its bold nature. Ive been really wanting this shiny.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1-25at1941.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1-25at2000.jpg

Congrats on Vulpix and any other i may have missed. Back to SR for the trio. Good luck peeps.
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

Congrats on the shinies everyone. Once more, I failed to do a significant amount of hunting...100 REs, bringing me to 1000 total Eevee REs.

Quick question though, does anyone know (or is it even possible to know) if leaving an area affects the odds of getting a shiny? Like if I want to head back to the pokemon center for a bit and then return? Or does it not have any effect?
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 4,700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 10,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Congrats on the shinies everyone. Once more, I failed to do a significant amount of hunting...100 REs, bringing me to 1000 total Eevee REs.

Quick question though, does anyone know (or is it even possible to know) if leaving an area affects the odds of getting a shiny? Like if I want to head back to the pokemon center for a bit and then return? Or does it not have any effect?
    for shiny hunters, it doesn't make a difference what you do. it only matters when you're trying to abuse the RNG.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Gratz on the shinies guys, Vulpix and Metang are great.

I'm at about 1580 eggs hatched now.

got 400 sr for my SS starters
    My shiny pokemon:

re in Celestial tower:

12,000 RE at Chargestone Cave! I hope something shines!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

10.8k SRs later and FINALLY Latios shines for me in Black 2! It feels amazing to have come this far and finally it pays off! My longest hunt so far Thank you to the people in this thread who have motivated me with their stories! I'll upload a pic soon!
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

I'm back, and have little news sadly. Though overall, shiny success is as great as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    7922 RE's in Chargestone Cave here, which isn't so bad until you consider that I'm using the shiny charm. Something better shine for both of us soon! And good luck to everyone else too!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Wahhhh...So I get back to the pokemon center and the medal guy is there, which I found strange because despite not even having 50 medals yet, I pretty much stopped getting them...So I talk to him, and I'm more or less spamming "A" because I don't really care much about medals...But on the second and final medal he gives me, I saw:

Pokerus Discoverer

*cries*

So here I get this thing rarer than a shiny, and it's already gone and wasted. At least I'm pretty sure - the Nurse didn't mention anything about it when I talked to her, though I didn't heal my pokemon. They also don't have any status about having caught it. And they have a little pink face next to all those shapes in their summary. So yeah...

So the only pokemon in my party at the time who caught it were my fainted Watchog, who I care nothing at all about and begrudgingly use for her Illuminate ability, Vaporeon who I have no intention of training and picked him as my level 19 front-of-party pokemon because he looks alright and figured I might as well have an Eeveelution in front. Then my Umbreon who is already fully EV trained. Then Zekrom, who, while I think is cool, I never really planned on training him and have already battled with him (and don't care to have his EVs lowered or anything); Cobalion who has grown on me, but I'm definitely not going to train and use it for its False Swipe and Thunder Wave, and Psyduck, who is my Water HM helper (or "slave" for you negative nancies!).

So yeah. 100% waste. Completely. Entirely. *cries some more* Couldn't I have just gotten my shiny Eevee instead ?
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 4,700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 10,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Officially over the odds, stopped at 8,200. This is my third hunt in a row over the odds. I'm being punished for getting a shiny drifblim in 110

At 3165 SR for Kyogre atm. Really hoping this isn't like Rayquaza where it took me over 9,000 SR... Wish you all luck.
    Shinies: :663:
    (Jirachi is the japanese Tanabata event.)

Currently hunting: N/A

Quote Originally Posted by xXweebigmanXx View Post
    got 400 sr for my SS starters
    Awesome, I'm currently on 350, trying to get a 350 extra today. (I don't got much time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    Dang dude, when is the luck gonna be with you?

I got a question, if I use a fainted magnamite with magnet pull as lead of my party, does the ability then still work?

EDIT: Got 550 Softresets now on the Johto starters, I think I'll be doing a small ammount of 150 tonight and will go die hard tomorrow.
    Last edited by Dylz; 26th November 2012 at 11:47 AM.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

After 1,124 SR's shiny Chikorita just shone on my heartgold! Little disappointed as I got Chikorita last time as well but it's nice to get something so soon! Think I'll move on now and get training! And OMG, it's female AGAIN! In really getting lucky with my Chikoritas haha. Nicknamed her Autumn :-) its the first time I've ever nicknamed a Pokemon too.

It's been almost a year since I lost my black game and my Shiny Zebstrika that I evolved from a shiny Blitzle that I got at route 3 after around 2,500 encounters. So now I'm trying to reclaim it on my White game: at 5,000 encounters. Wish me luck!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Congrats Dan! Oh and congrats to snagem on ur Latios! Congrats to everyone else who recently got shinies, I'm looking forward to see what the December hunt is!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 27 of 937 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast