Page 28 of 947 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

hey. would be extremely interested in if you guys would post the approximate hours/day it takes to get these shinies? i never have gone normal shiny hunting myself but am proud of you guys for having the patience to do it.
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

Bought the game a couple of days ago and only managed to start playing yesterday.
    Haven't even defeated the fourth Gym yet and managed to snag myself a SHINY! (don't plan on actively trying to find one until after I get my charm or at least defeat the E4)

Left the town with the 4th Gym and recieved the HM, Fly.
    Flew to the place where Magnemites are to try and catch one. Found a Magnemite as well as an Audino which was an added bonus.
    Checked it's nature... Adamant. :/ (-Sp.Att, +Att) Magnemites use Sp.Att more than Attack.
    Stayed around for a bit but couldn't find another one.
    Went to the GTS to try and trade it for a different one, after seeing something about the Magnemite Coil or whatever...
    Decided to get one in another language. Tried Japan but had some problems, as all of the ones up for trade had already been traded.
    Went to Spain, Denmark, Poland, Portugal and many other places... No luck.
    Tried out Mexico. Noticed that one of the magnemites was off-coloured. Got really excited before realising they probably wanted something special for it.
    THEY WERE ASKING FOR A MAGNEMITE! Clicked the trade button. Tried to stop myself from getting excited as someone else had probably beaten me to the trade, like with the Japanese ones.
    THE TRADE WENT THROUGH!

Can't remember the nature, although it was +Sp.Attack and -Speed Completely untrained and still at level 11!
    Could be better but it isn't the worst thing in the world. Just would have preferred the - to go to anything other than Speed. But at least there's +Sp. Attack, rather than Att, Def or Sp. Def

So, yeah. All in all a good day!

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

My White 2 continues to hemorrhage shinies. I'll post all of the pictures later. ♥

Right now, I'm playing through my new Soul Silver file. Would love a random shiny but the main reason I've restarted is so I can SR for Mewtwo and Groudon. I'm trying to only do the bare minimum so it's going fairly quickly now I'm past the early stages.

Unsure of what to do next on White 2. I was thinking about going for one of the deers (Terrakion most likely) when I remembered that I haven't caught any of them in my Black version yet so I could potentially double SR for them. Then it occured to me that maybe it would be a better idea to SR for one of the pixies on White 2 instead....and while typing this I realised I haven't activated Tornadus in Black either and seeing as I adore Tornadus Therian, I may go for him. Still disappointed the genies are unavailable in the sequels.

Congrats on all the new shinies!

The winner of the December Vote: Let it Snow! -> Obtain any Ice type via any method

@dan2point5, did you ever get around to SRing Regigigas?

I got my max boxed medal finally, so now I'm hatching all the eggs. this may take a while >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Sweet! Definitely taking part in the community hunt!

Nah haven't gone for Regigigas yet, was a little burned out from hearing the same old music getting the first 3 Regi's. I'm gonna pick it up again in a couple of weeks though. Good luck hatching all your eggs!

Awesome. maybe I can get one if I get to the icy cave before Jan 1
    Fairywitch's last artwork below:

Shiny Hunts:

BQ#1 Game Lost

^What he said.

Still bummed about my Pokerus incident. And I think I'm going to have to slow back down on my hunting (as if I wasn't going slow enough with 100 REs/day) since my research paper is due probably in about 2 weeks.

Can't wait to get hunting more after school is over! Gratz on everyone's shinies.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Long time, no shiny.
    Just now, I met this one at Route 12 while looking for a female Combee.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/...1-26180811.jpg

It showed up after 1138 encounters on my Black 2.
    Serious nature is neutral, right? Think so, so not so bad

Happy

Dang it dan, you're one up on me. Also, YESS! on your decision to do a BQ! Some motivation.

Meanwhile, I managed 750 (!) REs yesterday.

Good news! I have 2 calculators! Dual hunting is on.

766 REs for Zubat/Shinx.
    Also, I know Bidoof is a lacking shiny, but I realised I had a Shiny Bibarel from the SZ, but lost it. Now, that means if Bidoof shone, it'd be a reclaim!

Congratulations and HUGE GOOD LUCK (see what I did there?) to all.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

12,500 RE now in Chargestone Cave! Come on something shine! I just want to move on already!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Gl ^ shiny lord, you deserve the next shiny after 100 encouters. Congrats to dan on the 3rd chickorita! And all the others too. Lacking in motivation @ 1100 eggs now and IF this hunt ends for shroomish, i'll move on and mm shellder as the community hunt because cloysters a ice type. Might even mm two, one for each evo. Shine shroomish! Gl to all!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I'm so glad it is let it snow! First target is a mystery mm then I'm going after the king of ice types kyurem!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Looks that my luck strikes back, yesterday this shiny pup shone for me after 1273 REs in Floccessy Ranch:
    Leo1.jpg
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/jrp9hg.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2jb441i.jpg[/IMG]
    Lillipup/ male
    1273 REs in W2 (Shiny Charm)
    Lv 4 Hab.: Vital Spirit Nat: Lonely
    IVs: 10-28/0-4/10-28/28/10-28/15-28

IVs re pretty good except the Attack :S, but I'm not complaining, I'll EV train him anyway and evolve it into Stoutland. I named him Leo after my dog, who is a pup and also a Yorkshire (but no shiny xD).
    Also, the last week I was hatching some eggs in my friend's Emerald to get good synch and I hatched an unexpected shiny Abra, that was pretty lucky due to being a 1/8192 unexpected shiny and also due to the broken RNG. Anyway, I gave it to him because I already have a shiny Alakazam and the game was his.

Now I don't know what to do, I think that maybe it's too late to start a SR Community Hunt, maybe I hunt in the Desert Resort until December, when I'll SR for Kyurem.

Good luck everybody!

Wow, dan, congrats on your golden rock, looks that my message wishing good luck worked xD.
    Last edited by Snivasel; 26th November 2012 at 11:42 PM.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/v481g1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/14j9dn8.gif[/IMG]

OMFG! This is ridiculous! I must be in the luckiest streak of my life lately!

After just 712 RE's in Union Cave a nice female golden Geodude graced my screen. After letting it paralyse itself my tackling my mareep I threw one ball and it was mine. That's 2 BQ shinies in one day! Woop! Oh and I nicknamed her Roxy :-p

Good luck everyone especially AquaRegisteel who convinced me to do the BQ in the first place!

Curse your luck dan ;-( I haven't got a shiny in like 5 days now.

I'm currently on 700 Soft resets for the johto starters, tomorrow I'll be getting the 1,000 milestone.

Wish me luck!!

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

^Two shinies in a day? O_o I wish I had that kind of luck lol.

Congrats on all the shinies still working on my sentret, 585 eggs hatched so far... hope its not too long
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Picture the scene...
    I'm off to Relic Castle with my level 25 party, when in Desert Resort, N's level 35 Darmanitan shows up and decimates half my team. Fortunately, it killed itself after Belly Drum, and Sandstorm damage... So, I went back to the Nurse to heal, then it appears again. Lobbed a Quick Ball at it, and caught it. Also caught N's Darumaka and Scraggy, but that Darmanitan...

Started my Relic Castle hunt now... at 125 encounters...

Congrats on your shinies, Dan!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

5,100 Run Aways

Congrats Snivasel on Lillipup, Cocoa on Roselia, and dan on Geodude! I, as many others, am stoked that the community hunt will be Let it Snow! I myself will be doing 2 secret MM hunts (one on my Black 2 and one on my White 2) and if time allows, I will be dual SRing for Kyurem on them as well! My hunt will be quite interesting on my White 2 because that is where my living pokedex is stored, so I might only do about 30 eggs at a time with that. We will see!

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Picture the scene...
    I'm off to Relic Castle with my level 25 party, when in Desert Resort, N's level 35 Darmanitan shows up and decimates half my team. Fortunately, it killed itself after Belly Drum, and Sandstorm damage... So, I went back to the Nurse to heal, then it appears again. Lobbed a Quick Ball at it, and caught it. Also caught N's Darumaka and Scraggy, but that Darmanitan...

Started my Relic Castle hunt now... at 125 encounters...

Congrats on your shinies, Dan!
    I almost experienced that scene myself when I first went through Desert Resort, but I managed to run away immediately. Seriously though, why did Gamefreak place a pokemon that outlevels Elesa, even on Challenge Mode? Either way, good thing you managed to get it taken care of.

Wait, Aqua and Dan, you two started BQ's in 4th gen? Looks like I'll be joining soon in Platinum, hopefully. I decided against a starter due to how terribly long it would take, so I'm going for Route 207. Since I already have two hunts going, I'll be ready to go as soon as I'm done in Chargestone Cave.

Sadly, I'm not getting anywhere until I get that hunt Chargestone Cave done. Something has to shine there soon though. 8360 RE's is horrid luck with the shiny charm, being three times over the shiny charm odds, 1 time over standard odds. Of course, I'm not the only one having a tough time there, so I can't complain too much. And maybe I'm being punished for three consecutively short hunts. On a brighter note, I'll still be trying Articuno, especially since I can do so for the community hunt. After I got 5000 RE's in Chargestone Cave, I completely stopped with Articuno, though, so I'll be waiting there a bit. Anyway, good luck everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Might do December's community hunt.

I got a reclaim on the books last night as I finally managed to figure out how to work the Pokeradar and not screw up my chain. Bit of a story to it.

Back before we were married, about three years ago, I got my spouse a used copy of Platinum as a gift and we started up the game. The very first pokemon to show up after obtaining pokeballs was a shiny bidoof. I was very excited as I explained shinies to my spouse, who caught it and nicknamed it Bepoof. It was then that we learned that in Gen IV they made it so you could not override a save file with a new game. We lost Bepoof. We have mourned the loss of Bepoof ever since.

Last night, while watching the new Walking Dead episode, I decided to give it another shot to radar up a shiny bidoof. Near the end of the episode I had finally managed to rack up a chain of 30, and soon made it to 40. Number 41 gave me a shiny bidoof to give to my spouse. I caught it, named it, and saved. Then I decided I might as well get myself a shiny bidoof of my own while I was on the chain, so I did.

Bepoof now lives in my spouse's White 2 game and Bipoof, mine, has moved on up to my Black 2 cartridge. A very good day indeed. I'm going to need to get me one of those fancy shiny picture things soon.
    Last edited by General_Ridley; 27th November 2012 at 1:30 AM.

I have a quick question about the next community hunt. Would MMing an eevee with the intention of evolving it into a glaceon count?
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

HOLY CRAP!!! I'm really excited right now because after just getting my shiny Minccino yesterday and starting my badge quest on October 7, I finally finished today with my 8th shiny for my badge quest- Volcarona!! =)

Encounter

Summary

It appeared after less than 900 SR, plus my Synchronizer worked and it has a Modest nature! ^_^

When I started this hunt yesterday, I was worried that it may be a long hunt because my game has been pretty good to me and that I was probably due for a long hunt. Plus SR is my least favorite method of hunting, but luckily it turned out to be a quick hunt. So now I can move on to my next hunt! ^^

Congratz to Dan on two shinies in one day and General_Ridley for reclaiming that shiny Bidoof I have a couple of shinies myslef that I need to reclaim. Also good luck to everyone on their hunts and I'm very excited for next months community hunt.
    Leaf Green Badge Quest

Congrats! You have the best of luck! Jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenn of Ascension View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!! I'm really excited right now because after just getting my shiny Minccino yesterday and starting my badge quest on October 7, I finally finished today with my 8th shiny for my badge quest- Volcarona!! =)

Encounter

Summary

It appeared after less than 900 SR, plus my Synchronizer worked and it has a Modest nature! ^_^

When I started this hunt yesterday, I was worried that it may be a long hunt because my game has been pretty good to me and that I was probably due for a long hunt. Plus SR is my least favorite method of hunting, but luckily it turned out to be a quick hunt. So now I can move on to my next hunt! ^^

Congratz to Dan on two shinies in one day and General_Ridley for reclaiming that shiny Bidoof I have a couple of shinies myslef that I need to reclaim. Also good luck to everyone on their hunts and I'm very excited for next months community hunt.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Bunches View Post
    I have a quick question about the next community hunt. Would MMing an eevee with the intention of evolving it into a glaceon count?
    well, i personally think that it shouldn't have to evolve to match the type target. anyone else have thoughts on if they should be counted or not?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Page 28 of 947 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast