Page 3 of 813 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Wow congrats on ur shiny joltik! very nice luck! please pass some of it my way so i can finish this latios hunt!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Freaked out when i saw the thread close! i was like "ah"...
    lol. i like this thread tho. good luck to shiny hunts!

y wont this stupid marill shine?!?!?!?!
    I'm near 8,000 eggs!
    I kno im so impatient LOL

EDIT:
    not participating in the community hunt. gotta stick with my marill, i'm too deep in! maybe i'll sr that mandibuzz a bit, but prob only 4 a few thousand. gotta stick with my MMING. btw, my bday is comin uuuupp!
    :P
    Last edited by Chapter; 13th November 2012 at 11:46 PM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Woo new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by kayteemae View Post
    This Horsea does not want to shine, it's definitely taking longer than my Eevee hunt :/

I've decided I'm going to create an all purple shiny Pokemon team, so if anyone knows any final evolutions that are purple please let me know. I've got a small list so far but I'd like each one to be a different type, looking at older gen as well as current gen Pokemon as I've got Black, although I'll probably make it to use in Black 2 when I get it next week ^_^
    http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-wh...nt&color=shiny

Best page out there for picking your shiny targets out. GL on your purple hunt!

3,300 encounters now at Virbank Complex... Hope this isn't as long as Snivy took, albeit timewise this is a shorter hunt...
    Current Hunt

2,340 SRs/4,680 birds seen - PAUSED

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Wow, I'm loving the new setup for this thread, and I'm saying this knowing how many times it's been previously said. I saw that the last one was locked and thought "Oh, no! Not again!" Glad to see this much more organized, especially with the extra info and tips, and community hunt. Question on the community hunt: will the completed hunts on the first page be including people who only post in the other shiny threads, or only those posted here?

I've decided I can't stay away from Wooper any longer, and I'm starting right away. This will be my first MM hunt that I plan to complete, and I'll be storing an extra large batch of eggs for the All Boxes Filled Medal, so I'll have a lot of Woopers to release.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Woo new thread!

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-wh...nt&color=shiny

Best page out there for picking your shiny targets out. GL on your purple hunt!

3,300 encounters now at Virbank Complex... Hope this isn't as long as Snivy took, albeit timewise this is a shorter hunt...
    Thanks for the link, so much easier having everything on one page!

Good luck on your hunt too (well, everyone posting on here really)

FC: 3050-7566-2483 - Kaytee
    Friend Safari- Ground- Trapinch, Dugtrio and Diggersby.

Latest shiny: Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by kayteemae View Post
    This Horsea does not want to shine, it's definitely taking longer than my Eevee hunt :/

I've decided I'm going to create an all purple shiny Pokemon team, so if anyone knows any final evolutions that are purple please let me know. I've got a small list so far but I'd like each one to be a different type, looking at older gen as well as current gen Pokemon as I've got Black, although I'll probably make it to use in Black 2 when I get it next week ^_^
    I almost said that Kingdra is purple (cuz I got one personally) and then I did a *facepalm* because you are currently hunting for Horsea... I had a Slow...poke moment.

Well... In Kyogre news, I have officially passed the odds... I did a whooping 1,015 SRs today, bringing my total to 8,265 SRs. This thing is starting to drive me nuts!!! I am hoping that I get it before next week so that I can work on Rayquaza over Thanksgiving break. (Yeah... I know. Us silly Americans and our celebrations. )

Well, happy hunting everyone and congrats on all new shinies and I hope that everyone has better luck than I am having!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

I'm curious-how are you guys counting all these SR/REs?
    X team:

Emerald team:
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) (trade)
    Friend code: 4556-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12

Pokedex: 716 out of 718 obtained. Pokemon remaining: Genesect and Arceus

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I don't track my SRs but I know most people just use a calculator or write it down on paper. Same thing for RE'ing but I just use the trainer card to keep track of that.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

I've got an idea for the OP of this thread since it seems people are constantly questioning everyone about whether this or that is MM or things such as that. Why don't you add a FAQ to the first post, Dangertrout, to help everyone to figure out any questions they may have. The 5th gen shiny discussion thread has one, so it could be similar to that. I know you've kind of already got a FAQ type thing there but just explaining what can MM with what, and how you SR on the different gen. games etc. could be helpful for beginners.
    Last edited by Terra Force; 14th November 2012 at 1:14 AM.
    Signature edited due to exceeding image size and signature height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Current Target: LUGIA

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

I JUST got my shiny charm! Finally I plan to do some MMing. First one on the agenda is snesel. I first want to get the egg move of ice punch of it so when I get her I could really use her well.

Also, if I may participate in the community hunt with Azelf or maybe all the Lake Trio Pokemon. I think their shinnies are okay but Azelf the one I like the most, as a Pokemon and a shiny. I really don't any others that I can SR at this point.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

You could probably add in how people generally count eggs/encounters/SRs to the first post. It would also be nice if that link TheMaster posted with all the shiny Pokemon was up at the front too. I suddenly have a lot of targets because of it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    At least for RE you can check on you trainer card (see how many you have before you start, then see how many you have after).

Just a question: (Or two ^w^) What shiny looks coolest, what shiny looks the worst?

2,500 RE now at Chargestone cave. Unfortunately no shiny! Hopefully it will appear before 4,000 RE. If I'm super lucky then in the next 500 RE! Please game be kind!
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Just a question: (Or two ^w^) What shiny looks coolest, what shiny looks the worst?
    I think Ivysaur is my favorite shiny with the beautiful, golden flower sprouting from its back. IMO, I think shiny Weavile doesn't look right. In fact, it looks like marshmallows.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

That's a matter of opinion. There are many shinies that look amazing, but the ones that look bad are the ones that are just off-colored from their normal counterparts.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wow, I'm loving the new setup for this thread, and I'm saying this knowing how many times it's been previously said. I saw that the last one was locked and thought "Oh, no! Not again!" Glad to see this much more organized, especially with the extra info and tips, and community hunt. Question on the community hunt: will the completed hunts on the first page be including people who only post in the other shiny threads, or only those posted here?

I've decided I can't stay away from Wooper any longer, and I'm starting right away. This will be my first MM hunt that I plan to complete, and I'll be storing an extra large batch of eggs for the All Boxes Filled Medal, so I'll have a lot of Woopers to release.
    I'm just counting the ones in this thread, since this is where we've been announcing the community hunts. Also because it's tricky to keep track of two threads, and work on an FAQ, and have a job, and go to university and other commitments in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    I've got an idea for the OP of this thread since it seems people are constantly questioning everyone about whether this or that is MM or things such as that. Why don't you add a FAQ to the first post, Dangertrout, to help everyone to figure out any questions they may have. The 5th gen shiny discussion thread has one, so it could be similar to that. I know you've kind of already got a FAQ type thing there but just explaining what can MM with what, and how you SR on the different gen. games etc. could be helpful for beginners.
    I'll be putting together a proper FAQ at some point, but it will probably be well after finals in December.
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    That's a matter of opinion. There are many shinies that look amazing, but the ones that look bad are the ones that are just off-colored from their normal counterparts.
    I agree with the second quote. I mean, I like Carracosta, so it'd be nice to get its shiny, but it's hardly different from the regular sprite...A little darker in color, IIRC? Unless you're comparing the two right next to each other or unless you've trained yourself to know that when you see a certain shade, it's darker than the regular shade, then there's hardly a difference.

It's pretty important for me when I think about the shinies I want, because even though Carracosta is one of my favorite pokemon, I would rather get a Shiny Koffing, a pokemon I really don't like at all, simply because its shiny sprite is different and a nice blue color =\

So as for what shiny looks the worst...Probably whichever has the worst combination of "barely-different-than-normal-colors" and "pokemon-I-just-don't-like".

A favorite shiny? Probably Charizard or Umbreon, because they're probably my top favorite pokemon and also have epic shiny versions.

Another thing is some shinies are just disappointing not because they don't change, but because I think their color scheme is worse. An example, IMO, would be Aggron. I just don't think the red eyes and blue body looks as good as the blue eyes and black body. I think the combination of black/white body with blue eyes looks amazing, especially in conjunction with his design. The blue and white just doesn't seem as powerful and the red eyes aren't as nice with that combination.

Even though I dislike the scheme less though, I still prefer that over a shiny whose colors are barely noticeable.

I guess another thing to consider is that shinies kind of get a boost in coolness simply for breaking the monotony of the color of the species (not saying the monotony is bad) and still looking awesome. But that doesn't mean I genuinely like the colors better, despite possibly preferring the shiny version.

For example, Heracross being Pink/Purple in its shiny form instead of that nice blue. I kind of like the shiny form more than the normal colors just because it's different and still looks pretty cool...But...

Had I been shown the normal sprite and the shiny sprite of Heracross before it had been released and without being told which is which, I'd probably have said the Blue is better without much hesitation.

I'm sorry I'm not often capable of answering simple questions with simple answers and instead express everything on my mind

*goes off in corner and cries*
    Last edited by Cpchris; 14th November 2012 at 11:39 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Aron, Axew, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 14,400 REs (+4,074 REs = 1 Phase)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#9) (Bell Tower) - Ho-Oh: Complete!14,869 SRs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

3,000 RE now at Chargestone cave! I'm still hoping it will shine sometime in the next 1000 RE one because I want a shorter hunt then my last one and two because I have to catch up to Zenn who is now one shiny ahead of me! I'm probably going to get less RE in today because I need to do some university work and try and get ahead on my assignments a bit. I might be able to reach 4,000 RE today but I guess we will see. Good luck to everyone else! May the odds be ever in your favour!
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    It was most meant to be a question of opinion.

I'm awake and time for me to do a little 100 eggs for my green bird. ;-(

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Hello everyone. I'm now at 6240 encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest shiny. It would be nice if it shone within the 1/8192 odds.

Here's how my BQ quest is going so far:

Badge 1: Shiny Snivy - 12,282 SR
    Badge 2: Shiny Magnemite - 224 encounters
    Badge 3: Shiny ??? - ??? encounters

Rattata, if you dare shine in this hunt... I'll be annoyed. I'm not sure if I'd be pleased or annoyed to see a shiny Eevee either; since as I said before, I want to breed for shiny Eevee with the right nature/egg moves/dream world ability.

Good luck guys. Congrats on new shinies.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Shiny Oshawott appeared!! 4672 SR's!!! I count that as beginners luck!! I will post a picture later.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Congrats BJPalmer! That's 61 SRs less than my Snivy took to shine!

3,500 encounters now in Virbank Complex. Will be doing a lot more today...

How are you getting on @cocoadragon?
    Current Hunt

2,340 SRs/4,680 birds seen - PAUSED

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Hey all!

Update on my Spiritomb hunt - I'm at 1,000 eggs hatched on the nose, and I boxed up 100 more last night. I'll try and hatch those today but I'm starting to lose motivation at this point.

My Houndour hunt was the longest to date, at 2,288 eggs, but I have this odd feeling that Spiritomb is going to hold out and cost me a LOT of eggs, simply because I want it so badly.

Best of luck to all, here's hoping Spiritomb is teal soon!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Page 3 of 813 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast