Page 34 of 946 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I will be joining the community hunt for December by MMing a Spheal. looks like i'm not the only one wanting a shiny Spheal!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

What your signature is evolving? dun dun dun dun dun duuuuuun your signature has evolved into BEEN HEAR AWHILE. What do you want to nickname it? I'LL BE BACK!

I can't wait for Pokemon X and Y
        Spoiler:- shinys to date:

Arcanine the LEGENDARY Pokemon FTW
    GEN 3 RSE are still the BEST!!

1,000 encounters in Relic Castle... Hope this is another relatively quick hunt, so I can evolve Gurdurr after Elesa...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

5,100 Run Aways

I have no words to explain what just happend, this is insane luck only 3 hours after shiny cobalion, another shiny legend, my sync worked modest nature this actually took me awhile to catch. I was counting all the moves it was using, and as the last 5 moves came down my dusk ball finally capture it, thought i was gonna have to use my masterball. This is just insane luck now making 3 shiny legend in less than24hrs. My black 2 loves me lol.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1-28at1906.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1-28at1920.jpg

Congrats on staryu, well im not sure what legend i should do next. Good luck everybody.
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaChi View Post
    I have no words to explain what just happend, this is insane luck only 3 hours after shiny cobalion, another shiny legend, my sync worked modest nature this actually took me awhile to catch. I was counting all the moves it was using, and as the last 5 moves came down my dusk ball finally capture it, thought i was gonna have to use my masterball. This is just insane luck now making 3 shiny legend in less than24hrs. My black 2 loves me lol.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1-28at1906.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1-28at1920.jpg

Congrats on staryu, well im not sure what legend i should do next. Good luck everybody.
    thats pretty crazy. do you have the shining charm on this file?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    thats pretty crazy. do you have the shining charm on this file?
    I would believe so, but even then, that's insane luck. Congrats, ChaChi!

As for me, 10522 RE's in Chargestone Cave, and having the shiny charm makes this bad luck feel worse. Statistically speaking, this is the worst luck I've experienced in terms of odds. Looks like I just can't get a normal hunt. They're all either too long or too short, it seems. I really want to be done here before the end of the month, so I hope it doesn't get much longer.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Wow, lots goin on in these last couple pages!

Congrats on the quick Eevee. Too bad it's not the gender you wanted. I'm hoping I find a male for my Umbreon, but I won't be too disappointed with a female, either.

Chachi, that's astounding luck! Although for your sake, I hope that luck ends soon (to a certain extent at least), lest you start getting desensitized to the surprise of shinies

Congrats on your first successful hunt, Senrab! Funny how things sometimes happen like that.

And Syrrume, when I started getting into the main games this summer, I was planning up to what I'd do when Black 2 came out...I was planning my teams and moves and stuff like that. And before that, I'd only casually played Diamond a couple years back, and then Pokemon Rumble on the wii...So it doesn't seem too strange!

Good luck on everyone's hunts and congrats to anyone I missed. I always read every post so I always feel like I've seen a bunch of shinies and can't remember everyone that got one and who got what >.<

Hopefully I'll be hunting some more tonight (did 15 hunts in my car before classes, whoo).

EDIT: While I think about it, I've been meaning to ask this. I know I've read before about people whose games would delete files and they'd lose all their shinies and other pokemon and I'm completely dreading it (not like anyone's hoping that happens). But is it as common in DS games, or was it more of a problem with GBA or earlier games?
    Last edited by Cpchris; 29th November 2012 at 3:50 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    While I think about it, I've been meaning to ask this. I know I've read before about people whose games would delete files and they'd lose all their shinies and other pokemon and I'm completely dreading it (not like anyone's hoping that happens). But is it as common in DS games, or was it more of a problem with GBA or earlier games?
    I've actually never had this happen to me or even heard about it, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    FC: 0216-1922-2231

14,000 RE in Chargestone Cave! Come on shine already!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Hey again guys and gals!

There's been so much success that it will be hard to remember everyone, but awesome work, guys! The last few, like the Eevee, Chachi's shiny mass, and Senrab's Staryu are all fresh in my mind, so congratulations there, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    While I think about it, I've been meaning to ask this. I know I've read before about people whose games would delete files and they'd lose all their shinies and other pokemon and I'm completely dreading it (not like anyone's hoping that happens). But is it as common in DS games, or was it more of a problem with GBA or earlier games?
    You're not referring to fake GBA games where if you try to do something like Pal Park or trade or whatever, the save file deletes itself, are you? That's the only time I've heard of a game deleting by itself, and I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a real copy ever failing like that. I did get a fake Emerald from ebay, back when I was young and naive, and when I tried to Pal Park all the Pokemon I caught on it, the save file was corrupted and disappeared. Luckily there was nothing drastically special on there, but I looked up all about fake carts after that and became more aware of the issue. I don't really buy my DS games from ebay much, if at all, so I can't comment on those and whether there are fake ones that do that same thing, but I'd probably recommend to anyone not to buy the games from ebay, unless you are 100% sure they're safe.

I finally got my Round Charm, and wow, please don't get rid of this in subsequent games, Game Freak ... it just makes the entire thing so much more easier to deal with. Of course, it's all random, so sometimes it still takes a while for an egg to appear, but more often than not I can see a difference in the eggs being produced.

Good luck, guys! 200 hours on my Black 2 now ... something has to sparkle soon, right???

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    14,000 RE in Chargestone Cave! Come on shine already!
    I'm not usually superstitious, but I get a vague feeling that I won't be getting my shiny until after you do, since you started here before me. Either that, or Chargestone Cave hates us with a passion. Good luck to you as well, though! And I'm now up to 10,726 RE's myself, with over 50 hours being added to my file from this hunt alone.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

You just might though. I am going to have less time to play the next couple of days since I have lots of university work to do. I would take anything at this point even joltik which is my least favourite shiny from this cave.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I'm not usually superstitious, but I get a vague feeling that I won't be getting my shiny until after you do, since you started here before me. Either that, or Chargestone Cave hates us with a passion. Good luck to you as well, though! And I'm now up to 10,726 RE's myself, with over 50 hours being added to my file from this hunt alone.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    You just might though. I am going to have less time to play the next couple of days since I have lots of university work to do. I would take anything at this point even joltik which is my least favourite shiny from this cave.
    Well, again, that's just the superstitious part of my mind telling me that. Though I'm viewing Joltik in exactly the same way now. He looks more and more acceptable each time I look at his shiny form, but I still really don't want Drilbur, since I want a shiny that can't be found in basically every other cave. Hence why it's not in my sig, though Boldore is an exception, since its shiny form is that awesome. Regardless, best of luck to you on your hunt and university work!

Well, even with the lacking Sp. Attack IV I went ahead and EV trained/evolved my Staryu. Next I'll work on getting a parent Pokemon for the December community hunt.
    FC: 0216-1922-2231

Quote Originally Posted by Senrab View Post
    Well, even with the lacking Sp. Attack IV I went ahead and EV trained/evolved my Staryu. Next I'll work on getting a parent Pokemon for the December community hunt.
    that's what I'm working on now. (finally finished hatching all 442 charmanders, no shinies >.<) Got Nasty Plot on some Sableyes, just trying to get one with good IVs. Then I'll teach my final Sableye Fake Out and be all set to breed super Smoochums ^_^ Well, once I get a foreign DW Smoochum from the GTS anyways. It's being stingy with the right ability >: (

Oh well I'm glad it's not as much of an issue as I thought...

So tonight I finished with a total of 30 REs...Yeah, I got distracted by finally deciding to try to make a Harry Potter clip I wanted to make, and after that failed, I attempted to make my first HPMV (Harry Potter Music Video). So now I'm working on that.....

I'm a terrible person.

EDIT: Now it's almost 3 in the morning and I'm still working on this video and don't want to stop >.< This is why I never get any hunting done.
    Last edited by Cpchris; 29th November 2012 at 8:44 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

4925 for Kyogre and nothing yet. Been watching chuggaaconroy while doing SRs, so it doesn't seem too long...
    Shinies: :663:
    (Jirachi is the japanese Tanabata event.)

Currently hunting: N/A

Just hit 10,000 encounters and calling it a night. Here's hoping for some luck tomorrow

After I finish the community hunt in December, I might try and Masuda for a Lapras. But that's a freaking 10,000 steps per egg.

What would be easier? Masuda with 1,028 chance for shiny, or softreset with 8,192 chance for a shiny?

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Congrats RedJirachi, Helio, Master, Zenn, Scrufox86, Chachi, PokemonAdventures149, dan, andyhaj, Snivasel, General_Ridley, ZombifiedHorror1031, lavaburst, Markasdarkas, Bunches, Bluemiracle and Senrab on all your newest shinies! That's quite a lot in only a few days O.O.

I'm now on 4335 SRs for Groudon. Grr, the 3DS' short battery life stops me doing lots of SRs in one go >.<. I've only got two more days to get him as far as the community hunt goes, but if he doesn't shine then I'll keep going~

Yay, I'm glad the the December hunt's Let it Snow! I'll be pausing my MM hunt for Snivy on White and SR for Kyurem, hopefully I can get him by Christmas! I really love Kyurem, especially in its shiny colours <3. Wouldn't it be amazing if everyone managed to get a December shiny? We could make some sort of calendar for it then, maybe a banner or card with a member and the shiny they found for each number ^_^.

@Dylz: Hmm, well I'd use MM, though I prefer that in general to SRing XD. 10,000 steps is pretty high, but you could use a Pokemon with Flame Body to reduce them by about half so it won't take anywhere near as long as that.

Good luck everyone on your hunts! ^_^
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

Good luck dylz and everyone else for that matter hehe

I'm so excited for Xmas now

I'm thinking of maybe abusing my Pokeradar some more. I want to try for a shiny Duskull..

Congrats on all the recent shinies everyone! Good luck on those hunting for Kyogre or Groudon (ohhh... the memories. LoL) I think what I am going to do for the community hunt is: A secret MM, then once I get that I will dual SR for Kyurem, and then if I get that and it is still December I will do another secret MM.

Can't wait! It is almost December and today is my last day of HELLoooo week at college! I still have class tomorrow, but nothing in there but listening to presentations. Finals are next week as well, so I will only be able to work on my December MM when I find the time until I graduate on my birthday (next Thursday! Woop Whoop!)

Happy hunting everyone and may December bring lots of joy and shinies!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

I've decided my first hunts will be riolu RE and when I kick the E4's arse, a zorua

I have ALOT of patience, so im hoping there good choices!

Watched this bid of a kid getting a shiny riolu after about 10 minutes of playing the game haha,

Lucky sod, if I ever get two of the same Shinys, you can expect them up for trade on here

Also: is it fairly easy to get say... A zorua from Japan on the GTS, ??

Quote Originally Posted by syrrume View Post
    I have ALOT of patience, so im hoping there good choices!

Watched this bid of a kid getting a shiny riolu after about 10 minutes of playing the game haha,

Lucky sod, if I ever get two of the same Shinys, you can expect them up for trade on here

Also: is it fairly easy to get say... A zorua from Japan on the GTS, ??
    next time, edit your post instead of double-posting. Also, if you get spare shinies, make sure to go to the trade forum to trade them. There's a shiny trade thread in there =)
    I find it pretty easy to get Japanese or Korean pokemon off the GTS. Of the 5 Smoochums I requested this week, 4 were Japanese. I just wish they would send me the ability I want >.<

I really wish I had a Japanese cart sometimes. How many people here are fortunate enough to be playing Japanese games?

Page 34 of 946 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast