Page 345 of 829 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 20720

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Trying to hunt for a shiny male absol. Just caught a female.. I really want a male, always use male pokémon. Trying to get it before the Pokébank goes online. Gonna keep ya guys posted on my route 13 shinies. This shiny female absol was kinda stuborn. I used 30 luxury balls and it slaughtered 4 level 100 pokémon.. Ohwell. It's a tough one but not gonna give up for the male shiny absol.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Omg, finally ! After a week of hunting (because of school and etc..) and 1100 RE in Chargeston cave... A Shiny Joltik appeared !

I did half of my hunting without anything to promote the fact of discovering electric pokemon, but as the time passed, I decided to bring a Static Ampharos and because of that, I got the shiny I wanted ! (Shiny tynamo wouldn't had been bad either!) Quiet nature, which is good and bad, but I don't think I will evolve it nor EV train it because Shiny Galvantula does not change a lot from it's normal form and I adooooore Joltik. Good for the power of moves, but too bad for speed, eh. Caught in a Luxury Ball because it is was it deserves, Unnerve (oh, I wanted Compoundeyes... too bad) Good IVs: 30 / 10 - 13 / 8, 9, 10 / 26, 27, 28 / 22, 23, 24 / 24 - 27, well that's what I think !

I didn't post here to share my shiny experience since a long time, I didn't mention that I caught a Shiny ralts, female with Adamant nature (my luck!.....) I chained it, and it took an hour after being at chain 40 before the first shiny patch appear... then, I was so tired that I think I forget to put on a repel, wow. But it doesn't really matter, I'll maybe chain it again another time ! (ohh, Mega Shiny Gardevoir will look awesooooome)

And finally, I just got 3 Shiny Giratina and I SR to get a good nature. I ended up with an Adamant nature which could be good for an Uber physical attacker. I didn't see his IV's and that's what I'll do right now.... *calculating in progress...* ok, it's the altered form and I guess it's... bad? IVs: 12 / 11 / 18 / 17 / 28 / 9

But oh well, I want to say Good luck for the future hunts and for the courageous ones who will BQ X and Y. I never BQ'd a game and I woudn't be able to wait for a Shiny in those games...

Community Hunt Completed ! (And I won't complete it twice, I swear...)
    Last edited by Sealotic; 6th October 2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Community Hunt Complete X2! Chargestone Cave is an extremely lucky place for me I guess, because last night I found a shiny Joltik! This one showed up on Black after 1,620 REs, so it was a fairly quick hunt. Although I had paused my Icirrus City hunt at 4,000 REs, so my game was about due for a shiny anyway.

Spoiler:- Shiny Joltik!:

I might be able to squeeze in one more hunt before X and Y, but I want to get all my school work done so I have more time to play X. Luckily I have school off for the two days prior to X and Y's release, so I will have plenty of time to get things done! I've decided to hunt in Clay Tunnel on Black 2, and to resume my Icirrus City hunt for anything but another Stunfisk.

Congrats on the shinies and good luck everyone!

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunt

I've been hunting a lot more the passed two days (not yet today though!)
    I've gotten 375 SRs for the starters in heartgold and I'm almost at 30 hours for trying to get Drowzee or Abra.
    The day XY are released will be a two month drought.. But I have a feeling I'll get one shiny before then.
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 36

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Latest Shiny:

~360 RES

Congrats to everyone with recent shinies!

Well, I decided to get in on the Community Hunt and SR for a shiny starter in my SoulSilver. I figured I could comfortably get 300SRs in while also hatching eggs for my MM Chimchar hunt and dex completion in White2. Suprisingly at 274 SRs I ran into a shiny Chikorita!

I nicknamed him Aurelius, and he has a Quirky nature and often scatters things. So, it appears I've completed my first CH!
    Not sure if I'll try my hand at another SR for a Totodile or Cyndaquil later this week, it all depends on how much time I intend to spend procrastinating.

I guess my post count got reset to zero (perhaps due to a few years of inactivity?) so I can't post the link to the pic, but when I get my post count up again I'll edit the link in.

Have also been faffing about hatching Chimchar eggs in Chargestone Cave while I try to get the dex entry for Nosepass, so I may just stay there during this week to try to get something to shine.

Best of luck everyone in this last week before Saturday's XY release!
        Spoiler:- Signature:

Well, just started up my hunt for Shiny Flare Boost Drifloon again, sitting somewhere around 2000 Eggs, and obviously no Shiny yet.

Also decided that after this I'm going to try and get a Shiny Manaphy, for trophy case.

Congrats to Kyle Clarthy on Oshawott (and similarly, thanks for your support as well ), ArdhiS on Joltik, Shadowkrow on Joltik, pokemaster13 on Nosepass (too bad it was female), gustavo 14, Birds of Paradise on Magnemite, Laurelai on Eevee, kirkeastment on Weezing, PaddysTurtwigFanClub on Absol, Hells Envoy on Kyurem, Dylz on Absol, Sealotic on Joltik, pokemaster13 on Joltik, and prd797 on Chikorita!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Just a question, where are you guys getting your shiny cards? I want one for my sig that looks nice and I have no photoshop skills.
    I made my own, as did some others. A few people use templates, and a few others had someone make theirs. The latter I just didn’t want to bother with because then I’d have to keep asking the person every time I get a shiny, and I wasn’t fond of the template style, so I just made my own. And I just used paint for mine. Except the background, which I made messing around in photoshop, but 90% of it is covered up anyways, so that doesn’t really matter much.

-----------------

Last night I did 200 REs on all games. Got to Azalea Town where the second gym is, beat Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well, and caught the Farfetch’ds in Ilex Forest, so I’ve done as much as I can as far as traveling/story goes until I catch my next shiny.

Tonight, I did 500 REs on Platinum and Black 2, and 300 REs on HeartGold. 35,600 REs on Platinum, 12,800 on Black 2, and 900 on HeartGold.

Finished training Bayleef enough to evolve her into Meganium, and then I started training Cyndaquil and Totodile. I evolved both of them, but stopped training Quilava at Lv. 20 due to having only one gym badge, and I just have to bump Croconaw up 2 more levels before I have to stop training him.

And now that I have Meganium, I can finally change this:

I’d like to hope I can change it again sometime this week, but I really doubt it.

Good luck, everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Aron, Axew, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 6,600 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 15,800 REs (+4,074 REs = 1 Phase)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#11) (Dragon's Den) - Magikarp: 1,700 REs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

I got a shiny Medicham
    I officially claim Feraligatr

Congrats to all the recent shinies, everyone seems to be playing more in preparation for XY (5 days to go, woop!)

My rattata hunt is going quite slow with only 65 eggs hatched but I have 300 boxed which Im hoping to get hatched tonight. But.... after 1086 REs inside pinwheel forest a shiny Cottonee appeared! Its male, which annoys me a little bit but its the one I wanted most out of this route, I love the orange colour. Going to carry on here for a while as I would like a Swadloon and a Whirlipede too, so onwards and upwards!

What is really awkward is that usually by the time we get the new game, the Japanese release has already cracked everything we need to know, but in XY we wont know the shiny odds, whats locked out and whether MM is still available right away so I don't know if I will shiny hunt straight after completing the game or not.... does anyone feel the same?

Anyways, good luck to all hunters, Im hoping for at least one more shiny before the new game is released!

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Hey again, guys!

Thank you, Paddy and Cp!

And congrats to these guys:
    kirkeastment
    PaddysTurtwigFanClub
    Hells Envoy
    Dylz
    Sealotic
    pokemaster13
    dave0100

Take a look at this!

Last night I decided it was about time I get a Smeargle or two to help with shiny hunting. So, I grabbed a Smeargle from my Black 2 Shiny Charm game and decided I'd better breed for a couple in case I transfer one to XY and not have any one left on B2. I decided to collect 2 boxes worth in order to try and get a decent nature like Jolly with the ability Technician.

Anyway, I hatched backwards in the beginning, and then when I finished one box, I was hatching forwards through the eggs in the first box. She hatched on the very last egg! So, the 30th egg out of 60 total, if you followed that odd sentence. It was a little shocking and I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes. I probably looked like a maniac! I've just finished EV training her in speed and taught her Spore, Super Fang and Foresight, though I don't really know if I should keep Foresight or not. It's not something you're going to use every day, after all. Any suggestions?

Good luck, everyone!

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Congrats Kyle on the Shiny Smeargle.

As for suggestions... Ingrain will prevent you from those pesky moves that might make you run or get taken out of a wild battle, like roar, whirlwind or dragon tail.

'sup guys! Congrats to everyone who got shinys since I last came onto these forums (like what, half a year ago? XD)

I haven't been back here for aaaages. Spent 3 months MMing a shiny roggenrola (that was back in April) and I got nothing so I quit the game altogether out of boredom, and it was only when a friend reminded me of those shiny sinnoh legendary dragon giveaways that I decided to play pokemon again. And guess what? After a week of MM breeding, I got a shiny roggenrola!

Moving on to either fishing for a shiny horsea (I hope I don't get finneon >.<), or MMing a shiny feebas.

Pretty excited for Y too, I wonder if Yveltal/Xerneas will be shiny locked? Because I'd totally SR for them
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

No luck on my end, 600+ for Tynamo.

Otherwise, I can't wait any longer, five days until the release.

And I updated my card too so... I'm hoping to get good at it by the time I get my first Kalos shiny.

Good luck everyone!

A mere 600 encounters from reaching the RE odds again, and still well over the odds with MM. Hatching the last 5 eggs of this batch today, but I doubt there will be a shiny charmander hidden in them.
    I was really hoping for a short hunt, since the last one was over the odds for both MM and RE, but looks like I must resign myself to the same fate as last time.
    Hopefully this time I'll get a shiny I actually want, instead of another duplicate I don't need.
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

Well! Apparently the shiny Eevee did not jinx my Bagon hunt after all! 567 eggs and http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps2fdea8ba.jpg

IVs are less than desired (by a good bit lol) BUT I got my shiny Salamence
    8, 4, 2, 28, 0, 31
    My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

Just found a shiny female Bidoof at Chain 0 on Route 201. Why did this appear when I should have gone and spoken to Oak about the birds? Anyway, Impish nature. Won't take pics of it yet, but I will...
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #3 - Route 36

700 REs/1,361 HBs (2,061 total) Complete!

SS BQ
    1. (1,759 SRs/5,276 starters seen) 2. (8,214 REs) 3. (2,061 REs)

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Quote Originally Posted by elorasheppard View Post
    Congrats to all the recent shinies, everyone seems to be playing more in preparation for XY (5 days to go, woop!)

My rattata hunt is going quite slow with only 65 eggs hatched but I have 300 boxed which Im hoping to get hatched tonight. But.... after 1086 REs inside pinwheel forest a shiny Cottonee appeared! Its male, which annoys me a little bit but its the one I wanted most out of this route, I love the orange colour. Going to carry on here for a while as I would like a Swadloon and a Whirlipede too, so onwards and upwards!

What is really awkward is that usually by the time we get the new game, the Japanese release has already cracked everything we need to know, but in XY we wont know the shiny odds, whats locked out and whether MM is still available right away so I don't know if I will shiny hunt straight after completing the game or not.... does anyone feel the same?

Anyways, good luck to all hunters, Im hoping for at least one more shiny before the new game is released!

I will definitely breed for shinies after speeding through the main game. Not sure about other methods, but everything reported about X/Y so far is "easy mode", so I can't imagine shiny breeding will be less convenient than in Gen V. I believe the daycare is available very early- not sure about dittos though. I hope the idiots don't screw up the GTS from the get-go!

I look at the simultaneous release as an opportunity. We have a chance to get the very first shiny of each new poke ever! The reported number of new pokemon is low, but there are still enough to go around. It will be interesting to see what wins out... dumb luck or obsessive hunting.

There are stores within 10 miles of me that are having a midnight launch, but I'm leaning toward just sleeping in... I don't play games well if I start them late at night and I'd rather just wake up early, putter around for a while, and pick up my game.

edit: yeesh. Seems like every major retailer in Europe is shipping it out early. The wait feels even longer now.
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 7th October 2013 at 4:58 PM.

It has been a month since my last random encounter shiny; almost 11,000 encounters with the charm. I just hatched my 5,000th egg (all MM, most with the charm) on my white 2 game with only two shinies to show for it (Seviper and Phione). I will keep hunting even if feeling a bit demoralized currently.

Good luck everyone and congrats on your recent shinies!
    Pre- Y Shinies:

SR -

MM -

RE -

Gift/Event -

Trade -

Hey guys, congratz on all the recent shinies!

No shiny news to report, but I've reached 3802 REs for P2 Lab. However, I've decided to put that on hold for the moment to hunt drifloon, spiritomb, and rotom since Halloween is approaching. I'm starting with drifloon, and am currently at 300 SRs for it.

As for X and Y, I've pre-ordered both, and have 2 3DSes so I can dual hunt in them. I'm going to play through both games at least once before hunting on them, but I may do 3 playthroughs so that I can use each starter once. I may not do any X and Y hunts for a little while though, since I'm doing the Sinnoh ghosts and then finishing up P2. After those are finished however, I might hunt on X and Y a lot unless they do something to shinies that demotivates me to hunt in them.

Good luck on your hunts everyone!
    Current Hunt(s)

P2 Laboratory, targets: 4600 REs 2000 SRs

My Shinies

Most recent shiny: Found on 9/30/2013

Yeeeehaw! I'm back in the saddle again- hatched a shiny Aerodactyl after only a couple of days. I was worried the Staraptor parent I used was a dud, since its name is technically in English, though the different font indicates it came from a Japanese cartridge. I restarted my game so I can choose its hatch location... I guess I will either choose a cave or a tower to hatch it on, not sure which. Pics will come later.

edit: here it is. A rare female, with max Attack and Speed IVs- just what I wanted. My camera's been struggling to focus lately; I shudder to think of what'll happen if I need to take a picture of a Gen VI shiny.

http://i.imgur.com/dKUG4xp.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/gLr4JP0.jpg

After that, it's a mix of hatching Gastlys and trying to SR for Giratina. Since I can't get the game early, I'll just have to occupy myself as best as possible until the day comes.

Is anyone holding off on hatching a particular shiny until X/Y are out? I've heard some rumors about minor changes that might make a difference, such as more space for pokemon names, and a purchasable battle facility item that can swap Abilities (at least the non-DW ones).
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 7th October 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Yeah, I started to hunt again. I decided to finally try out a Badge Quest on my new Sapphire file. However, instead of SRing for a starter (as that Pooochyena would probably be the only one shiny), I decided to continue with my current file and RE for a shiny Whismur. I'm at about 50 encounters so far.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

For a couple of weeks now, I've got back to my Latios hunt on Black 2. Nothing so far... I must be approaching the odds, at least. Want to get it before Saturday, for obvious reasons. Don't know if I will...

I plan to SR for the Kanto starters in X, though. I'm curious if they can be shiny, and if they work like most starters or the Johto starters (considering you see their 3D models). I'm nervous I'll end up like Helio and her Reshiram. If they can be SRed, but in the normal starter way, I'm going for Bulbasaur.

Good luck and congrats to everyone here!

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Well I'm still working on getting my shiny Vulpix via Masuda Method/Shiny Charm. So far, over 340 eggs and still no luck.
    I had better luck two weeks ago, when I obtained my first shiny pokemon using the same method. After 138 eggs, I got my shiny shinx. :3
    I'm hoping luck would be on my side for the Vulpix's ability and have Drought so I could use it in battle.

Pokemon Y FC: 1220-6681-3236
    My Safari Pokemon: Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Oddish

Hey everyone congratz on all of the recent finds, especially Kyle Clarthy on that amazing looking smeargle.
    I have recently started hunting again and just yesterday got my first shiny ever off RE
    An amazing looking poliwag.
    I don't have pictures but he is now a politoad chillin on my white 2 cartridge.
    Good luck on all of your hunts and...
    *May the shine be with you*
    FC: 5129-0703-6916
    I'm always keen for battles, PM if you want
        Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

Credit: Varanus for the Shiny Card. Dragonitor for the Userbar. Brutakablaziken for the mudkip userbar
    Thanks so much!
    May the shine be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Just found a shiny female Bidoof at Chain 0 on Route 201. Why did this appear when I should have gone and spoken to Oak about the birds? Anyway, Impish nature. Won't take pics of it yet, but I will...
    The legendary birds are Method 1 Pokémon while wild Pokémon (the Bidoof you found) are generated with Method J, so even if you went and talked to Professor Oak instead, the bird wouldn't have been shiny.
    And Wandering NPCs would have advanced the frame while you would be getting to Prof. Oak anyway.

Page 345 of 829 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast