Page 35 of 889 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Your birthday is next Thursday, Kitty? Mine too! That makes me exactly one year older than you! Happy birthday for next week!

Only 300 encounters so far today (1,300 total)... not sure how many more I can do today, as I'm out later...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,000 SRs

Dylz, it depends on what method you like more. I'd go with SRing, because MMing is a right pain for me >.<

1,500 REs for Route 203. I want to continue Lugia, but my Platinum BQ and my W2 BQ will occupy me for months.

Shiny Lord and Gustavo14, I hope you get your shinies soon. And on the same day too, to keep us all mega happy!

Kitty and Master, good luck and early birthday wishes too!

And the rest of you...I hope you all get all your pretty shinies very soon, and hope that Spheal everywhere begin to shine!
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 29th November 2012 at 4:32 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Hey everyone just wanted to say congrats to those with ur new shinies! Ill also give an update I'm currently at 3500 re in chargestone with shiny charm. I think this cave hates us all! I'm really hoping for either tynamo or ferroseed to shine!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    After I finish the community hunt in December, I might try and Masuda for a Lapras. But that's a freaking 10,000 steps per egg.

What would be easier? Masuda with 1,028 chance for shiny, or softreset with 8,192 chance for a shiny?
    I'd personally MM it! That's just my personal preference though--I hate SRing.
    Current Shiny Hunt(s):
    Snorunt (MM/Female/Timid/Moody/Spikes)
    Newest Shiny:
    Sneasel - Female - Naughty - RE @ Friend Safari
    3DS FC:
    2036-7624-8150
    Fighting Safari, Mienfoo - Pancham - Breloom
    Game List:
    Crystal
    Ruby (lost) - Emerald
    FireRed - LeafGreen (lost)
    Diamond
    SoulSilver
    White - Black 2
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    next time, edit your post instead of double-posting. Also, if you get spare shinies, make sure to go to the trade forum to trade them. There's a shiny trade thread in there =)
    I find it pretty easy to get Japanese or Korean pokemon off the GTS. Of the 5 Smoochums I requested this week, 4 were Japanese. I just wish they would send me the ability I want >.<

I really wish I had a Japanese cart sometimes. How many people here are fortunate enough to be playing Japanese games?
    I have the Japanese versions of Heart Gold and Black. Are you trying to get a Japanese Smoochum with its dream world ability? I could breed one for you if you'd like.

I'm now up to 14,800 for my 6th badge quest shiny in Heart Gold, and 4460 encounters for my 4th badge quest shiny in White 2.

Good luck everybody.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Hey guys, no shroomish yet. Sorry for the inactivity on my behalf. Little over 1100 eggs for the shroom, come saturday i will be a two month drought, but shroomish is still refusing to shine. Congrats on all the recent shines especially that plethora of shinies from chachi, gl all. Still torn about what to do for the december hunt. Ideas appreciated! Gl
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Your birthday is next Thursday, Kitty? Mine too! That makes me exactly one year older than you! Happy birthday for next week!

Only 300 encounters so far today (1,300 total)... not sure how many more I can do today, as I'm out later...
    This post made me happy. Yep, I am one of many whose birthday is December 6th. Maybe I will get my secret MM shiny on that day.... Who knows? Happy early birthday to you too! And thanks Aqua for the early Happy Birthday. I will be an old 22.

Can't wait until December 1st so I can start my hunt! I may look for a Japanese version of the pokemon I will be hunting for. Happy hunting everyone and good luck!!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    This post made me happy. Yep, I am one of many whose birthday is December 6th. Maybe I will get my secret MM shiny on that day.... Who knows? Happy early birthday to you too! And thanks Aqua for the early Happy Birthday. I will be an old 22.

Can't wait until December 1st so I can start my hunt! I may look for a Japanese version of the pokemon I will be hunting for. Happy hunting everyone and good luck!!
    Hahaha. Good luck Kitty. And happy birthday to the pair of you. I'd start hunting but I don't know what the community hunt is which sounds cool.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Birthday shinies are the best! ;D Good luck for then, Kitty and TheMaster, and happy birthday too! (:

Info about the communtiy hunt is on the first post, gamer_legend, it's where all the shiny hunters come together and hunt for a set target each month As it's December, we're doing a hunt for Ice type pokemon via any method you'd like! Speaking of, I made a little banner thing for the CH -

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10sdets.png[/IMG]
    (Darn! No images in this forum Sucks. Oh well ~_~)
    It's not much, but I think it's cute :3 Featring all the Ice-type pokemon, bar Beartic, Vaniluxa dn Cryogonal (I couldn't find sprites for them ;o which seems like so little! o; I thought there were more! Anyway, good luck to everyone on the CH, and congratulations on the shiny Staryu and Eevee hatched recently! Come on little Bulba, shine before Saturday for me, pleease? ;w; Oh, I finally managed to get the Nursery in my Avenue, so hopefully I can hatch lots more eggs with that now!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/qovamc.png[/IMG]
    December Hunt Target - Spheal MM! 0 eggs [img]http://i46.*******.com/10sdets.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Callie-Rose View Post
    Birthday shinies are the best! ;D Good luck for then, Kitty and TheMaster, and happy birthday too! (:

Info about the communtiy hunt is on the first post, gamer_legend, it's where all the shiny hunters come together and hunt for a set target each month As it's December, we're doing a hunt for Ice type pokemon via any method you'd like! Speaking of, I made a little banner thing for the CH -

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10sdets.png[/IMG]
    (Darn! No images in this forum Sucks. Oh well ~_~)
    It's not much, but I think it's cute :3 Featring all the Ice-type pokemon, bar Beartic, Vaniluxa dn Cryogonal (I couldn't find sprites for them ;o which seems like so little! o; I thought there were more! Anyway, good luck to everyone on the CH, and congratulations on the shiny Staryu and Eevee hatched recently! Come on little Bulba, shine before Saturday for me, pleease? ;w; Oh, I finally managed to get the Nursery in my Avenue, so hopefully I can hatch lots more eggs with that now!
    That is awesome =) thanks Callie. I should totally enter I think I'm gonna see if I can capture this guy.

http://www.greenchu.de/sprites/xd/rare/378.gif

Most appreciated and congrats on the Nursery. I'll start my join avenue once I've completed the story to black (I want full access to the memory link)

Happy birthday to both, master and kitty and good luck on your hunts

im @6666 SRs for oshawott gl everyone else with your hunts
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 29th November 2012 at 9:51 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Day 19 for Mandibuzz and still nothing.. I was hoping that it would shine before this month ends but something tells me it won't. :[ It was also my goal to get 8 shinies this month but it looks like that won't happen either =o But hey, 6 in 1 month is pretty nice! Good luck everyone. :]
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Good luck city and cocoa^ both of you deserve freedom from sring. Well as for me, did it a little more work, only a box but better than nothing. Egg total 1140, I'm gonna try to reach 1300 by the end of the weekend. *Inserts optimism* or alternatively a shine. I'm goona go find a shellder now for my next mm... Gl all
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Day 19 for Mandibuzz and still nothing.. I was hoping that it would shine before this month ends but something tells me it won't. :[ It was also my goal to get 8 shinies this month but it looks like that won't happen either =o But hey, 6 in 1 month is pretty nice! Good luck everyone. :]
    Bless ya City that's unlucky. I remember I tried SRing the one in desert resort before I realised it had the shiny check on i. 6 Shinies in 1 month is an awesome accomplishment.

Actually that reminds me. I have a question. Is there a way to tell apart a legitimate shiny from one hacked using the Action Replay?
    Last edited by gamer_legend; 29th November 2012 at 10:59 PM.

well after reaching 7,500 REs in pinwheel forest (i always get long hunts -.- lol) i have decided to put it on hold and continue working on the shiny charm, just want to ask has anybody with it noticed much of a difference?
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by mad_toast_boy View Post
    well after reaching 7,500 REs in pinwheel forest (i always get long hunts -.- lol) i have decided to put it on hold and continue working on the shiny charm, just want to ask has anybody with it noticed much of a difference?
    Honestly I haven't but to be fair I've haven't really been trying that hard to be honest. It's seems the people who notice the most change are the ones who put the time into it and it does add up.

I think I'll MM Snorunt for the community hunt, but I want to breed Spikes on to a parent one first. Hopefully in the end I'll get a shiny female Snorunt so I can evolve it into Frosslass.

Or maybe I'll just MM Lapras so I don't have to chain breed any moves. Not sure yet.:P
    Last edited by Senrab; 29th November 2012 at 11:14 PM.
    FC: 0216-1922-2231

Quote Originally Posted by Senrab View Post
    I think I'll MM Snorunt for the community hunt, but I want to breed Spikes on to a parent one first. Hopefully in the end I'll get a shiny female Snorunt so I can evolve it into Frosslass.

Or maybe I'll just MM Lapras so I don't have to chain breed any moves. Not sure yet.:P
    Haha. The thing you've got to remember is Froslass has one of the best cries in the game.

I might not do Snorunt thought because I could end up with a male one, which only evolves into Glalie. Not sure if it's worth the risk. And Regigigas actually has the best cry. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Senrab View Post
    I might not do Snorunt thought because I could end up with a male one, which only evolves into Glalie. Not sure if it's worth the risk. And Regigigas actually has the best cry. XD
    Yeah I actually withdraw my last comment about Froslass's cry I just heard it and didn't realise my volume was at max. It's absolutely terrifying. I agree with Regigigas though plus you've gotta be some kind of pro to have your own theme tune.

Turn your volume to max and listen to Electabuzz's cry. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Shiny Lord and Gustavo14, I hope you get your shinies soon. And on the same day too, to keep us all mega happy!
    Thanks, though it looks like we'll have to somehow synchronize our luck for that one. I personally would love to get it before the month ends so I don't fall behind in December and my BQ that I want to start. And 11287 RE's and counting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    Hey everyone just wanted to say congrats to those with ur new shinies! Ill also give an update I'm currently at 3500 re in chargestone with shiny charm. I think this cave hates us all! I'm really hoping for either tynamo or ferroseed to shine!
    Not you too! This cave really does hate us then. I personally think that the Ace Trainers running around in the cave are doing the same as us, so maybe we aren't alone.

Happy early birthday to you two, Kitty and Master, and good luck on your hunts everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

14,500 RE! Still nothing! Come on game prove me wrong that this hunt won't exceed my last cause that is the way I feel right now! I've been hunting in this cave for a shiny since November 11.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Sparkle, goes the purrloin randomly! Yupp, purrloin just randomly shined, but what? It looks the excact same? An encounter with N's pokemon due to memory link...
    No chrmander, no random encounter...

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

just got a shiny chikorita SR idk how many i dont count them but booyah!

Page 35 of 889 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast