Page 40 of 945 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 23622

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    I guess no one cares about the "don't talk about the shiny's value in this thread..." that Dangertrout specifically mentioned in the first post AND in a post a few pages back. It's not the place here.

As for those who just got shinies in the past few pages, congrats! Especially on the Charmander (you have been hunting that thing forever now!), Regirock (great shiny!) and the random Makuhita (don't know how to spell, but random shinies FTW!).

As for me, let the icyness of the December hunt begin! Daycare man, give me them eggs!
    Is this thread a discussion thread about shinies or just a place for people to show off and be fawned over for catching a bunch of pixels? I was replying to what others were saying, trying to have a discussion. Better than people posting up a post with a few words in it like "Congrats. I did 5 REs today." Might as well call this thread " Your recently found shines" if we can't have a conversation about something related to shinies or shiny hunting.
    Last edited by Jessara; 1st December 2012 at 2:23 PM.
    Newest Shiny!

Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

^ I actually agree with that...

Not sure what to hunt for the community hunt. I'm torn between RE'ing and hoping I find an ice shiny or just MM'ing and guaranteeing hitting the target. I'll start hunting after lunch so in that time I will have decided.

So my target for the community hunt will be: Spheal. Got a Jap Walrein from GTS with flawless Sp.Attack, so for now I'm just trying to get another parent with a good nature. Only then will the MM start

Good luck everyone
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Quote Originally Posted by Jessara View Post
    Is this thread a discussion thread about shinies or just a place for people to show off and be fawned over for catching a bunch of pixels? I was replying to what others were saying, trying to have a discussion. Better than people posting up a post with a few words in it like "Congrats. I did 5 REs today." Might as well call this thread " Your recently found shines" if we can't have a conversation about something related to shinies or shiny hunting.
    I agree with you as well, that it should be all forms of discussion for shiny relatedness. Don't get me wrong, but Dangertrout made it a rule in the first post not to discuss the "value" of a certain shiny or shiny method because it can cause a huge debate war and could cause a huge argue war over this topic. That is why Dangertrout decided to keep this topic off of this thread. But this is for all other shiny related discussion, not just "I did 5 RE today". It happened in the other thread and it was nothing but a bunch of arguing for a few pages iirc.

And just so you know, I wasn't trying to personally attack you or anything, I was just trying to make the rules known before this topic blew up and got out of hand like it did before. Sorry if you think I was personally attacking you or anything because that was not my intention. <3
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Thanks!
    Congrats on finally getting that Charmander, and on the last day of the month, too!
    Sobb, ur the only one that congratulated me on FINISHING THE COMMUNITY HUNT on theLAST DAY POSSIBLE!!!

sigh...

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

^Major congrats chapter of charizard, getting it on the LAST DAY POSSIBLE, congrats on aqua on makuhita and snisavel on regirock, and the others! Happy 1st December all. Bad news 1200 eggs hatched for shroomish, good news may start my shellder on white 2 soon also. Need motivation, gl!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

LOL thanks! Happy december everyone!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: 4 this community hunt, can I search for eevee and evolv it into glaceon? eh, I'll just MM a lapras... wait where will i get a foreign lapras from... WHERE WILL I GET A REGULAR LAPRAS FROM??? ugggggggg... ill just use a cubchoo...
    Last edited by Chapter; 1st December 2012 at 3:02 PM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

I've decided to do the community hunt. I'm hoping for a shiny sneasel to appear in the Giant Chasm-that will hopefully be my first hunted shiny on my white 2.Good Luck to all hunting!
    Last edited by Bramble; 1st December 2012 at 3:18 PM.
    Got my copy of X!

Got an Adamant Swinub to use as a parent. I'll start MMing now.
    FC: 0216-1922-2231

Quote Originally Posted by Callie-Rose View Post
    I'm glad you like it, Ambri! Sure you can use it!

No luck for me this month, not a single shiny since October >_> 900 Bulbas, about 4k Guratina resets, not much, but ehh. Hopefully some more luck in Devember! GL to everyone next month ~
    Thanks, I've credited you under the spoiler tag .

Congrats on Chubchoo, TomoEGoto! Just a few hours before the community hunt started too XD but it's great it shone so quickly! Congrats on all the other new shinies as well, looks like Charmander shone just in time, haha.

Well, I've started SRing for Kyurem now :3. Only done 20 SRs so far. I've got tons of balls ready and I'm mostly confident I can capture him alright after a few practices. If worse comes to worse though I have a Master Ball ready and waiting~ I'll do some more SRs for Groudon or Tepig later, but this is gonna be my main hunt for now! Aah, I'm really excited now, half for this hunt and half because it's almost Christmas XD.

Happy December everyone, and good luck all! ^_^
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

For goodness sake that stupid little crap called my DSI refuses to upload to Facebook!

Gonna have to wait for photos guys, real sorry.

Right, I'll do SRs for Lugia now to shut me up.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Ok, I don't really like doing these lecture style posts, because I'm not a tyrant, and I DO like to promote discussion, but being the thread owner I suppose I should address this issue.

This is not a place to DEBATE the VALUE of shinies in any way, shape or form.
    This is supposed to be a place to discuss, hang out, have fun and encourage each other. I put the rule in because I don't want to see another flame war over why someone thinks certain shinies are worthless when others happen to love them. If everyone on the internet was mature enough to accept other people's views and not flame them for having opinions that are different, I would do things differently. Unfortunately, the internet is filled with people of all kinds, including ones who are not nice and will do exactly everything I wish to avoid here. That's why I made the rule. To avoid arguments over personal preference.
    So: *No discussion on the VALUE of shiny pokemon or methods that reduce the odds of obtaining a shiny.
    You want to discuss value? Go to the 5th gen shiny thread, there's no problem discussing it there.

On the topic of the more spammy posts, I would prefer to see less of those. Having a page of "I still don't have a shiny" is kind of lame. But I leave those because I understand that when you get to a really long hunt you get frustrated and want some encouragement so you don't give up.

/End lecture.

Congrats to any shinies that appeared overnight, and good luck to everyone in their hunts =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    So: *No discussion on the VALUE of shiny pokemon or methods that reduce the odds of obtaining a shiny.
    Does this mean I can report successful RNG abuse here? I have been asked not to do so, because some people "don't like it".

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scot_82 View Post
    Does this mean I can report successful RNG abuse here? I have been asked not to do so, because some people "don't like it".
    That's right, you can show off your RNG abused shinies if you wish.
    I would recommend the "Discuss my Pokemon" thread in the 5th gen forum over this thread for you though. I believe there are more RNG abusers there who would have a greater appreciation for your work.
    People who don't RNG abuse would look at them and say "that's nice", not really understanding the level of work you have to put into your flawless shinies.
    Again, up to you. Either one is fine, but I think that other thread is better when it comes to RNG abused shinies.

I'm currently on 3.6k Random encounters, no success yet.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    LOL thanks! Happy december everyone!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: 4 this community hunt, can I search for eevee and evolv it into glaceon? eh, I'll just MM a lapras... wait where will i get a foreign lapras from... WHERE WILL I GET A REGULAR LAPRAS FROM??? ugggggggg... ill just use a cubchoo...
    This was discussed a week or so ago, but I think since it wasn't specified, Dangertrout has allowed non-ice types that evolve into ice types to count this time, as long as you state in your post that completed the community hunt.

13088 RE's now in Chargestone Cave, and I'd rather that I don't surpass Shiny Lord's count, though I'm coming close. I'm going to go ahead and SR for Articuno while looking in Chargestone Cave. Since the December hunt starts, hopefully we'll see a lot of success again. Whether or not you're all hunting for an Ice type, good luck!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    This was discussed a week or so ago, but I think since it wasn't specified, Dangertrout has allowed non-ice types that evolve into ice types to count this time, as long as you state in your post that completed the community hunt.
    That's right, provided you evolve your pokemon into the Ice type. If you don't want to evolve it, then please choose a different target that is already Ice type for the CH.
    (I've clarified the OP a little)

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Had a similar situation playing Ruby last night. Just so you know you can fix the error caused by the dry battery by transferring between R/S to FR/LG/XD/Colloseum/Channel Jirachi although to do it with FR/LG I'm almost certain there is a short cut combination.
    Pretty sure that only works for the berry glitch. My Ruby long ago got the berry glitch fixed and its battery went dry recently. I still have half a box of bagon eggs sitting on it that I need to hatch when I have the time.

My shiny luck really got drained, I already got 3,7k random encounters. I had 4 shiny's in under at 3,009 encounters. Tonight I'm going to pass my longest hunt. (I hope not.) So I'll do a extra 600 random encounters. wish me luck, Dylz out!

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Just an update up to 1700 SRs on my johto starter hunt.

Congrats on recent shinies! There's been quite a few. Also good luck to everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Does the community hunt officially start today?

Working on my MM target now.

congrats on that charmander chapter of charizard, i've seen you working hard at that
    and ive finally got the shiny charm so im going to carry on my pinwheel hunt, already got 7,500 REs without the charm
    when i get the shiny from here i am going to start the CH
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Well I've been dual hunting like crazy and still nothing! I'm almost at 19,000 encounters in dreamyard... 19,000!! Making this my longest hunt in double grass. Day 21 for Mandibuzz and it still refuses to shine, I think this may be the unluckiest I've ever been but something must shine eventually! Must.. stay.. motivated. If I ever finish this hunt in the Dreamyard I'll start the Community Hunt by MM'ing a Ice type... I'm just not sure which at the moment but gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

After 8048 SR, my shiny Kyogre finally showed up I just caught it in a Net Ball barely so I need to work so I can get pictures up.
    Edit: There's the main pic. Don't know what I think about it's nature.

480558_4615070508890_96772598_n.jpg
    Last edited by Luneth777; 1st December 2012 at 9:12 PM.
    Shinies: :663:
    (Jirachi is the japanese Tanabata event.)

Currently hunting: N/A

Congrats luneth!! Well done mate

That's nearly bang on the guide amount ain't it? Roughly 1 in 8000 something haha!

I updated my pic and profile! 24 days to go and coincidently 26 days till my b'day!

Page 40 of 945 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast