Page 41 of 945 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 23615

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post

Sobb, ur the only one that congratulated me on FINISHING THE COMMUNITY HUNT on theLAST DAY POSSIBLE!!!

sigh...
    I'm sorry, Chapter of Charizard ... I missed your original message, but congratulations on scoring that shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Well, I don't think I can nickname it yet...I need to find the name rater first. I don't think I will anyway, but If you have ideas, I would love to know.
    Oh, no worries. I did look and see what I could come up with, though.

Chunk
    Hitts
    Pummel
    Kendo
    Bogu
    Kendo Bogu
    Slammer
    Crusher
    Jukendo
    Sumo
    Hulk
    Hulky
    Bulk
    Brawly
    Shikona
    Ruff
    Nomi
    Sukune

It's a start, anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by Luneth777 View Post
    After 8048 SR, my shiny Kyogre finally showed up I just caught it in a Net Ball barely so I need to work so I can get pictures up.
    Edit: There's the main pic. Don't know what I think about it's nature.

Attachment 7021
    Congratulations, Luneth! Seems like Kyogre is pretty popular in pink/purple.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

I hatched a shiny Pachirisu egg yesterday, it's so cute *dies*

Now to try and get a Ponyta!
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

@1290 eggs and calling it a night. Will hit odds tomorrow depending on productivity. Anyway major congrats luneth on your kyogre and on the pactirisu^. Still doing shellder for shellder trades till i getba NON english one =C Gl!!!!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Congrats! Something kinda

Been doing the dream world trial on global link .com, been racking up some serious pokes and items

first of all congrats and on the kyogre and pachirisu, both are awesome shinies

anyway i just thought i'd update you all on my hunt and then share the joys of maths aha
    so i got the 7,500 REs before getting the shiny charm and then just done another 750 with it (that equates to a total of 9750 shiny charmless encounters, so im over the odds already)
    and as for the maths i noticed somebody was asking about calculating the chance of them seeing a shiny yet or something like that, if any of you want to work out the chances for your individual hunts here's how (this gives you the decimal chance that no shiny has been found):

(probability of normal pokemon)^(number of REs)

example:
    hunting with no shiny charm in regular grass after 10,000 REs
    8191/8192^10,000 = 0.2950007
    this can obviously be converted to a percentage of 29.50007% chance of not seeing a shiny in these circumstances

example 2:
    breeding with the masuda method after 758 eggs on white 2
    1364.3/1,365.3^758 = 0.5738468 = 57.38468% chance of not hatching a shiny yet

as you can see this can be applied to any situation you're hunting in
    if you have any questions just ask
    Last edited by mad_toast_boy; 2nd December 2012 at 1:10 AM.
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Up to 2,000 REs in Relic Castle... Nothing yet. Two days off now (Sunday and Monday), so I can get in 2,000+ in those two days.
    Interesting fact: All three of my Badge Quest shinies so far have been found on a day off work...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

2,400 Run Aways

Found a shiny Grimer in the Fiery Path while looking for a Koffing, so that's the second random shiny found on this Sapphire file.

Cool cool cool!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Found a shiny Grimer in the Fiery Path while looking for a Koffing, so that's the second random shiny found on this Sapphire file.
    Congratulations! Grimer is one of my hopeful hunts once I get the Shiny Charm, mostly because of EarthBound.

As far as the Community Hunt goes, I got a Japanese Scrafty off the GTS a few hours ago and am going to use it to breed with a domestic Beartic. Will begin boxing eggs once the Scrafty knows Focus Punch. Good luck, everyone.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

I had finally remembered to go through Relic Passage and into Relic Castle to try and catch Volcarona after I killed it the first time. So, I go and it was shiny! So I use false swpie on it and I was about to catch it after it's turn was over but it used whirlwind and the battle ended. It was a sad time.

16,000 RE now in Chargestone Cave! Will this hunt surpass my last is the question now!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Only 772 re's left shinylord

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Cool cool cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by syrrume View Post
    Only 772 re's left shinylord
    I'm happy to see you guys are very supportive, but try to avoid having too many short posts like these. I don't want you guys to get infractions from the mods for too many "spammy" posts (which those sorts of posts fall under if you remember previous threads)
    Maybe add in your own progress, or save up the short messages so you only have one post per page. You could even just edit your post if you can't wait for the page to roll over. =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Oh yes, Kyurem! 1762 SR's, shiny! Nicknames?
    Might post pictures if I can tomorrow.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

What. The. Hell. I just had something happen I simply cannot believe. First off, I got my Shiny Kyurem after a mere 118 SRs, and the 99th today (I had done a couple before going on vacation). That was hard to believe in its own right, and Community Hunt Complete! Then something happened that I just don't know how. Full Health. No Status Condition. First freaking Ultra Ball. For about a minute I just kept shouting "NO WAY. NO FREAKING WAY." I just cannot believe that happened.

Excuse me while I explode from the sheer awesomeness that is my new Shiny Kyurem.

EDIT: Just checked its nature. Its Bold and has a Sturdy Body. I might post pics of it as its three formes at a later time.
    Last edited by Draknir; 2nd December 2012 at 4:23 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknir View Post
    What. The. Hell. I just had something happen I simply cannot believe. First off, I got my Shiny Kyurem after a mere 118 SRs, and the 99th today (I had done a couple before going on vacation). That was hard to believe in its own right, and Community Hunt Complete! Then something happened that I just don't know how. Full Health. No Status Condition. First freaking Ultra Ball. For about a minute I just kept shouting "NO WAY. NO FREAKING WAY." I just cannot believe that happened.

Excuse me while I explode from the sheer awesomeness that is my new Shiny Kyurem.

EDIT: Just checked its nature. Its Bold and has a Sturdy Body. I might post pics of it as its three formes at a later time.
    Lol, we got the same shiny for the community hunt! Congrats, and thanks for reminding me - Community Hunt Complete!

It was Kyurem, I soft resetted it, 1762 SRs.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

I have a question about the MM method of shinies - does one of the parents have to be from another country, or another language?
    So for instance, if I bred an american ditto with an australia rapidash, are my chances of shiny higher than if I bred with two of my own pokemon? Because someone told me the language has to be different and I always thought it just had to be the country of origin...
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

YES! FINALLY! I'm done with my Chargestone Cave hunt, with Joltik appearing at 14646 RE's, mostly with the shiny charm! I was using 3 DS'es, two in Chargestone Cave(Black and Black 2) and one SR'ing for Articuno in SS. In addition, my Quick Ball was a critical capture, so even more lucky, though I didn't need it to happen.

Jolly nature, which sucks, but a "fantastic" Sp. Attack IV and Compoundeyes, so it's good enough for me. I had Joltik listed as my least wanted shiny here, but I'm a lot happier that Joltik showed up than if Nosepass or Drilbur appeared. Kurt, looks like mine shined first again. Good luck as you continue there, and now I wish you the best luck possible on your BQ, Shiny Lord! You really deserve it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Psynergy; 2nd December 2012 at 6:09 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    I have a question about the MM method of shinies - does one of the parents have to be from another country, or another language?
    So for instance, if I bred an american ditto with an australia rapidash, are my chances of shiny higher than if I bred with two of my own pokemon? Because someone told me the language has to be different and I always thought it just had to be the country of origin...
    As far as I know, the language does have to be different.

Anyway, I've hatched about a hundred Swinubs so far. Hopefully I can get a faster hunt this time, I don't want to go over the odds again.
    FC: 0216-1922-2231

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    It has to be a Different language

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    YES! FINALLY! I'm done with my Chargestone Cave hunt, with Joltik appearing at 14646 RE's, mostly with the shiny charm! I had Joltik listed as my least wanted shiny here, but I'm a lot happier that Joltik showed up than if Nosepass or Drilbur appeared.
    Congratulations, gustavo! It always seems to be the way, though ... a shiny appears that isn't the one you're after specifically or you would prefer five other shinies before that particular one, and that particular one is the one to shine. Someone should do a "backwards hunt" ... as in, pretend to list them in the order you most want them, but not really. Maybe reverse logic will make the shiny you really want sparkle ... or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Something~Kinda~Ooooh View Post
    I hatched a shiny Pachirisu egg yesterday, it's so cute *dies*
    Awesome job! It also reminds me that I need to catch a Pachirisu for my dex, so thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Awesome! There's been a couple of completely random shinies lately. Such a great feeling, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by PorcelainPika View Post
    I had finally remembered to go through Relic Passage and into Relic Castle to try and catch Volcarona after I killed it the first time. So, I go and it was shiny! So I use false swpie on it and I was about to catch it after it's turn was over but it used whirlwind and the battle ended. It was a sad time.
    Sorry to hear that, Pika. Was your Pokemon a lower level than the Volcarona? That's really bad luck. Are you going to try to get it back? Maybe MM for a Larvesta?

Quote Originally Posted by Draknir View Post

Wow, Draknir! You've had a bit of luck lately. Nice one! And yeah, it's like you're getting three shinies for the price of one, aren't you?

I'll just keep on plodding away here. Something will happen soon, I'm sure. It's those twin Minccino that cursed me, I reckon!

Oh, by the way. I know this is kind of off topic, but it's to do with completing my dex. I need a Bulbasaur. Unfortunately my wifi is sketchy, and while I can occasionally deposit Pokes on the GTS, actually trading with someone is out. I do have a Fire Red game, but I don't really want to restart it, as I've pretty much gotten everything and have thousands of dollars and timer balls unlocked and so on and so on. However, if I must, I will just have to restart it and grab that pesky Bulbasaur. It's been a bit of an oversight on my part ... not keeping a Bulbasaur (who is the starter I have never ever used from Kanto) or a Spiritomb for that matter. Does anyone have any ideas? Are there trainers in Gen 5 that have a Bulbasaur to register in the dex at all? (Fat chance!) Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 2nd December 2012 at 8:34 AM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Oh, by the way. I know this is kind of off topic, but it's to do with completing my dex. I need a Bulbasaur. Unfortunately my wifi is sketchy, and while I can occasionally deposit Pokes on the GTS, actually trading with someone is out. I do have a Fire Red game, but I don't really want to restart it, as I've pretty much gotten everything and have thousands of dollars and timer balls unlocked and so on and so on. However, if I must, I will just have to restart it and grab that pesky Bulbasaur. It's been a bit of an oversight on my part ... not keeping a Bulbasaur (who is the starter I have never ever used from Kanto) or a Spiritomb for that matter. Does anyone have any ideas? Are there trainers in Gen 5 that have a Bulbasaur to register in the dex at all? (Fat chance!) Thanks in advance.
    I don't think there are any trainers with a Bulbasaur... But I'd be happy to trade you a Bulbasaur/Spiritomb if you got your wi-fi working. I just completed my Black pokedex a few days ago, and got my cool new black trainer card. ^_^

In shiny news: I'm at just over 6000 encounters for my next White 2 badge quest shiny, and 15,400 encounters for my next Heart Gold BQ shiny. Come on, one of you shine soon... u_u

Good luck everyone. Congrats on new shinies.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 2nd December 2012 at 12:16 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Yay! I caught a shiny tiny Tynamo in Chargestone Cave! I'll upload a picture as soon as I find out how this blue tooth stuff works.

(Meanwhile hiding behind a tree just out of sight)

Meowth: If we could bring that Tynamo to the boss you know what he'd say? He'd say "I'd like to thank meowth and friends for bringing me this shiny tiny tynamo. It's bright colours be a shining example to team rocket members everywhere".
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Does Reshiram Still Have A shiny Lock In BW2? I Don't Really Wanna Waste My Time Hunting A Shiny I Can't Get.

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Does Reshiram Still Have A shiny Lock In BW2? I Don't Really Wanna Waste My Time Hunting A Shiny I Can't Get.
    I'm afraid it does buddy.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Page 41 of 945 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast