Page 42 of 877 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 21923

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Meowth: If we could bring that Tynamo to the boss you know what he'd say? He'd say "I'd like to thank meowth and friends for bringing me this shiny tiny tynamo. It's bright colours be a shining example to team rocket members everywhere".
    The real scary thing is that I can imagine him saying all of that...

Anyways, as really chaotic as this thread may already be with the CH, I had an idea.

I have begun a habit of reading the whole 526 pages of the old Shiny Pokemon Club...and wondered if some of us could do something like a shiny tour of a region? I thought I could make it a little different by just hunting different targets in a region for half of 2013 or something. I know that Helio and Zane were around when Shiny Tours were going on in the club (reading through the pages), so you could elaborate on what the exact rules were...

But if it's too much of a hassle, I would love to do my own personal shiny tour of a region.

Meanwhile, hypothetic theoretics aside, I am at 4,408 SRs with nothing to show for. Hmm...this is dragging on...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    The real scary thing is that I can imagine him saying all of that...

Anyways, as really chaotic as this thread may already be with the CH, I had an idea.

I have begun a habit of reading the whole 526 pages of the old Shiny Pokemon Club...and wondered if some of us could do something like a shiny tour of a region? I thought I could make it a little different by just hunting different targets in a region for half of 2013 or something. I know that Helio and Zane were around when Shiny Tours were going on in the club (reading through the pages), so you could elaborate on what the exact rules were...

But if it's too much of a hassle, I would love to do my own personal shiny tour of a region.

Meanwhile, hypothetic theoretics aside, I am at 4,408 SRs with nothing to show for. Hmm...this is dragging on...
    Hahaha. Actually that might not be a bad idea. Certainly would add a little bit more to the magic of shinies.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    I'm afraid it does buddy.
    Then... Hack Time. I Just Saw Someone On Youtube Get A Shiny One By SRing?

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    I don't think there are any trainers with a Bulbasaur... But I'd be happy to trade you a Bulbasaur/Spiritomb if you got your wi-fi working. I just completed my Black pokedex a few days ago, and got my cool new black trainer card. ^_^

In shiny news: I'm at just over 6000 encounters for my next White 2 badge quest shiny, and 15,400 encounters for my next Heart Gold BQ shiny. Come on, one of you shine soon... u_u

Good luck everyone. Congrats on new shinies.
    Thanks, Helio, it's the thought that counts. And good luck with your hunts.

It's strange, does anyone have vast knowledge about wifi and so on? See, I have tried so many different things to get it to work. I have connected my PS3 up no worries ... it's wireless and it works fine. Even my 360 works, too. I know it's kind of different, but yeah. The 3DS seems fine, and I was using the DSi XL to surf the web the other night, just to see if it cut out or anything ... and it didn't! The only issues I have seem to be with Pokemon, the one thing I'd love to be able to use without a hitch above all the other stuff.

I can use Mystery Gift, I can occasionally get Pokemon from the GTS, and also use Global Link, but I can't trade. It cuts out after a certain amount of time, and I get all different sorts of errors. Some even seem contradictory, so I get even more confused. Not sure what I can do anymore.

It's a satellite connection, and it has a firewall on the modem, so I'm wondering if any of those are a factor? Unfortunately satellite is the only option where I live at the moment.

As for the Shiny Tour, I'll try my best to explain. There were a certain amount of legs to the tour, like, say, five, and you were usually allowed to tackle them in any order, but sometimes there were additional rules. Legs were things such as hatching a certain type of shiny, SRing for a specific set of legends, or just fishing. They were all either pretty specific or very broad and I guess that helped make it interesting.

I think it sounds like a good idea, for sure! I remember that whenever it was announced there was a Shiny Tour, I'd always want to join, but I'd always be busy trying to hatch or catch some other hunt, and I'd usually either miss out or not sign up just for fear of not being able to commit to it.

However, it seems that a lot of people are doing the community hunts, so a tour seems like a nice step forward in the right direction to keep people motivated. Maybe we should look for any suggestions from people. Like, say, specific hunts, like hatch a bug type shiny, or fish in ripples on route 2299 or whatever. Maybe we can get some good ideas rolling.

Also, congratulations on that Tynamo, gamer_legend!
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 2nd December 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    As for the Shiny Tour, I'll try my best to explain. There were a certain amount of legs to the tour, like, say, five, and you were usually allowed to tackle them in any order, but sometimes there were additional rules. Legs were things such as hatching a certain type of shiny, SRing for a specific set of legends, or just fishing. They were all either pretty specific or very broad and I guess that helped make it interesting.

I think it sounds like a good idea, for sure! I remember that whenever it was announced there was a Shiny Tour, I'd always want to join, but I'd always be busy trying to hatch or catch some other hunt, and I'd usually either miss out or not sign up just for fear of not being able to commit to it.

However, it seems that a lot of people are doing the community hunts, so a tour seems like a nice step forward in the right direction to keep people motivated. Maybe we should look for any suggestions from people. Like, say, specific hunts, like hatch a bug type shiny, or fish in ripples on route 2299 or whatever. Maybe we can get some good ideas rolling.

Also, congratulations on that Tynamo, gamer_legend!
    I think that works well. I also realised just that this would allow this to be an incarnation of the Shiny Pokemon Club, but there wouldn't be as much spam here. If you think about it, maybe we won't require another installment of the club elsewhere...

Hopefully, I will start uploading the Makuhita pictures today...
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 2nd December 2012 at 12:40 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    I have a question about the MM method of shinies - does one of the parents have to be from another country, or another language?
    So for instance, if I bred an american ditto with an australia rapidash, are my chances of shiny higher than if I bred with two of my own pokemon? Because someone told me the language has to be different and I always thought it just had to be the country of origin...
    Technically, it's the country code of the pokemon that matters. Going with different languages is safer though. Also, you have to keep in mind that country code is based on the release, not the actual country you bought it in.
    Canada + USA are different countries, but they have the same release (North American) of the game. Same goes for UK and Australia, who got the European release.
    As for the Reshiram, it does have a shiny lock. The video you saw probably was of someone who removed the lock with an AR so that they could SR it.

I'm not opposed to the Shiny Tour, but I'm hesitant to make this too much like the old Shiny Hunters Club. There is one mod in particular who was dead set against allowing it to be recreated in the clubs section, and I wouldn't want to make it look like we were trying to get around that by just making it somewhere else. And I wouldn't want this thread shut down because they felt like we were going behind their backs.

I would suggest we continue on the way we are now with the CHs for a bit, maybe try to clean up our acts with the excessive posts and then petition to re-open the Shiny Hunters Club. I know the main issues she had with the old club was the amount of posts that were just congrats or hunt updates, so that's where we'd have to improve if we want to have it reopened.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

150 MMs done for the community hunt now.

Anyway, I was wondering, is it possible to SR for shininess with event Pokemon given by the guy in the Pokemon Center?
    FC: 0216-1922-2231

Quote Originally Posted by Senrab View Post
    150 MMs done for the community hunt now.

Anyway, I was wondering, is it possible to SR for shininess with event Pokemon given by the guy in the Pokemon Center?
    Unfortunately, no. With events that you collect from the delivery man, the shininess is already set.

Hey guys. Im starting to get frustrated, Im at 1350 eggs hatched now for my Shroomish hunt. Another box and I'll be over the odds, I'm about 200 eggs away from my longest mm too so it's not looking good. I have a feeling its coming soon though. Oh congrats on the recent shinies, off the top of my head there were a couple of kyurems, and Aquas makuhita and gustavos joltik. Good luck to all.

And on the topic of re-establishing a shiny hunters club type thing, I have to agree with Dangertrout. If we went ahead and made this thread into something like that, the mods would be unhappy, the thread would be shut and lots of us would be infracted.
    Even if we did get permission, the rules would be that strict nobody would enjoy it. Not saying it's a terrible idea, it would many consequences.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Hello everyone!
    congrats on the recent shinies especially gustavo on his long joltik hunt
    as for me i am still hunting for oshawott but i also began a new hunt for articuno thats now at 900 SRs good luck
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    7,000 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------

16,500 RE at Chargestone Cave! Congrats on everyone who has gotten shinies recently!
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Day 22 for Mandibuzz and nearly 21,000 encounters in Dreamyard... Ugh!! I can't believe my luck right now >.<! Anyways gratz on the shinies lately and good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Currently trying to hatch a shiny Ghastly... man, sometimes I wish I still had my older games with my shiny Metagross and shiny Tentacruel... ):

Not sure how many Random encounters I got now, but I'm pretty sure I passed the odds twice now at the Giant Chasm Cave. I really want to finish this goddarn community hunt. My longest hunt now. :-(

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by cocoadragon View Post
    Hello everyone!
    as for me i am still hunting for oshawott but i also began a new hunt for articuno thats now at 900 SRs good luck
    Hey there, Cocoa! Lol, how did your SS bq go? Wasn't around to see the finished result, unfortunately.

Going to start MMing a few grass types. Mainly Treeko, Turtwig, and Bulbasaur, for competetive hopefully.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Alright, currently on 4.4k random encounters, tomorrow I'll be getting to 5k.

While hunting for a shiny I keep hitting a dustcloud. I got a few evolution stones :-D

7 Dawn Stones
    2 Dusk Stones
    1 Fire stone
    5 Leaf stones
    4 Moon Stones
    8 Shiny Stones
    4 Sun stones
    2 Thunderstones

That's alot, or not?

Wish me luck for getting a shiny ice pokémon (Hopes up for sneasel or delibird.)

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

I started a Pokemon league at my school. Everyone has a diffrent type theme but since I'm the Champion I picked Shiny Pokemon as my theme.

FC: 2406-6166-3485 IGN: Emerald

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Hey there, Cocoa! Lol, how did your SS bq go? Wasn't around to see the finished result, unfortunately.

Going to start MMing a few grass types. Mainly Treeko, Turtwig, and Bulbasaur, for competetive hopefully.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/mie442.jpg[/IMG] 3639 SRs
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/27wrgk.jpg[/IMG] 1418 Res
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/ojmupz.jpg[/IMG] 1388 Res
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14sp4ra.jpg[/IMG] 355 HBs
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2ajrmlc.jpg[/IMG] 1055 SRs
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/2la7b6x.jpg[/IMG] 8587 Res
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/aryq9.jpg[/IMG] 2088 Res
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/2r797c3.jpg[/IMG] 2527 Res

and im now @1250 SRs for articuno
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 2nd December 2012 at 9:29 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    7,000 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------

A slightly different sort of shiny post, and this seems the thread for it, even though it's a different sort of post. I just feel a desire to talk up my shiny collection, and nobody else is interested.

All of these are natural, pure luck finds. I SR for good pokemon, but I'm mostly looking for nature and stats and sometimes ability - shiny is always in the back of my mind, but not my goal (I don't think I have that kind of patience - I barely have the patience to find a pokemon with a beneficial nature and at least not bad stats). So:

Zubat - this was the first shiny I ever encountered, in the first Pokemon game I played, Leaf Green. It's also the only shiny I've kept in a party and evolved. It's decent - not great nature or stats, but not bad either. I was disappointed in the Crobat sprite though, which is probably part of the reason I've never evolved any of the others.

Doduo - caught this one in the fenced-in bit near the bottom of the downhill route in Fire Red. Mediocre stats and kind of an ugly sprite, went straight into a box.

Tentacool - caught this one while EV training in Fire Red. Nice looking shiny, and one I'm really tempted to evolve, since the Tentacruel sprite is pretty cool too. Stats and nature are terrible though.

Electrike - caught in the grass in Sapphire. Awesome sprite - absolutely terrible stats. Seriously - I really wanted to use this one, but it's something like Gentle nature and with all the IVs in single digits - not just sort of mediocre stats but like the absolute worst possible - so into the box it went.

Geodude - in Ruby. I was thrilled with this one, since it was actually the second shiny Geodude I've seen - the first one, years ago in I-don't-remember-which game, yes indeed, blew himself up. So when this one first came up, I just put the game down and thought about it a bit. I had a bulky attacker in the lead of the party and depending on the move he either would've OHKOed it or done almost nothing to it, and I didn't have any Quick Balls yet. I did have a Roselia with Grasswhistle and some Great Balls though. But Grasswhistle is only 55%, and... that was about my only option though. So I finally just crossed my fingers (literally) and switched in Roselia. And the Geodude used Rollout. I knew right then that he was mine, but it did take two tries before the Grasswhistle hit, so it was still a bit tense. One of my favorite shinies for sure.

Numel - caught in Emerald. This one is actually quite good and I was sort of tempted to use it, but I had already figured out how to breed a Numel with Earthquake, Rock Slide and Flamethrower as egg moves, and the shiny Numel sprite is IMO better than the shiny Camerupt, so into the box.

Electrode - caught in the same Emerald, within days of Numel. Awesome sprite, can't stand Electrode, so into the box.

Zubat - and I caught a second shiny Zubat, and this one's going to stay as a Zubat. It was in Pearl, in the mine, early in the game. I don't think I even looked at its stats - it was just Zubat - shiny - box.

That Zubat is the only shiny I ever caught in the fourth gen (though I didn't put in anywhere near as many hours on those games as on the third gen, which is probably a good part of the reason), and I've yet to catch any in the fifth (though I've only played White so far, and that only most of the way through - currently at seven badges and grinding a team for Iris's dragons). But hopefully I'll be back sometime with some more shinies. And who knows - I might even someday work up the patience to actually hunt for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Congratulations, gustavo! It always seems to be the way, though ... a shiny appears that isn't the one you're after specifically or you would prefer five other shinies before that particular one, and that particular one is the one to shine. Someone should do a "backwards hunt" ... as in, pretend to list them in the order you most want them, but not really. Maybe reverse logic will make the shiny you really want sparkle ... or not.
    I was thinking the same thing. Except one of my future RE hunts ( not in the near future) will be Baltoy in Relic Castle, which is the only thing found within the room he appears. Though that does give me an idea on my next one in Route 207.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoadragon View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Thanks, and I see you're hunting Articuno as well, though you're way ahead of me, I'm sure. I haven't done much SR'ing for my Articuno, and I'm busy doing Funfest Mission to get a Black trainer card, so you'll get farther ahead of me. Either way, good luck to you! And good luck to everyone else as well, especially Shiny Lord!
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

For the community hunt, I decided I'd hunt for a shiny Sneasel! Currently hatching eggs to get a Jolly or Adamant nature to MM with. Hope this hunt is relatively short! Always wanted a shiny Weavile so this community hunt is a great excuse to finally start up on this hunt.

My shiny Pokemon:

-- Zira -- Florence -- Trick -- Brimstone -- Fleece -- Robin -- Horace --

Heart Gold FC: 0948-7530-2951

Pokemon Black FC: 2924-4380-1565

Pokemon Y FC: 1547-5454-3033 (Sunkern, Swadloon in safari)

Hey Gustavo congrats on that shiny! I gave up the chargestone hunt which is not like me to quit anything but I really wanted to get started on community hunt and I've hatched 300 eggs so far and nothing yet. I'm not going to say yet what it is I'm hunting for though to surprise everyone when I get it!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Day 22 for Mandibuzz and nearly 21,000 encounters in Dreamyard... Ugh!! I can't believe my luck right now >.<! Anyways gratz on the shinies lately and good luck everyone.
    That really stinks City. I hope it shines for you soon and good luck to everyone else. For the community hunt I've decided to MM Lapras. I think I may regret this decision seeing as it takes so flipping long to hatch.

Quick question... is it possible for the Mystery egg in Soul Silver to be shiny? and if I were to SR for it I would save before receiving it, right?
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and of course pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

The Egg's personality values and stats are assigned as soon as you collect at the pokemart but yes it can be shiny.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Something I noticed recently that I meant to mention: Join Avenue has a nifty feature for those who like to count eggs hatched. The scientist in the office of the avenue has an option to tell you various records. Among them is "number of eggs hatched", which I find to be very handy. I'm not sure what level of avenue you need for this option to appear, but I think it's available early on.
    Now I just jot down what my record is after every MM hunt. Just passed 650 eggs since my last shiny, hopefully I'll get my Smoochum soon =)

Page 42 of 877 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast