Page 43 of 937 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 23424

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

=) You have no idea how much that helps. Thanks Danger.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Just a quick question about the regional tours idea:

I don't know about this old " shiny Pokemon club" but i say its a great idea

Is there no way to implement it into this forum without relating it to that??

I personally would LOVE more then 1 goal a month

Just spitballing

Hahaha. Looks like theres alot of enthusiasm for the idea. I don't see any reason why it can't be done (provided it doesn't cause any conflict). It sounds like all we need is some kind of way of making it happen.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    Hey Gustavo congrats on that shiny! I gave up the chargestone hunt which is not like me to quit anything but I really wanted to get started on community hunt and I've hatched 300 eggs so far and nothing yet. I'm not going to say yet what it is I'm hunting for though to surprise everyone when I get it!
    I don't blame you. I almost felt the same. Will you be returning there in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Something I noticed recently that I meant to mention: Join Avenue has a nifty feature for those who like to count eggs hatched. The scientist in the office of the avenue has an option to tell you various records. Among them is "number of eggs hatched", which I find to be very handy. I'm not sure what level of avenue you need for this option to appear, but I think it's available early on.
    Now I just jot down what my record is after every MM hunt. Just passed 650 eggs since my last shiny, hopefully I'll get my Smoochum soon =)
    That's a great way to keep track of eggs hatched, though I usually just count by boxes. Using Join Avenue looks easier though. Since you can recruit people to take the place of the assistants, I'd like to mention that it could be someone else besides a scientist, though that's a little nit-picky of me.

And as you all can see, I've been able to start a bit on my BQ in Platinum, though it won't see too much change until later, when I'm done with Funfest missions. Which reminds me of a few Pass Powers I'd like to bring to attention. If you reach Black lv. 19 on the Entree, you can unlock Encounter Power +++, which could be a bit useful in RE's, though probably not needed if using a pokemon with Illuminate. Though with White lv. 13, 22, and 30, respective levels of Hatching Power becomes available, which could be a great help in MM'ing. Of course, it takes quite a bit of time to reach those levels (pass orbs come naturally then), but I'd assume they're worth it the time, for those looking to speed things up a bit. Just thought I'd share that bit of info. Now, good luck everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by syrrume View Post
    Just a quick question about the regional tours idea:

I don't know about this old " shiny Pokemon club" but i say its a great idea

Is there no way to implement it into this forum without relating it to that??

I personally would LOVE more then 1 goal a month

Just spitballing
    Well, there's nothing stopping you from giving yourself additional goals every month

I'm actually trying to work out the logistics of doing something like the shiny tour without offending any of the mods. I think if we took the thread in that direction, there would have to be more strict rules about what we post and how often, which might make it less fun. Anyways, I'm going to think on it a bit longer and see if I can come up with something that's in between. For now, we'll just have to settle for the community hunts we've been doing.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Awesome, like I said, I don't know what went on there as im new, but it sounds like im sure it could be avoided

In the mean time I'll settle for reading who finds what and feel happy for them!
    21 days left

3,200 encounters in Relic Castle, nothing yet, but good progress - 1,200 encounters today...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

Neverrealized what cool shinys you can find in Relic Castle... gotta MM though...
    Yamask looks awesome, Sandshrew looks awesome, and Sandile Evolves to be awesome. Plus, Krookodile can be pretty strong. Breaking from hunting for a few days because I want to finish training my Rain team: Politoed, Gyarados, Jellicent, Jolteon, Aggron, and Metagross. XD So, MMing will wait a few days...

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

just got a shiny cyndaquil!

that completes the johto shiny starters

Quote Originally Posted by McBatch View Post
    just got a shiny cyndaquil!

that completes the johto shiny starters
    Congrats!

I think that I'm officially postponing all shiny hunts for me until I get the shiny charm. As soon as I get that charm, I have an amazing idea that will involve me sring my **** off!
    Last edited by TheEliteEmpoleon; 3rd December 2012 at 3:47 AM.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Congrats!

I think that I'm officially postponing all shiny hunts for me until I get the shiny charm. As soon as I get that charm, I have an amazing idea that will involve me sring my ***** off!
    i dont think i will ever be getting that item catching the national dex in white 2 seems a tad too hard and time consuming for me

Quote Originally Posted by McBatch View Post
    i dont think i will ever be getting that item catching the national dex in white 2 seems a tad too hard and time consuming for me
    Yeah most people have a living pokedex, but I don't. It is time consuming, but I caught every pokemon I could throughout the games and I'm evolving them all now. I'd much rather be hunting
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Yeah most people have a living pokedex, but I don't. It is time consuming, but I caught every pokemon I could throughout the games and I'm evolving them all now. I'd much rather be hunting
    ive caught the first 2 gens and more...in my heartgold

so i dont feel like doing that all again lol

finding shinies i just do while i watch tv etc nothing major

Congrats to everybody on your recent shinies!

I'm up to 2,310 SRs for my johto hunt and I've decided to make it into a BQ since is really like to do some johto hunting. I think next ill hunt in union cave but one hunt at a time.

So good luck to everyone on your hunts, especially the longer ones.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

17,000 RE in Chargestone Cave! Something has to shine soon!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Finally did a bit more hunting again after 3 days of not hunting. 85 REs today, bringing me to 1150 total Eevee REs. Also, 4299 total REs, and 1988 REs since my shiny Litwick. Not counting double encounters, of course. Just 1 project left for school, then I'll be done and just have work!

Good luck everyone! And congrats on everyone's shinies. I had to skip over some pages, since I hadn't checked back here since page 44 while I was working on that HPMV, so I skipped ahead to page 53 and started back there :x
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Still hunting for shiny charmander but no luck,

I think my luck left after the shiny snivy.

Can someone tell me where can I get trainer card for shiny hunt

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

Congrats on all the shinies over the weekend guys. Seems there were quite a few!

I didn't really hunt much last few days as I've been feeling like hell. Still not great today but I've dragged myself into work. Will hopefully hunt a little later but will mainly focus on getting my 3rd BQ shiny before continuing with the community hunt.

Best of luck everyone.

on my 570th egg and no shiny duskull yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X/ But ;ets keep at it! =D Good Luck in your endeavors!
    X FC: 1006 0385 8652 IGN: Mr.Brightside
    Come try your hand at solving my questions, and win yourself some pokemon

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post17399689

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Except one of my future RE hunts ( not in the near future) will be Baltoy in Relic Castle, which is the only thing found within the room he appears. Though that does give me an idea on my next one in Route 207.
    You'll probably encounter as you travel there or something, just you watch! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Well, there's nothing stopping you from giving yourself additional goals every month

I'm actually trying to work out the logistics of doing something like the shiny tour without offending any of the mods. I think if we took the thread in that direction, there would have to be more strict rules about what we post and how often, which might make it less fun. Anyways, I'm going to think on it a bit longer and see if I can come up with something that's in between. For now, we'll just have to settle for the community hunts we've been doing.
    Dangertrout, I appreciate what you're doing, and I respect your opinion and the opinion of others, but I think the Club was a mixture of a lot of different things, and I don't think it's fair to say that any one thing caused it to internally combust or whatever. In regards to a Shiny Circuit in particular, as that is what we're talking about specifically, what about this?

Next month, you have two or three goals. They can all be themed, or broad, that's up to you or whoever. And leave it casual. Whether someone wants to only do one or complete all three tasks is up to them. I think it could be a positive thing. It already looks like the Community Hunts have been quite a success each month, so I feel as if this is the logical next step.

Unfortunately spamming is always going to happen, regardless.

Another idea is to maybe do a community badge quest in the future, though that might take some effort and time to set up. But that's probably not reasonable.

Anyway, yeah, I guess I see you've made your decision, but let's think things through, maybe?

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Currently passed the 4.8k random encounters, so I actually passed the shiny charm odds twice. Fml.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

21 full days to go

I can't wait to be playing through my game now wish it would hurry up!!!

And this shiny charm for completing the national dex, how many out of the 649 or however many can be caught in black 2?

And roughly how many are trades only?

Congrats on the most recent shinys!

I'm actually not sure, I only traded all my pokémon to black 2, and caught a few there.

Link Trades: 311

=\

Keep at it Dylz you'll get rewarded soon buddy. You did have quite a few short hunts recently so it's just kinda beginning to even itself out I guess.

I'm hoping Shiny Lord, City of Delusion and Cocoa get their shinies soon, they really need to be dealt a decent hand from the shiny heavens right about now! As for me I've been pretty damn lucky lately so I'm just gonna casually keep hunting and just see what happens. I feel more people deserve the luck more than me at this point.

I hope so, I'm pretty sure I'll never hunt in giant chasm again. I feel like I caught every shiny pokémon possible there, even though that is impossible.

Currently on 5k Random Encounters already, I will be going die hard this afternoon.

How is your badge quest going?

Page 43 of 937 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast