Page 45 of 947 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 23663

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Well, I agree with Option 1. Despite the fact I suggested a circuit, your reasons are logical. And CHs are really drawing in a lot of people. It's all good for me to hunt on my own mini-circuit anyways, as an MM hunt is impossible for me on 4th Gen (points to wi-fi).

Meanwhile, I have hit 4,615 SRs and 2,720 REs...man, Lugia wishes to shine next year, I reckon...

Also, sorry on the silly shiny Sandshrew, Helio! What hunt tickles your fancy?
    Good luck to gustavo, also a HUGE good luck to Shiny Lord and Cocoa on the hunts.

I must also mention that the shiny Makuhita makes me want to hit my "shiny frame" due to the RNG loop...is it possible to hit the frame again, or am I wrong?

And finally, I watched a video of this french person get a shiny Cresselia in Platinum which was linked in the SHC ages ago. I now really want to get one through Platinum, despite the long SRs, because I think it would make it a great reward! Anyone got Cresselia through Sinnoh?
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    I say keep it as it as. Lets not try fix something which isn't broken. Everyone is enjoying the community hunts and there's nothing stopping people doing there own quest type hunts.

Also wanna say a quick thanks to Dangertrout for the work put in to this thread. Nice one buddy, it's much appreciated :-)
    I agree with this

So yes option 1 as well
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Option 1. We can track things like BQ's and MMs and SRs and bla bla bla in our sigs, or just a regular post, but upon finishing the community hunt, u get a sense of reward...
    its that showoff feeling u get in few other places. (actually a ton of places, just, this is one of them)

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Option 1 for sure, and the: "Still no shiny posts" I agree with, but note that this thread has its own little community that like to keep track of each others hunt. Or is it just me?

People just need to put: "CM hunt completed!" above of their posts, that makes everything a lot easier.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Dylz, omg, since shiny charm, uve gotten so many! mab i should invest in getting that thing...

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Option 1. We can track things like BQ's and MMs and SRs and bla bla bla in our sigs, or just a regular post, but upon finishing the community hunt, u get a sense of reward...
    its that showoff feeling u get in few other places. (actually a ton of places, just, this is one of them)
    I'll be honest I choose option 1 because I like dangertrout + I've got a feeling that if we go with option 2 it'll fade out pretty quickly and turn to nothing and that would be a massive shame considering how great a job this thread has done of uniting everyone in the forums.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

true. that is true ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Dylz, omg, since shiny charm, uve gotten so many! mab i should invest in getting that thing...
    Yeah but my luck disappeared, since I'm currently on 5,8k random encounters and 500 soft resets without any shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post

I must also mention that the shiny Makuhita makes me want to hit my "shiny frame" due to the RNG loop...is it possible to hit the frame again, or am I wrong?

And finally, I watched a video of this french person get a shiny Cresselia in Platinum which was linked in the SHC ages ago. I now really want to get one through Platinum, despite the long SRs, because I think it would make it a great reward! Anyone got Cresselia through Sinnoh?
    Thanks. These multiple shinies annoy me... >.> I've decided to hunt in route 16 for my next White 2 BQ shiny. I'll be happy with anything, since I need every shiny there, but I'd like a shiny Solosis most of all. I'm currently at 152 encounters.

Yes, it is possible to hit the same shiny frame again. But if you were playing for, say, an hour (without switching off/resetting the game) before the shiny Makuhita appeared, then you'd have to leave your game on for an hour to try and hit that particular shiny frame. That's why early shiny frame are best if you're trying to take advantage of the RNG.

I found a shiny Cresselia in Pearl after 6854 soft resets on the 13th June 2010 (it appeared just as I'd sat down to watch a world cup match, lol). I also found a shiny Mesprit in Diamond after 5207 soft resets on the 17th August 2011. I have videos of both of them up on my youtube channel. ^_^

Good luck everyone.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Question about shiny PIDs - Are they always the same regardless of resetting the game? So if all 8 shiny PIDs give male pokemon, you can only encounter male (and genderless) shinies?

4,500 encounters now... that's a whopping 1,300 encounters today!
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 4th December 2012 at 1:36 AM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

6,300 Run Aways

Helio and aqua, what's a shiny frame??

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Well, I agree with Option 1. Despite the fact I suggested a circuit, your reasons are logical. And CHs are really drawing in a lot of people. It's all good for me to hunt on my own mini-circuit anyways, as an MM hunt is impossible for me on 4th Gen (points to wi-fi).

Meanwhile, I have hit 4,615 SRs and 2,720 REs...man, Lugia wishes to shine next year, I reckon...

Good luck to gustavo, also a HUGE good luck to Shiny Lord and Cocoa on the hunts.
    You're 100% on the spot there. Since community hunts, I've noticed even a few forum lurkers have come in shiny hunting, so I'm greatly in favor of keeping the same formula of CH's. It's always nice to see more people come into the shiny hunting community, and I know I'm nowhere near the first myself.

And as I've been rather spontaneous with my hunting choices, I've changed my approach once more. Since I loved being able to take advantage of having 3 available DS'es for hunts when Joltik appeared, I'm going to try hunting three things at once: my current CH Articuno, the start of my Platinum BQ, and contrary to my last comment about it, I'll be starting for Baltoy in Relic Castle. Thankfully, I can rely on the Trainer Card to count Baltoy, I've already forgone counting for Articuno, and I have a calculator for Route 207, so hopefully I can manage all three at once. Good luck on those hunts everyone, especially those nasty long ones!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Well, it is something that detrmines a pokemon's IVs / shininess and such. Say you had a shiny frame of 12:26:52 PM with a Docile Nature and 3/24/8/18/9/30 IVs, encountering a pokemon at the exact time would create the aforementioned pokemon as a shiny, IIRC.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Option 1 for sure, and the: "Still no shiny posts" I agree with, but note that this thread has its own little community that like to keep track of each others hunt. Or is it just me?

People just need to put: "CM hunt completed!" above of their posts, that makes everything a lot easier.
    Yeah, I understand that. I was just thinking if there were 5 hunts to keep track of, I'd have to skim through pages and pages of posts, look for the ones that had the completion note, then separate those into the different hunts in the first post.
    then I thought, what if one pokemon matches 2 or 3 of the hunts? do I mark it in all the lists or ask the person to choose which list they get put on?
    then, if we have 5 different hunts, and some people choose to multihunt, will they have the discipline to update all hunts in one post? or would there be 5x the amount of "update! i have no shinies for this hunt yet" >.<

Personally, I really prefer the CHs we're doing already. Everyone working on the same hunt just makes it more fun. I think having multiple targets would detract from that experience unless everyone started multihunting, which not everyone can do.

Speaking of multihunting, I've started rotating my own hunts a little.
    now I'm collecting a box of smoochum eggs, SRing mesprit for an hour, REing on route 7 for an hour, training in my Nuzlocke for an hour, rinse and repeat.
    Not getting much done in pokemon right now though, as I have to get this book report done this week. or suffer lower grades for handing it in late >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Good luck Dangertrout! Nuzlocke-ing my ruby. Got so lucky- torchic,tailow,wurmple,ralts. i kno tight? XD

17,500 RE now in Chargestone Cave! Something will shine and take me totally by surprise cause I have no expectations anymore!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Dangertrout, option 1 is what keeps me coming back to this thread daily, not to mention the people who I have met because of these community hunts. It's a great thing we have going here. Lets never change it, your doing a great job dangertrout!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Sigh... my 4th White 2 badge quest shiny has appeared after 7193 encounters.

... and it's a shiny Sandshrew. The one shiny I didn't want AGAIN. >_<
    Helio, next shiny hunt, do what I said earlier! Keep saying you want your least wanted shiny the most, and maybe the game might spit out the shiny you really want. Hey, it's reverse psychology, right? ... It might work ... maybe. Anyway, good luck.

Dangertrout, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I just thought people were keen on a shiny tour, so I was just joining the discussion. Considering I haven't even done a CH yet, I don't really think I am in a position to weigh in much, anyway. I intend to, but I always seem to have some other hunt on the go at the time. It seems like it's all going well as it is, though, so no need to really change things.
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 4th December 2012 at 3:55 AM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Just hatched a shiny Charmander exactly as the Giants scored a touchdown! Named him Eli haha.
    Male timid nature has perfect IVs in sp attack and speed too

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Dangertrout, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I just thought people were keen on a shiny tour, so I was just joining the discussion. Considering I haven't even done a CH yet, I don't really think I am in a position to weigh in much, anyway. I intend to, but I always seem to have some other hunt on the go at the time. It seems like it's all going well as it is, though, so no need to really change things.
    I didn't mean to snap at you, it just happened to be the first thing I read after a bad morning (coffee everywhere, burnt toast, it was horrible T_T)

While we're on the subject of community hunts, feel free to PM me ideas for January's vote. I'm trying to think of hunts that fit for January, but aren't winter themed.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

I have just performed the first SR in my Moltres hunt. I will be dual-hunting it alongside the Cubchoo I'm MMing for this month's Community Hunt. I hope Moltres will be kind to me in this effort, as I've historically had little patience for soft resetting. Good luck, and congratulations to all new shinies.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

I'm awake, currently on 5.8k random encounters. Let's try and get to atleast 6,500 encounters!

+ I just send my January CH idea to Dangertrout.

My best idea:

Random encounters hunts in a route chosen by Dangertrout.
    Every cartridge got their own route to hunt on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    While we're on the subject of community hunts, feel free to PM me ideas for January's vote. I'm trying to think of hunts that fit for January, but aren't winter themed.
    How about a 'new year/new beginning' theme - by hunting for a shiny on the first route of any game? The first route of a game is the start of a new adventure; just like January is the start of a new year.

I'm going to be doing some more hunting for my next badge quest shinies in both White 2/Heart Gold today. I was double hunting in both yesterday evening when shiny Sandshrew appeared.

I'd only done 18 encounters (I do 100 at a time in HG) in HG when shiny Sandshrew appeared, bringing me up to 15,918 encounters in total. My last HG badge quest shiny took 15,906 SR (a shiny Lapras), so this is now the longest hunt of my badge quest...
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 4th December 2012 at 10:23 AM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I'm awake, currently on 5.8k random encounters. Let's try and get to atleast 6,500 encounters!

+ I just send my January CH idea to Dangertrout.

My best idea:

Random encounters hunts in a route chosen by Dangertrout.
    Every cartridge got their own route to hunt on.
    That's an awesome idea Dylan. Just to carry on with that idea how about every day of the hunt the only pokemon you can catch are the ones on routes that correspond to the day and if there aren't enough routes in the game you just reset the counter at the last route and if your playing say...ruby? we'd of course start with route 101, route 102, route 103...this sounded alot better in my head.

Good luck on your hunt mate. And Dangertrout Tea > Coffee good luck with the book report.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    Dangertrout, option 1 is what keeps me coming back to this thread daily, not to mention the people who I have met because of these community hunts. It's a great thing we have going here. Lets never change it, your doing a great job dangertrout!
    @
    I cuouldnt put it better myselth keep the CHs!!!
    just past 100 eggs for my shiny spheal, not had much time the past few days but i plan to make up for that today

credit to SEREBII!!

BLACK FC :0090 3060 6783
    BLACK 2 FC : 3440 4353 9691
    3DS FC : 3007 8094 7076
    friend safari : Pansage Ivysaur Quilladin

Page 45 of 947 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast