Page 46 of 895 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 22355

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I pm'd my idea. It has to do with Chinese new year. 2013 is the year of the snake, so we could all hunt for a snake(ish) pokemon.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    How about a 'new year/new beginning' theme - by hunting for a shiny on the first route of any game? The first route of a game is the start of a new adventure; just like January is the start of a new year.
    This made me laugh. "What, Helio wants more shiny Rattata?!"

I looked into the Chinese New Year, because it's not always in January. Sure enough, this year it will fall in February (the 10th). I'll save that idea for the February vote =)

edit - @Dylz, that's what happens when you have some consecutive short hunts. then you hit a really long one >.< good luck on route 7! lots of nice shinies in there, which is why I started hunting in that area this week
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 4th December 2012 at 4:00 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

After I reach the 6.5k I will be hunting on a other route. I simply can't stand the fact that this hunt is taking so long, and even got the chance to get a shiny I already have.

I will continue my hunt at the virbank complex, not aiming for a ice shiny now. After I finish finding a shiny at the Virbank complex, I will continue my hunt on the almighty Shiny Metang and I prolly will find a Piloswine inbetween.
    Last edited by Dylz; 4th December 2012 at 4:30 PM.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

I think my first area RE hunt will be floccesey ranch I think !

Shiny riolu is shiny ....and awesome

Hey guys, im not here to post about a shiny shroomish, i too have a proposal to make about January's community hunt.
    Since January is the beginning of the year, we should go back to 'the beginning' of pokemon i.e. Generation 1. We could compile a list of ten favourites or something by votes, and those pokemon be hunted. Gl to all and of course congrats as well, could have a shiny to report soon...(please!!!)
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by sidrick View Post
    @
    I cuouldnt put it better myselth keep the CHs!!!
    just past 100 eggs for my shiny spheal, not had much time the past few days but i plan to make up for that today
    Bless ya buddy. To be fair you do have the best signature on the whole site.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Hey guys, im not here to post about a shiny shroomish, i too have a proposal to make about January's community hunt.
    Since January is the beginning of the year, we should go back to 'the beginning' of pokemon i.e. Generation 1. We could compile a list of ten favourites or something by votes, and those pokemon be hunted. Gl to all and of course congrats as well, could have a shiny to report soon...(please!!!)
    It's not a bad idea, but a little too much work. Someone would have to put together the list, then put to vote, tally the vote, then finally put it on the list for the final vote. if it doesn't get chosen it would be work for nothing.
    Not to mention, it would clutter up the thread like mad. I say "PM me" and half the people ignore that and just post in the thread. >.<
    If that behavior continues, I'm going to have to stop putting things to a vote every month and just dictate what the CH will be. Less fun, but at least we'll stop having a couple pages go by with no shiny news.

As of yesterday my Community Hunt has started! Going after Regice and I have done about 100 SR's so far. This hunt might take a little bit longer because the shiny and normal sprites are so close and I have to wait and see if there is a sparkle before I SR. I am planning on SR'ing all day today, so maybe ill get lucky and get this thing faster than my last hunt Regirock. Keep up the great work everyone and dont give up ^.^
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Hah. I put a Magnemite up on the GTS earlier in White 2, asking for any kind of Venipede... and the one I received was shiny. O.o

I wonder if it's a legit one... It's Japanese, female, Lonely natured, and apparently met in the lostlorn forest at lv21. Oh well, I might as well keep it for now. I'm not interested in traded shinies though. ^^;

I've moved over to route 5 in my badge quest, instead of route 16 (since they have exactly the same Pokemon in both routes anyway). I'm now at just under 600 encounters.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

For the record I'd have a little faith and say it is legit. =D

I have a quick question if that's okay!

I'm currently breeding via MM for a shiny Charmander like so many other people have before, and I just got a Japanese Charmander on the GTS. I was thinking of evolving him to Charizard, not for any real reason but just for the fun of breeding 2 Charizards rather than a Charmander and Charizard, however I noticed when he evolved his name switched to English.
    It's not a huge deal him having an English name and I'm thinking of just breeding 2 Charmanders now anyways, but for future reference, if a foreign Pokémon, Japanese for example, evolves in and English game and it's name changes to English, does it still work for Masuda breeding?

I would assume so since it was still hatched Japanese and has a Japanese OT, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I tried googling it and there was a lot of hesistation over whether it would still count, so I came here hoping someone with a bit of shiny knowledge might know :P

Anyways, while I'm here, may as well announce I plan to take part in the CH when I get my round charm HOPEFULLY this week, just need that darn Landorus from my Dream Radar! I'm thinking of either Spheal, Cubchoo or Snover, but Pokécommunity also have a December shiny quest where green shines count and I've always wanted shiny Azurill. So I might alternate between MMing an ice type and either RE at Floccesy Ranch or MMing Azurill. We'll see! :3
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    I have a quick question if that's okay!

I'm currently breeding via MM for a shiny Charmander like so many other people have before, and I just got a Japanese Charmander on the GTS. I was thinking of evolving him to Charizard, not for any real reason but just for the fun of breeding 2 Charizards rather than a Charmander and Charizard, however I noticed when he evolved his name switched to English.
    It's not a huge deal him having an English name and I'm thinking of just breeding 2 Charmanders now anyways, but for future reference, if a foreign Pokémon, Japanese for example, evolves in and English game and it's name changes to English, does it still work for Masuda breeding?

I would assume so since it was still hatched Japanese and has a Japanese OT, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I tried googling it and there was a lot of hesistation over whether it would still count, so I came here hoping someone with a bit of shiny knowledge might know :P

Anyways, while I'm here, may as well announce I plan to take part in the CH when I get my round charm HOPEFULLY this week, just need that darn Landorus from my Dream Radar! I'm thinking of either Spheal, Cubchoo or Snover, but Pokécommunity also have a December shiny quest where green shines count and I've always wanted shiny Azurill. So I might alternate between MMing an ice type and either RE at Floccesy Ranch or MMing Azurill. We'll see! :3
    Your Japanese Charmander will still work for MMing after it evolves, even if the name changes. When a pokemon is created, it is assigned a country code which is determined by the game you are playing. That code never changes =)

That's handy to know actualy cz that's the sort of thing id worry about haha,

Good luck at the ranch mate

See you have a shiny lucario, I <3 riolu and his shiny colours!!

Quote Originally Posted by syrrume View Post
    That's handy to know actualy cz that's the sort of thing id worry about haha,

Good luck at the ranch mate

See you have a shiny lucario, I <3 riolu and his shiny colours!!
    Haha bless ya buddy. I was actually really lucky I didn't KO it because I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing (basically training for EXP before getting battered by Cheren) and now he's one of my greatest buddies.

I'm not going to lie this Pokemon Ranch thing is -_- REALLY LONG. I need to send 999 Pokemon to the Ranch which is really helpful for RE's but still...if I'm going to get a Blue Mew I'll need to wait just a while longer.

Speaking of which that reminds me my latest shiny encounter! Yamask in the desert ruins I was tempted to evolve it but then I put it on the GTS because I want my snivy.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Haha bless ya buddy. I was actually really lucky I didn't KO it because I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing (basically training for EXP before getting battered by Cheren) and now he's one of my greatest buddies.

I'm not going to lie this Pokemon Ranch thing is -_- REALLY LONG. I need to send 999 Pokemon to the Ranch which is really helpful for RE's but still...if I'm going to get a Blue Mew I'll need to wait just a while longer.

Speaking of which that reminds me my latest shiny encounter! Yamask in the desert ruins I was tempted to evolve it but then I put it on the GTS because I want my snivy.
    I don't think Hayley's pokemon can be shiny. I've definitely never heard of her Mew shining for anyone.
    The only legit shiny mew I can think of is from 3rd Gen (was it Emerald?), using an item from an event to get to a secret location where you can SR it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I don't think Hayley's pokemon can be shiny. I've definitely never heard of her Mew shining for anyone.
    The only legit shiny mew I can think of is from 3rd Gen (was it Emerald?), using an item from an event to get to a secret location where you can SR it.
    Wait a second you're right. I checked the shiny section of Bulbapedia and it said that none of her Pokemon besides Mew and Phione can be shiny but they have a set trainer ID of 01000 which means it's not checked against my trainer ID but has already been determined. Thanks DangerTrout you just saved me alot of wasted time.

-_- It looks like my dreams of a shiny Mew and Celebi will have wait a while longer.

I am going well with my MM hunt, about 200 something eggs have been hatched, hopefully my MM target will shine and I can try for another before Christmas.
    If only my Ursa Minor didn't hatch so soon, it would have saved me some dedicated time, but I suppose I should be grateful it hatched so early as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by TomoEGoto View Post
    I am going well with my MM hunt, about 200 something eggs have been hatched, hopefully my MM target will shine and I can try for another before Christmas.
    If only my Ursa Minor didn't hatch so soon, it would have saved me some dedicated time, but I suppose I should be grateful it hatched so early as it did.
    wow you were lucky enough to get a shiny female chickorita! thats really cool

On the CH hunt subject...hatched a little more than 750 Spheal eggs so far.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Sounds like its going well Tomo and blue, keep at it!

Quick question: what's the deal with the whole "complete the national dex to get the shiny charm
    how do you get a hold of a mew?? Or a celebii? In black 2 for example with no other games,

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by syrrume; 4th December 2012 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by syrrume View Post
    Sounds like its going well Tomo and blue, keep at it!

Quick question: what's the deal with the whole "complete the national dex to get the shiny charm
    how do you get a hold of a mew?? Or a celebii? In black 2 for example with no other games,

Am I missing something?
    You can get them by trading with people, but they are not required.
    Anything that was available for a limited time only through events (like Mew and Celebi) are not needed to get the Round or Shining Charms

^

Event pokémon are not included.

So u can cross of your list:
    - Mew
    - Celebi
    - Jirachi
    - Deoxys
    - Phione
    - Manaphy
    - Darkrai
    - Shaymin
    - Arcues
    - Victini
    - Keldeo
    - Meloetta
    - Genesect

I only need 6 more event pokémon... I really need my Wifi back so I can trade with people that got tons of them.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

18,000 RE now in Chargestone Cave! I am going to switch it up and hunt at Lostlorn Forest I think and hope for anything except shiny Combee and Swadloon because I already have a shiny Vespiqueen and Shiny Leavanny.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

No don't! I know you'll find it, really. You're way above the odds and this will be your 5th shiny! Don't give up now! Plus, it's a high chance to get a shiny (repeat for you) at da' forset!

~Not participating in this month's hunt, I am not so committed on this one, kind of bored, probably take a break w/ competitive battling/training. May start up again, just haven't got so deep in.

Also, is this not creepy? >

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    You can get them by trading with people, but they are not required.
    Anything that was available for a limited time only through events (like Mew and Celebi) are not needed to get the Round or Shining Charms
    I'm glad they didn't make them as a requirement. Considering it would be difficult to find the events you need when they can't be traded on GTS and or have obscene trade requirements.

Which is good considering I missed out on Keldo... I know at some point they'll have it as a Wi-fi event for those who didn't get it when it was around at GS.
    They're good about that, if not then I hope to find someone who will be willing to trade me one in exchange for something equal.

And if they ever get around to making and releasing R/S remake I hope they bring back the old events that GBA had. Especially the Old Sea Map (so we can SR shiny Mew).

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Bless ya buddy. To be fair you do have the best signature on the whole site.
    thanx dude!! Its on serebiis facebook, he sent it me after i complimented him on his puns fore Celebi POTW, all doctor who, it was fantastik.
    i got to 200 eggs today still no shiny but will have lods of time next week so hoping i get it then

credit to SEREBII!!

BLACK FC :0090 3060 6783
    BLACK 2 FC : 3440 4353 9691
    3DS FC : 3007 8094 7076
    friend safari : Pansage Ivysaur Quilladin

Page 46 of 895 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast