Page 47 of 948 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 23687

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

got to 6,7k random encounters, currently aiming for anything but Patrat at virban complex or whatever its called.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Question about shiny PIDs - Are they always the same regardless of resetting the game? So if all 8 shiny PIDs give male pokemon, you can only encounter male (and genderless) shinies?
    Not sure if anyone responded to my question a few pages back...

5,000 encounters now...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

6,750 Run Aways

I started to hunt any shiny on Chargestone Cave. I'm hoping for a Joltik or a Tynamo..Let's see what I get :P
    3DS FC: 2036 - 7438 - 6637

Quote Originally Posted by shinny View Post
    I started to hunt any shiny on Chargestone Cave. I'm hoping for a Joltik or a Tynamo..Let's see what I get :P
    Good luck with your hunt. I'm looking for a shiny ferroseed.

Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    It's not a bad idea, but a little too much work. Someone would have to put together the list, then put to vote, tally the vote, then finally put it on the list for the final vote. if it doesn't get chosen it would be work for nothing.
    Not to mention, it would clutter up the thread like mad. I say "PM me" and half the people ignore that and just post in the thread. >.<
    If that behavior continues, I'm going to have to stop putting things to a vote every month and just dictate what the CH will be. Less fun, but at least we'll stop having a couple pages go by with no shiny news.
    Here's an idea....

Each month, use a random number generator from somewhere online and choose 3 numbers from the pokedex for 3 pokemon choices. Next have people vote, but if they do not PM you their vote and they post in the thread instead then it does not get counted.

I went back to my Chargestone hunt last night which I had abandoned for a bit (pretty much since I got Black 2). I don't think that hunt will ever end I haven't been doing a lot of hunting lately, mainly been playing through Black 2 and trying to complete the Unova dex for the Round Charm. I would love to come across a random shiny while doing this I've been considering doing the Community Hunt to hatch a shiny Vanillite, though I'm not sure if I will yet or not. Good luck to everyone with your hunts.
    Last edited by Jessara; 5th December 2012 at 3:09 AM.
    Newest Shiny!

Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

18,500 RE now since last shiny. Currently hunting now at Lostlorn Forest. So many good shinies here. I really like Venepide or Roselia and Pinsir would be awesome as well.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Your Japanese Charmander will still work for MMing after it evolves, even if the name changes. When a pokemon is created, it is assigned a country code which is determined by the game you are playing. That code never changes =)
    I thought it was something like that, but thanks for clearing it up for me!

Quote Originally Posted by syrrume View Post
    That's handy to know actualy cz that's the sort of thing id worry about haha,

Good luck at the ranch mate

See you have a shiny lucario, I <3 riolu and his shiny colours!!
    If your talking about my Lucario (which I think you are) then thank you! First shiny ever (even before red Gyrados in Lake Of Rage) and I adore him. His names Yolk :P
    Got him waaaay back in 2008!

Anyways, if my sig didn't give it away, I finally decided my December targets will be Snover and Azurill (for Pokécomm) and I'll do some fire lizards on the side, but that hunt will mostly be postphoned, only got 3 boxes so far anyways, 2 full of unhatched eggs I can't wait to hatch!
    Good luck on your hunts everyone, forgot to say last time! Looking forward to seeing which ice type shinies people find!

EDIT: Thinking of switching Azurill hunt at the Ranch for Marill at Village Bridge just for the extra ease of Double/Dark Grass, though if I decide to change to MMing I'll go back to Azurill :3
    Sig will be changed to reflect this shortly!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 5th December 2012 at 8:51 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

I discovered this thread about a week back and was going to wait until after I finished my community hunt to post but...

I had a bunch of eggs that were going to take a while to hatch, so I decided I'd dual hunt and do some random encounters in the giant chasm cave, and I ran into a shiny Solrock! After only 834 REs.

While it wasn't quite as special as the Charmander <3 or Aipom I got a week or 2 ago, it was still quite surprising, and I managed to snag it without a masterball, which is good cause even with the 20 level difference I wasn't sure how many rock attacks my Volcarona could take.

This has certainly made my post-midnight adventures worth it Apparently the secret to finding shinies for me is watching MLP, since all of them have appeared while watching it.
    Last edited by Charoshi; 5th December 2012 at 10:53 AM.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Not sure if anyone responded to my question a few pages back...

5,000 encounters now...
    I've got to be honest master I did look into the math but for the life of me couldn't understand it at all. As from what I can tell from 8 PID's that can generate a shiny but within the personality value's is also the formula for generating the pokemon based on it's gender ratio which uses it's own fixed line of code. Essentially from what I can while it is possible that 8 PV's that determine a Pokemon's shininess to be fixed in most cases it's not restricted to ALL Male or ALL Female but those with a different gender ratio E.G . I'll be honest I don't really understand the complex data behind figuring out the code but I believe what I'm saying is roughly the case.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...alue#Shininess
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

YESS! After 23,288 encounters!! I finally get a shiny from the Dreamyard and its the one I wanted the most!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...hines09/-A.jpg

^_^!! Serious nature and likes to thrash about, so it has a max attack IV! Even though it gets frustrating on long hunts like this one it feels so great when it finally shines and its even better since I got the exact one I wanted! :] I've already started my secret MM hunt for the CH so I'm at about 120 eggs so far.. hopefully this hunt isn't too long! As for Mandibuzz, it has now become my longest continuous hunt at day 25... I'm really starting to think it can't be shiny but I'll give it a few more days. If nothing shines by then I'll just call it quits and hunt somewhere else for BQ #5. Anyways gratz on the shinies lately! Especially the Regice! Good luck everyone.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Finally!

After 7,216 Random Encounters (More then 3 times the shiny charm odds.)
    I ran into a Impish nature Shiny Koffing! It came along in a double battle, so I had to kill the Magby first, I false swiped the koffing, switched my magnemite out with golduck (Has damp) to make sure Koffing can't explode, false swiped Koffing again, killed the Magby with a watefall, threw a Luxury ball to the shiny Koffing and critical captured it!
    Didn't had any selfdestruct moves though.

It has the lowest encounter rate on that route.

So happy that I finally ran into a new shiny again. And it's not even a ugly one too It's like my "Sinterklaas" Present, a Dutch holiday where a old white man in robes goes out with black people to give out presents. (Just youtube it...)

I'm gonna continue hunting this route because I'd really like a shiny Growlith!
    Last edited by Dylz; 5th December 2012 at 1:41 PM.

Congrats on the shinies City and Dylz brilliant stuff.

You know what I love though Dylz the way you said I had to Kill magby first. Just think...out there somewhere are 2 Magmar wondering where there kid is because you wanted a blue Koffing. In all seriousness fair play to the both of you. Looks like the wait paid off.

Wow! I haven't been on here in what seems like forever and I get on to see City a shiny Ariados and Dylz a shiny Koffing (both of which I love the shiny form of!!)!! Congrats on those guys and to those who have gotten their shinies recently! It is going to be a huge bummer if that Mandibuzz can't be shiny City...

As for my hunt, it has been at a standstill. I have my finals this week and I have had one each day and I have one both today and tomorrow. I have only hatched about 30-some eggs for my secret MM community hunt target, but I have collected 300. Over today (after my exam), I might hatch some more and tomorrow after my last final I definitely will do some hatching and hopefully get a lucky birthday surprise in those 300 eggs! Not likely, but hey... I have had some super short MM hunts before (*cough cough* Snivy, Horsea, and Aipom */cough*).

Anyways, happy hunting everyone and good luck! @Dangertrout: I never put in my thoughts about which option that I would want. I agree with just staying with the original community hunt that we are doing now. And I agree with Jessara's idea about not counting votes if they don't PM you. It would hopefully get their attention to follow directions.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. (Dec 28) 7. ? 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #7- Wailmer & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Congrats on the shinies City and Dylz brilliant stuff.

You know what I love though Dylz the way you said I had to Kill magby first. Just think...out there somewhere are 2 Magmar wondering where there kid is because you wanted a blue Koffing. In all seriousness fair play to the both of you. Looks like the wait paid off.
    Thanks, and yeah I've been watching to many Randomized Nuzlocke youtube videos (PairOfExiles @ Youtube) . It kills the time while looking for a Shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Wow! I haven't been on here in what seems like forever and I get on to see City a shiny Ariados and Dylz a shiny Koffing (both of which I love the shiny form of!!)!! Congrats on those guys and to those who have gotten their shinies recently! It is going to be a huge bummer if that Mandibuzz can't be shiny City...
    Thanks,

Yeah I really love Ariados and Koffing too, just a shame that Ariados can't be found in double grass on black 2. Otherwise I'd be hunting that.

WTF!? Is this real?!!

That was my reaction when, after just around 30 SRs a purplish Kyurem appeared yesterday while I was taking a rest of studying (like all my recent shinies, that must mean something, I should be Pkmn trainer instead of student xD) .
    This is insane, 3 shinies in just 4 days! And also another CH completed.

Again my synch failed but this time doesn't bother me (Lax nature, meh ) its IVs are also good, especially 30 un SpAtt. Shiny W-Kyurem is my least favourite of the three (its flames should have been like shiny Reshiram's) but the IVs are a signal .

Nice to see that City and Dylz got their shinies, congrats to both two!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/v481g1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/14j9dn8.gif[/IMG]

Bless ya Kitty. I'm sure you'll get your super shiny birthday surprise as long as you keep holding tight. I personally would love to guess which one you're MMing for but you go for it. Mind you if you can SR 13,490 times for a Kyogre then I'm sure you'll be fine.

I have completed my first 1080 SRs in my Moltres hunt. To my knowledge, that is the farthest I've ever gone in an SR hunt before giving up. Although I like MM far more, I'm determined to see this Moltres hunt through until the stubborn bird finally shines. I just really, really hope that this isn't going to be one of those crazy 20,000 or 50,000 SR hunts. My eyes, mind, and wrists couldn't stand a hunt that long.

Need to get started on the Cubchoo MM soon, but not entirely sure how to balance the two hunts now.

Congratulations on the recent Ariados, Koffing, and Kyurem, and best wishes to everyone else in their hunts.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

Rofl, I forgot all about my Swellow wich I used to MM with, I left him at the Daycare, I just checked. From level 63 to level 100. Just because I was shiny hunting at routes.

Just evolved the Koffing, I love shiny weezing! :-D

Just put the Shiny Weezing and Mamoswine on daycare, because I want them both to get to level 100 while I am shiny hunting. and I really don't care about EV's.

I'm planning on a Shiny Ingame Team when a new Pokémon game comes out. If it's gonna be a gen 6 game, I will try and have a shiny of every generation on my team.
    Last edited by Dylz; 5th December 2012 at 3:57 PM.

A run of shinies lately - VERY NICE!

Update on my MM hunt for a shiny Spiritomb - I'm up to 1,385 eggs hatched and nothing yet.

I wanted to give a special thank you to Callie-Rose for helping me complete my Unova Dex for the Oval Charm. Eggs are most definitely appearing quicker!

Starting to get more and more frustrated as I've now gone over the odds, but what can you do?

Awesome new shinies all the way around everyone, keep it up!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

19,000 RE now since my last shiny. Please end soon. Please game have mercy on me!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

I made myself a list of Shiny Pokémons I'd really like, so here it is:

* Blastoise
    * Pidgeot
    * Ninetales
    * Vileplume
    * Arcanine
    * Slowbro
    * Cloyster
    * Lapras
    * Crobat
    * Azurill
    * Politoed
    * Houndoom
    * Sceptile
    * Swellow
    * Gardevoir
    * Zangoose
    * Seviper
    * Metagross
    * Drifblim
    * Lucario
    * Gliscor
    * Gallade
    * Emboar
    * Zoroark
    * Braviary
    Last edited by Dylz; 5th December 2012 at 5:48 PM.

Okay just a question for all you shiny RE hunters out there, do you RE with your C-gear off or on?

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 94~}
    {~Most recent shiny : random shiny Wurmple(OR 1 RE!)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Well after much thought I've decided to just end my hunt for Mandibuzz. I just lost the motivation to continue and hate not knowing for sure if it can be shiny. So I will be moving onto Chargestone Cave for my Badge Quest! Really hoping for Joltik the most but Klink or Nosepass would be nice too. Gratz on the Kyurem, Snivasel and gratz on the Koffing Dylz :]

@lavaburst14 - I noticed the C-gear drains my DS's battery faster so I just keep it off.
    Last edited by Supremacy; 5th December 2012 at 6:37 PM.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Gratz on the Kyurem, Snivasel and gratz on the Koffing Dylz :]

Thanks, you on the Ariados :-D

Yes congrats to the 3/4 of you!

I just ran into a copy of Pokemon platinum!!
    which means I'll ( along with a copy of dream radar on my 3ds at Xmas ) be able to obtain two Giratinas?
    One of which can be SR'd !

What other pokes can be SR'd in platinum?

(( 18 Days to go ))

Page 47 of 948 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast