Page 5 of 894 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hey guys. I managed 845 SRs today, bringing my Kyogre total to 9,110 SRs. This hunt is starting to get very tiresome, but I watched some shiny Kyogre hunts on YouTube today to make me more motivated. I sure hope to get this thing soon. It looks like I will soon be in a 5 digit number hunt... Well good luck everyone and happy hunting! Good night!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

4,000 RE at Chargestone cave and still no shiny ! I'm hoping something shows soon.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Wow! Forget what I said earlier. Not even a full box into my huge batch of eggs, Wooper appeared at 335 eggs! Wooper.JPG
    This is totally unexpected, even though I already had 310 eggs hatched in Black. Female, Jolly nature and Damp, which isn't really great on Wooper, but at least I've avenged the loss of the first shiny I've ever encountered. My first MM hunt too, so I impressed, though I can say my luck has more than balanced itself out from that nasty Rayquaza hunt. That could be that last of my good luck for the year, though, but that's okay with me. Now I have to hatch over 300 more eggs to clean out my boxes. Good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wow! Forget what I said earlier. Not even a full box into my huge batch of eggs, Wooper appeared at 335 eggs! Wooper.JPG
    This is totally unexpected, even though I already had 310 eggs hatched in Black. Female, Jolly nature and Damp, which isn't really great on Wooper, but at least I've avenged the loss of the first shiny I've ever encountered. My first MM hunt too, so I impressed, though I can say my luck has more than balanced itself out from that nasty Rayquaza hunt. That could be that last of my good luck for the year, though, but that's okay with me. Now I have to hatch over 300 more eggs to clean out my boxes. Good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    That's great, congrats!

I've done my 15 Eevee encounters for the day...Which brings me to a total of 450 REs in the last 9 days This could be a long hunt...Hopefully things will pick up once I get a lot of this school work out of the way next week! On that note...Minimal progress on my paper, but I'm at least at the point of typing it. Will I squeeze 5 pages out of the pathetic amount of info I have? Stay tuned to find out!

I feel like I spend a lot of time working on this paper. But then I realize most of that time has been spent distracted. Then I realize all that distracted time could have just as well been shiny hunting time instead and it's disappointing =\

Now a question for everyone...When you find a shiny, do you opt to evolve it? Do you have any restrictions you set yourself, like not evolving your shiny unless you get a second shiny of it? Or do you not care at all and you just do whatever you feel like with it?

I feel like for the most part, I'll keep any shinies I find randomly as they are. So my Litwick will stay a Litwick...Which is fine, since I don't like Chandelure, and the shiny form of Chandelure is pretty lame IMO. However, while I'd ideally like to keep any shiny I find as it is until I get a second, it just doesn't seem very feasible for something like getting a shiny Umbreon which I want most right now, as it would require 2 shiny Eevees...Unless I have a really quick hunt, it's out of the question to try to get a second =\
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 6,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 4,600 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1,400 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I evolve my shinies all the way, unless it has a horrible nature, chances are ill hunt at the place i get it again so if i get a duplicate ill keep the second one in the stage it is

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Holy, I'm also doing my first MM. I'm at 400 Eggs.

But atm now doing Random Encounters, got 4k atm and going for 5k!

EDIT:

Holy crap! My first every RE hunted shiny just showed up!

A Piloswine at 4,330 Random Encounters! It has naive nature, not it's best nature. But 31 IV at special defence.

I'm so happy right now, I'm now going to look for a new route to hunt on.
    Last edited by Dylz; 15th November 2012 at 10:09 AM.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Hey everyone congrats you guys on your new shiny wooper and piloswine. I'm now a little over 2600 SR for Latios, I wish I can get some of Gustavos luck right about now!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Congrats on Wooper Gustavo and congrats to Dylz on Piloswine! Both very nice shinies.

Whilst I've been at work this morning I've managed to do 200 SR's. Will hopefully get another. 500 done at some point today. Please shine soon Registeel I wanna get started on the final hunt!

Best of luck everyone today. Let's do this!

Thanks stingray and dan2, I'm kinda lucky though. Didn't knew that swine had trash. I false swiped it and threw only one luxury ball. :3

Gl both on your SR shiny's, I hope one day I will have the patience to SR.

Time to finish my MM Taillow hunt. Gonna do 100 Eggs daily.
    Last edited by Dylz; 15th November 2012 at 11:11 AM.

Congrats on Wooper and Piloswine.

I've reached a total of 2500 RE's in Virbank Complex for a second shiny there, no idea when something will shine. Needless to say my luck has been drained after getting Kyurem and Magby a couple of nights ago, not complaing though.

I'm gonna do at least another 200 RE's before bed. Good luck everybody
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

Right now I'm at 640 SR for a shiny Turtwig on my BQ. Hope it shines soon!
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

So much time spenton getting shiny marill...
    UGH

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    Hey everyone congrats you guys on your new shiny wooper and piloswine. I'm now a little over 2600 SR for Latios, I wish I can get some of Gustavos luck right about now!
    Also SRing for Shiny Latios and no luck so far v.v I am at around 3500 SR. I'll try to get in another 500 today but that may be too much since I have a busy day ahead of me.
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

Congrats on the early Wooper!!

I hatched 100 more Spiritomb eggs last night - no luck. Dang.

I'm at 1,100 total eggs now, on my way up!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

I'm on my second ever MM hunt and decided to go for Ponyta because it has one of my favorite shiny sprites. 155 eggs hatched so far. I'm hoping it doesn't take as long as my Zorua hunt (1070 eggs) . Good luck/Congrats to everyone.
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

I am now up to 900 SR's for Regirock. Now that I am done with class and since I dont have to work tonight I will be SRing the rest of the day ^.^ I have a good feeling that it will shine for me today. Keep up the great work everyone and dont give up on your hunts
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

If it makes all of you feel better, through thousands of hours (i'd guess 1400 ~ 1500 hours spent through Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black and Black 2), I've NEVER encountered a shiny I could call my own!
    I had a shiny salamence through GTS which I traded for a hariyama (WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?) and have a shiny gyarados (but who doesn't have one by now?)
    Best of luck to everyone!

I am on another SR hunt (my 1st one in a while) for the Lake trio, in White2 :3
    Up to 500 on Mesprit.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

@sunnygowing-ive only had 1! i feel ur pain...
    but as u can see in my signature, i encountered another, but my game was on red and shut off.
    LIKE, REALLY

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Managed a measly 75 SRs on Lugia, but my total stands at 1,250 SRs. 2,000 by the weekend's end? Possibly, I'd need about 250 per day, starting from tomorrow.

How do some of you do 500 SRs on BW2 in one day? How many hours does it take to do so many?
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Now a question for everyone...When you find a shiny, do you opt to evolve it? Do you have any restrictions you set yourself, like not evolving your shiny unless you get a second shiny of it? Or do you not care at all and you just do whatever you feel like with it?
    It depends on the shiny. I bred my first Rufflet to stay unevolved, same with my Zorua, Archen and Tepig. In the case of my Ponyta, I evolved a chained one to register in my shiny Dex on my White and left my RE one alone because I think shiny Ponyta is a lot nicer. On the other hand, I evolved quite a few of my shinies once they were in White to get the shinies registered even though they were all untouched before, regardless of which shiny I liked the most.

Haven't been doing any shiny hunting since getting Kyurem. I've EV trained Kyurem, Cresselia, Regice and the Nature Preserve Haxorus and after jumping between routes I'm now level grinding them all on Route 18. There are some pretty shinies available on this route so I've got my fingers crossed!

Congrats on new shinies and good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Managed a measly 75 SRs on Lugia, but my total stands at 1,250 SRs. 2,000 by the weekend's end? Possibly, I'd need about 250 per day, starting from tomorrow.

How do some of you do 500 SRs on BW2 in one day? How many hours does it take to do so many?
    I probably average around 100 SRs an hour, depending on which game I'm playing. Gen 5 games take longer because of all the crap you have to sit through; launching or not launching cgear every time and then the season announcement, in case I forgot in the last minute : / really wish there were options to turn some features off.

I am currently MMing a (hopefully) female charmander in W2. not counting eggs or anything. just collect / hatch / release until something sparkles. hoping for a very quick hunt, because i had a very, very bad week and it's finally hitting me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Latios hunt is still going bad for me, I'm at 2820 SR right now with the shiny charm. I can get in about 85 to 90 SR done in an hour. Wish me luck everyone cuz I would love for this green Latios to show itself to me!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Today I did 100 Taillow eggs with MM'ing, and 530 Random Encounters, the first 330 brought me to a total of 4,330, where I got myself a Shiny Piloswine with 31 IV on special defence, and 200 extra on route 15. Hoping for a Gligar/Sandslash/Pupitar. Aiming to do 500 more tomorrow. Good night / Good luck all!

10,000 MM's for Marill...
    And my 9,789th egg and my 9,922egg were both shiny!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Taking break from hunts for like 2 weeks cause I got really impatient on that one. Then I'll get back to SRing Charmander. So happy! Good luck everyone!

Page 5 of 894 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast