Page 54 of 942 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 23549

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats on the snover kurt and on the zebstrika shiny lord.

As for me... COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE! I knew I needed to hatch the rest of my 300 eggs that I had stored up in my secret MM community hunt and it paid off!

After 277 eggs, shiny Lapras appeared! That's right! My secret target was Lapras! The long egg steps was awful, but this was such a quick hunt! (I actually had these eggs since the 1st). It is a Bashful nature and has the ability Shell Armor! Picture coming soon! Now to start my Eeveelution quest! I will get all shiny Eeveelutions (and no Glaceon will not count for the CH because I will not evolve any until I have all 8 and compare them)! Yay!

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!!!

Edit: Congrats Helio! Shiny Minncino is so cute! :3
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 8th December 2012 at 1:32 AM.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. ? 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #5- ? & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

... shiny Minccino has just appeared in White 2! O_O

Will add more in a minute.

Edit: Shiny Minccino is caught! She's female and Hasty natured, and she took a total of 3816 encounters to appear (or there about, because of the double battles).

Edit: Here's my Shiny Minccino video. You may notice DangerTrout that I'm using the Charmander you traded me in my team. ^.^

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Oh trust me... they tried. There were just no shiny Pachirisu to be found. but I love the one I got anyways. I love Pachirisu so much. I actually am going to see if my fiance can chain me 5 more one day (he got me the one I have now and she is perfect!)

As for my community mm hunt, I will be working on it mostly all day. I am basically now just sitting around waiting for final grades and a potential phone call or email for an interview for a job..

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!
    I guess there isn't much reason to assume that shiny plushies are made, but the fact that they bothered to try that is even more fantastic.

My CH for Articuno is suddenly losing my interest among the much more appealing shiny Baltoy(now 1300 RE's) and any route 207 shiny(now 1000 RE's), though I'm still trying for it. I'm not planning to give up on it, though I do have a vague feeling it might not show up until after the month ends but all this sudden stream of shinies is suddenly making more interested! Seriously, congrats to all of you, including Shiny Lord, getting a well deserved quick hunt!

As for the question on short and long hunts, shortest has to be my Wooper MM, at 335 eggs, while my longest without a doubt, is Rayquaza at just under 26000 SR's over a two month period(L and R buttons don't work on any of my DS'es, sadly).

As for the concern over the huge surge of posts with little progress, I agree it is a bit excessive(no activity while I'm on, then suddenly 3 or 4 pages while I'm off?). May I suggest maybe VM's to solve the problem? I mean, some conversation and discussion is a great part of this, otherwise this thread will lose the fun, but when it comes to posts that only offer longer conversations directed to only one person, VM's probably would be more appropriate. I know this sounds like minimodding, but I'm only proposing a solution. Anyway, I'm done with that, now good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Unhappy

First off, I wanna apologise if I'm one of the ones posting too much. I didn't find this club till November and everyone seemed to post at least once or multiple times a day, and so I thought thats just what you do and tried to post as much as I could if I had something to say. I stopped shiny hunting briefly after Latias so stopped posting, but now the CH has started and I have Marill, Snover and Charmander going, I started trying to post once a day so I'd feel as included as possible despite being a newbie, since I have no friends who shiny hunt also.
    I'm not sure when I should post now because I'm not good at forum/social stuff, but I'll try and keep it only to important updates, and maybe the odd unimportant ones... How often is good to post?

Anyways, since I am here I may as well update just to keep the post relevant, sorry if I'm just contributing to the problem more...
    I did 500 and something RE at Village Bridge today, can't check on phone but I put it in my sig earlier! Took me an hour or so to get used to it since my last 4 shinies were SR and my last (and only) RE shiny was in 2009, but I'm making progress now! Was going to move to Snover tomorrow but think I might try and reach at least 1000 RE while I'm enjoying it!

Good luck everyone else, and congrats on the Zebstrika, Snover, Lapras, Minccino and any other shinies I missed! I read all the pages but its hard on my phone to go back and check if I forgot to congratulate anyone!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 8th December 2012 at 5:05 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Nice crit capture on that Shiny Minccino, Helio!!!I am starting an MM for a Drifblim. Or I really want one, so I would accept anyone wanting to trade! Please!

~Current hunts are slow, really just scattered after such a short distance between shinies, though it was actually a while, haha. Well, GL to those hunting!

Also, I have decided that Bidoof is the worst possible shiny you might or could ever find in Pokemon history.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Well, there are ground rules.

- You must get a shiny prior to each gym. You don't need a shiny starter, My BQ hasn't got one.
    - You can hunt anywhere. You can hunt in one route more than once.

Also, that person mustn't know how challenging it is to be patient...
    Thanks

Wasn't sure, since it seemed like a lot of people in here were hunting strictly between gyms rather than backtracking.

As for the posting, I'll try to make sure mine are at 1 update/day. IIRC, most of my multiple posts/day are asking/answering a question or responding to someone or something. I might throw an update of my hunt while I'm posting something anyways, but it's not the main focus of my posts when I do that.

I can see how it would get annoying for checking CHs and stuff though. For me, I think it's more fun to have kind of a live-ish thing going on with people's hunts, rather than just having people post when they get a shiny...Kind of like how it's 'about the journey, not the destination' or whatever. Just seeing people post when they get a shiny seems kind of unexciting. I guess it's more relatable or something seeing other people post that they haven't caught their shiny yet, and then once they get it, it seems more rewarding since you've sort of been reading about the effort getting it in the first place as they go along.

That's just my opinion though.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 900 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,900 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,700 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Is it ok if we post our progress like once a page unless we get a shiny?
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Thank you gamer_legend for confirming that Kyurem can be shiny in Black 2. I have the shiny charm on that game so hopefully the hunt will be quick. Kyurem is a special shiny want for me as it was the first shiny I ever attempted to hunt(on my original Black cartridge, I gave up after three weeks of SRing) and when it shines it'll be my first SR shiny. Currently at 663 SR's. As for my shortest hunts:
    MM-Purrloin 518 eggs
    RE-Pidove-2465 encounters.
    Best of luck to everyone as always!
    EDIT: Forgot to metion that I took a quick break to beat Colress and get a Master Ball-when Kyurem shines I'm not going to let it struggle itself to death or anything idiotic like that I'm just going to use it.
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 8th December 2012 at 9:22 AM.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Hey all.

Congratulations to the shiny Manaphy (what amazing luck and dedication there!), StingrayKurt's Snover, Kitty's Lapras, ShinyLord's Zebstrika, Helio's Minccino, and any other shiny success stories that have happened in the meantime! Keep it up! Also, happy belated birthday to both The Master and Kitty, and hopefully all is alright with you, Dangertrout...

So, I'm posting because ... I JUST CAUGHT A SHINY! My first one since my twin Minccino on September 24th and 25th or whatever! Wow, it looked so vibrant coming into focus!

Okay, so I was doing a lot of REing as I was playing through Black 2. I'd move on in the story and collect another badge or whatever, and I'd always go back to this particular route and RE for a bit before I went to sleep or whatever. However, just because we all want a short hunt or a quick shiny doesn't mean we always get it, and as the encounters began to add up, I decided that more and more I wanted to get the Shiny Charm, and so ...

I began to play a lot of different Pokemon games to snag all the Pokemon I needed. Some of them proved to be a little difficult or time consuming, but I got there in the end! My theory about the shiny charm is that it's a personal thing, and I think that I like the idea of any help I can get to have a shiny appear. It's not as if I haven't caught my fair share of REs, SRs, hunted and hatched shinies at all of their respectable odds in the past, and I'm not getting any younger, and hey, it gave me incentive to work on completing my second ever Pokedex.

So, basically I ended up finishing the dex, and I went and saved in front of Professor Juniper, and talked to her, almost expecting her not to give me the charm, just because I thought there was probably some oversight I hadn't taken into account. But sure enough, she handed me that charm almost too eagerly. That was on Thursday night. After that, I excitedly hunted and hunted into the wee hours, even though I had somewhere to be the next morning. But nothing shone. And nothing shone yesterday or last night, either. It's now 7:47 at night here, so it took quite a lot of the day to finally appear.

So, the total encounters on this game were 6692 without the charm, 1829 with the shiny charm, and a total of 8521 encounters for something to appear. Now, I would have been happy with pretty much anything from this route, but this wasn't my first or second choice. However, do I care? Nope!!!

Anyway, my next hunt ... is a good question. Should I try my first CH? Maybe I should hatch for an Ice type ...? I have so many hunts I wanted to do, and I still haven't really finished my current hunt, so I will have to make some decisions.

Also, as promised, here are those pics of those two Minccino, finally!

It might not look it, but Cinccino is actually quite a nice looking shiny, really. When you see two of them on the screen together, you do notice the difference for sure.

I'm so happy right now! Good luck, hunters!

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

My first ever shiny legendary has finally shone! Lugia, and no other surprise can surpass this one!

So, upstairs in my room, and I was wondering if it would shine today, after the influx of all the magnificent shinies.

...It did!

After 5,021 SRs, at around 11:50PM, it rolled across my screen. I felt absolutely bewildered and in another dimension! I tried a Premier Ball first, but that got three shakes before failing. I chucked the Master Ball (not risking anything!!) and I am here with it in my grasp!

Spoiler:- The Summary :

Spoiler:- That's shiny for sure!:

Spoiler:- Shoot me merry, that's beautiful!:

I will finally leave with photos of Makuhita too!:

Spoiler:- Well, that was Onixpected!:

Spoiler:- Yup, that's a nice close up:
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Awesome! Good work buddy! Lugia is such a great looking shiny so I'm pretty damn jealous!

Also congrats to shiny lord, helio and the others I've missed. There's been so many I always almost immediately forget :-/

Still not feeling too good but I'll be hitting the game hard later tonight to catch up a little on some hunts. Best of luck this weekend guys.

Congratiez on the shiny Lugia, shiny Skorupi, and anyone I have missed~! Skorupi and Lugia are 2 of my favorite shinies~! Gl to everyone on their hunts!

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Great job! That is so cool! Love your new shinies, and the pun," Onixpected." Hehe. My hunts are boring. I think I might play through my LeafGreen again and see if I find anything in their while collecting for the Nat. Dex. Wish me luck, I guess, sort of.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

I got Pokemon Black 2 so now I can hunt in Virbank to get me a shiny Magby to go with my shiny Elekid.
    I'm gonna put my MM on hold, I'm going to RE for now... hatching eggs is always a hassle for me and I was even lucky to get two of my MM targets when I was about to quit.
    Good luck everyone!

Been SRing all day for Kyurem with the shiny charm. 1,025 SR's and nothing. Congrats on the Lugia, I'm going to bed now.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

I would be hunting, but I need to beat the Pokemon League on White 2. And I cannot find it :3. Maybe I should go back to volcarona...

Saaatoshi!

Currently on 2.4k Random encounters, passed the odds with the Shiny Charm. I want that Growlithe to shine because I love shiny Arcanine.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

In terms of rules surrounding posting: I know some of you want this to be like a chat room, but that's not what this is.
    Which is why I'm asking that you post your progress only once a day if you have nothing to report. Answering questions is fine. Posting extra when you get shinies is fine. Posting at 3am to say you're at 600 SRs with no shinies, and then again 5 hours later to say you're at 1,000 SRs with no shinies is not fine. Those are the posts I'm trying to get rid of. Once a day, good. More than that, bad.
    I know serebii has some chatroom things, but I've never used them. Try asking one of the mods about the rules surrounding starting a chatroom, since I know nothing about them and can't really help with that. Whoever decides to take on that task, good luck and hope you get it up and running =)

I finally finished determining which pokemon I own and which I need to replace. I have too many shinies >.< I think I need to chuck some of the duplicates to make room for new species. o.O
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Okay.
    And would love to take some shinies off of your hands!!! I have a Gengar I'd love to trade, that is shiny! I have some DWF for trade! Ooooohhhh! i would love to trade for a shiny! Got a Charmander or a shiny starter or anything that looks cool! A drifblim? I have lots for offer and i would enjoy getting one! Thank you!!!

So it's been a while since I've posted mainly because I've been busy with some other stuff and I have not found a shiny recently...until this morning!

So after a crap ton of RE (I stopped counting after like 11,000 I think) I finally found my 3rd shiny on my badge quest- Spearow! ^_^

Encounter

Summary

I was really getting bored with this hunt and had changed my hunting location about 7 times. =/ It wasn't the exact shiny I wanted but I'm glad something finally decided to shine so I can move on with my badge quest. So now I'm on to hunting for a shiny Pinsir at the game corner and feels like it's going pretty fast since I get to see 3 at a time.

I'm also at 1,700 encounters at Route 18 on my White 2 hoping for a Scrafty, Crustle or Tropius. Also congrats to KittyKitty3308, Heliotrope, AquaRegisteel, Shiny Lord, Zane Clarthy and anyone I missed on their recent shiny success.
    Leaf Green Badge Quest

I might do a dual hunt once in a while. (With Ruby And Black2.) Gotta find a nice route on ruby though. Any suggestions?

So guys congrats to Kitty, Helio, Aqua,Shinylord, zane and zenn. Lots of my friends getting their desired shiny, i would like to think mine would shine now too. I agree with dangertrout, there are some people abusing their 'freedom' its annoying when you wake up and go to this thread and see 3 new pages. Most being updates 'did 10 res' etc. Then to the people who get a shiny, i sometimes forget to congratulate due to spam. Anyway, i try to stick to 1 per day but sometimes 2. My current mm is at a acceptable 1500 eggs, this is uncharted territory for me now.... Gl!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Still hunting for shiny charmander using MM & SC

I bred and hatched 1350 eggs without luck

I'll try tomorrow even when I think it won't appear

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

After a stupid number of 2773, I found the worse shiny ever. Welcome Patrat.

I wanted a Shiny Growlithe, but I got a Shiny Patrat.

=\ Ohwell, atleast a shiny...

Quote Originally Posted by x.a.x View Post
    Still hunting for shiny charmander using MM & SC

I bred and hatched 1350 eggs without luck

I'll try tomorrow even when I think it won't appear
    You know after the whole shiny Manaphy thing I'm thinking there really is no mountain you can't conquer x.a.x

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    After a stupid number of 2773, I found the worse shiny ever. Welcome Patrat.

I wanted a Shiny Growlithe, but I got a Shiny Patrat.

=\ Ohwell, atleast a shiny...
    I love the fact the most disappointing encounter is the shiny patrat instead of the countless regular patrat and growlithe you met on the way. ;-) Hang tough Dylan.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Page 54 of 942 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast