Page 55 of 948 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 23678

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Does this mean you'll be changing routes now dylz?

Congrats on latest but also commiserations!

Also.... ((16 days to go ))

Still not switching routes, I'll stay there. Patrat has the lowest percentage to encounter, just like koffing. And still I got them both shiny. (Wish I had that luck with the Metang... That I still don't got.) Growlithe shouldn't be that hard.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

I found a pretty dang cool video you guys should ALL check out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9S0nVuS_t4

I know the uploader... he's pretty happy right now!

Spoiler:- My shinies:

Oh Spiritomb is a damn nice shiny Congrats
    Up to 1800-1900 SR on my Regirock hunt and yet it refuses to shine :x
    3DS FC: 2036 - 7438 - 6637

Hm, I saw a OW shiny Haxorus straight away when i got to Nature Preserve, then a shiny Noctowl at the grass straight after with 794 encounters.... o.O WOW that place should be called Shiny Preserve XD I named my shiny Noctowl as Amaroho - Amarilyo + Roho/Yellow and red in Spanish nya~

Isn't haxorus ALWAYS shiny in the preserve?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    In terms of rules surrounding posting: I know some of you want this to be like a chat room, but that's not what this is.
    Which is why I'm asking that you post your progress only once a day if you have nothing to report. Answering questions is fine. Posting extra when you get shinies is fine. Posting at 3am to say you're at 600 SRs with no shinies, and then again 5 hours later to say you're at 1,000 SRs with no shinies is not fine. Those are the posts I'm trying to get rid of. Once a day, good. More than that, bad.
    ^
    everyone, please read that.

If any of you are still posting unnecessary progress reports, I might start counting them as SPAM and delete them.

If I recall correctly, there was a shiny club in the past that got closed because of all the SPAM. You want this one to get closed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by syrrume View Post
    Isn't haxorus ALWAYS shiny in the preserve?
    Yes, it is

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Thanks for those who congratulated me, guys!

And congrats on the Lugia, AquaRegisteel, the Spearow, Zenn, and the Patrat, Dylz. Patrat ain't a bad shiny, so be happy!

I caught another shiny, like about two hours ago!!! It appeared after 602 encounters on Victory Road. I always wanted to get one, and I've hatched for it in Black and White, and also tried to encounter for it, but had no success, and then on another occasion I got a different shiny to shine instead.

After I EV trained and evolved Skorpios, I went to Victory Road with a new target in mind, and hunted as much as I could last night before I felt too tired. So, I put the game in sleep mode, and started hunting again the next morning. Nothing appeared, so I saved the game and resetted it. After around 45 minutes of encounters, I was thinking I should probably get up soon, and wasn't really looking at the screen when I heard that familiar noise. It literally startled me because I wasn't prepared for it or even thinking about it, so I kind of jumped.

It was a female, and the nicknames I had in mind were for a male, so I had to try and find something that fits and also something I'm happy with.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9648/1000814a.jpg
    http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/9348/1000815g.jpg
    http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/964/1000816s.jpg

So, yeah, I'm quite happy, for sure. I've already started collecting eggs for my next hunt. I can only collect 60 of them before my boxes are filled, though. After that, I will probably do the CH. Finally. And then I should either need to hunt something else I've always wanted, or really need to start on a new game in my backlog and have a bit of a break from Pokemon. I mean, not a long break, but I need to focus on other games sometimes, because otherwise they're neglected.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Wow congrats Zane you have been quite the shiny assassin this weekend!
    As for me I'm almost done hatchingnthe rest of my snover eggs then I'm off to my next hunt..... Kyurem! Wish me luck that it's a really quick one!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    I found a pretty dang cool video you guys should ALL check out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9S0nVuS_t4

I know the uploader... he's pretty happy right now!

Congrats...When I first read that, I thought you actually "knew" the uploader to know how happy he was...Kinda slow on that one X]

Congrats on the other shinies too; Noctowl, Cottonee, and Patrat are the ones I can recall, but any others as well...And I agree on the Patrat, would be a pretty disappointing shiny if I ever got one. But hey, I'll still accept *1* wild shiny Patrat encounter if I catch it. Good luck with Growlithe; I'd like one as well! Hope you don't end up with another Patrat instead >_>

Good luck on everyone's hunts.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Updated rules in OP for clarity:
    *Rule #1: Keep the number of posts per page at a reasonable number. (Ideally, one post per page that you edit with additional comments)
    *Rule #2: Limit posts that are only progress updates to once per day (unless you got your shiny after your update)
    *Rule #3: No discussion on the VALUE of shiny pokemon or methods that reduce the odds of obtaining a shiny.

As for the spam discussion: there is a simple way to avoid spamming, even by accident. Post once on a page, and then EDIT it whenever you want to add something. Then no one can accuse you of spamming, and you can update your progress as much as you like as long as it's in ONE post on a page.
    The edit button is located at the bottom right of your post.

Now, a mod has spoken on the issue already, and I've clarified the rules accordingly. We are not changing the rules, so there is nothing more to say on this topic. If you have more comments on what constitutes spamming or why you think you should be allowed to spam, don't post it here. You can VM me your concerns instead.
    Now as much as I understand the whole editing thing instead of adding more posts...How many people REALLY scroll up/click on previous pages to look for edits?
    Last edited by Cpchris; 9th December 2012 at 8:49 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Here are a couple ideas:

1) A chatbox for shiny hunters
    2) Blogs (So everyone could update their own blogs, and their friends will see the updates and even might to comment.)
    3) Let the spam continue, and let the completed community hunts be PM'ed to Dangertrout
    4) Or don't spam at all.

Gonna continue my hunt for growlithe, currently on 100 random encounters.

Honestly, the current rules are fine as they are. People have definitely been abusing it lately and for a mod to come in and warn us about a possible thread closure should be the catalyst for people to calm it down a bit. It's not imperative to inform everyone about a few hundred unsuccessful RE's every hour or so. The main focus of this thread, I believe, is to share in completing our hunts, encourage people who have gone over the odds and maybe have a one off daily update on how your hunts are going.

That being said I still haven't continued on my BQ this week. Thought I'd be feeling better but with that and working a lot I've had no time.
    Congrats to Zenn on 2 shinies in 2 days and well done to everyone else. Here's hoping Sunday can be lucky for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    Honestly, the current rules are fine as they are. People have definitely been abusing it lately and for a mod to come in and warn us about a possible thread closure should be the catalyst for people to calm it down a bit. It's not imperative to inform everyone about a few hundred unsuccessful RE's every hour or so. The main focus of this thread, I believe, is to share in completing our hunts, encourage people who have gone over the odds and maybe have a one off daily update on how your hunts are going.
    I always tell my progress in the morning and in the evening. And now and then I congrats people, say I got a shiny or answering questions.

Even that is to much. And almost no one spams, I can't even think about one, the main reason that the thread is "fully spammed" is because of the shiny hunters, there are a lot of them.

Or is that only my opinion?

Starting my hunt on growlithe today, hope it spawns soon like my Ditto, Clefairy or Drifblim. (Which I didn't caught.)

Congrats on the shiny Spiritomb and Skorupi. And congrats to all other new shinies. ^_^

As you can see from my avatar I'm hunting for a shiny Frillish next in my White 2 badge quest; it's a shiny I've been wanting to hunt for since I started my BQ. I don't particularly care which gender shines, because they both look great. I'm at just over 1000 encounters so far.

I'm also at 18,000 encounters in my Heart Gold badge quest. Come on, someone shine already! u_u

Good luck guys.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Updated rules in OP for clarity:
    *Rule #1: Keep the number of posts per page at a reasonable number. (Ideally, one post per page that you edit with additional comments)
    *Rule #2: Limit posts that are only progress updates to once per day (unless you got your shiny after your update)
    *Rule #3: No discussion on the VALUE of shiny pokemon or methods that reduce the odds of obtaining a shiny.

As for the spam discussion: there is a simple way to avoid spamming, even by accident. Post once on a page, and then EDIT it whenever you want to add something. Then no one can accuse you of spamming, and you can update your progress as much as you like as long as it's in ONE post on a page.
    The edit button is located at the bottom right of your post.

Now, a mod has spoken on the issue already, and I've clarified the rules accordingly. We are not changing the rules, so there is nothing more to say on this topic. If you have more comments on what constitutes spamming or why you think you should be allowed to spam, don't post it here. You can VM me your concerns instead.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Congrats on all the recent shinies everybody!!

I really haven't been hunting much recently because I was playing through my Black 2. Then, I was working a lot on my Join Avenue to get a nursery and to get it to level 10. Then, I had to get the shiny charm (that took forever!). And I think now that I am finally able to hunt.

I did some SR's on my Black 2 for Kyurem and on my Jap. White for Cresselia because I have the shiny charm in both, but that got boring really quick, so I have decided to change my hunt to Tepig in Black 2.

I have always wanted Tepig, and I plan on using it for my shiny team. I hope I get a quick hunt!!

On a side note...
    I do think that people need to limit their post here. You do not need to post here every few hours to say that you completed 500 more encounters and you hope it appears within the next X number of encounters. You only need to post here once a day (unless you get a shiny). I know people want a chatroom. Try to get one yourself and don't bug others to get it for you. If the current trend continues of people posting so much and disobeying the rules of this thread, I do think a mod needs to step in and stop that.

^Thank you Dangertrout for trying to limit these posts^
    MY SHINY POKÉMON

Leaf Green :: SR RE SR
    Ruby :: SR
    Heart Gold :: RE RE SR
    Black :: MM RE RE MM RE
    White 2 / Black 2 :: Random RE RE SR
    X :: FS FS Horde FS MM FS FS FS MM Random MM MM MM MM
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts ::

So.. One Update Post A Day? And We Can Post Again If We Have Any Shinys? Ok...

59 Eggs On My Growlithe MM. 45 SR's On Volcarona. Just Realized I Have A Thing For Yellow Shiny Pokemon. Shinx, Scizor, Volcarona, Pidgey, Swablu, Groudon, Abra, Growlithe, ETC.

Saaatoshi!

Well, hello again guys. I don't bring news of a shiny, but I bring news of a new hunt.

I have begun REing on Route 35 again, as my old Badge Quest never gave me anything from here. I am already at 900 REs, hoping for a shiny within 3,500 encounters. Again, I am hoping for NidoranM to shine, but I can take anything from this route.

Meanwhile, congrats on the amazing Spiritomb and Skorupi! Thye look great.

Also, I have recently discovered that the Jellicent in Undella Bay in BW2 cannot be shiny, according to an RNGer.
    That sucks a load. I would love a green Jellicent...

Gustavo, it doesn't apply for Braviary/Mandibuzz. There are plenty of videos of Braviary being SRed as shiny.
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 9th December 2012 at 6:24 PM.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Also, I have recently discovered that the Jellicent in Undella Bay in BW2 cannot be shiny, according to an RNGer.
    That sucks a load. I would love a green Jellicent...
    Wait, so would that presumably apply to the Braviary/Mandibuzz on Route 4 as well? Because that would be disappointing. Okay, thanks! Now I wonder why Jellicent is the one that can't be SR'ed for...Oh, well. It's not like Damp is a great ability on Jellicent anyway, though I still wonder.

And, there's been tons of shinies recently, so congrats to all of you! I'm especially jealous of Zane's Skorupi and Cottonee, as they're both fantastic shinies. And no, I have no shiny to report, though it would be nice to get Articuno soon. The lesson I've learned is to not take on too many hunts at once. >.<
    It's far more tiresome to handle than I thought, though it is nice being able to shuffle between games to help deal with the boredom a bit. I also haven't given a progress update recently, so I may as well include that: 1350 RE's in Route 207, and 2100 RE's in Relic Castle. Finally have some real progress in them, and I'm hoping to get more done in Route 207, along with Articuno. That's all I've got today, so good luck on those hunts everyone!
    Last edited by Psynergy; 9th December 2012 at 6:58 PM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I seriously haven't posted on here in a month I apologize to everyone for that. I haven't had the time to play Pokemon much. I haven't done a shiny hunt in weeks. I am gonna start playing again though, and picking back up with my hunts. My job, and getting Black Ops 2 took away a lot of my Pokemon time, but im gonna fit in time for Pokemon again.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Hey everyone! I have the Lapras picture that I promised! Here it is:

132224.jpg

As some may know and others may not, I am now working on my own little quest. I am working on getting 8 shiny Eevee, one for each Eeveelution and one to just stay an Eevee. :3 I am currently on my first one (obviously) and have done 130/330 eggs on it since getting my Lapras on the 7th.

Congrats on everyone who has gotten their shinies recently, good luck to those who have been hunting for ages, and happy hunting everyone!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. (Dec 28) 7. ? 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #7- Wailmer & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Well after 3246 REs I finally get a shiny on my BQ!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/.../isosystem.jpg

I got this on Friday but I couldn't post until now. Its been nearly a month since I've gotten a shiny on this BQ thanks to Mandibuzz but I'm glad that this shiny didn't go over the odds! :] I'm now hunting in Relic Passage for mostly Woobat or Gurdurr but Onix or a 2nd Boldore would be ok too. Lots of shinies lately but gratz on them all and good luck everyone.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Congrats on your shiny Klink! Such a cool shiny! You deserved a quick hunt after all your time and effort put in for Mandibuzz! Your catching up to me!

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Well after 3246 REs I finally get a shiny on my BQ!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/.../isosystem.jpg

I got this on Friday but I couldn't post until now. Its been nearly a month since I've gotten a shiny on this BQ thanks to Mandibuzz but I'm glad that this shiny didn't go over the odds! :] I'm now hunting in Relic Passage for mostly Woobat or Gurdurr but Onix or a 2nd Boldore would be ok too. Lots of shinies lately but gratz on them all and good luck everyone.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Default Community Hunt Complete!!

After only 568 eggs my shiny Lapras hatched making this my shortest hunt yet. I wasn't expecting it to shine so soon so I have almost two full boxes of eggs. http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...pras1.jpg.html

Now to resume my ponyta hunt! Congrats to all the recent shinies. There seems to have been a lot lately. Good luck to everyone else.
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

Currently on 1k random encounters, calling it a day.

Good night everyone, and good luck with shiny hunting. :3

Hope that Growlithe shines tomorrow! :-(

Page 55 of 948 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast