Page 56 of 887 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 22168

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

8,500 encounters at Relic Castle... So I'm officially over the odds for the first time in my badge quest... Hopefully not too long now before something shows up! Congrats to all recent shinies!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

5,200 SRs

Reached 2,030 soft resets in my shiny Moltres hunt in SoulSilver. Kind of dreading how long this can potentially take at this point, and am losing my initial drive. Will keep on regardless.
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Now I wonder why Jellicent is the one that can't be SR'ed for...Oh, well. It's not like Damp is a great ability on Jellicent anyway, though I still wonder.
    Apparently Eevee (the gift one in Castelia) and Deerling (the gift one in the weather institute on Route 6) cannot shine either.
    Doesn't matter for me, though. The Eevee seems to be gender locked into male, and most Eeveelutions looks more feminine at least to me, which doesn't suit a male gender. And both Deerling & Sawsbuck's shiny color sucks

Anyway, still SR-ing Kyurem for the CH. Though unlike most of you, I didn't count how many resets I've done.....I'm just going to see how many days it takes
    Congrats to everyone who just recently obtained a shiny, especially if it's for the CH

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

2,000 RE now at Route 14. I'm lagging behind on random encounters due to University work/studying for exams!
    Last edited by Shiny Lord; 10th December 2012 at 5:45 AM.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

I'm going to start MMing for a Eevee tomorrow, I'm hoping for a shine before 1,00 eggs but with my luck that won't happen.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

I like the idea of a chatroom or similar for the more spammy frequent posts, but as someone said, if we want one make it ourselves, and sadly I have no idea how!

Anyways, I'm nearly at 2000 RE now and I've come to realise I can't do more than 1 hunt at a time cause I get so addicted to one and forget the others! I really want to just RE every second but I might force myself tomorrow to empty out my boxes and boxes of Charmanders and collect some Snover eggs, maybe a few Charmanders too. I want to get at least 3 boxes full! Then I'll RE again, hehehe.
    I keep getting paranoid I'll miss one though, especially because the camera moves a lot in 5th gen and Marill is so small it sometimes hides off screen in double encounters. I'm getting in the habit of making sure I check both Pokémon before running but I sometimes forget... So nerve wracking!

Congrats on the Spiritomb, Noctowl, Cottonee, Skorupi, Lugia, Klink, Lapras, Spearow, Patrat and anything else I forgot. And good luck everyone else!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 10th December 2012 at 5:53 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Good morning all.

I have no clue where I am in terms of number of REs. I know I hit 500, but I can't remember if I did any more or went to sleep, so I'll just stick with having done 500. And I've stopped battling the Pokemon in question, as just running is more efficient.

Congrats to everybody with recent shinies!
    Last edited by DJMonty; 10th December 2012 at 7:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    I like the idea of a chatroom or similar for the more spammy frequent posts, but as someone said, if we want one make it ourselves, and sadly I have no idea how!
    I requested one, I even made one. (Not a awesome one, just a standard one.)
    But now I am waiting for the approval of the mods of this board. (First I asked Serebii, he said I had to ask the mods on this board.)

If this all goes right, I'll ask Dangertrout to put the link in the topic, if things doesn't go right, then idk. :3

I'm awake, time for more shiny growlithe hunting!

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

The only shiny I have is Tympole, I was in Pinwheel forest in white 2 and I randomly stepped upon a wild shiny tympole. Though he is low leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by telivisionhead View Post
    The only shiny I have is Tympole, I was in Pinwheel forest in white 2 and I randomly stepped upon a wild shiny tympole. Though he is low leveled.
    sorry....that would be N's Tympole, not a shiny

Tympole is not available in the wild in B2 and W2, with N's Tympole being the only exception.

Besides, how can you mistake a normal Tympole for a shiny one?
    I mean, the shiny one is orange, not blue

And the "shine" is different too. A real shiny's "shine" is a bunch of blue small stars, not yellow hexagonal....things

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

YES!

After only 1,272 Random Encounters, I got myself a Shiny Growlithe! What a beauty! Its Serious nature, which I don't care because I only use it for ingame purpose! :-D

Time to train it and get the awesome moveset of Arcanine! I'm so happy right now!

Wow congrats Dylz!

That's a fairly short-ish hunt

Oh oh and BTW (( 14 days to go ))

Edit: OMG DYLZ that'sINCREDIBLE!!!!

thats totaly thanks to me congratulating you

I predict a 3rd shiny after just 600 RE
    Last edited by syrrume; 10th December 2012 at 2:23 PM.

Yeah I know right. :-D

Now it's time to switch routes and go to Giant Chasm Plains.

I'm gonna hunt for a Shiny Metang. (Again...) Shiny Metang was my first hunt, and got 7 Shiny Encounters and not even 1 Metang! (Even had Magnet Pull)
    Now I'm gonna hunt again, and hope for Metang. (And a Delibird to finish the community hunt would be awesome too.)

wish me luck to get another dream shiny!

Edit: OH MY GOD! THIS IS INCREDIBLE!

Just a few hours ago I got a awesome shiny, Growlithe. Evolved to Arcanine.
    And now just a few minutes ago I got a shiny Metang! Quirky nature but idc. :-D :-D

+ My shortest hunt ever with a astonishing 147 random encounters!

This is my most lucky shiny day!

Now gonna hunt at Reversal mountain, will I get a 3rd shiny today? =D
    Last edited by Dylz; 10th December 2012 at 1:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Yeah I know right. :-D

Now it's time to switch routes and go to Giant Chasm Plains.

I'm gonna hunt for a Shiny Metang. (Again...) Shiny Metang was my first hunt, and got 7 Shiny Encounters and not even 1 Metang! (Even had Magnet Pull)
    Now I'm gonna hunt again, and hope for Metang. (And a Delibird to finish the community hunt would be awesome too.)

wish me luck to get another dream shiny!

Edit: OH MY GOD! THIS IS INCREDIBLE!

Just a few hours ago I got a awesome shiny, Growlithe. Evolved to Arcanine.
    And now just a few minutes ago I got a shiny Metang! Quirky nature but idc. :-D :-D

+ My shortest hunt ever with a astonishing 147 random encounters!

This is my most lucky shiny day!

Now gonna hunt at Reversal mountain, will I get a 3rd shiny today? =D
    O.O Oh... Emm... Gee! Throw me your luck man! That is incredible! I didn't really like shiny Growlithe's sprite until I watched a video of someone getting one in a double grass with a normal one and it was actually so pretty. :3 And man! For you to RE BOTH of your desired targets in one day is just amazing! Shiny Metang is just so beautiful. :3 You're making me want to hunt in Virbank and the Giant Chasm now. But I must continue with these Eevee! I might do the repel trick in the park on one and just MM on the other. Yes... I might just do that today for a little while. (It's not like I will ever run out of money in this game.)

Happy hunting everyone and I hope you all have luck like Dylz!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Congrats to Dylz and everyone else with shinies recently. Two shinies in one day is awesome!

Currently at 500 REs myself for my Gastly. I'll do as many as I can today, but I doubt I'll do many.

Just a quick question: What do you all do while shiny hunting? Focus solely on the game, watch a film, etc.?

I spent the better part of yesterday EV training my newly hatched Spiritomb, and realized I never uploaded photos and stats, only the video.

Below are the stats and Pokecheck for it.

Newly hatched Spiritomb:

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...ritombLive.jpg

Stats and Pokecheck (with certain identifiers removed):

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...bPokecheck.jpg

I'm thinking Zorua may be next for a Masuda Method hunt - I've always wanted one and think it's a great looking final evolution.

Good luck to all!!

EDIT: The Pokedex iOS app JUST came out for iPhone and iPad - I'm checking it out now and included a few screen shots below!!

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...PokedexiOS.png

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...t/ZoruaiOS.png
    Last edited by YNCRN; 10th December 2012 at 4:01 PM.
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by DJMonty View Post
    Congrats to Dylz and everyone else with shinies recently. Two shinies in one day is awesome!

Currently at 500 REs myself for my Gastly. I'll do as many as I can today, but I doubt I'll do many.

Just a quick question: What do you all do while shiny hunting? Focus solely on the game, watch a film, etc.?
    I browse internet / listen to podcasts (usually Stuff You Should Know or Thrilling Adventure Hour) / watch TV.
    Sometimes I focus on the game, but thats usually just for short periods when I'm trying to time myself on something

@Dylz, if you get your chatroom up and running, put the link in your sig. Not everyone looks at the OP, but in your sig it will probably end up on every page of the thread.

My roomie convinced me to keep going with my Smoochum hunt. At 1001 eggs hatched (darn, first hunt that will go over the odds).
    It's been going very slowly because managing this thread has been sucking up all my free time. (Not that there's much free time, with school almost over and arranging surgery and xmas coming and work. Life is too busy!)
    Hopefully people start following rules so I can focus on my hunts again in the little time I have to play.

@YNCRN, go for an Ice type for the CH!
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

wow so many shinies in these last few days! Congrats all especially Dylz who is being extremelly lucky with RE (please share some of that luck with the rest of us )

Hatched more than 1100 Snorunt eggs for the CH. I really do hope this wont be another long hunt...but I wont give up, I have the whole December Good luck to all
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

This is my 3rd or 4th time that I get 2 shinies a day. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    @Dylz, if you get your chatroom up and running, put the link in your sig. Not everyone looks at the OP, but in your sig it will probably end up on every page of the thread.
    Alright, I got it up. Few days ago to be exactly. It's not an awesome chat but it is usable. Link will be provided in under 5 minutes. I will be giving away MOD status to a few that are trust worthy. I'm not expecting that the chat is gonna be very active, but I'll expect that now and then a conversation will be held. :3

Chat is up, already a few people. I hope this reduces the spam in the thread.

You guys think I'm lucky now? My Girlfriend is getting me White 2 with Christmas. I'll be transfering all my Pokémon to it and receive another Shiny charm. I'll be dual hunting like crazy! I'm gonna use my White 2 as my regular storage rom, and Black 2 as my masuda method and shiny storage rom :3

OT: Currently on 500 Random Encounters, I doubt that I will have a shiny today again.
    Last edited by Dylz; 11th December 2012 at 9:00 AM.

I pretty much focus solely on the game, but it's more because of my particular hunt. Since I have to use the repel trick to look for Eevees, it uses up super repels, and since (unlike Kitty ) I don't have unlimited money (maybe around 200k-300k), I have to try to stay in one spot when I move and just change direction. So that requires basically all my attention when I do it...I can't just go back and forth and watch something while I'm doing it or I'd be broke in a day

But when I'm hunting, I also go on the internet and do stuff, it's just that I can't do anything simultaneously while I'm hunting...Which is partly why I don't get much hunting done :\

Congrats on the Metang, that's some awesome luck you've got, especially since both those shinies are awesome!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 2,600 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#13) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 800 HBs
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I just got my first ever shiny on Pokemon Diamond it was a Female Shiny Ralts with Impish nature, it is a shame cause I was trying to get a Shiny Male ralts with Jolly nature or adament nature. I am still happy non the less. I don't know am I aloud to advertise trade in this thread? sorry if I am not. But I would love a shiny male ralts with jolly nature if anyone wants to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    I pretty much focus solely on the game, but it's more because of my particular hunt. Since I have to use the repel trick to look for Eevees, it uses up super repels, and since (unlike Kitty ) I don't have unlimited money (maybe around 200k-300k), I have to try to stay in one spot when I move and just change direction. So that requires basically all my attention when I do it...I can't just go back and forth and watch something while I'm doing it or I'd be broke in a day

But when I'm hunting, I also go on the internet and do stuff, it's just that I can't do anything simultaneously while I'm hunting...Which is partly why I don't get much hunting done :\

Congrats on the Metang, that's some awesome luck you've got, especially since both those shinies are awesome!
    That is basically the amount I have, but then think about it. If you have the amulet coin, you can rematch breeders an unlimited amount of times and get double money. Plus there is rematches of the Elite 4, Morimoto in Castelia City, and then the almighty Abyssal Ruins. That is what I meant by unlimited money. If you run out of repels and money, it is soooo easy to get more.

And I definitely did not know how long it took to find a flipping Eevee using the repel trick! Ugh! I am also running around in the same spot (probably looking like an idiot to the guy watching me in the park!) He is probably yelling at me saying "What are you doing crazy lady?!?!" and my response would be "I'm hunting a shiny Eevee! You don't know how hard these things are to get and I can't waste any steps! Super repels are expensive you know!!!" and his response would probably be "...???"

But I would suggest doing those things above if you run out of money for super repels. Good luck!

And I am glad your roommate told you to stick with your Smoochum hunt Dangertrout. You have to participate in the CH, you know. JK Once you get your Smoochum are you going to be going back to your crazy Female Charmander hunt?

Anyways, good luck everyone and I will be updating my signature tonight with my total eggs and REs done today for Eevee. Happy hunting everyone!

EDIT: OH MY ARCEUS!!!! I have gotten my first shiny Eevee! And it was by RE in Castelia Park, not by MM!! I just started REing in the Park today! This is my first RE shiny on my White 2 and I will only count the number of RE it took for the hunt itself, not the total I have on my trainer card. Therefore, this hunt only took me 139 Eevee encounters! Here is the pic!:

141143.jpg

It is a male, with a Hardy nature (neutral), and the Run Away ability! Now to work on the next one. 1 down, 7 to go! Wow! I am still flabbergasted!! Happy hunting everyone!!!
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 10th December 2012 at 7:19 PM.
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    And I am glad your roommate told you to stick with your Smoochum hunt Dangertrout. You have to participate in the CH, you know. JK Once you get your Smoochum are you going to be going back to your crazy Female Charmander hunt?
    I'm not sure what I want to hunt next. I'll probably take some time off to IV breed some HM slaves first (I want a zigzagoon and psyduck on my perma-team)
    After that, I'm torn between getting shiny females of the Kanto starters (charmander and squirtle) or continue getting one of each shiny for my W2 dex (next would be Rattata).

edit - Trade forum can be found here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...20-Trade-Forum
    there's a section for shiny pokemon in there =)

edit2 - congrats on eevee Kitty! and congrats to paddy on shroomish!! now you can join the CH ^_^

edit3 - officially over the odds on this hunt now. this would be the first hunt in W2 that has done that, so I can't complain too much... but still. hopefully it shines soon
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 10th December 2012 at 9:24 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Since I've noticed that I only ever play Black/White these days to get items/Pokemon from the Dream World to trade over to White 2, I've decided to sell Black/White and buy Black 2. But first I've got one last thing to do... try and catch a shiny Thundurus/Tornadus, which I believe I can only do in B/W (plus I'll have to restart Black since I've already caught a normal Tornadus in it), so it might be quite a while before I actually sell them. ^^;

So I'm currently saved 'in-front' of Thundurus in White, but I've only done 14 SR so far. I'm also at just over 2200 encounters in my White 2 badge quest.

Good luck guys.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1531 eggs and I FINALLY have my shiny shroomish! Male (Yes!), effect spore (poison heal preferred but it's shiny!!!) and heres the akward part, my everstone failed (playing black) i was looking jolly to boost the speed, but it came out freaking adamant!!!!! With a 31 iv in attack!!!! I'll TRY to upload a pick!
    Congrats to kitty on that 1st eevee and i know there are many more im too excited gl to everyone!!!!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Page 56 of 887 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast