Page 6 of 946 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    10,000 MM's for Marill...
    And my 9,789th egg and my 9,922egg were both shiny!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Taking break from hunts for like 2 weeks cause I got really impatient on that one. Then I'll get back to SRing Charmander. So happy! Good luck everyone!
    This is why I don't MM anymore xD

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

@the 2 above posts, but wait, this is why MMing is great. I did about 10,000 eggs (I think 10,014 to be excact) and i have 2 shinies to show for it. Plus i was just unlucky (like i am w/ everything.)

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Wow congrats on shiny marril! Hopefully my luck will change now too! That has to be the longest mm I've ever heard of!that's with using foreign ditto? I think my longest mm hunt was yanma at 1600 eggs and I've done quite a bit of mming!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

OH MY GOD! I just had a joyous fun fest! I decided to play a new game of LeafGreen for fun. I was going along in Mt. Moon trying to train my newly captured Nidoran♀ and I ran into a Geodude. Not just any Geodude, a shiny Geodude! I have never ran into a shiny during the main part of the game, let alone before having even two badges. I can't believe I found a SHINY Geodude. I'm not all crazy for it's shiny but I can't help but consider wanting to replace a possible team member with this Geodude just because it's shiny. I only had four Pokeballs at the time so when it escaped the first time I tried to catch it I totally freaked out but thank god Nidoran♀ only knows scratch and it decided to spam defense curl. I stayed in the last one and I would have died it if it escaped all of them, I really would have. That or maybe I would have cried for only twenty minutes (that's how "tough" I am). Should I try and use this Geodude? I was planning on also eventually catching a ghastly and ponyta and I have a squirtle, pidegy, mankey, along with nidoran♀. I'm about to go add my first Gen III shiny to my signature!

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

no it was actually with a foreign marill with an american marill

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Oh ok, congrats BB on ur re shiny geodude!

Congrats on the Marill's and on that shiny geodude. Good work!

At 6,300 resets now and it's becoming pretty tedious. Blah.

Congrats on the Marill duo, and Geodude!

Up to 4,800 encounters now, so this is longer than Snivy... Was thinking 'how freaky would it be if my second shiny appeared at 4,733 encounters' (Snivy appeared at that amount of SRs). But still, tomorrow I'll do another 400, and I have the weekend off work, so I may be able to do 2,000+ encounters then (if I'm up to it)...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

2,400 Run Aways

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    That's great, congrats!

Now a question for everyone...When you find a shiny, do you opt to evolve it? Do you have any restrictions you set yourself, like not evolving your shiny unless you get a second shiny of it? Or do you not care at all and you just do whatever you feel like with it?
    Thanks! Though I personally have been pondering that question since last night, and my rule has been evolve it no matter what, though some have been tough to evolve, like Magneton who has just as cool a shiny color as Magnezone. Wooper has that same dilemma, since I love the light pink on it, but I think I'll continue my tradition of evolving it. If I get a second shiny of something I already have, then I'll keep that one unevolved.

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4
    Should I try and use this Geodude? I was planning on also eventually catching a ghastly and ponyta and I have a squirtle, pidegy, mankey, along with nidoran♀.
    Congrats on that Geodude! And if you don't care for EV's and all, go ahead and use it. I think it would be awesome to use a shiny on an in-game team, especially one that tends to be a jerk and blow up on other people's faces. Of course, it's up to you if you want to use it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt
    Latios hunt is still going bad for me, I'm at 2820 SR right now with the shiny charm. I can get in about 85 to 90 SR done in an hour. Wish me luck everyone cuz I would love for this green Latios to show itself to me!
    You're still having bad luck with him? Man, good luck on that shiny Latios, and good luck to everyone else, too!

I still have about 240 eggs to hatch before my boxes are cleared, and I kinda hope no extra shiny Wooper is hiding in those eggs, because I've been lucky enough lately. Don't want to kill my luck for the next month any more than I already have. I wouldn't mind another Wooper in the future, though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Whoa gratz on the Marill! How long did it take to hatch that many eggs o_o?! Gratz on the Geodude as well. :]

Day 5 for Mandibuzz and nothing yet and 12k Re's on route 14... I have a feeling something will shine soon. Good luck everyone.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

After I get my Electrike, I plan on keeping it an Electrike. Manetric is great and all, but I just like Electrike's colors better and better as a whole.

Not much advancement on my RE hunt, school is really bogging me down. Teachers cramming everything this week to prepare for the second five day break this month.

Going to bed now with 3020 SR with nothing to show for it's been a sad two weeks!

Now a question for everyone...When you find a shiny, do you opt to evolve it? Do you have any restrictions you set yourself, like not evolving your shiny unless you get a second shiny of it? Or do you not care at all and you just do whatever you feel like with it?
    As you can see on my sig, I usually evolve my shinies to their final stage. The only exceptions so far are:
    - the Shiny Pichu from the event back then during the HG/SS era
    - my Shiny Minccino, as I like the pink better than Cinccino's shiny color.
    - my Shiny Eevee, I couldn't decide what to evolve it into, so I keep it as an Eevee.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    OH MY GOD! I just had a joyous fun fest! I decided to play a new game of LeafGreen for fun. I was going along in Mt. Moon trying to train my newly captured Nidoran♀ and I ran into a Geodude. Not just any Geodude, a shiny Geodude! I have never ran into a shiny during the main part of the game, let alone before having even two badges. I can't believe I found a SHINY Geodude. I'm not all crazy for it's shiny but I can't help but consider wanting to replace a possible team member with this Geodude just because it's shiny. I only had four Pokeballs at the time so when it escaped the first time I tried to catch it I totally freaked out but thank god Nidoran♀ only knows scratch and it decided to spam defense curl. I stayed in the last one and I would have died it if it escaped all of them, I really would have. That or maybe I would have cried for only twenty minutes (that's how "tough" I am). Should I try and use this Geodude? I was planning on also eventually catching a ghastly and ponyta and I have a squirtle, pidegy, mankey, along with nidoran♀. I'm about to go add my first Gen III shiny to my signature!

Sweet, congrats! But 20 minutes? I think you'd be better off over at that place: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...vj8mo1_400.png

Congrats on the Marills as well, another instance of 2 shinies more or less at once!

And congrats on any others I forgot. The wooper? Can't remember if I said anything or not :x
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congrats to all those who found their shinies! Good luck to the other purple shiny-hunter; purple's my favorite color so I try to get purple shinies.

I gave up on mudkips for the time being out of frustration and decided to be silly and try to breed for a shiny pachirisu (the first shiny I ever caught via chaining in platinum; I got two of them, but I don't want to transfer my "pick up" one to white 2 because she's my star player in HeartGold/SoulSilver (she and my gyrados single-handedly defeated Red while everyone else in my team fainted repeatedly.) I'm trying for a volt absorb one this time, but judging from my poor luck with the 3000 or so fruitless oshawott eggs in White, I'm not hoping for much. I have a bunch of regular serious-natured volt absorb ones clogging up my boxes now, though.

So far, I have not evolved my shinies. My most wanted shiny was dratini and I spent days trying to SR for one at the game corners in HG/SS to no avail. I was so excited about the one I won by defeating Alder's grandson in White 2 because I'm not so good at battling (beating him was a major accomplishment for me) and I have limited patience for SRing (plus it hurts my wrists... does pressing the power button lightly on the DSi to return to the game's title screen work just as well as the L, R, Start, Select combo?) I haven't decided yet whether or not to evolve my dratini into dragonair. I won't make him into a dragonite because I have a shiny dragonite that someone gave me in a trade on platinum.

I didn't evolve my shiny snivy because although I like all of snivy's evolutions, I think he's cutest when he's little. Now he can't evolve because he's level 100.

Besides pachirisu, which doesn't evolve anyway, I haven't touched my other shinies. So far, I've just kept them as trophy pieces. I might transfer my chained shinx from Platinum into White 2, then trade him into Black 2 for my team on there. If I do, he'll stay a shinx because I think shinx are cuter than their evolved forms.

Overall, I guess the answer to your question would be that I would evolve my shinies only if I prefer their evolved forms to their unevolved forms. If I ever get that shiny mudkip I've wanted so badly and I only get one, it will definitely stay a mudkip. I think that mudkip's adorable but marshtomp and swampert are ugly. If I try again for oshawott and get one successfully, I would evolve it to dewott because that's the form which has purple in it .
    Shinies I Caught/Earned without Trading:
    Gyrados: Platinum RE, Battle Tower area pond; 2 Interaction, HG, SS; Pachirisu (2): Platinum, Chained, 65 wins; Sandshrew: HG RE, Safari Zone, last Safari Ball in session; Rattata: HG RE; Pikachu: HG RE, Forest; Event Legends: GameStop Shinx: Platinum, Chained, 40 wins; Snivy: White, Egg #990; Dratini: White 2, White Treehollow win; Haxorus (2): Interaction, White 2, Black 2; Gible: Black 2, Black Tower win; Quagsire: X, RE; Poliwag: X, Chain Fishing, ~60 caught; Tangela, Rapidash, Exploud: X, Friend Safaris

My Vivillon is Modern Pattern - PM to trade Vivillons.

Well I don't have any specific rules, but I almost always evolve and EV train my shinies. But in rare cases like my Sandile where I don't really like the final as much as the original, I'll keep it unevolved. Plus Sandile was Modest with Intimidate which just wasn't good.

Speaking of which I think I might go ahead and EV a ton of the shinies I still have yet to EV train. That includes a majority of my 3rd gen. shinies and some of my 4th gen. I still have Pidgey, Pinsir, Torkoal, Mudkip, Cyndaquil, Dialga(unsure), Golett(wasn't sure if I'd hunt in Dragonspiral again and didn't want one with Iron Fist as my Golett and Klutz as my Golurk), and I think that's it.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Congrats on the Wooper, Geodude, 2 Marill, and all other shinies gotten today! As for me, another day, another 825 SRs, and no shiny. I am now up to 9,935 SRs and have been hunting this thing since October 24 (with a small break in between). I am in a huge need to get this thing soon otherwise I think I may go nuts (well... more than I already am)! I really want to move on with a new hunt already! I am hoping that this weekend I will get lucky! I am about 400 SRs away from hitting my longest SR shiny, Ho-oh. Shine soon please Kyogre! You're such a pretty shiny! :3

Happy hunting everyone and best of luck!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Sweet, congrats! But 20 minutes? I think you'd be better off over at that place: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...vj8mo1_400.png
    Weenie Hut Juniors? Are you saying I belong at Weenie Hut Juniors?

I couldn't help but say that. Also congrats on the two Marills and Wooper. I think I got too stunned by my Geodude to think elsewhere. Also I've replaced my mankey for it because their movesets were going to be somewhat similar and would require both using the same move tutor so I decided to go with the shiny.
    Last edited by BunniBear4; 16th November 2012 at 4:03 AM.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    Weenie Hut Juniors? Are you saying I belong at Weenie Hut Juniors?

I couldn't help but say that. Also congrats on the two Marills and Wooper. I think I got too stunned by my Geodude to think elsewhere. Also I've replaced my mankey for it because their movesets were going to be somewhat similar and would require both using the same move tutor so I decided to go with the shiny.
    Oh, no, sorry, I was actually referring to the place next to it...

I managed to do a whopping 5 (!!) Eevee encounters today. At least I'm making just that much more progress each day...? Just gotta make it through the weekend and I should be in better shape to start focusing on the more important things in life: shiny pokemon.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Now that I am finally on Thanksgiving break from University, I am going to try to MM a shiny Minun. I just love its green coloring! I also want to MM a shiny Morning Sun Larvesta for my boyfriend...but as of now, I have not been able to find a foreign male Beautifly on the GTS. It hates me. I'll keep you guys posted! Wish me luck (I'm going to need it.)
    My Shines (Gifts/GTS, some RE): -Lucky, -Pichu, -Raichu, - Vileplume, -Bellera, -Hunbro, -Entei, - Darunia, -Burning, -Mew, -Flybea, - Azumarill, -Weavile, -Arceus, - Blaxorus, -Janine, -Swampert, -O'kee, -Purple, -Suicune, -Raikou, -Furret, -Blupo, -Charming (first random encounter on Black), -Blingblang, -Tempos, -Whiscash, -Rueben and Rubri, -Goragal, -Starmie, -Porygon-Z, -Athena, -Jim Bo, -Pinkeye (first ever shiny encounter on Emerald).

I gotta say I'm beginning to get tired of seeing the same old pokemon in Virbank Complex. Currently at 3132 RE's and I'm considering changing locations and moving to Floccesy Ranch as any of the pokemon there would be nice as a shiny. Plus I decided that I would just MM Growlithe, Koffing and possibly magnemite at a later point. What do you all think?

Congrats on the latest shinies and good luck to everyone else.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

Its been awhile since i got any new shiny but today it came to an end right before i was heading to bed. This shiny legend appeared after 2weeks with shiny charm, my timid sync didnt work ended up being bold. Im just happy it shined for me but also completes the set.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1115-00357.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...15-00359-1.jpg
    Congrats on wooper,geodude, double marill, and any other i may have missed. Keep up the work peeps.
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaChi View Post
    Its been awhile since i got any new shiny but today it came to an end right before i was heading to bed. This shiny legend appeared after 2weeks with shiny charm, my timid sync didnt work ended up being bold. Im just happy it shined for me but also completes the set.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1115-00357.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...15-00359-1.jpg
    Congrats on wooper,geodude, double marill, and any other i may have missed. Keep up the work peeps.
    Eh, bold isn't that bad for Latios, it just makes it into more of a tank. Though it's not much of a competitive fighter.

Anyway, I always find non-MMed shinies to be quite a feet, so congratulations.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Page 6 of 946 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast