Page 60 of 941 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 23507

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Something~Kinda~Ooooh View Post
    *Squeal* I just hatched a shiny Sneasel on my Pearl game! It's Modest natured which sucks but oh well... Since my shiny Pachirisu I also got the Ponyta I was looking for, I've also been hatching Turtwigs on my White game, I'm at about 190 eggs so far.
    Could always do a Nasty Plot Weavile with it.

Well, 100 encounters done for Ducklett, and already have a shedload of Wings! Looks like I may have to do this hunt in 100 encounter sessions...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

8,250 REs

Congrats on all the new shiny pokes everyone has gotten! Since I am getting burned out on SRing for legendary pokes I am gonna take a small break and MM for a Igglybuff ^.^ Jigglypuff is my all time favorite pokemon so I am really excited to get this hunt going! Just got my male JP parent off of the GTS and have my female DW parent so I am ready to start collecting eggs. Keep up the great work everyone and good luck to you all
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Well, I just caught a Shiny hasty Rattata on my leaf green yesterday. That's the very first non-rng shiny I've obtained in months. For shits and giggles, I decided to EV train her and whatnot.
    Guess I'm good at RNGing stuff.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/ekkuat.jpg[/IMG]
    Trainer sprite by me. PM me if you want a Gen V shiny and/or flawless pokémon, I'll RNG it for you. :3

Holy freaking god. After 7034 Soft Resets, I finally have my first Shiny in Fire Red/Leaf Green, my first 1/8192 SR'd Shiny, and my first Shiny Starter. A Shiny Charmander has finally appeared in my Leaf Green, which is the one that I had originally started my BQ in. I admittedly nearly given up hope of finding it, given how I was a little more than a thousand away from going over the chances. In all honesty, it caught me off guard. I was surfing the web when I looked down and saw it.

Plus, I have pics, unlike my other Shinies.

Status Screen: http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...er/FINALLY.jpg

Battle: http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...r/FINALLY2.jpg

You know, its surprising really. My 3DS takes better pictures without an external light source than my HD camera does.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Hey everybody it has been a long time!
    Don't know if anyone will remember me but whatever :P
    Sorry but I have been taking a break from pokemon due to myself getting Borderlands 2 and playing that for the past couple of months!
    FINALLY I got my copy of white 2 (WOOT) So I am currently playing through that right now.
    When I am finished I may get back into shiny hunting as I have always loved it.
    Last time I was hunting I had done around 950 SR for a Johto starter.
    CONGRATZ on all of the latest shinys and...
    *May the shine be with you* (tehe haven't said that in awhile)
    FC: 5129-0703-6916
    I'm always keen for battles, PM if you want
        Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

Credit: Varanus for the Shiny Card. Dragonitor for the Userbar. Brutakablaziken for the mudkip userbar
    Thanks so much!
    May the shine be with you!

Hey everyone!

I would like to think that I have made a good amount of progress since getting my second Eevee yesterday. I did 200 REs today so far (probably wont do any more today as it takes soooo long to find one) and I am up to 60 eggs hatched out of 180 collected so far. I will probably work more on my eggs later on today. I am 1/4 of the way to reaching my goal, only (insert lolz here), ONLY 3/4 of the way more to go! I will be amazed if I could get all 8 before December ends! (I doubt it, but it would be nice).

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 13th December 2012 at 10:51 PM.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Just curious about it people. I'm not trying to bring up an argument nor a flamewar like last time, but why don't you guys RNG stuff instead of soft reset? I mean, soft resetting is a way of messing with the RNG, too...
    Trainer sprite by me. PM me if you want a Gen V shiny and/or flawless pokémon, I'll RNG it for you. :3

Everyone has their own reasons. Some as simple as they like the randomness of how long it will take to achieve their goal.
    I would appreciate it if you would refrain from inciting a flame war, since you are fully aware that the question of RNG abuse invariably has that result.

edit - I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm just saying that regardless of intentions, the results are the same. so let's avoid that conversation altogether if we know where it will likely lead.
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 14th December 2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by ladykiwi View Post
    Just curious about it people. I'm not trying to bring up an argument nor a flamewar like last time, but why don't you guys RNG stuff instead of soft reset? I mean, soft resetting is a way of messing with the RNG, too...
    Yes, but SRing isn't all intentional and timed like Rnging, it's random.
    Besides shinies don't feel valuable to most of us.
    Still, you shouldn't really question other's methods. It's a hobby we enjoy doing, even if it drives us insane ›.‹

300 SRs for a starter, got about 240 SRs on the coach from the 35 I did yesterday...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

@Dangertrout
    I am responsible for my words, not for what people interpret. I clearly stated I didn't mean to start an argument, and such my hands shall remain clean regardless of the outcome, plain and
    simple. Besides, I just got what I wanted: an answer to soothe my curiosity.

Currently on 1.7k Random Encounters at route 15, no luck yet. I'm really hoping for a Shiny Gligar or Pupitar. (Male)

Currently trying to create a shiny hunter team on my Pokémon Ruby. (Need 2 teams, for my Black2 & White2.) :3

Congratulations on the latest shiny's and good luck to the people that need them.

Good night all!
    Last edited by Dylz; 13th December 2012 at 11:37 PM.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Congrats on all the recent shinies!

I've decided on using my copy of Platinum at Xmas to start a Badge Quest!!
    whilst using my black 2 to play through once before properly looking for shinys / MMing
    And I've also decided that my favorite Shiny is Shinx
    Last edited by syrrume; 14th December 2012 at 12:37 AM.

Well life has caught a hold of me and I haven't been able to shiny hunt in quite some time. Today I plan on continuing with my shiny pidgey hunt on Soul Silver. I'm at 915 right now and want to get a box or two done tonight before I go to be. Wish me luck and confraternity to everyone's recent shinies. I will join you all on community hunts starting next month too. I really like that idea in a Shiny Thread.

Well, not much to say, but I haven't updated in a bit, so I'm going with that. 2730 RE's in Route 207, and somehow one of the berries on top of the cliff completely disappeared. Didn't know that could happen. And for Articuno, I'm not so sure it will shine in time for the end of next week, and I'll be gone for the rest of the month from that point for vacation. I hope I can complete this Community Hunt on time, though, since I don't want to spend so long SR'ing in Soul Silver again. Good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram

I'm not counting SRs, but I know I've done a full week of SRing for Tepig. Still, out of nothing, nothing. Hopefully the something will appear soon. I should really start counting for my shiny hunts again...

Good luck to all.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Finally!!!!!!!! After about 4800 soft resets, I finally found a shiny starter!! A Cyndaquil!!!

Funnily enough, Cyndaquil was the one I wanted the least, as it is my least favourite Johto Starter, but for an in-game shiny only run it might be my best bet. I would have loved Chikorita the most, but that might have been the least helpful. xD

And now my badge quest officially begins!!

And quick question, can the Eevee you get from Bill be shiny? If I feel adventurous I wouldn't mind a shiny Espeon.

Edit: Male with a jolly nature and is somewhat of a clown. God this game likes giving me jolly starters. Kind of a poor nature, but I guess I'll just run mixed/physical Typhlosion.

Poor Quality image, because of poor lighting and my phone takes poor pics, but here's my beauty

Comox-Strathcona B-20121213-00110.jpg
    Last edited by Charoshi; 14th December 2012 at 6:08 AM.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Did 500 encounters today bringing my total to 15,000. Sucks because i can't hunt that much so today i thought I would get something becUse i had time to do a good amount of encounters, oh well. Hopefully i get better luck tomorrow. Only 1,038 more and it will become my 2nd longest hunt ever

Gratz on the Sneasel, Rattata, Charmander and Cyndaquil! Awesome shinies :] I'm still dual hunting and both of my hunts have went over 10k encounters which is crazy but I'm use to it. I know that if I just stick to it something will eventually shine! Good luck everyone.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Congrats on all those shinies! Seems like a lot of people got one today.

I decided to sort of dual hunt today. But since the Eevee hunt takes all my concentration basically (and both my hands), it was kind of at a 1:1 ratio, where once I got an Eevee encounter, I'd mark a tally on the sheet with one hand and move the circle pad around on my SS game with the other hand while letting the Eevee appear.

Kind of can't wait until I catch my Eevee in part so that I can more effectively dual hunt

My Platinum Version should be arriving on Saturday, though I'm considering waiting to start that BQ until after I've caught my Eevee.

I did manage to get through 200 REs for Eevee today though, bringing my total to 1700 REs (with an additional 19 from double encounters - those get marked to the left of the red line on my paper since they're rare enough to take up very little space). 200 REs is the most I've ever done in a day so far. I was hoping to reach 250, but...Nearly 2 hours tonight was spent making a batch of chocolate chip cookies, so =.= ...

Probably won't get much done on Friday and Saturday. Will be working both days from about 11 am to ~10 pm (possibly a little later ).

Also, somewhat digressing, but I'm kind of eager to get my own place once I'm more financially secure, as I've been planning for like a year or so now that once I have the space, I'll get a cheap-ish treadmill and a little exercise while I'm gaming/on my laptop. I figure that way, I can spend hours hunting shiny pokemon without feeling 100% lazy. I'll just do a slow walk while I hunt for stuff (or whatever else I'm doing online or something). Luckily right now, my metabolism has been generous to me and I stay at ~120 lbs despite eating horrible food every day (but I envision my insides as being disgustingly fatty and unhealthy). But who knows when the day will come when it stabs me in the back and slows down...But if I walked for like 3 hours or something while I'm shiny hunting (or even if I did some sort of HIIT, if I could pull that off while hunting without dropping my systems or something), then I could stay healthy(ish) without giving up my free time to do lazy stuff

On the off-chance that someone else has tried something like that (specifically with shiny hunting)...How'd it work out? I personally can't see how it'd be too difficult to walk while moving a circle pad a little (and hitting "run"), but...
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,200 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,000 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I reached 2,550 SRs in my shiny Moltres hunt and decided to stop counting. Hoping it will help relieve some hunt fatigue. I was considering giving up, but the recent influx of shinies in this thread has helped me stay motivated. Kind of pathetic considering many hunts go much, much farther, but I'm not one who likes to do this for fun. Lest my eyes and/or wrists give up, I plan to see this through to the end, but I will definitely stick to MM for any future endeavors. Legendaries are far too much hassle to hunt like this on a regular basis.

Congratulations on all the new shinies, and best of luck to those still hunting.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

Congrats to all those who have got a shiny since my last post. Slightly jealous of those who got Charmander and Cyndaquil as they are at the top of my want list.

Still no luck on my White 2 and HG badge quests. Been SR'ing for Tepig on White 2 for over a month now, but it's only been 10 days since my last shiny on HG.

After hatching my Snorunt a few days ago I decided to MM a Ponyta. I have hatched one after a very surprising 189 eggs. Its male and has a mild nature. I just love those blue flames. Picture below. The album also contains pics/video of some of my other shiny pokemon including my Snorunt from a few days ago.

Ponyta http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...F755D8531F.jpg
    Album http://s387.beta.photobucket.com/use...hiny%20Pokemon
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Omg! Community hunt complete!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...psba40ec6e.jpg

YES! After 10,891 encounters I got the shiny I wanted!@ Nature turned out to be lax which is okay and this was the only Ice type I didn't have this gen, now I have them all! I think I'm gonna finally get back to my hunt on Soul Silver which was RE'ing in Whirl Islands for hopefully a shiny Horsea/Seadra. Gratz on the Ponyta and good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Question

Congrats on any new shinies since I last posted! I've been reading the thread everyday but didn't have anything to post about so sorry I can't remember them all...

I've been hatching my backlog of Charmander and Snover eggs, up to 340 Charmanders now with no shiny and I still have 90 Snovers to hatch! Village Bridge will be resumed after I hatch the eggs tomorrow, and I'll do more egg collecting and hatching when I get to 4000 or 5000 RE! Busy time on my White 2 game.

Anyways, I come bearing news of my next shiny hunt, because I'm pretty excited! Though I hope I'm not breaking any rules, I'll check the OP after I've posted and edit if needs be.
    Years ago, around 2009? I owned an Action Replay, don't ask why it was just something I used back then, though cheating became boring eventually and after I lost it I never rebought it. While I had the AR, I hacked myself the green delivery guy who gives you the Oaks Letter, and used it, of course, to unlock Seabreak Path and the Flower Paradise. I went there earlier today to check if I had caught Shaymin or not and apparently I never got round to actually catching it, luckily!

You can probably see where this is going. Shaymin is one of my favourite legendaries and shinies and so I'm going to SR for it! I know cheating is frowned upon and my Shaymin will never really be legit, but I plan to of course SR with the regular 1/8192 odds, seeing as I don't own my AR anymore. It'll still be just as valuable to me as any other shiny I own :3
    I'll go check the rules now, I'm hoping it's okay to post this because I'd love to be able to share when I get it. I appreciate there will be people who disagree with me doing this, so if there is then just know I'll always admit its only half-legit, but still special to me personally :3

Edit: Congrats on the shiny Vanillish, City Of Delusion!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 14th December 2012 at 7:35 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Congrats on these lovely shinies After I completed my CH I decided to start MM for a Vulpix with the Drought and Hypnosis. As of this moment, 451 eggs were hatched and hopefuly I'll get a female

Good luck for those of you still hunting
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Page 60 of 941 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast