Page 61 of 939 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 23469

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

At 2194 soft resets for Kyurem hopefully it shines soon...this shiny charm doesn't want to give me much good luck yet

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Yes, but SRing isn't all intentional and timed like Rnging, it's random.
    Besides shinies don't feel valuable to most of us.
    if you want to SR for shinies be my guest but technically SRing for a shiny isn't random. the game works on pseudo-random number generation, pseudo as in false. meaning it is as close to random as they can get but technically not "random" at all.

i'm in the process of RNG abusing/soft resetting for a shiny ho-oh though in my heart gold even though I'm skilled at RNG abuse I read that you shouldn't attempt RNG in heart gold before you've beat the elite 4.

if you think about it, soft resetting could be considered just as illegitimate as RNG abuse with a reporter if you wanted to be anal. one could say the only "true" shiny pokemon are random encountered as you play the game.
    Last edited by StoneyPikachu; 14th December 2012 at 4:51 PM.
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

I reached 530 REs last night on the CH, passing the number of encounters on my trainer card in white 2 in finding the file's first shiny. My black took 5,103 before finding shiny boldore, and my white 2 has about 5200 on it...hopefully I'll get a shiny this weekend!
    Got my copy of X!

Congrats to everyone with recent shinies!

My Gastly hunt has been put on hold for a while, while I collect eggs for my first MM hunt: Bulbasaur. Currently sitting at 48 eggs, none have been hatched yet. I'll start hatching when I hit 200 or 300 eggs
    HeartGold FC: 3998 5135 4552

Click HERE to be taken to my Gen IV Trade Shop! You get better deals if you're a member of Age Of Shoguns!

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Could always do a Nasty Plot Weavile with it.
    This is a very good idea! I've transferred it over to White 2 ready to evolve it.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/15rfa4w.jpg[/IMG]
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

Just a week after hatching my first shiny (Totodile), another one appeared! I was exping random Pokemon west of Lacunosa - and suddenly shiny Sunkern from nowhere. December is my lucky month, it seems.

Starting community hunt now, will try to MM a shiny Vanillite.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/smrpq9.jpg[/IMG]

951 eggs 160 eggs 259 eggs 850 eggs 2832 RE

Jeez, a few days without posting and so many shinies, including some of my friends long hunts, im doing a blanket congrats cus i hate leaving people out! Well down to business, i havent did much apart from tonight on shellder, though im at a respectable nights work at 90 eggs, lets hope this ones under the odds, i can usually estimate but as this is my first mm on w2 i have no previous hunt to help me guess =( Gl to all that need it!!!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Just a question - I see all these people saying they're at 500 SR or 700 RE...how do you know? I get that you might be keeping a tally for the soft reset as you're doing nothing but sitting there resetting, but with random encounters how would you know how many pokes you've come across? I mean, you start encountering pokemon at the start of the game, how can you remember how many wild pokemon you've run across?
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Congrats on all the shinies everyone!! Been a lucky week for us.

I've done about 600 REs on my badge quest between last night and now. I'm gonna have to balance in some study time this weekend for my only worrying exam Monday, but luckily (or unluckily I guess) I don't work this weekend thanks to a severe burn on my hand, so I got time for encounters.

I'm hoping for Mareep, but any will do.

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Ps. Does anyone know if Bill's Eevee can be shiny? If I decide to, I'd love a shiny Espeon.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Status update on Shiny Duck Hunt:
    Number of ducks found: 250
    Number of Wings found (combined total): 1,036

Wow, Ducklett sure are tough to find... But I will persevere!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

7,400 REs

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Just a question - I see all these people saying they're at 500 SR or 700 RE...how do you know? I get that you might be keeping a tally for the soft reset as you're doing nothing but sitting there resetting, but with random encounters how would you know how many pokes you've come across? I mean, you start encountering pokemon at the start of the game, how can you remember how many wild pokemon you've run across?
    In gen 5 games, you can see how many wild encounters you have on your trainer card. I think in DPPt there was also a place you could check that. a place that had a computer that displayed records... was it in Jublife? It's been a while since I've touched those games >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Hello all, room for one more? I'm SRing for a shiny HG starter, don't care which one I get, even though Chikorita is a starter near and dear to my heart. ^_^ I'm trying to get into shiny hunting, so you can expect to see me here more often. :P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    In gen 5 games, you can see how many wild encounters you have on your trainer card. I think in DPPt there was also a place you could check that. a place that had a computer that displayed records... was it in Jublife? It's been a while since I've touched those games >.<
    h right - lol I never check my trainer card ^^;
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Calculator, then when I'm done hunting for that session i put a note in my phone

Hello and congrats to all recent shinies !
    6000 mark here with my regirock..way over the odds with the shiny charm..please just show me some stars :/
    3DS FC: 2036 - 7438 - 6637

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    Ps. Does anyone know if Bill's Eevee can be shiny? If I decide to, I'd love a shiny Espeon.
    Yes, there are plenty of vids on YT of people getting a shiny Eevee that way.

In other news, I've decided to pick up my hunt on Soul Silver for shiny Horsea/Seadra hopefully the modest sync works. I'm also over 11k encounters now in relic passage. I noticed that I found all my BQ shinies so far on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday so hopefully something shines soon! good luck everyone.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Well, just got back from doing 2 hours of community service, and not even 30 minutes into RE'ing, shiny Baltoy appeared at 3322 RE's! Baltoy.JPG
    Of course, the first thing it tries is Selfdestruct, but if you remember my shiny Wooper, it had Damp, so I made perfect use of that. And believe it or not, a critical capture, like Joltik, but this one with a fantastic Luxury Ball. And Jolly nature with great Sp. Atk IV, just like Joltik. I have a secret MM hunt planned next in Black 2, but I'm going to hold on that until Articuno shines, maybe. Now I'll be EV'ing Baltoy, since I love Claydol's shiny color, and then moving on to Articuno and Route 207 again. Congrats on the recent shinies, and good luck everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Still hunting for shiny charmander,

just bred and hatched 5 boxes without luck.

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

Trying to get a shiny tepig but so far no luck for me with about 3 boxes of tepigs..
    I still have a long way to go it seems. T_T

Currrently on like 2.3k random encounters, ain't that active since I tryed to make myself some shiny hunting teams.

GL All!

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Filled around 2 1/2 Boxes with growlithe. Filled 1 Box with Heatmor. Currently in Area 6 of the Whitetree Hollow. Hopefully Heatmor will shine soon. Shiny Heatmor looks Boss. I met my Cousin Last Night While Hunting For Heatmor. She wanted to see me hunt Kyurem, she was like "Let's go hunt that Shiny!". So Encouraging. Sadly Kyurem wasn't there... Does anyone know how to fight Kyurem? I've beaten the game. Thought that was all I needed to do...
    EDIT:
    Roseheart95, It could be Gyarados ^-^'
    Last edited by supersmew; 15th December 2012 at 3:15 PM.

Saaatoshi!

Hey, all, up to 821 on my Rotom hunt. Looks like it's going to be a long one, so I've decided to spend the rest of the day hunting. Just an idea I've had, I know February's a long way off, but it's also Chinese New Year. It's going to be the year of the snake, so I was thinking that maybe for February one of the options could be a snake hunt?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Congrats on all the shinies!

My Platinum game arrived yesterday, I can't wait to start it. Another BQ question though, how is your team supposed to be made up exactly? I guess I always just assumed the shiny pokemon are your team to fight with mainly, but can you have different pokemon in your team while trying to find your shinies? Ie. Can you use non-shiny pokemon to shiny hunt with (like to use false/swipe or super fang with or other moves that help catch them), or is it supposed to be just hunting with the shiny pokemon you've caught?

Good luck on everyone's hunts.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, just got back from doing 2 hours of community service, and not even 30 minutes into RE'ing, shiny Baltoy appeared at 3322 RE's! Baltoy.JPG
    Of course, the first thing it tries is Selfdestruct, but if you remember my shiny Wooper, it had Damp, so I made perfect use of that. And believe it or not, a critical capture, like Joltik, but this one with a fantastic Luxury Ball. And Jolly nature with great Sp. Atk IV, just like Joltik. I have a secret MM hunt planned next in Black 2, but I'm going to hold on that until Articuno shines, maybe. Now I'll be EV'ing Baltoy, since I love Claydol's shiny color, and then moving on to Articuno and Route 207 again. Congrats on the recent shinies, and good luck everyone!
    Congratulations! Baltoy is a little beauty to have. Good luck to you on Articuno and Ponyta.

Starting up my REing again, at 4,307 now.

Meanwhile, I have also hit 625 SRs for a Johto Starter. Hoping for Cyndaquil again..

Good luck and a blanket congrats to all!

EDIT: Cpchris, you can do anything on your team.
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 15th December 2012 at 3:57 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Still hunting for a shiny Charmander... Been through ALOT of eggs (not sure of count, I didn.t keep track other than filling up a box 8 times so far)... But by the gods I will have my shiny Charizard!
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

Page 61 of 939 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast