Page 62 of 915 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 22870

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats on the Baltoy!!

I went out and purchased my copy of Black 2 today!
    It only cane to Ł11 after I had deducted the money from tradeins and cash on my Game loyalty card!

BARGAIN!!

However as most of you know its an Xmas Pressie to me from my Girlfriend!

So 10 Days to go

Good luck to the rest of you!!

First of all congrats to the many shinies people have obtained lately.

Next an update. I've got 3,400 SRs on my SS BQ for a shiny starter, so 10,200 starters seen. I've done a lot since yesterday and will get many more done today. My second target will be Union Cave or the route right above it. I want this starter badly.

Good luck everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Hey, all, up to 821 on my Rotom hunt. Looks like it's going to be a long one, so I've decided to spend the rest of the day hunting. Just an idea I've had, I know February's a long way off, but it's also Chinese New Year. It's going to be the year of the snake, so I was thinking that maybe for February one of the options could be a snake hunt?
    It's already on the list of options =)
    I'll put the January vote up sometime next week and tally it up when I get back from vacation.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Congrats on your baltoy Gustavo!! That's a sweet shiny!!in sitting around 1500 sr for kyurem wishing he would shine while I'm visiting in michigan
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Hello guys congrats on those recent shinies especially that baltoy

yes im still wandering around the site and shiny hunting of course I've put oshawott on hold(not giving up) and starting hunting for a pikachu in pokemon platinum trophy garden
    good luck on all your hunts especially those who need and those who are hunting ducklett really inspire and motivate me to carry on with shiny hunting BIG GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 15th December 2012 at 8:02 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Febuary should be a red, pink, or yellow Pokemon for valentines day. Or, we could hunt these pokes exclusively: Alomomola, Luvdisc, Chancey, Eevee, Lapras,Delibird (gifts), and/or vanillite (ice cream). That could be fun, like, themed pokemon. Though, i like the year of the snake thing. XP

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

OH YESSS! After 12,012 encounters my 6th shiny for my BQ appears!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3a8b5c59.jpg

I was in the shiny hunters chat and I had the music up abit, my Nephew walked in and distracted me then I just looked down at my DS and saw a shiny Gurdurr just waiting there lol. This could of been a fail since my finger was so close to the run button but thankfully that didn't happen! Nature is lonely and it has guts which is great :] My next hunt will be at Reversal Mountain, I'll be max repeling for Skarmory or Vibrava but hopefully Skarmory shines. Good luck everyone!!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Tornadus. (SR)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post

I was in the shiny hunters chat and I had the music up abit, my Nephew walked in and distracted me then I just looked down at my DS and saw a shiny Gurdurr just waiting there lol. This could of been a fail since my finger was so close to the run button but thankfully that didn't happen! Nature is lonely and it has guts which is great :] My next hunt will be at Reversal Mountain, I'll be max repeling for Skarmory or Vibrava but hopefully Skarmory shines. Good luck everyone!!
    Wow, that's fantastic! Congrats on Gurdurr! Not bad on the nature and ability either. It's nice to see all these BQ's to start reaching from middle to end. Now if only cocoa could get Oshawott to shine. Good luck to you all!

Thanks to those who congratulated me! Now, I kinda wish I was keeping track of Articuno, because I have no idea if I've done many SR's or not. Meanwhile, I'll be starting back in Route 207 again later, because I feel Articuno needs some focus right now. And for Black 2, I still will be stopping hunts there until later when Articuno hopefully shines. No real progress to update, though. Once again, good luck everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Hi all, major congrats to city on gurdurr and gustavo on baltoy and the others. Great work done today regarding my CH i hatched 120 eggs bringing the total to 210, may do a few more tonight but i doubt i'll go 250+. Gl to all those long hunts espeacially coccoa and of course everyone who needs it!
    Edit:Congrats to shine and kurt on kyurem and charizard on delibird
    Last edited by *PKMN Trainer Paddy*; 16th December 2012 at 9:43 AM.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

in W2 i was sring to capture Cresselia (with no shiny hunting intent) and on my 6th SR to capture a normal cresselia, IT SHINED! i immediately used a master ball on it since it was a random legendary shiny. this would be my third shiny encounter ever. I am now either going to sr for kyreum or RE in dragonspiral tower. Good luck!

White 2 team~ all lvl 100~ 8 badges~ E4 complete~ white treehollow complete~ join avenue rank 10~ 81 medals

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post

Wow twelve thousand and twelve. Too bad it didn't happen on 12/12/12.

I've been hunting Tepig all day, but with no luck. I'll keep going tonight though, because I want it today! I have a good feeling about today. I always like to guess about my shinies before I get them. I think it's going to be female and hardy natured. That's just my guess though.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Hey guys! Currently I'm SRing in hopes for a shiny starter in Heart Gold. I've recently started to count the amount of times I've tried so I could have a rough estimate. Since I started counted I've tried 513 times, but before I started counting I would guestimate I've tried roughly, 2,000 times. I'm starting to drive myself a little crazy, but I just don't wanna play until I get this shiny. So, I just wanted to ask you guys do you have any tips on making a shiny come faster? I don't now if there is any, but I know for the Ruby spamming A made it more likely or something? If there is no tricks at the very least maybe some advice on making this less like pulling teeth? Thanks anyways!

Here's my count sheet. If anyone wants to know how I organize it and keep track, I'm more then willing to share, so let me know!
    Shiny count sheet.jpg
    Last edited by breetel03; 16th December 2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Word choice adjustment

Community Hunt Complete

Look at the date, it's still fresh

Took me 5 days of SR-ing, with around 200 SR per day.

Decided to use Master Ball because I don't want to end up with it Struggling itself to death.
    I will try to use other balls if it is just something I can RE, but this is Shiny Kyurem, I just can't risk it
    So Master Ball away~

One funny thing about it, is that I actually used a Hasty Synchronizer as a lead. Yet I got Naive instead, which is just as good anyway XD
    (yeah, I want to give it a Mixed set)

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Wow! Great job shine!

idk who to CH... I have some mmed laprases, but eh, i dont feel like hunting right now...
    also, happy christmas, hanukkah, quanza, and winter solstice! XP

EDIT: Lol, this is hilarious. just messing around, and, SHAZZAM! I randomly stepped upon a shiny delibird on route 22! YAYAYAYAYAY! Community hunt complete! Lol! more details in a second!community hunt complete

Okay, Vital Spirit, Modest. So lucky w/ that. omg, really pumped! yayayayay! woot woot!
    Last edited by Chapter; 16th December 2012 at 1:19 AM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Congrats on all the shinies today, everyone! Seems like there were a few surprise/unintentional ones which is exciting. Good luck on all the other hunts!

Breetel, your shiny hunt sheet made me chuckle a little because of how spaced out your first few tallies were. Mine were the same way!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 1,000 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 7,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

community hunt completed #2! Shiny kyurem!!! Finally got him, check it out here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8BnmQ_uetmw forgot to mention nature in video I forget what it is but it's not good high speed low spatk but I'm happy I finally have one! He shined at just under 2000 SRs
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

wow I gotta be close to 2k soft resets for this shiny ho. I don't get how you guys can do this more than once and not try to learn rng abuse after.
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

COngrats to Shiny Delibird and both Shiny Kyurems, everybody is getting lucky lately!

Hopefully some of that luck will rub off on me, at 3,857 SRs for johto starter and nothing.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

so I guess it pays off to complain about soft resetting/ aimless shiny hunting in this thread. after probably over 2 thousand soft resets and about 4 days with 5 hours or more of soft resetting a day, I caught that shiny jo jo! heres the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l52zm...ature=youtu.be

I must admit It does feel accomplishing, but still i'd rather just RNG abuse as soft resetted shinies usually gives you a worthless mon with natures and IVs. i'll probably never do this again unless I need to but I highly doubt I will. I will learn 4th gen RNG way before I attempt this again :P to each their own though and congrats on all the shiny finds! keep it up everyone
    Last edited by StoneyPikachu; 16th December 2012 at 6:45 AM.
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

2,000 RE now at Route 14. I'd be really surprised if this hunt is a quick one because my last two ones were. Now I will have a little bit more time to hunt then I have the past few days cause I'm done university till the new year and all I need to do is work during break.
    Last edited by Shiny Lord; 16th December 2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Congratulations on the shiny Sunkern, Baltoy, Gurdurr, Cresselia, Kyurem, another Kyurem and Delibird, sorry I'm too lazy to name names XP

As for me, I finished hatching my batch of eggs and got no shiny again... Moved back to Village Bridge and I'm aiming to get 5000 RE and then hatch eggs again! Think I'll concentrate on Charmander next time, that's 9 boxes and 270 eggs, and then after another 2000 RE I'll do the same for Snover and vice versa till I get both :D
    As for my future Shaymin hunt, I'm going to start training up a Bibarel with Super Fang and Yawn to catch it with soon and then once I've finished at least 2 of my current hunts I'll make a start on it, and that'll be my last new hunt until I get the shiny charm and beat at least the first 8 gyms in my SoulSilver Nuzlocke :)

I'm starting to get impatient for Christmas now, not just for Christmas itself but also because after Christmas I'm treating myself to Black 2 and starting my first BQ, I'm pretty excited! Decided I might TRY and go for a shiny Snivy, but I'll probably hunt at Floccessy Ranch in the end... I'm just not patient enough yet to scroll through all the Bianca text to get a shiny starter. Maybe one day though? :3
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Congrats to all of those who found shinies this weekend!! I'd list them all but I'm lazy. And to those still looking, hopefully you get your shinies soon.

Still hitting lots of random encounters on route 32, using a static mareep, since I really want one shiny. Done about 22 hours and no idea how many encounters, I quit counting.
    I was hoping this would be quick after the amount of SRs, but hopefullyI can get one soon, only 2 more exams before I can devote my life to this challenge.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Ok firstly congratulations to all recently obtained shinies!

Secondly i have excellent news! I have finally after so long managed to MM my wonderful shiny Charmander!!!!! YES!!! I couldn't believe it when it hatched and had to triple check it, then when the shock went away and reason returned i just checked the status screen for the red star and number. I am very happy i was hoping to get my shiny Charmander before Christmas and i have now. I also now have two shiny starters. I think i will try to get at least two more shiny starters before Christmas, one for grass type (Bulbasaur or Treecko) and one for water type (Totodile or Squirtle).
    Shinies are good.

Hey everybody. Congrats on all the new shinies. ^_^

I'm currently doing some SR'ing for shiny Thundurus as I type. I'm on my 28th SR, by I'm trying to do 50 at a time, so when I'm done it'll bring me up to 350 SR in total.

I'm also at 19,400 encounters in my Heart Gold badge quest, and 979 encounters in my White 2 badge quest - but I'll be doing a lot more encounters while watching the Tottenham vs Swansea match (come on you Spurs!)

Good luck to all those hunting (and to Tottenham )

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

January Vote! The theme is "new beginnings"
    Voting starts today (the 16th) and end Wednesday (the 19th). PM your vote to me.
    Option 1- Find a shiny on the first Route of the game (RE)
    Option 2- Obtain a baby shiny: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Happiny, Munchlax, Riolu, Mantyke (RE/SR/MM)
    Option 3- Obtain a shiny starter (MM/SR)

I figured I should get this out of the way before I leave town, thus the short voting time.

edit - @city of delusion, I'm actually hoping for option 1 or 2 because we've done starters before
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 16th December 2012 at 7:51 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Page 62 of 915 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast