Page 63 of 889 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 22204

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

  1. #1551
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Unova - Route 3
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Holy Moley!!! A ton of new shinies, especially the CH ones! Wow! Congrats everyone!

    I haven't posted in a few days and I was just coming on here for a little update and to let ya'll know that I am still working on my 3rd Eevee. I am up to 188 eggs hatched out of 570 obtained on my Black 2 and up to 556 REs on my White 2 for the next Eevee. I am getting kinda annoyed with the REing because it takes soooooo long using the repel trick in the park, but I will not give up!! Once I get to 660 eggs in my Black 2, I will take a break from collecting them and then travel over to Skyarrow Bridge and hatch away! I am hoping to get lucky again and get it in my first 660 batch.

    Happy hunting everyone and good luck!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

    Current Hunt: Nothing right now

    Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

  2. #1552
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Wow, so many shinies lately! Gratz on them all, especially Baltoy, both Kyurems, Charmander and that Random Delibird!

    I've bought 250 max repels for Reversal Mountain so that should last awhile. If nothing shines before I run out I'll just reset back so I don't have to keep buying them. Hope this hunt doesn't take too long but it probably will based on all the long hunts on this BQ so far =p Also, I'm excited for the January CH! Any option would be nice but I'm mostly hoping for option 2 or 3 to win. Good luck everyone!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

    Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

  3. #1553
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The cliff that time forgot.
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Using the Masuda method, I nabbed a shiny Litwick.

    ...

    however. it had 31 IVs... in attack.

    Attack ;_;



  4. #1554
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Hey Dangertrout just want to ask that you got my January vote in pm form
    As im on my phone and it doesn't say whether or not it sent!!

    As for updates?
    well...you all know im waiting for Xmas till I get my Black 2, Platinum and 3DS,

    8 Days to go!!! Good luck everyone!!

  5. #1555
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    i just killed a shiny tynamo!!!!! my skill link minccino killed it
    at first i didnt know its shiny, i found out when it was to late

  6. #1556
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lumiose Gym
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takecare View Post
    i just killed a shiny tynamo!!!!! my skill link minccino killed it
    at first i didnt know its shiny, i found out when it was to late
    Ah. Wow, that must SUCK. Plus I believe Tynamo is rare. Ow.

    Anyway, Started Kyurem. Also Got Up To 30 Heatmor Eggs. Not much update-wise.

    Saaatoshi!

  7. #1557
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Ouch, that sucks! Eelektross is great!

    Meanwhile, I have hit 5,000 REs on my Platinum Badge Quest, some of those being 50 RE sessions in Oreburgh Gate, because Geodude is obtainable in there.

    Also, I have started a new hunt in Black and White: Magnet Pull on Route 9 for Pawniard. It is startlingly quick to do, as I am already at 600 REs. There is a little risk involved, as Minccino is on Route 9. However, I did encounter 14 Pawniard in a row =P

    Congrats to all, especially CoD on the shiny! Good luck to all in need of it.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:


  8. #1558
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Attempting to continue my hunt on route 15. I want a Shiny Gligar / Puppitar.

    I really like the option 2 for a ch. Since I haven't got a shiny Magby/Elekid yet.



    ~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

    ~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

    ~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

  9. #1559
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takecare View Post
    i just killed a shiny tynamo!!!!! my skill link minccino killed it
    at first i didnt know its shiny, i found out when it was to late
    This is why I hate shinies whose color is stupidly almost identical to its normal color
    (though of course a shiny is a shiny, so if I encounter such shiny I'll still capture it anyway)



    As for January, I'm fine with either Option 2 or 3, just not Option 1, seriously, Patrat/Purrloin/Basculin/Lillipup again? No thanks.



    And currently I'm just randomly doing wild encounters everywhere, hoping for a random shiny to pop out. Right now I prefer to do it in Giant Chasm, maybe an Ice-Type shiny would appear, would be nice to be able to contribute another Pokemon for the current CH.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  10. #1560
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    I haven't posted in this thread in awhile, but I caught a shiny Trapinch (now a Vibrava) and a shiny Solosis (now a Duosion) in my W2 badge quest. (:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  11. #1561
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Using the Masuda method, I nabbed a shiny Litwick.

    ...

    however. it had 31 IVs... in attack.

    Attack ;_;
    At least you got the shiny, right? Though, that does seem kinda bittersweet. Kinda like my Sunflora having everything competitively viable about it except having Grass type Hidden Power, but hey, these things happen. I won't complain too much. Congrats on that shiny, though, as well as the rest so far!

    And I'm sorry about the lost Tynamo. That must be horrible. I hope you can make up for that loss soon, in some way or another.

    Now, I'm at 3,900 RE's in Route 207, hoping to reach more later in the day. Articuno keeps wavering in interest now, and I'm considering making it a side-hunt, though that might not happen unless I still don't have it before the month ends. The Platinum BQ is just more interesting right now, but who knows? Good luck on those hunts everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  12. #1562
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    879

    Default

    All done for today. Hunt status: 500 Ducklett seen, 2,052 wings collected...
    Current Hunts


    2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

    SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

    8,000 SRs

  13. #1563
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    2,763

    Default

    Well, there goes another weekend without a yellow tepig... I'm hoping to get it by Wednesday now, because that would be two weeks of SRing.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  14. #1564
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Congrats on everybody's recent shinies!

    I'm up to 4,117 SRs for my shiny johto starter hunt. I'm getting pretty annoyed. The idea of this hunt was that it'd be quick and get me out of this stupid drought. 2 and a half months since my last shiny. Ugh I want this thing so bad. But I guess I shoukdnt complain so much it could be much worse. Hoping it doesn't surpass my totodile hunt.

    Good luck to everybody.

    Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest


    Complete!

    3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456




  15. #1565
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Managed to do 200 REs for Eevee today, which also means I did 200+ REs on SS, neither of which had any luck. I'm still far from reaching the odds though, so...

    Still, wouldn't mind getting that Shiny Eevee soon, since I'm not going to start Platinum BQ until I've got it. Now that I'm done with school, I should have a little more time to hunt. I'm also growing fond of the idea of a Shiny Nidoking (or Nidoqueen), so I kind of want to keep hunting there as well, but I only have 2 systems to use =\ I've planned on hunting on Black 2 for a while as well, so my thought was that after Eevee, I could hunt for Growlithe or Swablu/Altaria to start with, so both of my XLs would be used with Black 2 and Platinum, leaving no room for Soul Silver simultaneously...*Sigh* First world problems...

    Congrats on the shinies, though there weren't as many today. And sorry to hear about the Tynamo.

    As for the January CH, Option 1 seems alright just because Route 201 in Platinum has a 50% chance of finding a Starly (but also a 10% chance for Kricketot and 40%-50% chance for Bidoof...Ugh...). But since I don't even know that I'll be hunting on Platinum by then, or that I'll even be hunting on 201 (versus 203 or even 202), I won't actually vote...At this point, seeing as I'm so new to hunting and have lots of my own targets, CHes don't really have much meaning to me. Maybe once I've gotten a lot of my targets and a decent number of shinies like a lot of you, CHes would be a better option for me so I can stay motivated and have different targets and such, but not right now when I've completed 0 hunts ;_; .

    Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★


    Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

  16. #1566
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Man I want to catch a shiny in B2 so much. Shiny eevee I could make a shiny leafeon would be epic.

  17. #1567

    Default

    3,000 RE now at Route 14!
    Last edited by Shiny Lord; 18th December 2012 at 1:34 AM.
    Current Hunts


    Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

    White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

  18. #1568
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I voted for option 1 because I've been planning a Route 29 hunt for a while! I don't have anything found there yet so anything would do, but I'd be hoping for Sentret or Pidgey. I might switch to Route 1 (Kanto) at night and try and get a Pidgey there too, since I'd rather have Pidgey than HootHoot but we'll see! I don't mind which option wins though, since Charmander, Igglybuff, Pichu, Smoochum, Chimchar and Mudkip are all targets I want which would count for options 2 and 3!

    Anyways, as for updates, I did just under 500 RE today, need to try and squeeze in more tomorrow but was busy with SS and the White Treehollow. Planning to get the Dratini and not evolve it, because I'd rather hunt and evolve my own shiny Dragonite. It is a nifty prize though!

    Good luck to everyone on your hunts! And congrats any shinies since my last post, din't think there was many though... I'm still holding onto hope that I'll get a shiny something before or on Christmas day!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

    {??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

  19. #1569
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Another unsuccessful day of hunting on my SS BQ, even thoughI didn't do very much today, only played for a few hours because I spent all day studying for my biology exam tomorrow. After that though there is just one more exam and it'll be a cinch so I can hardcore hunt from here on out!!

    Overall, I'd say I only got 2-300 REs today.
    SoulSilver BQ



    Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

  20. #1570
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace.
    Posts
    3,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takecare View Post
    i just killed a shiny tynamo!!!!! my skill link minccino killed it
    at first i didnt know its shiny, i found out when it was to late
    Damn, that mighta suck D:

    I finished the BW2 Dex and got me a shiny charm

    Started off with 85 MM for Oshawott and 150 REs for a Trubbish or Minccino or Solosis in Route 5, nya~

  21. #1571
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Just hit 16,000 encounters and am calling it a night. 38 more encounters and it will be by second longest hunt ever. Here's hoping for better luck tomorrow

  22. #1572
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In QTR
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I got a shiny charmander, but I reset the game, because I thought I saved

    after I toke the five eggs but I didn't

    I remembered what happen when you trade a shiny egg

    to another game does the chance of the shiny change because I trade

    the 5 eggs I thought they have the shiny pokemon to my white 2
    Last edited by x.a.x; 17th December 2012 at 9:54 AM.


    My Shinies:

    3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric




  23. #1573
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    751

    Default

    A lot of shinies since I was last on so a massive congrats to all who have recently obtained one.

    Lately I've just been so busy with work and getting ready for xmas that I've had no real spare time to hunt. I've done a bit this morning but probably won't get much more done.

    Good luck to everyone this week, lets hope it's a good one.

  24. #1574
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x.a.x View Post
    I got a shiny charmander, but I reset the game, because I thought I saved

    after I toke the five eggs but I didn't

    I remembered what happen when you trade a shiny egg

    to another game does the chance of the shiny change because I trade

    the 5 eggs I thought they have the shiny pokemon to my white 2
    When you trade eggs with shinies to another game they usually won't be shiny in the other game. This is because the thing that determines if a pokemon is shiny is a calculation when the pokemon HATCHES between the Pokemons ID (PID) and the Trainer's Secret ID (SID)... and maybe the actual Trainer ID (TID). When you hatch it on a different game, the TID and SID are different, so the result if often a non-shiny in the egg.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

  25. #1575
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    When you trade eggs with shinies to another game they usually won't be shiny in the other game. This is because the thing that determines if a pokemon is shiny is a calculation when the pokemon HATCHES between the Pokemons ID (PID) and the Trainer's Secret ID (SID)... and maybe the actual Trainer ID (TID). When you hatch it on a different game, the TID and SID are different, so the result if often a non-shiny in the egg.
    I didn´t knew that, thanks for the heads up.

    Switched routes to villager bridge. Hate when a hunt takes over 2.5k random encounters.



    ~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

    ~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

    ~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Page 63 of 889 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •