Page 67 of 888 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 22183

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats for the lately shinies !
    I'm going to MM a jolly ponyta :P
    3DS FC: 2036 - 7438 - 6637

I got tired from hunting on my black 2 and decided to do some chaining on my platinum. At no more than a chain of 3 chingling I found a shiny patch. I was wondering if anyone here could help me find out what the odds for getting a shiny patch on a chain of 3 is. Is there a formula for this or someting. The reason why this is important for me to know is because I don't care much for lower odds shinies, but this one might be able to compete with my 1/8192 shinies. Any responds would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGoldenBlueberry

My 1/8192 shinies: Cyndaquil, Quilava, Bayleef,
    Meganium, Lugia, Venomoth, Bibarel,
    Roggenrolla, Magnemite, Clefairy
    (I'll make a fancy picture thing like everyone else later)

1,650 Duckletts now, and starting to max all my wing counts... Only Resist (979), Clever (943), Swift (970) and Pretty (678) left to go...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

6,400 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
    I got tired from hunting on my black 2 and decided to do some chaining on my platinum. At no more than a chain of 3 chingling I found a shiny patch. I was wondering if anyone here could help me find out what the odds for getting a shiny patch on a chain of 3 is. Is there a formula for this or someting. The reason why this is important for me to know is because I don't care much for lower odds shinies, but this one might be able to compete with my 1/8192 shinies. Any responds would be greatly appreciated.
    According to Serebii, the formula for chaining is...
    Chance = (14747 - 40*ChainNumber)/2621440(41-ChainNumber)
    So, you should be sitting at a chance of 0.0001468 for that chained shiny, which is only slightly less rare than a 1/8192 shiny, which is 0.0001221. Congrats!

And I'm sitting at 5000 RE's in Route 207, and hopefully much more for the rest of the week, as finals are here, meaning shorter school days and no homework. Good luck on those hunts!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

So I'm new to shiny hunting (besides chaining on Diamond), and I've spent over two weeks searching for shinies on Black 2. I did a ton of MM eggs, SRing, and random encounters but nothing would shine for me. But finally, after 1361 REs on Route 5, I found a shiny Liepard! I think I'll continue shiny hunting now, thanks to all the comments about not giving up on hunts. Oh, and good luck to everyone else!
    Last edited by pokemaster13; 20th December 2012 at 4:47 AM.

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunts

Oh gosh, unexpected surprise!!!
    As I mentioned in my last post, I was hatching 60 last Charmander eggs to get the number of eggs to 400 before I put it on hiatus and focus on Snover for Christmas, and after 366 eggs shiny Charmander is mine!!!

But that's not all, oh no, it's female!

I'm so excited you guys, I wanted but did not ever expect to get a female, but she's sat in my shiny box right now all golden and beautiful, my early Christmas present :3
    It's my first MM'd shiny too!

Pictures!
    http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/...4BB91EC174.jpg
    http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/...4B89A97A58.jpg

I plan to hatch the last few Charmander eggs and then move onto exclusively Snover, because I'd still like to take my chance and try and get a shiny snowy tree before Christmas :)
    Congrats on the Liepard, Chingling, Latias, Latios and anything I might have missed, sorry! And good luck everyone else on your hunts, don't get discouraged like I almost did and give up! Keep trying and you'll get those sparkles!

Edit: Just felt I should mention this is without a shiny charm, though the Masuda Method odds are pretty fair anyways!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 20th December 2012 at 5:34 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

I decided to temporarily forgo my Cubchoo hunt, partly because I'd rather one with Swift Swim and currently only have Snow Cloak. The main reason is that I decided I am going to try to finish a hunt I gave up on months ago: Porygon.

In the Moltres department, I've been cooling my jets similarly to gustavo with Articuno. While I still want it, if I concentrate too much on it, I burn out. Hopefully it shows mercy on me eventually, as I'd kind of like to continue my quest on SoulSilver at some point (to beat Red and catch the other legendaries in the game).

Best wishes, as always.

Edit: Congratulations on the Charmander, Lunafloon!
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

GAHHHHHHHHHH

So I did 300 REs today...Again, as I'm dual hunting, it's 600 combined REs between my Black 2 Eevee hunt and my Soul Silver hunt...

I had done 250 REs today, and it was 11:25 pm and said "I can do 50 more before midnight!" Which, like last night, after dedication and no distractions, I *did* manage to get the extra 50 in by 11:59...

AAAAAANNNNNDDDD as some of you may remember, I had an unfortunate instance a while back during my Eevee hunt, where I found out I had caught Pokerus, but didn't find out until who knows how many days after (It had been like 2 weeks since I last went to a pokecenter, and not expecting something so rare or knowing how exactly to tell if a pokemon had caught pokerus, I never bothered to see if I had caught it). But I decided after that, as unlikely as I was to catch it again, I would still check every night when I'm done hunting, so I can try to get my Pokemon into a deposit box before midnight (since I guess that's when pokerus will be cured, not after a 24 hour period).

See where this is going?

So I finish up at 11:59 on my Black 2 clock, which I'd been anxiously checking to make sure all my 300 REs are *technically* on the same day, and I had set my system clock at basically the exact same time on my other 3DS (I tried to sync them up so the minutes change at the same time). So quickly, knowing midnight is approaching in less than a minute, I check my front pokemon on first my Black 2, and then my Soul Silver.......

And what do I see when I click on the summary for my Soul Silver Krabby?

PKRS

UGH. POKERUS. AGAIN.

*sigh* I'm sorry for taking up so much space to vent. I'm at least calmed down now - my heart raced so fast and I got so shaky in my nervousness to Fly back to a Pokecenter to box up Krabby lest her pokerus get healed once midnight struck (making me say "what's wrong with you, getting so physically out of sorts over a video game?!"). I guess it can last for up to 4 days before being cured though, at least that's what I remember seeing, but I still didn't want to lose it a second time.

So yeah...Pokerus is supposed to be like 3x the rarity of finding a shiny, with a 1/21,845 chance of finding it...But so far, I've run into it twice, found only 1 shiny through luck and haven't found any in either of my hunts...And I have 5800 encounters on my trainers card on Black 2, and since almost 3k of those are from hunting, plus another 1k+ from EV training (neither of which I did on SS, drawing me to the conclusion that my total REs on there is ~2k-3k tops)....So that's less than 10k encounters between both games and I've found Pokerus twice?

Ok, Pokerus, you're cool and all, but I'd really just like my shiny Eevee(s) and shiny Nidoran(s)/Vulpix(es). So ease up and send me some shinies instead, please >.> Granted, I'm not even half way to reaching the odds, but if I could get Pokerus twice, I'd at least expect a hunt to finish....

And congrats on the other couple shinies I saw people got today, and good luck to everyone.

EDIT: Ah, another shiny since I started typing this essay - er, post. Congrats!
    Last edited by Cpchris; 20th December 2012 at 5:26 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 2,600 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#13) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 800 HBs
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

6,500 RE now at Route 14! Hopefully I will find something sooner than later. I want to finish up this badge quest. After I do so I plan on beating the rest of the game and then trading over one of my japaneese dittos from white so I can mm again. I've missed it. I might try to get the shiny charm as well. I also really want to hunt in Victory Road because there are some great shinies that you can find there.
    Last edited by Shiny Lord; 21st December 2012 at 4:40 AM.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Votes have been tallied and the winner for January's CH is option 2:
    Obtain a baby shiny: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Happiny, Munchlax, Riolu, Mantyke (via RE/SR/MM)
    So starting January 1st, baby pokemon will be everywhere

Guess I can continue the Smoochum hunt I abandoned >.<
    Anyways, Happy Holidays to everyone! I'm off for vacation, see you all in a week or two =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Obtain a baby shiny: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Happiny, Munchlax, Riolu, Mantyke (via RE/SR/MM)
    So starting January 1st, baby pokemon will be everywhere :p

Anyways, Happy Holidays to everyone! I'm off for vacation, see you all in a week or two =)
    Awesome, I'm hunting at Floccesy Ranch for my first Black 2 BQ shiny, so if I get Azurill or Riolu it'll count! Don't think I'll specifially try and finish this CH though since Badge Quest + Shiny Shaymin SR + trying to get shiny charm will keep me busy all January and possibly February too >3<
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Hey, guys. Congrats on the new shinies, especially that lovely shiny Charmander, Lunafloon. Female shiny starters are always an added bonus. ^_^

I'm now at 20,200 encounters for my 6th Heart Gold badge quest shiny. Urg... I think this hunt is striving to get into my 'top 5 longest shiny hunts' list (in 5th place at the moment is shiny Uxie, who took 23,303 SR). I just wish it would shine already; at this point I don't even care if I got a 2nd shiny Pidgey (since my shiny Pidgey from FR is Modest natured...) rather than a shiny Growlithe/Stantler.

I'm also at just over 3361 encounters for my next White 2 BQ shiny, and 800 soft resets for shiny Thundurus in White.

Good luck everybody.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Nice! I've decided to MM 3 shiny Tyrogue's so I can have all the shiny Hitmons! :] I just have to get through this BQ.. really hope I finish it before new years. Almost 6k encounters atm so I'm realllly hoping this doesn't take too long. Gratz on the shiny Liepard and Charmander and sorry about the Pokerus Cpchris hopefully something shines for you soon. Good luck everyone!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Another failed day again. I hatched 90 more eggs on black 2, and i've well passed the 8200 mark on my SS BQ. Mareep won't shine. Nothing will. I was hoping for some good luck to start myself off.

If I can't get my stupid MM target to hatchby the end of the month, 781 eggs hatched now, I'll definitely move on for the next one. Maybe I'll go after elekid or Smoochum, or anybody really. Riolu would be awesome!
    Last edited by Charoshi; 20th December 2012 at 8:00 AM.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    Another failed day again. I hatched 90 more eggs on black 2, and i've well passed the 8200 mark on my SS BQ. Mareep won't shine. Nothing will. I was hoping for some good luck to start myself off.

If I can't get my stupid MM target to hatchby the end of the month, 781 eggs hatched now, I'll definitely move on for the next one. Maybe I'll go after elekid or Smoochum, or anybody really. Riolu would be awesome!
    I feel your pain! But don't give up it pays off! I've MM'd gothitelle after 142 eggs, and a loppunny after 483, but didn't get a shiny meowth like I wanted after 5232 eggs... I'm currently SRing for a shiny Cobalion, so far 123 SRs and keeping strong!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

FIRST BADGE QUEST SHINY COMPLETE!
    Omg I can't believe how lucky I am! After only FIVE DAYS of SRing, Shiny Snivy graced my screen! Here's some pics!
        Spoiler:- SHINY FREAKING SNIVY!:

I'm so happy right now! I think my games work on reserve physiology: when I got both this and Purrloin I was thinking how I probably wouldn't get it! It's not nicknamed cause I was saving time on each SR. Could've been a better nature but I'm way to ecstatic about this too care! My first proper SR hunt and it didn't even take a week! Here's it's IV's: HP:0-9 Attack:0-9, Defense:2-12, Special Attack:10-21, Special Defense:13-23, Speed:8-18. Looks like it'll be a special attacker then. Quirky nature is neutral which is good, and Impetuous and Silly is a Speed Characteristic which is awesome! I'll beat Cheren and then I'll start on my next hunt: a Mareep in Floccessy Ranch which I'll be using static for. So happy right now and best of luck to everyone of course! WHOO HOOO!

My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Y Multi MM/Deino White BQ #7

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Smoochum likes you :3

Alright I'm awake again, time for a little 500-1000 random encounters. I really want something to shine. This aint normal anymore.

Is it against the rules if I already start collecting mm eggs for the CH? :-P

I'm thinking of getting every IG shiny gift pokémon by MM. :-P That would mean more then just randomly getting them.
    Last edited by Dylz; 20th December 2012 at 10:55 AM.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    Thanks to Round Charm and lv 10 Nursery I can easily collect AND hatch around 250-300 eggs a day, especially on weekends. And I don't even have to waste time depositing/witdrawing eggs and pokemon from the pc as well as releasing them. Basically I save before colecting 5 eggs, then head to the Nursery, hatch them and if there is no shiny I SR and start the process all over again.

But I suppose in the end its really up to you

(side note: I always refuse the first egg from the Day Care man because apparently the first egg is always the same)
    Ah! I didn't think to SR with eggs! Thanks, that was a great tip, I actually now don't need three level 10 nurseries lol, I was getting so broke from constantly hatching eggs.

Oh a side note, I got a shiny Mandibuzz from GTS today. At first I was really excited because I put out a normal braviary for a mandibuzz and I thought the person on the other end was ignorant, then I realised the mandibuzz was caught in a masterball at level 60 on village bridge... Eh, don't like hacked pokemon. Oh well, at least my pokedex now has a registered mandibuzz shiny form.
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by RaichuArcanine View Post
    FIRST BADGE QUEST SHINY COMPLETE!
    Omg I can't believe how lucky I am! After only FIVE DAYS of SRing, Shiny Snivy graced my screen! Here's some pics!
        Spoiler:- SHINY FREAKING SNIVY!:

I'm so happy right now! I think my games work on reserve physiology: when I got both this and Purrloin I was thinking how I probably wouldn't get it! It's not nicknamed cause I was saving time on each SR. Could've been a better nature but I'm way to ecstatic about this too care! My first proper SR hunt and it didn't even take a week! Here's it's IV's: HP:0-9 Attack:0-9, Defense:2-12, Special Attack:10-21, Special Defense:13-23, Speed:8-18. Looks like it'll be a special attacker then. Quirky nature is neutral which is good, and Impetuous and Silly is a Speed Characteristic which is awesome! I'll beat Cheren and then I'll start on my next hunt: a Mareep in Floccessy Ranch which I'll be using static for. So happy right now and best of luck to everyone of course! WHOO HOOO!
    Dear Jalorda! Snivys' an awesome shiny. Congratz! Shoulda named it Shivy. *silence*...

Yay, can start that Shiny Riolu hunt I wanted to do. Or I may do Cleffa, for my mum, she lost a shiny Clefairy .

Anyway, in area 9 of White Tree Hollow. Just want a shiny Dratini... Given up on Abra from SS Gamecorner. Hopefully either Kyurem or Heatmor will shine by Christmas. Went to examine the boxes under my familys Christmas Tree, and their was a giant rip in one of mine ^-^'. Don't let dogs near presents...

Near 60 Heatmor eggs, I hope if I get a shiny Heatmor it's a male. Growlithe just won't shine so all my SS hutns are on hold.

Congratz to everyone on their shinys and Good Luck everybody!
    Last edited by supersmew; 20th December 2012 at 10:35 AM.

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Is it against the rules if I already start collecting mm eggs for the CH? :-P
    No, but if you happen to hatch a shiny before Jan 1st by accident, it won't count for the CH
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

I just got a shiny Ekans after 85 eggs by MM'ing in Black 2! I had the 1 in 1,366 chance.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

No, but if you happen to hatch a shiny before Jan 1st by accident, it won't count for the CH
    Ah good to know, I might just collect 300 Eggs before 1st January, hatch them and if fail, I'll just go RE'ing for a shiny Magby. :3

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Okay, that'll be fun. If my hunt doesn't turn up anything that'll be the CH I'll do.
    Oh and I have about 400 eggs hatched and neither of which showed promises,
    I'm gonna dual hunt, one DS is for an RE hunt and the other for MM.
    Won't you shine before Christmas, oh wonderful purple thing you?

Time to go for that Black and White Roserade.

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Ah! I didn't think to SR with eggs! Thanks, that was a great tip, I actually now don't need three level 10 nurseries lol, I was getting so broke from constantly hatching eggs.

Oh a side note, I got a shiny Mandibuzz from GTS today. At first I was really excited because I put out a normal braviary for a mandibuzz and I thought the person on the other end was ignorant, then I realised the mandibuzz was caught in a masterball at level 60 on village bridge... Eh, don't like hacked pokemon. Oh well, at least my pokedex now has a registered mandibuzz shiny form.
    It might be legit, in BW1 they are found at up to lv. 60 and it might be in a masterball because it has whirlwind

Page 67 of 888 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast