Page 685 of 894 FirstFirst ... 585635675681682683684685686687688689695735785 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,125 of 22337

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats to Kyle Clarthy on Electrode, Cutty on Swirlix, Fletchling, and Flabebe, blue8arman on Gulpin, shadowkrow on Sandshrew, nickM on Larvesta, dark1raven3 on Venipede and Feebas, Supremacy on Fennekin (nice to see a reward after such a long hunt!), and ashcrimson777 on Ralts and Chansey!

Did some more SRing today, which brings the total to 2,800 SRs for Zapdos. I also decided I would change things up by dual hunting, so last night I restarted my HeartGold and finally began a BQ on it. I'll be happy with whichever starter decides to shine! That hunt is at 400 SRs right now.

Good luck on all your hunts!
    Last edited by pokemaster13; 17th March 2014 at 2:05 AM.

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunts

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies

It took me awhile but I have finally completed the Pokedex and obtained the Shiny Charm. Now I can start hatching for my next shiny. Going to try for another shiny Zorua first to see if I can get one with max speed this time. Hopefully it won't take nearly as long as my first one did.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

OH MY! I JUST SCREAMED LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!! I was reading up on here like I usually do every couple days and reading about peoples BQs and Current hunts and all of the sudden a shiny Bellsprout shows up on my SS BQ!!! It's a male and I named him James. Rocket fans see what I did there? BUT YEA! Congrats everyone! I can finally move onto beating Falkner and moving onto my next BQ Pokemon.

Aaaah yes, sweet justice. <3

Shivy Ivysaur shone for me just a couple of minutes ago! I was so expecting that to happen but, after three Quilladin in a row, I would not have bothered that at all. I've been seeing a lot of female Ivysaur in the safari while looking for Tangela lately (I'd say I saw more females than males, seriously!) so I was kinda expecting a girl to show up eventually. And it was! A beautiful girl, aaaah! <3 I just prefer this Pokémon as a female ever since I saw May's female Bulbasaur and I was so glad it was one for me. I could also name her Ivy because it's pretty feminine. Caught her in a Nest Ball with a critical capture!
    It's Modest nature thanks to the synchronizer I have for an offensive Tangrowth and has the ability Overgrow. I believe Chlorophyll would've been something really sweet but we can't have everything, I guess. Her IVs are...
    20-23/31/14-17/31/31/1-3. I don't even mind Overgrow anymore at this point judging her Speed IV. I'm glad she's got some bulk, though. She's going to be an awesome and bulky Mega female Venusaur someday. That is, if I get the guts to buy the Venusaurite at horrifying price in Lumiose City...

Onto phase 5 for Tangela!

Congratulations on the latest shinies (especially you, Supremacy!) and good luck everyone (especially you, TheMaster327, you'll get the birds soon)!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 17th March 2014 at 2:06 AM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I want to hatch a shiny Pokémon but so far none of the potentials for my IV breeding (Gastly & Klefki) have shone.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Female Pokemon can now pass down their Hidden Ability when breeding with Ditto. I tested it out myself and it works.
    No way! That's fantastic! Most of my DW Pokémon are females and they have some mediocre stats and a lot of their partners aren't up to par either.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I want to hatch a shiny Pokémon but so far none of the potentials for my IV breeding (Gastly & Klefki) have shone.
    Shiny Mega Gengar is god.
    I am currently trying for a shiny Eevee, to evolve into an Umbreon named Dusk. I would like it to be a girl, since I personally think all the eeveeloutions look feminine, but with Eevee's gender ratio, I doubt this will be possible. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Actually, this was changed in Gen VI. Female Pokemon can now pass down their Hidden Ability when breeding with Ditto. I tested it out myself and it works.
    Needs checking since I'm not sure, but I think that's already the case since Gen V.

The only change in Gen VI is male being able to pass its HA as well, hence why Serebii only reported that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    I am currently trying for a shiny Eevee, to evolve into an Umbreon named Dusk. I would like it to be a girl, since I personally think all the eeveeloutions look feminine, but with Eevee's gender ratio, I doubt this will be possible. Wish me luck!
    Via MM, I guess? If you want it to be a specific gender, you can try hunting one in the Friend Safari instead, with a male Cute Charm lead. Higher chance to get a female that way.

But yeah, the stats and Nature may suck since you can't control them.

anyway

600 eggs and no black dog yet.......but while I'm on my other hunt (female Shiny Braixen hunt on an FS, with a male Cute Charm lead to increase the chance of a female one showing up)

......a female Shiny HA Braixen shows up

Unfortunately she's Jolly, so I'm going to use her as a physical attacker (yay physical Braixen). And yes, I won't evolve her.

However, if next game(s) didn't have Zen Headbutt move tutor again, I'll change her into a special attacker anyway, despite the Nature.

Here's a pic of her:

I wanted to capture her on a Luxury Ball, but she kept breaking out with no critical capture in sight. Threw a Timer Ball......and it's a critical capture -_-

One ball that didn't need a critical capture because it already has high chance to begin with (several turns have passed by the time I threw it), and it gets critical capture ._.

Oh well, at least I caught her. Timer Ball is my second choice for her ball, anyway.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Still no damn shiny bird. 12 hours today and nothing STILL. Really starting to get annoyed at this hunt, but I must persevere and hopefully get something soon! Congrats on the recent shinies everyone! (even if it depresses me that the luck isn't coming my way...)
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

15,100 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Shiny Mega Gengar is god.
    It really is wonderful and what inspired me to work on it first. While I usually want Haunter to be male (I tend not to keep Gastlys as Gastly for too long), I always want Gengar to be female [so I hope the shiny one I breed is a female].

Good luck on shiny female Eevee! I disagree about them all looking feminine but to each their own.
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 17th March 2014 at 2:56 AM.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    It really is wonderful and what inspired me to work on it first. While I usually want Haunter to be male (I tend not to keep Gastlys as Gastly for too long), I always want Gengar to be female.

Good luck on shiny female Eevee! I disagree about them all looking feminine but to each their own.
    I like you.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Via MM, I guess? If you want it to be a specific gender, you can try hunting one in the Friend Safari instead, with a male Cute Charm lead. Higher chance to get a female that way.

But yeah, the stats and Nature may suck since you can't control them.
    Congrats on your shiny Braixen. If you can't tell, l love Braixen.
    Good luck on your shiny Furfrou.

Does the FS affect the chances of getting a shiny though? I was pretty sure you can't chain in there either...

Last 3 eggs in my 330 batch - looks like I'm going to be crying lol

T_T

T_T

T_T

Not very happy ;-;
    I want to give up the hunt because even if it does hatch, with this luck it won't hatch with Immunity. But I just can't give up a hunt I worked this far on..

Luck has been horrible. Last three hunts have been 1.2k, a collective 1.5k, and now 1.4k ongoing

Now to check some IVs and trade them over GTS for legendaries for other legendaries lol

Today's total hatch count; 330
    Overall all total; 1,410
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

While I was doing my soft resets for a chain (I save, go into a patch and if it isn't the Pokemon I want, I soft reset), I was going to go after a shiny Haunter. I ended up walking into a chain with Weepinbell, and there, a damn shiny Weepinbell. I caught him, but he's not my favorite kind of Pokemon ^^' I might use him as a status inflicter, maybe. He still needs a nickname.
    hey look I found my password! I haven't been on Serebii since who knows when, so I apologize if I'm a little noobish c:

I currently have no shinies for trade, my X Save File was corrupted and I lost a total of 67 Shinies. I'm trying to reclaim these at the moment.

Edit: on a long road to recovering shinies. I have reclaimed my Goodra, Ampharos, and Whimsicott. Currently working on Vanillite.

TSV: 2454

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dance View Post
    While I was doing my soft resets for a chain (I save, go into a patch and if it isn't the Pokemon I want, I soft reset), I was going to go after a shiny Haunter. I ended up walking into a chain with Weepinbell, and there, a damn shiny Weepinbell. I caught him, but he's not my favorite kind of Pokemon ^^' I might use him as a status inflicter, maybe. He still needs a nickname.
    Name it NotHaunter.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Hello I am new to the forums and this is my very first post I used to be known here as Cocoadragon if anyone remembers me but now I am LullabyVullaby I hunt for shinies using a lot of methods but my main methods are RE, SR, and HB(headbutting) these are usually the methods I use for hunting. I do not look down on those who MM or Chain everyone has there preferred method. Chaining and MM take a lot of patience and can consume a lot of your time which is why I normally don't do them :P. My favorite shiny of all shinies is Ledian I just love it's color palette even though in competitive its complete garbage (that comet punch set though.). Anyway enough of my boring life story I am going to start anew and share with you all that my current hunt is for a Druddigon in Dragonspiral tower in Black/White I am already 4000 Sweet Scents in yes I prefer sweet scenting over REing in this place to be more symmetrical? I like every thing here so whatever I get I'd be happy with. Congrats on all the shinies before I joined and good luck on all you hunts in my next post I will congratulate you guys individually but since I just started you will have to accept my general congrats. I will edit my signature with the targets that can be found where I'm hunting and how many REs/SRs I'm at currently again good luck with All your hunts.
    -LullbayVullaby-
    Last edited by LullabyVullaby; 17th March 2014 at 3:43 AM.

Congrats to CallMyName on both Mareep, KittyKitty3308 on Honedge, ShadowRadon on Bulbasaur, Rotifer on Snivy, varanus_komodoensis on Ekans, Kyle Clarthy on Electrode, Shadowkrow on Sandshrew, NickM on Larvesta, dark1raven3 on Venipede and Feebas, PKMN Trainer Gray on Froakie, ClipOwl on Fletchling, Supremacy on Fennekin, ashcrimson777 on Ralts, Blastonite on Bellsprout, and everyone else on your shinies!

---------

Quote Originally Posted by LullabyVullaby View Post
    Hello I am new to the forums and this is my very first post I used to be known here as Cocoadragon if anyone remembers me but now I am LullabyVullaby
    Welcome back

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gligari View Post
    I know how you feel I was killing it in February, got 4 1/8192 shinies. None in march so far lol. Good luck on your growlithe hunt. If you repel trick you can at least eliminate Magbys and magnemites. Just use a level 14 pokemon.
    It’s been a bad time for a lot of people And I’m not gonna repel trick just yet. Aside from kind of wanting one more Magnemite (NOT Magby!), I really wanna find this Growlithe with its normal encounter rate…It’s 20%, I shouldn’t need to repel trick >.< But since I might end up going after a second one, I’ll definitely repel trick it that time. I hope March surprises you in its second half

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticInverse View Post
    Anyways congrats on all the great shinies and good luck to everybody but especially those with long hunts like Cpchris and Gligari!
    Thanks, and I really hope you don’t find any more pooches after all those SRs…That’s just cruel if you do =\

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Clarthy View Post
    Heya guys and girls! Congrats to everyone, as usual. Half congrats/sympathies to CP for that Magby... It's nice to get a shiny, sure, but Growlithe is an evil, evil Pokémon that must shine for you soon. Hopefully it does! Fingers crossed for you, as well as anyone else struggling with their hunt lately.
    Haha, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Also, lots of luck to Cpchris, TheMaster327, Gligari, Roseheart95, and everyone else with long hunts - hope your targets shine soon
    Thank you

-----------

So I was rewatching my shiny Starly video yesterday, and I noticed it was holding a Yache berry at the time. I figured it was probably a 50% held item or something easy to get, but it turns out it’s only 5%! So that was pretty neat, and a nice surprise to find out about an older shiny Even if it isn’t really anything too special…

------------

Up to 23,400 SRs for Giratina, 1,900 REs for Growlithe, and 8,200 REs for Rattata (yay for reaching the odds again ). Though presently, I’m not as upset about my hunts as I am about the fact that Nickelodeon apparently isn’t going to release the soundtrack for Avatar: The Last Airbender because the Korra soundtrack didn’t sell well enough to them (despite the fact that it sold pretty well for soundtrack standards). It puts me in a mood composed of sadness and anger :c I mean, I’m basically throwing my money at them, along with plenty of other people…

And speaking of money, I volunteered myself on Friday to bus if needed tomorrow night, being St. Patrick’s Day (and despite being a Monday). I got a call tonight and was asked if I’d still want to since it looks like we might be busy, so of course I said yes. So I’ll now be cooking in the morning from 10-3, then bussing from ~4:30-~9. So basically, I probably won’t get to hunt much. But presently, I have Tuesday and Wednesday off (another good reason I’m working tomorrow night), so I should have plenty of time to hunt then.

The thing that really bothers me about working doubles is the fact that I can’t really hunt Rattata at night. Once I’m onto targets that don’t depend on time, it won’t matter so much. Luckily the next few hunts I have planned (Ho-Oh, Magikarp, Heracross) will be the same no matter the time, so that’ll be good. Though if I’m lucky, I’ll have moved on in Platinum by then, in which case I’ll be hunting pokemon that do change based on the time (Ponyta, Scyther). Urg, I can’t win >.<

So it looks like no St. Patty’s Day shiny for me, though I may try to squeeze in 100 REs between shifts or do 100-200 after work (depending on when I get out), so maybe I’ll see some luck.

Good luck, everyone
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 6,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 4,600 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1,400 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Haha, I just might, Chris. Otherwise he shall be dubbed Bob. At least he'll be a useful Sweet Scenter.

Also welcome back Lullaby c: I love Ledian as well, I have one I'm raising for a team at the moment.
    hey look I found my password! I haven't been on Serebii since who knows when, so I apologize if I'm a little noobish c:

I currently have no shinies for trade, my X Save File was corrupted and I lost a total of 67 Shinies. I'm trying to reclaim these at the moment.

Edit: on a long road to recovering shinies. I have reclaimed my Goodra, Ampharos, and Whimsicott. Currently working on Vanillite.

TSV: 2454

I got a shiny!

Egg #705 hatched into this pretty red bird. I'm very pleased with her ^_^

Community hunt complete x3!

And that ends the effort I'm expending on this month's CH... I already have all the snake pokemon and I don't need duplicates. I might breed for hawlucha, but when is still up in the air. I'm splitting my time in Y between horde hunts on Route 10 and breeding for my adamant Iron Fist golett.

My next MM target in Black 2 is the bane of shiny hunters who go after the Hoenn starters: the dreaded Shiny Poochyena

Mine will be much easier to catch, though ;D
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Omg I'm going after miteyana on route 15 so good luck to you.
    I CAME IN WITH A PIKACHU

Wat
    After a mere 2048 SRs, 3 days after Bulbasaur.
    Guess what appeared, none other than a shiny FREAKIN' SQUIRTLE
    Pic:http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps383f429e.jpg
    Pic 2:http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6a7dd233.jpg
    its hella green
    My Best Shinies:

Congrats to Cyberra on her lovely Shiny Chatot, and everyone else on their shinies! I haven't been hunting much between TAFE assesments(all of which I have passed ^_^) and reading(Allegiant currently). I've hatched 1,550 Sandile now, and I'm kinda sick of seeing the little crocodile, so I'm focusing more on my Mudkip hunt, which is at 785 SR's atm. Welcome back to LullabyVullaby I was wondering where you went I'm restarting my file for Mudkip every 50 SR's. I dreamt the other night that I saw the Shiny Poochyena on my game..so maybe that's a sign haha. Good luck to everyone!
    EDIT: I've decided to hunt Mudkip on HG instead. More importantly, I'm starting my Badge Quest on Platinum, with Chimchar as my first target.
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 17th March 2014 at 11:43 AM.

My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Y Multi MM/Deino White BQ #7

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

MOAR shinies!

It's not a shiny, adamant Iron Fist golett, but a shiny electrike is pretty darn sweet

After 753 hordes/3,765 pokemon, I get a blue wolf cub. She's going to be such a cute black manectric once I get her evolved. Now I just need the manectite from X

I'll be continuing my horde hunt on route 10, mostly because I'm too lazy to switch hunting areas right now. Will be swapping out my lead pokemon (don't need to use the static trick anymore) and seeing if I can scare up a blue yanma or a gold nosepass.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by LullabyVullaby View Post
    Hello I am new to the forums and this is my very first post I used to be known here as Cocoadragon if anyone remembers me but now I am LullabyVullaby
    Welcome back! =) Tho I'm not sure you can say you're new to the forums if you used to be Cocoadragon and used to be very active the shiny threads

@Cyberra, did you get all three categories? I can't remember and it's far too many pages for me to sift through >.<

@everyone, if you get all three parts of the CH done, please make a note of it so I can put you on the front page.

I don't think I've posted my last shiny, which was shiny Mankey!
    Which makes part two of the CH completed. I'll probably try for Hawlucha to finish off the CH, but right now I've become distracted by my Y game.
    I've scrapped my Wonderlocke in favor of completing the game and getting a shiny charm on it
    When I've finally accomplished that I'm going to breed a ton of Bulbizarres (teehee, french names, love them) until I reclaim my shiny female, this time with it's hidden ability!
    I only realized after getting most of the way through X that "Dangertrout" actually fits now, and I could have had that as my characters name.
    Now I'm on a quest to reclaim all my shinies with that as my OT, given the number of shinies I own, this will take a very long while
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Spoiler:- Congratulations to:

Today I found another shiny Gloom in the X Friend Safari while looking for Venomoth, this is my 4th Gloom, hope Venomoth shines soon.

An update on my legendary hunts:
    Regice 1505 SR's in B2 (shiny charm)
    Latias 3251 SR's in W2 (shiny charm)
    Lugia 16276 SR's in both SS and HG, I ended up restarting HG to increase the chances and get the extra masterball.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts, specially to Cpchris on Giratina and Roseheart95 on Lugia!
    Last edited by Keovix; 17th March 2014 at 7:00 PM.

Just a correction there, I didn't get Lillipup. I got two Patrat xD
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by ashcrimson777 View Post
    And stealing Lucky Eggs from Chansey's when someone said "I'll be the third"
    Joy the Chansey. She also has her Hidden Ability ‪=D #*3rdChansey‬ ‪#*CaughtInDaWild‬
    ‪#*I‬'mAChanseyMagnet
    Attachment 12123
    I need a chansey safari for some lucky eggs, lol.

Anyway last night finished up my team for my free x for nintendo.
    Shiny Piplup(random hatch), Shiny charmander (thanks random wonder trade), Shiny porygon (295 eggs), Shiny lickitung (765), Shiny voltorb ( 450), and finally onix (290) last night.

Finally done. Took about a month. But worth it. They are a kinda of strange group but kinda fun.
    3ds Friend Code - 5129-0810-5937 - Li'l L (well Logan) - Let me know if you add me! Combee and Illumise
    3ds Friend Code 2 - 0989-1735-3029 - Tecumsah - Espurr and Grumpig.
    I have pokerus if you need it, just let me know!

Page 685 of 894 FirstFirst ... 585635675681682683684685686687688689695735785 ... LastLast