Page 76 of 941 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 23509

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I'm still working on my Whitney hunt, and I will be *attempting* to work on my hunt for turtwig. Hopefully something shines soon, as it has been a week since I started hunting with 5/8192 odds xD

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

No, I am sure people here do care about your efforts, but, and it occurs in most threads, some people don't take notice. Shiny Ho-oh is amazing though. Some people are just idiots anyway.

Anyways, I just got a used Heart Gold with Pokewalker. Checked the file, and he had two legit looking Shiny Unown too.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Hey everyone. At 1220 random encounters this is the longest hunt I've had so far. I know this is far below the odds but it feels pretty long all the same. It doesn't help that I'm only doing it at night because I want a shiny Gastly. I know I could change the time on my ds to make it easier but I'd rather not. Can't wait for the new community hunt. Good luck everyone!
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

11,500 RE now at Route 14! Again hoping something comes soon! I probably won't finish this badge quest before the New Year at this rate! Congrats to everyones recent shinies!
    Last edited by Shiny Lord; 29th December 2012 at 4:47 AM.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Ok, everybody stop the RNG abuse vs Non-RNG abuse debate. Everyone has their preferred method of obtaining shinies, and that's just the way it is. Shinies obtained either way are equally valuable TO THE PERSON WHO SPENT THE TIME TO GET THEM.
    @StoneyPikachu,
    When we say SRing is unlike RNG abuse, we're not saying we're not manipulating the RNG in any way, we're only taking the certainty out of the encounter.
    That is the difference between RNG abusers and shiny hunters. Shiny hunters don't know when the shiny will come and that makes it more entertaining to them.
    If you want to RNG abuse, go right ahead. If you want to rave about your latest RNG abused shiny pokemon here you can.
    However, there is a thread here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ore-Posting%29
    That thread is geared more towards RNG-abusers, so the people there will likely appreciate your hard work better than some of the people here who don't understand RNG-abuse and how difficult it can be sometimes.
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 28th December 2012 at 4:49 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Decided to take a break from hatching Deino in order to begin training the Gible Benga gave me. What do I find in my first encounter in the dark grass? A shiny Tranquill, level 63. Welcome to the team, Dreads.
    Last edited by General_Ridley; 28th December 2012 at 5:10 PM.

Update on my shiny hunt: hatched my 900th Zorua egg last night and no shiny. Boxed 100 more and will more than likely reach 1,000 hatched this weekend.

Good luck to all!!
    Last edited by YNCRN; 28th December 2012 at 5:05 PM.
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

ok, one more person ignores the rules and I'll stop running the Community Hunts
    Argue about the validity of RNG abuse SOMEWHERE ELSE

I have a problem that kind of makes me not want to shiny hunt anymore. And that is just boredom. After about 10 minutes of just REing, I get bored, and want to quit, and do something else in the game, like train. But the question always comes up, "What if I find a shiny pokemon while training, and it's not one of my hunt?" I love shinies, but just hunting for them is tiring. Is there anything I can do to keep myself in the mood for shiny hunting?
    Got my copy of X!

Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    I have a problem that kind of makes me not want to shiny hunt anymore. And that is just boredom. After about 10 minutes of just REing, I get bored, and want to quit, and do something else in the game, like train. But the question always comes up, "What if I find a shiny pokemon while training, and it's not one of my hunt?" I love shinies, but just hunting for them is tiring. Is there anything I can do to keep myself in the mood for shiny hunting?
    Maybe listening to music might help not be bored. and I find looking at a image of the shiny your hunting encouraging.

Updates on my hunts, started using Static in Flocessy Ranch. Been hunting there for around 4-5 hours. AND ONLY 2 RIOLU?! Well, I only really want Marrep or Patrat (OMG WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?)...

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    10 minutes.... wow maybe do something else while shiny hunting if its that boring lol you could race other people for shinies to keep you motivated.

anyways an update on my hunts elekid is @2100 REs and i just began hunting for diglett this morning and im not counting good luck everyone~
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

I usually hunt in the morning after I wake up which i think is a time where you get.

Also when you hunt you can watch TV/listen to music
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

So i been sick all week and i decided to pick up my ds and start reing again where i left off and, FINALLY after 3 shiny basculin and 1shiny herdeir which im getting rid of all of them , i got my shiny shes naive and i just evolved her so happy. She took 1971 re's. im gonna ev train her .
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...2-28at1320.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...2-28at1352.jpg

Congrats on oshawott, and any other i may have missed keep u the good work peeps.
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

Obtained the 'usual' Shiny Basculin just 5 minutes ago.
    Was a RE during EV-training...wasnt even looking for shinies tbh.
    Very hard to see the difference between a shiny and non-shiny Basculin btw if you missed the sparkles!

Finally after 2523 random encounters on victory road i have managed to capture my shiny Tranquill! I was just about to give up and go MM some starters when i look at the screen and this lovely green and purple bird sparkles at me. I got it in a luxury ball too. Wow my 2nd RE shiny and this one feels special i started this RE hunt on Christmas Eve and now i have it it is great! I didn't mind either Tranquill or Altaria to shine so i am really happy. I am now wondering if it is worth turning the DS off to switch the rng or if i should keep it on and try for my 3rd RE shiny... hmm i'll think about it for a few minutes.
    Shinies are good.

You should keep it. Always worth keeping the shinies. And between us, that's two shiny tranquill today.

I'm going to hunt tonight...my White 2 file has 6592 REs on it according to the trainer card, and no shiny has appeared on it. I'll try to get to 8192 (the odds) by December 31st. Wish me luck! And thanks for the tips everyone!
    Got my copy of X!

Success!

I filled about 11 boxes with Porygon eggs a few days before Christmas and began hatching them yesterday. On the 215th egg, a shiny Porygon hatched! It has a Rash nature. I've found my MM shinies never have the Everstoned nature, but hey, this isn't too bad of a nature for a Porygon.

No news on the Moltres front, but I'm keeping on that hunt.

Congratulations on the Basculin, Feebas, Oshawott, Tranquill, and any others I missed. Best of luck to everyone else.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

Quote Originally Posted by Farscape0031 View Post
    Obtained the 'usual' Shiny Basculin just 5 minutes ago.
    Was a RE during EV-training...wasnt even looking for shinies tbh.
    Very hard to see the difference between a shiny and non-shiny Basculin btw if you missed the sparkles!
    Is finding Shiny Basculin easy or something? If it is I might hunt for that!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

easiest shiny to find are abra from game corner in fire red/leaf green, johto starters in hg/ss
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPikachu View Post
    it's not fair because i have soft ressetting lately, posted a vid of my shiny ho-oh and have been actively talking about my shiny lugia quest... i guess because i learned RNG i am not allowed to join in here with you guys...
    You can join and stay here, just don't talk about RNG, okay?

Also, I apologize if it sounds like an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by pxm1 View Post
    easiest shiny to find are abra from game corner in fire red/leaf green, johto starters in hg/ss
    eh, they have the same base chance as any other shiny, so they're not easier than any other shinies.

In fact, getting a shiny in 3rd Gen game like FR/LG is actually harder, because you're stuck with the basic 1/8192 chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Is finding Shiny Basculin easy or something? If it is I might hunt for that!
    It's not easier than any other shinies, it's just that people usually finds them while they are not looking for a shiny, but simply EV training.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    ok, one more person ignores the rules and I'll stop running the Community Hunts
    Argue about the validity of RNG abuse SOMEWHERE ELSE
    ....I admit I'm kinda annoyed when I already said "stop" yet they continue the talk. I guess I'll just delete all the RNG talk posts. Let's just say the talk never happened ._.
    You should have told me if they continue the talk even after I said "stop".

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ....I admit I'm kinda annoyed when I already said "stop" yet they continue the talk. I guess I'll just delete all the RNG talk posts. Let's just say the talk never happened ._.
    You should have told me if they continue the talk even after I said "stop".
    You were offline at the time, and it seemed to have stopped after my last post anyways =)

In other news, I can't SR on my main DS lite anymore, I seem to have killed my L button trying to get my shiny Mesprit T_T
    So I'm back to REing in W2. Just wandering around right now, not looking on any particular route. Hopefully I run into something sparkly tonight =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    You were offline at the time, and it seemed to have stopped after my last post anyways =)
    well, any other mods who can deal with posts on GPD also works.

And by the way, I know a few of you wrote a good "essay" back there during the RNG talk, if you want it back then tell me via VM/PM, I can C+P it to your VM.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Congrats on all the shines everyone!

I've finally made it to the 3,000 RE mark...At 3,100 REs now. Presently, that puts me at 3,945 REs (not counting Double Battles) since my first/previous shiny, so almost half way to the odds in that respect.

As for my hunting in SoulSilver, I haven't been keeping track the whole time (originally, it was just something to do to keep hunting when I wasn't able to devote my full attention to Eevee), but I know about where I started my dual hunting on my tally sheet, and so far, I've done 1,300 on there by tally. Before that, I'd done probably a few hundred, and at other times when I'm not dual hunting and just running through the grass when I think to, I've probably done another few hundred, so that probably puts me at around 1900 REs. And if my playthrough on SS were roughly similar to my Black 2 playthrough in terms of how many pokemon were encountered throughout my journey (not counting the EV encounters I had, since I didn't EV train in SS), and considering SS is 2 regions, then it probably adds on about 1,500 - 2,000 REs, putting me roughly at 4,000 REs on SoulSilver...

Also, I've sort of decided that when I start my Platinum BQ (after I find Eevee, which is likely a long way off, and maybe after I find a shiny on SS now that I've been hunting on it this long), I'll try to SR a starter. I wasn't originally going to, since all I really cared about were Starly and Shinx who are in the first routes anyways, but...This way feels more right, maybe just because it seems like most people have gotten starters on their BQs, so it's like an unofficial rule almost, and to not get one would make my BQ seem slightly less legitimate. I also figure that this way, I'd at least be able to say I've done an SR hunt, as they're much longer/difficult to do, and Platinum apparently being at least one of the longer SRs would make me feel like I've completed one of the most challenging/longest SRs (so I won't have to ask myself: "But could I have succeeded on one of the more difficult games to SR on?").

None of the starters so far are really any pokemon that I'd REALLY want to get shiny (except for Charmander), not that they're bad to get (the Johto/Kanto starters would all be cool and look decent enough, shiny or not), but none of them ever really made me want them bad enough to go after them, which is why I figured I'd just go straight for Starly/Shinx as my first BQ shiny. But Empoleon and Torterra both look decent enough on their own that it'll still be cool to get them shiny, unlike something like Infernape, Blaziken, or Sceptile, none of whom I find appealing shiny or otherwise. So I'm setting my sights on a shiny Piplup, since I think I prefer Empoleon just a bit more over Torterra (especially as shinies), and because I think when I played Diamond (which, despite playing it without the available cheats, it still doesn't seem like a legit playthrough to me), I started with Turtwig, so this'll keep things fresh.

Of course, I'm not as confident about this hunt as I am with Eevee, who I know I'll stick with for a while, even after going over the odds. I watched a video, and it took over a minute for a complete SR of Piplup, which means at most, 60 SRs/hour, so even if all I did for 3 hours straight was dedicated SRing, it would still take a month and a half to reach the odds. And currently with Eevee, it's not uncommon that I get distracted. So since Empoleon isn't really a target of mine at all, I'll have less motivation to go through with it if I get tired of SRing...On the other hand, though, if I do get far enough, I might also have the mindset that I shouldn't give up after putting in enough dedication, so I might stay with it...Who knows.

So clearly, I've written a lot about an insignificant single, possible future hunt...Sorry. But it's out there now, so whatever, that's all I wanted.

Anyways, good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,200 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,000 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    well, any other mods who can deal with posts on GPD also works.

And by the way, I know a few of you wrote a good "essay" back there during the RNG talk, if you want it back then tell me, I can C+P it to your VM.
    I've read all of these arguements about RNG. What does RNG stand for?

Page 76 of 941 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast