Page 81 of 948 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 23684

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

^Only thing I can say is try to transfer over a master ball incase that happens.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Shiny Hoothoot guys!!!!! Right on NYE!!!!

Just on the SHU chat box with StormDragoon when sparkles flew! It's quirky natured too!

Thanks all, pics up soon, and Happy 2013!!
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Hey guys, its 2013!
    So i'll review my 2012 in shinies!
    The year started off in July with my failed attempt to find a shiny Zorua via MM, it only failed as I found a shiny Emolga on route 13.
    Then I joined the forums to tell everyone about it. Then in late July the audiel started, my Treecko MM, which is my longest hunt to date which finally hatched in August at nearly 1600 eggs.
    Then during the course of it, I encountered Roselia on platinum.
    Following that a short Vulpix mm was due, and well received =D
    A failed Johto Starter SR was followed by a nice 500 egg Riolu MM.
    Following that came a few weeks of indescisive hunts. Then my 1500 egg Shroomish bananza brings us up to present and still no Shellder.
    So Happy new year guys, and my shellder is at 630 eggs, would be cool if it shone tomorrow =D Gl!!!

Edit: Grats Aqua! 1st 2013 shiny (in ma timezone) and gl to master (I admire your patience) and everyone!
    Last edited by *PKMN Trainer Paddy*; 1st January 2013 at 1:28 AM.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Hey guys! Happy New Year! Just passed 5,450 Ducklett... This thing is testing my patience now...

Congrats on the Hoothoot, AR!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

6,750 Run Aways

Happy new year everybody! ^_^

Right on the stroke of the new year I got the final Pokemon in my Black 2 Pokedex (a Cradily) and received my shiny charm. I'll be interested in seeing how long it takes me to encounter a shiny with this thing...

As for my shiny hunts, I'm now at 22,000 encounters in my Heart Gold badge quest, just over 6000 encounters in my White 2 badge quest, and 2200 soft resets for shiny Thundiurus.

I plan on restarting Black today as well, so I can hunt for a shiny Tornadus in the future.

Good luck everybody. Let's see if anyone can get a new year's day shiny. n_n

Edit: ... after about five minutes of cycling around route 5 a shiny Gothita has just appeared. o.O Damn, that shiny charm works fast! Maybe I'll finally be able to get some live encounter shinies.

Edit 2: Here's the shiny Gothita video

I think I'm going to start breeding for another dream world shiny Eevee again - I did hatch a shiny Eevee in my Japanese Black before (after nearly 5000 eggs....) but it failed to get its DW ability.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 1st January 2013 at 2:20 AM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Wow, congrats Helio! That was quick with the charm...

I will move on to REing Wooper in a bit, but Falkner must be beaten...
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

... What the--? I just hatched a shiny Eevee in 11 eggs!! O__o

This shiny charm is amazing! I've seen people on here with their shiny charms still taking thousands of encounters/SR/eggs before getting a shiny. But I've probably done less than 50 encounters/eggs since I got it, and already found two.

I haven't bothered making a video of it, but the shiny Eevee is male, Jolly natured, and has its dream world ability! Yay! I'm looking forward to evolving it into a shiny Leafeon. Though I must admit that I am slightly worried about the possibility of constantly finding shinies this quickly from now on, it kind of makes them feel less special...

Congrats to all shiny getters!! That is some luck you got there Helio, what with 2 shinies so soon after the charm. That's insane luck even with the charm.

I can't figure out my next target. I've bounced everywhere from route 36 to dark cave. Originally I wanted a Nidoran, but now I kinda want a Zubat too, and I'm even thinking of soft reseting at the game corner for sandshrew... :s
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post

This shiny charm is amazing! I've seen people on here with their shiny charms still taking thousands of encounters/SR/eggs before getting a shiny. But I've probably done less than 50 encounters/eggs since I got it, and already found two.

I haven't bothered making a video of it, but the shiny Eevee is male, Jolly natured, and has its dream world ability! Yay! I'm looking forward to evolving it into a shiny Leafeon. Though I must admit that I am slightly worried about the possibility of constantly finding shinies this quickly from now on, it kind of makes them feel less special...
    Wow that is some great luck right there! Congratulations! Especially the Eevee getting DW ability. I think it is strange when people say getting lots of shiny pokemon makes them less special because it really doesn't. I mean if you EV trained a Charizard and so did say 50 other people would that make your EV trained pokemon less special? Of course it wouldn't. I'd say appreciate the shiny luck because they are brilliant. Congratulations again. Happy New Year!
    Shinies are good.

Yea that's kind of the reason why I don't want the charm. I just feel like if I was frequently getting shinies in 1-2k encounters it would just make hunts less challenging and special for me and although I get frustrated with long hunts it feels great when they finally come to an end :] But gratz on Gothita and Eevee! Awesome shinies :]

Also, Thanks everyone for the gratz! I'm still shocked that I finished it before New Years lol. I haven't done any hunting since cause I've been working on getting the oval charm. It would be nice if I got a shiny while filling up the Unova dex but we'll see! Since its New Years Eve (and New Years for some people) How many shinies did you all get in 2012? If I counted right it seems I got 74 this year! Not bad not bad :] Maybe I'll go for 100+ next year lol. Good luck everyone!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Speaking of long hunts, I wish my CH hunt will finally shine. It's almost 2013 here and I'm hatching eggs left and right.
    450 eggs have been hatched now, I expect a couple of hundred more the way it's going.

Congrats to those who have gotten their hunts and wish those the best of 2013.

Happy new year guys! congrats to helio on the eevee and gothita also congrats to Aqua on that awesome hoothoot as for me no last shiny of the year but i hope to have a luckier year next year good luck everyone i hope and wish you all a lucky new year of fresh shiny hunts Im @ about 2500 for petilil

@cityofdelusion so close to 30 but a losing 29 >;(
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Hello guys !
    Happy new year and I hope 2013 will be a nice year for all of you !
    I decided what will I try for the CH : a Budew ^^
    Wish me luck :P
    And Congrats to all shinies since I last posted.
    3DS FC: 2036 - 7438 - 6637

After nearly three months, I make my triumphant return! I just hatched a shiny Bulbasaur with only an hour and a half to go in the year.

http://i.imgur.com/UO5xI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jymgG.jpg

Hatched it in 374 eggs. The nurseries were kind of a nuisance... it was Hatch Power +++ that brought me home. It's fantastic for pokemon with average hatch cycles. Stats are nothing to write home about, but that's okay. It has the nature I wanted, thanks to the 100% B/W2 Everstone guarantee.

Before that, I hatched about 1400 eggs worth of Chanseys and Lileeps with no success, not to mention failing to soft reset for a Registeel. I haven't been breeding as much lately- obtaining the shiny charm took a lot out of me and I've been playing other games.

I have a bunch of wants, but I'm considering shooting for a Munchlax next. With that and a Lapras, I would have a shiny version of Red's team.

edit: my breeding efforts are being hampered by the fact that Bulbapedia is apparently currently serving up malware. My anti-virus software blocked it. I'm less familiar with the Serebii pages so it'll take longer to dig up the info.
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 1st January 2013 at 8:34 AM.

Happy New Years Guys! I know what I'm going for in the community hunt: an Azurill with Huge Power for my White 2 Badge Quest. I stored six boxes of eggs yesterday so now I'm going to go hatch them in Humilau City. Also Congrats Helio on your two very quick hunts! I have the Shiny Charm on my Black 2 which is where I'm hatching Azurill. Good lcuk everyone! =)
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

(hey Shine, in my B2 join avenue your character, "BRIGHT" is there running a beauty salon ^.^ )
    and your character, Helio, is in my Avenue running a Cafe ^.^

IIRC *Helen* yours as well, and that one is also in my Avenue running a Flower Shop (I don't know why did they named it that, it definitely looks more like a Berry Shop lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    That's insane luck even with the charm.
    Indeed. I have the charm as well, but so far the only shiny I've found, with the charm in my possession, is Kyurem.

And even then it took me around 1000 SR and around 5 days of SR-ing.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Happy 2013 to everyone. I have got to get that darn Budew. I've had a shiny droguht ever since Cobalion and that was in September!

Default Best.New.Year.Ever

What is this I don't even.. Ok so today I hatched 100 Azurill then I got bored so I went to SR for a Shiny Johto Starter on my Soulsilver(which has never had a shiny) and SRing for Bulbsaur on my Firered at the same time while browsing the net. I see a normal Bulbsaur on Firered as expected and then I look back at my Soulsilver and see this:
    http://s1063.beta.photobucket.com/us...ddf15.jpg.html Yep that's right! My favorite Johto starter in Shiny Form and one of my all time favorite shinies shone for me on the first day of the new year! Here's some more photo's!
        Spoiler:- Shiny Chikorita!:

Needless to say I'm so freaking happy right now! ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^ I called him Herb. And he's Adamant and Proud of his power so he'll be beastly in Attack. SRing is now offically my luckiest method: I've gotten three shinies, all starters(Snivy, Cyndaquill and Chikorita) with it and none of those hunts went over a week. I'm gonna play through Soul Silver with him as my only team member. Here's his IV's:
    HP-0-9, Attack-15-26, Defense-8-19, Special Attack-2-14, Special Defense-0-7, Speed-10-22, which are pretty damn good. Was going to hatch Azurill tonight but now I'm gonna play through Soulsilver more with Herb.
    EDIT: How can I get pictures to show up here instead of links?
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 1st January 2013 at 4:33 PM.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    and your character, Helio, is in my Avenue running a Cafe ^.^

IIRC *Helen* yours as well, and that one is also in my Avenue running a Flower Shop (I don't know why did they named it that, it definitely looks more like a Berry Shop lol)
    Yep, *Helen* is my Black 2 character. In my avenue's both my White/Black 2 characters run raffle shops. And I have my Black character "TFBee" running a beauty salon. I could have sworn I read somewhere that you could pick which shop your character could run; but maybe I'm just imagining that...

I wish I could have some luck with my current Heart Gold badge quest hunt - I'm now at 22,100 encounters. And I'm at 6211 encounters in my White 2 BQ. As well as 2200 SR for a shiny Thundurus.

I've just restarted Black, and I plan on trading over a shiny team to use in my play through (including my new shiny Eevee). I'm also thinking of hatching for a shiny dream world ability Riolu (but I'll have to do a bit of IV-breeding first).

Good luck guys. Congrats on all the new shinies.

Yep, *Helen* is my Black 2 character. In my avenue's both my White/Black 2 characters run raffle shops. And I have my Black character "TFBee" running a beauty salon. I could have sworn I read somewhere that you could pick which shop your character could run; but maybe I'm just imagining that...

I wish I could have some luck with my current Heart Gold badge quest hunt - I'm now at 22,100 encounters. And I'm at 6211 encounters in my White 2 BQ. As well as 2200 SR for a shiny Thundurus.

I've just restarted Black, and I plan on trading over a shiny team to use in my play through (including my new shiny Eevee). I'm also thinking of hatching for a shiny dream world ability Riolu (but I'll have to do a bit of IV-breeding first).

Good luck guys. Congrats on all the new shinies.
    Congrats on your shinies, Helio! Yes, you can pick the shop you want to open... Speak to Future (the guy Ace Trainer assistant in your office) and he will give you options on what shop you will open next. Choose the one that appeals to you, and the next visitor will open that shop!

5,500 for Ducklett now... Aiming to hit 6k today... Unless it shines before then!
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 1st January 2013 at 2:00 PM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

6,750 Run Aways

Love shiny pokemon! I only ever had one that I got myself legitimately... it was a flaafy in the original silver game. I have the shiny pichu from the event and a shiny dragonite which I found on a preowned copy of soulsilver... but I REALLY want a shiny charizard! Bred 200 ish so far, no success yet
    Pokemon White friend code: 5287 0257 7680

I have Japanese ditto with various natures, and can breed most things, PM me for details.

Also have pokerus infected pokemon, thanks PanOne!

well phooey, no shiny for December after all
    If one of these eggs I hatch today is shiny (still emptying the boxes), I will be very cross >: (

edit - no shinies in the boxes either. That makes 1,786 eggs hatched since my last shiny (with shiny charm). Hopefully the next batch will work out better. At least Smoochum can also apply to this months hunt
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 1st January 2013 at 7:48 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Just got shiny Chikorita to start with Heart Gold Badge Quest !!! No luck with Leaf Green yet.

Congrats for the other shiny chikorita "RaichuArcanine"!
    HG BADGE QUEST

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER SHINIES (not counting gifts)

Got a golden Pidgey when searching for Raikou south of Ecruteak! So happy! Won't EV train it though; not very fit for competitive battling but just for fun.

Sent it to Black 2 and now she's a Pidgeot named Gael. I'm so proud of her
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Wow. Alot of Shiny Chikorita's :3 I haven't done anything yet because I was very wasted last night and now trying to put myself together and start hunting Shiny Cyndaquil, when I finally have the Cyndaquil I will be trying a BQ. Ofcourse I'll dual hunt, so actually my black 2 will be recording the RE's. :-P :-)

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Page 81 of 948 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast