Page 83 of 828 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 20679

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Just got my 2nd Shiny Totodile >.> I guess Cyndaquil is gonna play hard to get. This time the Totodile is Serieus natured. And male. Ofc. My Calculator has 970 SRs on it, but I looked first to my heartgold so I'll count it as a 969 SR.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by darkdrapion View Post
    I'm almost in tears right now.
    I just SR'd over a Shiny Chikorita.
    I even saw it too, sniff.
    =\ It sucks to see it to late. I lost 2 Shiny's because of that. DW, when you reclaim her/him you will be super happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    Well, there is the shiny charm in B2/W2 which has a 300% chance greater at finding shinies. Also soft reseting for legendaries/starters too.

Congrats on all the shinies guys!!

I've done 1284 REs for my 3rd SS BQ Pokemon, including 150 headbutted trees, which produced about 70 or so Heracross. Heracross would me first shiny choice, but since it's seems to take forever to headbutt, and the rain makes the battle longer, I think I'll just stick to random encountering. Right now I'm on route 36, hoping for a Nidoran, although I wouldn't be disappointed by any shiny on the route, but since I've already got Quilava on my team, vulpix is the least wanted. I'm also considering moving back to dark cave, or slowpoke's well, as a zubat qould be a terrific shiny too, and I'd love Geodude too.

I've also hatched 30 eggs on my B2 for the community hunt. My Sneasal hunt was a dud last month, where I hatched over 900 eggs before I got bored and started this BQ, so I'm hoping for better luck this time.
    Have you turned Battle Scene off? This means the rain animation doesn't appear, and the animations for the pokemon don't happen. It takes less than 15 seconds to do one RE, which is a large improvement in a way. Also explains the large amount of REs I used to be able to do.

Anyways, up to 400 REs for Wooper now. I swear changing the DS clock to 8PM and REing between 8PM-4AM is making hunts a lot shorter...
    350 in Virbank too, hoping that Magnemite shines. One of my favourite shinies too.

Current Hunt: Eterna Forest

16,110 REs

Quote Originally Posted by darkdrapion View Post
    I'm almost in tears right now.
    I just SR'd over a Shiny Chikorita.
    I even saw it too, sniff.
    Aww, sorry to hear that darkdrapion T_T. I've been worrying about that loads lately for my own SR hunts; the other night I dreamt I was SRing on my 3DS for Kyurem and he shone, but then I SRed over it. I was really upset but then I woke up and realised it was a dream...you still feel like you might accidentally do it for real if you're not looking properly before it happens though. I hope you'll be able to reclaim it soon!

Congrats Aqua, Helio, JohnNiles and RaichuArcanine on Hoothoot, the very lucky quick Gothita and Eevee, Bulbasaur and Chikorita! :3

Now on 2650 SRs for Kyurem. I'll do some more today and maybe do some more SRs for Groudon too; I'm not feeling too great and I'm not gonna get much else done anyway, bleh.

Good luck everyone~
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

Happy New Year guys and gals!

I haven't posted in ages but that's only because I haven't been hunting at all. Massive congrats to everyone who got a great shiny over the festive period and New Years.

Today I'm gonna continue hunting for my game corner Abra and I may dual hunt something else on another game but I haven't decided yet. Good luck to everyone!

Since I feel like I had terrible luck with geodude, and I had a bad sign of some sort while I was hunting it, I decided to switch for better odds and a better shiny. I'm MMing yanma for Whitney now, which means this is the 4th thing I have tried for this badge. I have been hunting for this badge for 2 weeks now, and yanma for a day. I have nearly 120 eggs hatched now, and I will continue to hatch more today and until I find one xP

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)
    Heart Gold BQ:

goddamnit, I JUST ENCOUNTERED A SHINY RAYQUAZA, but I accedentally fleed from it after it killed my Smeargle ARFGHGHJHGHGJHG

question is, will it re-appear (shiny?) if I beat the E4?!? does anyone know the answer? >.< god damn I am such a klutz...
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/qovamc.png[/IMG]
    December Hunt Target - Spheal MM! 0 eggs [img]http://i46.*******.com/10sdets.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Callie-Rose View Post
    goddamnit, I JUST ENCOUNTERED A SHINY RAYQUAZA, but I accedentally fleed from it after it killed my Smeargle ARFGHGHJHGHGJHG

question is, will it re-appear (shiny?) if I beat the E4?!? does anyone know the answer? >.< god damn I am such a klutz...
    I am pretty sure it will not reappear shiny (and if it is gen 3, at all). Sorry

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)
    Heart Gold BQ:

Hey all,

Quick update - I'm working my way towards the shiny charm after hatching my 1,200th Zorua egg with no shiny to show for it.

I feel like my Black 2 isn't as generous with its shinies as my White cart was. But that's hopefully what the shiny charm will accomplish.

Good luck to all - I hope you get your long awaited (or quickly hatched) shinies!! Wish me luck on the shiny charm!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I am pretty sure it will not reappear shiny (and if it is gen 3, at all). Sorry
    I was hunting for it on HG, if that makes any difference. goddamnit. :'(
    December Hunt Target - Spheal MM! 0 eggs [img]http://i46.*******.com/10sdets.png[/img]

Currently on 600 SRs for the Johto Starters.. Again. I really hope Cyndaquil is gonna be the next one to shine. I really want to finish all of my games. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Callie-Rose View Post
    I was hunting for it on HG, if that makes any difference. goddamnit. :'(
    I don't know of anyone brave enough to kill or flee from a shiny legend. However I know that if you save a game while hatching a shiny egg it stays shiny. Perhaps the same effect is true with legendaries.

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Honedge "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    I don't know of anyone brave enough to kill or flee from a shiny legend. However I know that if you save a game while hatching a shiny egg it stays shiny. Perhaps the same effect is true with legendaries.
    I'm sorry to say I don't think so. Shininess is determined upon encounter with a wild Pokemon, but when hatching eggs it's determined upon collecting the egg. So if you've collected it, saved, hatched and it was shiny, and then turned off and hatch it again, it will still be shiny.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

It was an accident! I didn't realise he had killed my Smeargle, so I just tapped the screen to attack, when I realised I had accidentally hit run away instead of sending out a new pokemon >_> oh well, I downloaded a shiny Rayquaza of the gts, so I guess that's good enough for me! <3 My first shiny of this year! but last year was the year of the dragon, haha. Well, Rayquaza is kinda snake-like, but it looks more like a chinese dragon, so I say it still counts

Well, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year, and good luck with all the shiny hunts, hope you don't get as unlucky as me! I think I'll put SR hunts on hold now, and start to MM for a shiny feebas, as this year is the year of the water-snake or something like that in the chinese calendar and there's no way to run away from an egg hunt, haha.

in HG if you kill a legend it will reappear after beating the E4, but it won't be the same as the one you killed. you'll have to SR it again. it should still be SRable though, if that helps at all
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

While trying to get a Gligar to appear in the Hidden Grotto on Route 23, I found my 1st ever shiny!
    I DON'T CARE THAT IT'S AUDINO, I CARE THAT IT'S SHINY!

Though I have just realised I'm roughly 4x more likely to encounter Gligar in the HG than finding a shiny!

I sat down and totalled up my shiny catches for 2012; altogether I caught 25 new shinies in the last year. I need to update my banner.

11/01/12- Lillipup (Black, RE)
    16/01/12- Herdier (Black, RE)
    23/01/12- Vullaby (Black, RE)
    29/01/12- Rufflet (Black, MM)
    12/03/12- Tepig (White, MM)
    14/03/12- Timburr (Black, RE)
    36/03/12- Pidove (White, RE)
    01/04/12- Woobat (White, MM)
    02/05/12- Solosis (White, RE)
    08/06/12- Budew (Platinum, RE)
    15/07/12-Chatot (Diamond, MM)
    16/07/12- Roselia (Diamond, RE)
    18/10/12- Audino (White 2, RE)
    30/10/12- Herdier (White 2, RE)
    30/10/12- Raticate (White 2, RE)
    31/10/12- Cresselia (White 2, SR)
    05/11/12- Regice (White 2, SR)
    08/11/12- Kyurem (White 2, SR)
    16/11/12- Throh (White 2, RE)
    18/11/12- Minccino (White 2, RE)
    19/11/12- Heatran (White 2, SR)
    22/11/12- Mesprit (White 2, SR)
    25/11/12- Patrat (White 2, RE)
    25/11/12- Deerling (White 2, RE)
    25/11/12- Swadloon (White 2, RE)

Considering White 2 gave me half of them, all hail the shiny charm! I barely touched a Pokémon game during December, but I started level grinding my Kyurem, Cresselia and Unfezant to waste time on New Years Eve. I just finished getting Cresselia to L100 and while I didn't find any shinies, it did get me back into the feel of things.

I'm tentatively going to go for the Muskedeers now. I'm back in front of Terrakion in my White 2 (five hours SR'ing done before I went on my break) and once I get things sorted, I'll head to Cobalion in my Black.

Congrats on all of the new shinies caught since I last posted.
    Thanks for a great 15 years, Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by *Murkrow View Post
    I sat down and totalled up my shiny catches for 2012; altogether I caught 25 new shinies in the last year. I need to update my banner.

11/01/12- Lillipup (Black, RE)
    16/01/12- Herdier (Black, RE)
    23/01/12- Vullaby (Black, RE)
    29/01/12- Rufflet (Black, MM)
    12/03/12- Tepig (White, MM)
    14/03/12- Timburr (Black, RE)
    36/03/12- Pidove (White, RE)
    01/04/12- Woobat (White, MM)
    02/05/12- Solosis (White, RE)
    08/06/12- Budew (Platinum, RE)
    15/07/12-Chatot (Diamond, MM)
    16/07/12- Roselia (Diamond, RE)
    18/10/12- Audino (White 2, RE)
    30/10/12- Herdier (White 2, RE)
    30/10/12- Raticate (White 2, RE)
    31/10/12- Cresselia (White 2, SR)
    05/11/12- Regice (White 2, SR)
    08/11/12- Kyurem (White 2, SR)
    16/11/12- Throh (White 2, RE)
    18/11/12- Minccino (White 2, RE)
    19/11/12- Heatran (White 2, SR)
    22/11/12- Mesprit (White 2, SR)
    25/11/12- Patrat (White 2, RE)
    25/11/12- Deerling (White 2, RE)
    25/11/12- Swadloon (White 2, RE)

Considering White 2 gave me half of them, all hail the shiny charm! I barely touched a Pokémon game during December, but I started level grinding my Kyurem, Cresselia and Unfezant to waste time on New Years Eve. I just finished getting Cresselia to L100 and while I didn't find any shinies, it did get me back into the feel of things.

I'm tentatively going to go for the Muskedeers now. I'm back in front of Terrakion in my White 2 (five hours SR'ing done before I went on my break) and once I get things sorted, I'll head to Cobalion in my Black.

Congrats on all of the new shinies caught since I last posted.
    I only got 19 shinies for 2012, and I didn't get any for December. I think I need to try harder. 2 shinies a month for 2013! *goes back to collecting Smoochum eggs*
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

I may have bitten off a bit more than I can chew with shiny hunting but we'll see how it goes. So far 1630 RE towards my second SS badge, Only 220 SR for my black 2 bq (Man, I had no idea it would take so long for one SR. Snivy will be mine though!) and I'm just about to start my community hunt. I've decided to try for bonsly and depending on how soon I get it may also try for cleffa. Good luck everyone! Congrats on the Audino sunny! and wow Murkrow, that's a lot. Hopefully your luck will continue this year.
    White FC: 3396 4536 0418 Name:Kirin
    Soul Silver badge quest:
    1. SR: 1083
    2.Sprout Tower (4210 REs so far)
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Currently MMing: (60 and counting) Recent: (1070 eggs) (568 eggs) (949 eggs)

Spoiler:- Current Shinies:

Over the holiday I accumulated 700 SR's for my shiny Johto starter, I also just started my hunt for Budew today because I misplaced my charger a couple of days ago. That said, Budew gets 100% until I see a purple "bib", sorry Totodile. Now before anyone comments Budew is a "baby" Pokemon and it has a thing under it's face, therefore the appendage must be a bib.

Edit: Well well, Bulbapedia calls it a bib too. Guess I'm only somewhat crazy.
    Last edited by It is I,; 2nd January 2013 at 8:08 PM.

A little late with this: I found a shiny on New Year's Eve!

I was slowly losing motivation to hunt in Relic Castle so I left quickly to do between 100-200 encounters elsewhere and come back to hunting in Relic Castle. As soon as I started encountering at Village Bridge I found a shiny Tranquill at 3292 encounters. Guess what though, it's female! Gull dern it, I already have a female shiny Unfezant! Oh well, the shiny Tranquill is pretty so I'll leave it as a Tranquill.

So for the CH I'm MM a shiny Riolu(That is if I can keep my motivation). So far I've hatched 100 eggs and I must say I much rather RE shinies then MM.
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Pokemon Pearl

COMPLETE: 7062 Soft Resets

I only caught five shinies last year.
    I'm gonna step up on my game, two shinies a month at best.

Congrats on shiny Tranquil. Shame it wasn't the gender you wanted though.

As for me... SHINY ABRA! Boom! Feels good to get another shiny! Gets this year up and running nicely now! Think I'll go do the 3rd gym now and do done training before the next hunt begins.

And BAM! CH complete in only 38 eggs. I must be uber lucky with my hunts.
    Got my male Modest Shiny Budew w/Leaf Storm and Extrasensory..And even got Natural Cure as an added bonus.
    Also congrats on the latest shinies.
    3DS FC: 2036 - 7438 - 6637

T_T. I must have the worst luck of everyone on this forum. Sure I didn't kill, or run away from, any shinies. But the only reason for this is because I could never find any. No matter how hard I hunted I failed. To make matters worse I am short on so many pokemon, I am unable to get the shiny charm. I have gone over the odds in all of my total hunts, and still no shinies to show for it. I've set a low on this forum due to receiving 0 shinies over the year. I am not raging though. I know that eventually SOMETHING has to shine for me.

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Honedge "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

Page 83 of 828 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast