Page 85 of 853 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 21312

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Since I have the shiny charm in Black 2, and I'm using the masuda method, does that give me an even greater chance of hatching a shiny Riolu?
    I think it's something like 1 in 1,064 with the charm as opposed to 1 in 1,300 and something without. So not too much of a difference.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

SR's make DS gone a little broken (is it?) but with the masuda method its hard... so no comment
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott will not evolve. If you are part of the 2% that believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by PrinceGray) for Ash! XD

Also,vote for Pikachu cuz' it's freakin' awesome!

"This is it. This is your story."
    -Auron

Congrats on the Petilil, Cocoa! You really are catching me up! 6,125 REs now for Ducklett...
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt 4 - Burned Tower Repel Trick
    (Magmar unavailable with night repel trick)
    15,250 REs

now im hunting in the desert resort hoping for a yamask already 500 REs in and i have been hunting for mareep in my SS for a while i hope it shows soon
    gl with your hunts guys and congrats on recent shinies :]
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    7,000 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------

Still MMing yanma away. At this point, I doubt I will find one soon. I have nearly 200 eggs right now, and nothing has even felt like it will be shiny :<

Just found out bulbapedia is working again, but quite a few people may not be able to get to it without going around the block as the 'message' hasn't been sent to most visitors yet...
    Last edited by rovert; 3rd January 2013 at 2:46 PM.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Still havent found a shiny pokemon from the wild yet in gen4 and 5:/

I picked up my old gbc and pokemon gold and i found a shiny Graveler after like 10 minutes of playing.. :/ Feels like in pkmn gold in the night shiny pokemons appear much more often.

Congrats cocoa! Nice to see you making up for lost time!

Fingers crossed to TheMaster on the Ducklett hunt. That takes serious perseverance so hopefully it doesn't go on much longer!

I ran into a shiny Rattata on route 32 in my HeartGold but since i'm playing a Nuzlocke and since I already caught something on the route I couldn't catch it. Even if I did it's not like I was gonna use it. It was just gonna sit in the PC anyway.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 3rd January 2013 at 2:57 PM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

I just reached 28 hours of random encounters in my Leaf Green...

I dont know if this is a lot or it isnt (im not going to waste time using a calculator each time I do one RE) but it feels really boring... I just want something to shine, even if its a Spearow -_-
    HG BADGE QUEST

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER SHINIES (not counting gifts)

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I ran into a shiny Rattata on route 32 in my HeartGold but since i'm playing a Nuzlocke and since I already caught something on the route I couldn't catch it. Even if I did it's not like I was gonna use it. It was just gonna sit in the PC anyway.
    I thought nuzlocke rules allow shinies to be caught anyways? There's a rule allowing shinies to be caught no matter what.

Current Hunt: Sudowoodo [Badge Quest #4]

170 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    I thought nuzlocke rules allow shinies to be caught anyways? There's a rule allowing shinies to be caught no matter what.
    Well, a Nuzlocke is ultimately a self-imposed challenge. So it's up to the individual if they want to follow the rules to the letter or make some exceptions.

I'm still stocking Smoochum eggs. Really hoping there's a shiny in this batch, because I'm over the odds of MMing in any version at this point >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

I'm stocking 18 boxes of Eevee eggs now.I know!That's a lot but since I'm in the middle of exams I won't hatch them cause it takes forever.:'D
    BTW,I'm @ 1360 eggs for Eevee.>_<
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Yeah I'm being extra hard on myself in this Nuzlocke. I even counted the Pokemon that I ran into on my way to Mr.Pokemon's house as that Route's encounter even though we do not have access to Pokeball's at that point in the game yet. Besides Shinies aren't all that special anymore especially since they created the Shiny Charm.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Hello everyone! Don't know if any of you remember me, I was quite active for a few months in the summer but since going on holiday I kinda got out of the loop and then I was really busy with university.....in any case, when I left I had just started a Shiny Petilil hunt. I hatched about 300 eggs, got bored out of my mind and stopped, and then Black and White 2 came out over here and I stopped playing completely. But then the other day I wanted to trade over some stuff from White 2 to help complete my Pokedex, remembered my hunt and decided to finally give it another go. I didn't really care about the nature/ability anymore, I just wanted to move on, and I didn't really think I'd finish it anyways but I thought I'd give it a go and I guess I got really lucky because on my last egg I got a Shiny Modest Chlorophyll Petilil, exactly what I was hoping for! Dunno about IVs yet but I'm pretty pleased.

Now to look through the last like 80 pages and see what everyone else has been up to lol....

EDIT: Also, does anyone know how to get the pokemon sprites for shiny cards? I used to get them off of bulbapedia but now they're showing up all blurry on my computer.....is that just me? Really odd...
    EDIT AGAIN: Fixed - my window was set to 105%, I'm a ******* lol
    Last edited by doodlecloud; 3rd January 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Current shiny hunts:
    X - Route 8 - Chaining
    Heart Gold - SRing for a Starter - 50 SRs /150 Es
    Pearl - Route 216 - Chaining

OMFG!
    I got my first shiny of 2013!
    Short story, I was hunting at Sangi Ranch and I had my Black 2 in my 3DS and my White 2 in my DS Lite.
    Well, I wasn't paying much of an attention because I was kinda bored and was watching TV,
    when I turned to look at Black 2, lo and behold, a shiny appeared on my White 2 (Third shiny on this file!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEM6yEVOutk
    30 encounters!
    I was using Minccino in hopes of netting a shiny female Riolu and suddenly, after ten REs of using it (I switched from using my Watchog) vioila!

Doodlecloud! Wondered where you went haha. Welcome back anyways.

I have played through White 2-well, started to-so no hunting yet. I haven't done much today, but gl and congrats TomoEgoto!

Current Hunt: Sudowoodo [Badge Quest #4]

170 SRs

Over 4 weeks of this joyful hunt now, but I'm not going to give up. I really want to move on though.

Spoiler:- mega wishlist:

I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!
    Pokégyms:

Good luck to everyone taking part in the Community Hunt and everyone else on their own targets.
    I'm not going to take part in the community hunt because I want to focus on getting my johto starter to start my Soul Silver badge quest.

Up to 650 SRs today which is 1950 starter pokemon seen altogether and no luck as of yet, not that i'd expect anything at this early stage, but I do hope it doesn't take forever to shine, because I've planned out the routes i'll be hunting on and I really want to get started on that.

Anyways congrats on all of the recent shinies :P
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

I've only had one shiny, and that was a Wurmple on Emerald at the beginning of the game. At the time I honestly didn't have any clue what a shiny was, so after I saved the file, a week later I wanted to make a new file. Forgot about how rare the shiny Wurmple was, and erased the file.

So darn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    No, they only hold one egg at a time. That's why I hunt the way I do (it was suggested by another member, but I can't remember who), where you hold one Flame Body Pokemon and four eggs, and then whenever an egg is found, you pick it up and put it in the PC. When an egg in your party hatches, you can swap out for an egg from your PC.
    I've just been filling my group with 5 eggs and when one hatches, I throw it into the PC, go over to the Day Care Man and collect another egg.

Spoiler:
    Pinkie's Current Team!

Pinkie's Shinies!
    RE: [as a Tympole] [as a Karrablast]
    Trade/Gift:
    MM: [355 Eggs] [86 Eggs] [103 Eggs]

Heart Gold FC: 3438 5754 3906 | White 2 FC: 1808 0069 2399

Shiny Hunt: [White] and [Fire Red] [via Soft Resetting]
    Previous: 103 Eggs
    On Hiatus: [1130] [570] [270]
    Next up: ???

When I MM hunt, I switch up my methods once awhile, to keep things interesting.
    One method I would do is when I hatch an egg, I release it, to save time rather empty entire boxes.
    Another method is collecting eggs and storing them, then take three at a time and collect two new
    ones from the DC Man.

One other is simply collecting all that I can collect and depending on the version and game, find a long stretch route or use the route the DC is on
    and hatch them there.

Switch them up if you're getting bored, make a game out of it.

I've tried most of those methods, the one I'm currently using though is SRing over 5 eggs. This is my favorite so far and seems to go quickly. On that note I am now to 200 eggs for my Budew hunt, if it hatches in the next 30 it will beat my Pawniard which I would appreciate. *looks at ds and says; "cough hint hint cough"* If not technically Pawniard did take 883, so I must persevere.

Congrats on that Psyduck, TomoEGoto! Just updating you guys. I just remembered that Bebe gives you an Eevee too, so I'm dual SRing for it on both Platinum and Soulsilver. Next time I post will be when I have a shiny. Good luck everyone!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Y Multi MM:

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

I am at 2615 REs on my SS Badge Quest. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul again... If my shortest hunt on this quest was the 4800 some odd I had to do for Cyndaquil I will be so annoyed. Having some luck go my way would be really swell...
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Hi everyone. A little while ago when I'd just woken up and had tucked my Pokemon in to the dream world in Black/White 2, I noticed that I had 5 Riolu eggs in my Black 2 party, so I decided to fly to the driftveil drawbridge to hatch them (while collecting EV-wings at the same time).

And guess what... a shiny Ducklett appeared. o.o

That only took 47 encounters since my last shiny (though technically it's 99 if you include the eggs I'd hatched), so that's another fast shiny with the shiny charm.

I didn't bother filming it (mainly because I was half-asleep, so I just chucked a heal ball at it instantly ^^; ) but I did take a profile picture. It's male and Lonely natured.

Shiny Ducklett

As for my other shiny hunts; I'm now at 55 Riolu hatched in Black 2, 2500 SR for Thundurus in White, 8146 encounters in my White 2 badge quest, and 22,500 encounters in my Heart Gold badge quest.

Good luck guys. And I especially hope you get your own shiny Ducklett soon, Master.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Page 85 of 853 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast