Page 87 of 907 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 22668

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I did it! I now have the shiny charm! Now time to test it out!
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

I just reached 18,400 SR's in my hunt for a shiny bulbasaur in my Leafgreen. At this point, I decided to try and beat Gustavo's Rayquaza hunt. 24,000 iirc?
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I finally did it. I've seen countless people SR shiny legendaries on this board, but deep down, I never truly believed it was possible because I'd never succeeded at it. I SR'ed on and off (mostly off) for Registeel on Platinum and then on White 2. Earlier tonight, I was eating out and SRing for Registeel (because this is one of the few circumstances I can bear to SR in), looked down and realized I had a green Registeel.

I've been ready for this for months. I always have Magnezone behind my fainted Synchronizer, with Sonic Boom in the default slot in case I wind up doing a few attacks due to not paying attention. I paralyzed it, knocked it down to yellow health, and started chucking pokeballs. I thank whichever person pointed out that the anime uses plain pokeballs and that pokeballs look good on legendaries. 5 balls later, I caught it. Synch failed, so I got Lax nature instead of Relaxed, but it's not bad.

http://i.imgur.com/9Aoz6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/IyxHs.jpg

I've never EV trained a legendary, but now is a good time to start. I can't catch Regice because I still haven't caught Regirock, but I'll get around to it eventually.

My delight was tempered by the fact that today was a horrible day that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I guess some things, like the odds, are outside one's control.

Just caught my first shiny! It was a skarmory on the outside of reversal mountain in White 2.

skarmory.png

After playing Pokemon games for the last 5 years and still never encountering a shiny, I thought this day might never come.
    Last edited by GreenSweeper; 6th January 2013 at 7:33 AM.
    About Me:

- Favorite type: Grass (Sorry bug )

- Other favorite types: Bug, Ghost and Fighting
    -#1 Favorite Pokemon: Guess... ()

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

THIS is how it's done: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67308425

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67301740

Smeargle OP must ban

First off, congrats on all the new shinies! No time to list them today but I know they're all great ;D

I now have just 16 Pokémon to get till I have my Shiny Charm, which hopefully will have dropped to 5 by the end of tomorrow, maybe?!
    The main issue right now is getting Ho-Oh since I've just beaten Jasmine on HG. Won't take overly long, but training is going to slow me down a lot, darn bird!
    As for shiny hunting, I'm still hoping to stumble upon something while training and egg hatching, but no such luck yet. Starting Shaymin tomorrow though, won't be able to get too many SR's but I'll FINALLY start it, oh dear :P

Also finally got Black 2 a few days ago but it's staying wrapped up till I have time to start my BQ! So tempting though~
    Just felt like coming and updating regardless though because it's been a few days. Maybe posting will bring me luck and I'll find a shiny Audino or something :O

Good luck everyone, and I hope to be back in a few days either with the Shiny Charm or a shiny!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Yes! Community hunt complete!

I swear I was not going to pull through with MM for the CH because I've had rotten luck with MM in the past(Technically I did not hatch the Feebas after 55 eggs so I went through my notes, calculated what I was hunting before the Feebas and put the real amount of eggs it took on my signature). Not this time! The yellow jackel graced my screen on the 325th egg! I named him Floyd which relates to who I was listening to while hatching(I was listening to music and my playlist was on shuffle).

Anyways, now that I've obtain this lovely shiny I honestly don't know what to do next. My Black 2 has been very good to me with shiny hunting so I don't know if I want to resume my old MM hunts or go back to RE because RE is my favourite method for shiny hunting at the moment. Oh, and I don't have the patience to obtain the shiny charm to obain shinies with better odds.

Anyways, I'll figure out what I want to do later. Congrats to everyone else who obtained shinies and good luck to everyone still hunting!
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Pokemon Pearl

COMPLETE: 7062 Soft Resets

Quote Originally Posted by darkdrapion
    Yessss!
    Last Night Cyndaquil decided to shine!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterTypesFTW
    Yes! Community hunt complete!
    Been a lot of shinies lately. MAybe that'll work for my happiny soon. Been doing a combo of SRing (OMG I hate this even more now!!!!!!DX) and MMing (Yay. LOL) but Happiny doesn't shine. SRing is easy because I have it in an egg so I just save on the last 2 steps of walking so, yah. Like, I got it from that breeder lady. Not terrible but, eh. GL people!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Been a lot of shinies lately. MAybe that'll work for my happiny soon. Been doing a combo of SRing (OMG I hate this even more now!!!!!!DX) and MMing (Yay. LOL) but Happiny doesn't shine. SRing is easy because I have it in an egg so I just save on the last 2 steps of walking so, yah. Like, I got it from that breeder lady. Not terrible but, eh. GL people!
    For some reason I thought gender/nature/shininess was determined as soon as you picked up the egg. I wish I had known this earlier lol.

I haven't done much in terms of the community hunt or Black 2 BQ. I'm mostly trying to get the second shiny on my SS badge quest before moving on. I'm at 2,500 random encounters so far. Congratulations to all the recent shinies and good luck to everyone else.
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

Quote Originally Posted by Bunches View Post
    For some reason I thought gender/nature/shininess was determined as soon as you picked up the egg. I wish I had known this earlier lol.

I haven't done much in terms of the community hunt or Black 2 BQ. I'm mostly trying to get the second shiny on my SS badge quest before moving on. I'm at 2,500 random encounters so far. Congratulations to all the recent shinies and good luck to everyone else.
    Actually you are right Bunches, eggs have everything even shininess determined when picked up from the daycare man...

Congratiez on the recent shinies~! I haven't been hunting much since my start in my new school, but i've started MMing shiny eevee, and i'm at 90 eggs collected. I collected over 700+ eggs a few months ago, and now i'm returning to that hunt. Gl to everyone on their hunts~!

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~} {~TEF~} {~Mystic Types Cloob~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 86~} {~Most recent shiny : random shiny Anorith(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

My Bank Ball Collection Spreadsheet

500 RE in Victory Road with the Shiny Charm. I'm interested in seeing at what point a shiny appears.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    You can't SR eggs... Shiniess is determined when you pick the egg up...

I'm hunting Turtwig on my Platinum. I wan't to do a Badge Quest thing... But I couldn't deal with a shiny for each gym -w-'.

Saaatoshi!

I'm taking a break on my MM Woobat hunt until I complete the Unova and Nat. Dex.
    Those charms would come in handy.
    In my White 2, I'm going to SR for a shiny Snivy and maybe I'll attempt a Badge Quest.

Congratulations and/or good luck to everyone. My Budew Hunt is quickly approaching 500 eggs at which time it will upgrade to a Budew Quest or BQ for short.

After 941 RE with the Shiny Charm a Mild Male Shiny Boldore appeared in Victory Road!!! Exactly the shiny I wanted. Now to decide where to hunt next. Photo 145.jpg
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Hey everyone! I am just coming on here with a quick update. I am currently at 192 eggs hatched out of 660 collected and 1,700 REs for my 4th Eevee in my shiny Eeveelution quest. I am hoping for a shiny Eevee or 2 here soon.

Congrats on all recent shinies! I am definitely slower at hunting now that I am working 10 hour days! anyways, Happy Hunting everyone and good luck!!!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: MMing Buneary

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

I haven't been hunting too much recently, but when I have, progress is pretty quick, even if my parent Pokemon aren't producing eggs as quickly as I'm hatching them. Anyway, I'm on 357 eggs, and just hoping that I'll be able to get a shiny this month, since I missed out in December. Good luck to everybody else!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

50 SR's into my Snivy hunt!
    I'm hoping to get it before 600 if I'm lucky.
    The Shining Charm in my B2 it so close I can feel it!
    Congrats to Shiny Lord on that Boldore, it looks nice.

Um quick question. if the thing tells you the dc amn wants to talk to you and i sr on that so its like "NAME come here!" Save. soft reset when i hatched the egg. would that work? or would it be the same each time?

I can't believe it! 2nd shiny of today with Shiny Charm after only 173 RE. A shiny Stunfisk in Irricus City! It's female and has a Naughty Nature and is Alert to Sounds. Photo 146.jpg
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Quote Originally Posted by shinxisbestpon3 View Post
    Um quick question. if the thing tells you the dc amn wants to talk to you and i sr on that so its like "NAME come here!" Save. soft reset when i hatched the egg. would that work? or would it be the same each time?
    I don't think so. I believe everything is set when the man has it ready in Gen 5
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

I was playing my friends Black 2 (because he is too lazy to finish Black Tower by himself)
    as I was heading over to the sports domes from Black city I find a shiny Pupitar (and didn't kill it or run this time )
    I traded it over to my game... I did get him the shiny Gible with an adamant nature after all.
    anyway, pics in a sec

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I don't think so. I believe everything is set when the man has it ready in Gen 5
    It's set when you talk to the man, if I recall correctly.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Caught many shiny pokemon. I'll give one away
    <3 <3
    Elijah
    Pkmn: white
    Fc: 0218 8020 6006
    Pm meeee

Hunting: Dream World Pokemon : Specifically a Ditto or a Poliwag

Love Battles

Battle me for prize pokemon, i.e Shiny pokemon of your choice

I NEED A LIGHT BALL TOO!! GET ME THAT AND ILL GIVE YOU WHTEVER YOUR HEART DESIRES!!!!!!

After using MM for a shiny Bulbasuar is Gen 5, I finally got one after 376 eggs. Today I did the MM again and one my second try I got a shiny Eevee! I feel so accomplished. Other times it took my more than 70 tries -_- Shines hate me.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Page 87 of 907 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast