Page 88 of 888 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 22183

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Now up to 6,800 for Ducklett... 2 days off now, so can get some real progress done...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

6,400 SRs

Alas my L button broke
    No more SR hunting for me
    There's always MM hunting!!

Quote Originally Posted by gingerium View Post
    Alas my L button broke
    Well, you could still SR, just by turning the game on and off completely, rather than literally soft-resetting. Come to think of it, all my SR shinies have been that way.

Anyway, I've got my way to 900 eggs in my MM hunt, and I've started my next BQ hunt, now at 485 RE's. I'm more comfortable with RE, so I'm fine with a longer hunt, should it occur. I'm really motivated to get through my BQ, since there are a few nice places I want to look after this. Good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Congrats on the Cyndaquil, Boldore and Stunfisk!

I've had a rubbish night though...I've was training in White Treehollow and a trainer randomly sent out a Shiny Hippowdon! At first I was shocked because I didn't know the Treehollow pokemon could be shiny, then I was mortified as I realised I couldn't catch it, then I was pissed off because I found that it doesn't appear in my Pokedex and I didn't take a picture. Kicking myself right now evem though I know there's nothing I could've done about it... : ( Anyone else had this happen?

EDIT: Apparently it's now stuck as a shiny, respawning every time I meet someone with a Hippowdon just to tease me...and also being annoyingly tough. Argh! Guess my next hunt will have to be a Hippowdon....I can't just let this go...

EDIT2: Holy **** it was just a female...I'm so ****ing dumb....I've never really had a Hippowdon before, I had no idea...crisis averted I guess. How embarassing lol...I should probably go to bed...
    Last edited by doodlecloud; 7th January 2013 at 1:39 AM.

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 600 REs ##### W - SRing for a starter - 300 SRs ##### X - Route 10 - 900 REs

I know that feel, remember in I think R/S where that Battle Tower was (by the Challenger's house)
    and I was fighting through when I remember in a double battle seeing a shiny Espeon. I kicked myself
    because of the fact I couldn't catch it and didn't register to my Pokedex.

Ugh, I have to go back to school tomorrow and I'm not finished with my break yet...
    At least I got my shiny Psyduck and I may get two shinies this month if my Riolu will shine.

Guys, I have a question about shiny hunting.

If you're doing the MM or something with breeding involved, does the egg have the shininess in it before hatching, or does the game make the chance of it hatching as a shiny when it's hatching? If it's the latter, I thought that you could save right before the egg hatches and it would make things a lot easier.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    Guys, I have a question about shiny hunting.

If you're doing the MM or something with breeding involved, does the egg have the shininess in it before hatching, or does the game make the chance of it hatching as a shiny when it's hatching? If it's the latter, I thought that you could save right before the egg hatches and it would make things a lot easier.
    it's determined when you get the egg
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Ah, that stinks. I guess I'll have to devote a lot more time then I thought.

I got another question, though. If you have one pokemon with Magma Body, can it heat up all the eggs in your party, or only the one(s) next to it in the roster?
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

1480 Eevees and no shiny yet.PLZ Eevee shine before 2000.:'D
    Congratz on all the new shineis and Good luck everyone!
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Alas my L button broke
    I know that feel...

OT: I bet I'm around 20-40 SRs on Turtwig. I might ask my dad or mum if I can use their DS; so I can triple hunt Turtwig, Kyurem and Groudon.

So glad I decided to pick Groudon up again, it would look beast with my yellow Pidgey anyone know why it's yellow?
    Last edited by supersmew; 7th January 2013 at 10:55 AM.

Saaatoshi!

Congrats to all those who obtained shinies since my last post. I've just lost my first shiny. I just SR'd a Cobalion on my Black version and one of my dogs jumped on me and made me hit the run button instead of the bag for a pokeball. I'd only been SRing for about 3 hrs too. Good luck to those still hunting.
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    I know that feel...

OT: I bet I'm around 20-40 SRs on Turtwig. I might ask my dad if I can use his DS; so I can triple hunt Turtwig, Kyurem and Groudon.

So glad I decided to pick Groudon up again, it would look beast with my yellow Pidgey anyone know why it's yellow?
    A dad with a DS?That's really cool.^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndajay View Post
    Congrats to all those who obtained shinies since my last post. I've just lost my first shiny. I just SR'd a Cobalion on my Black version and one of my dogs jumped on me and made me hit the run button instead of the bag for a pokeball. I'd only been SRing for about 3 hrs too. Good luck to those still hunting.
    That's really sad.I hope you get lucky and catch it next time.^-^
    Don't be mad at your dog though.My dogs gets frustrated when I spend a lot of time playing on my DS.
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

This is why I keep my dogs in their pokeballs. But sorry to hear about your loss.

I havent done too much progress for my next BQ hunt. I've done 1,750 RE's and I'm hoping for either Mankey, Spearow (day) or Zubat (night). I'll do a few hundred more later but still been pretty busy lately.

Congrats to new shinies and good luck to those hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    Congrats on the Cyndaquil, Boldore and Stunfisk!

I've had a rubbish night though...I've was training in White Treehollow and a trainer randomly sent out a Shiny Hippowdon! At first I was shocked because I didn't know the Treehollow pokemon could be shiny, then I was mortified as I realised I couldn't catch it, then I was pissed off because I found that it doesn't appear in my Pokedex and I didn't take a picture. Kicking myself right now evem though I know there's nothing I could've done about it... : ( Anyone else had this happen?

EDIT: Apparently it's now stuck as a shiny, respawning every time I meet someone with a Hippowdon just to tease me...and also being annoyingly tough. Argh! Guess my next hunt will have to be a Hippowdon....I can't just let this go...

EDIT2: Holy **** it was just a female...I'm so ****ing dumb....I've never really had a Hippowdon before, I had no idea...crisis averted I guess. How embarassing lol...I should probably go to bed...
    The same thing happened to me in DPPT. I found one and thought it was shiny, but it was just gender differences XD

I haven't done much hunting, but I did do some 66 REs for my Platinum BQ. It's stuck at 7,716 REs now, and I do not know if I will get to the odds anytime soon. Reason being is that I have two exams over this week and the next.

Good luck to those that hunt, however! Congrats on all shinies too.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Well I feel refreshed and ready to shiny hunt again! I have my JAP adamant Ditto with everstone and my Hitmonlee with a max atk IV along with hp and speed so hopefully those get past down to the shiny. The only thing I have to worry about are the abilities.. But other than that I'll also be resuming my hunt on Soul Silver for shiny Grimer/Muk so *crosses fingers* that something shines soon! I managed to get 10 shinies in December which is just awesome and I'm hoping January will be just as good! Gratz on the recent shinies and sorry about the Cobalion Cyndajay, hope you reclaim it soon! Good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

I did more SR'ing than I originally planned to the past few days though today and yesterday I kept to my 'two hours max' rule. Nothing yet from either Virizion or Terrakion. Got just over twelve hours done, which equals to about 2880 SRs total. Guess it isn't too bad, though I'm hoping my shiny charm will kick in soon on White 2. By my calculations, I've gone over the odds on that game since getting my last shiny. I have had some very quick hunts on that game, so maybe it is time to even it out a bit. Hopefully I'll get lucky tomorrow.

Just started MMing w/ the Shiny Charm for a shiny Zorua. Hopefully with all these little boosts it won't take too long... Wish me luck!!

Hello everyone and congrats on all of your recent shinies! I just thought I’d stop by and post about my recent shinies and the shinies that 2012 gave me. Three days ago I was EV training and randomly encountered a shiny Trubbish in my White2. On December 1st, I got a shiny Kyurem from SRing in my White2. Lastly on October 18th, while I was looking for a Numel for my pokedex, I randomly ran into a shiny Drifblim in my White2. Most of my recent shinies, if not all of them, have come from my White2.

2012 gave me a total of 5 Shines:

Shiny Dratini (Obtained 1/22/12 by MM in White)
    Shiny Clefairy (Obtained 7/6/12 Random at the Game Corner in FireRed)
    Shiny Mienfoo (Obtained 8/3/12 Random in White)
    Shiny Driftblim (Obtained 10/18/12 Random in White2)
    Shiny Kyurem (Obtained 12/1/12 by SRing in White2)

Hopefully 2013 will be a year full of shinies for everyone!
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4253-3307
    PMD sprites and icon sprites edited by me and XY Shiny mega Ampharos animation is from PLDHnet

Oh darn it. I have hatched over 1200 eggs for 5 days MMing for the CH but nothing has shined for me. I am a bit annoyed at this so i may give up on the CH for a while and go RE in Castelia gardens. I am really hoping for a shiny Eevee but anything from there would be fine as long as it is shiny. Even Pidove would be ok despite having Tranquill because then that shiny would be registered in the 'Dex.

Congratulations on all recent shinies and good luck to everyone doing the CH.
    Shinies are good.

Havent posted in probably a week or so, haven't hunted much but last night and today i did 400 encounters bringing my total to 18,300. My last shiny was pupitar on November 10th, its feels like an eternity ago the last time i saw that awesome shiny animation

I had a bit of time to kill today, so I decided to continue hatching some eggs. 2229 eggs since my last shiny (WITH the charm) and finally SHINY SMOOCHUM!!! CH complete ^_^
    Timid, Hydration, with Nasty Plot and Fake Out bred into it. Outstanding stats, yet only the HP IV is maxed : /
    I know speed is 30, because I had an anklet on the mother, I wonder what the other IVs are.....

it was kind of funny when it hatched. i saw it and thought "please let that be a shiny and not just me hallucinating"

edit - More exact IVs:
    Jynx - #124 (Timid) Female (♀) Dry Skin: 31 / 6 - 7 / 28 / 30 / 30 / 30
    Hidden Power: Fighting 67

I am so happy with this thing. This is the closest to a flawless shiny I've ever created ^_^
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 8th January 2013 at 1:19 AM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

I'm going to do what gustavo suggested for SR hunting.
    But by turning the game off and on completely, does that mean (since I use a DSi to hunt) returning to the home screen or turning the device off?

Ugh. 7,250 REs now. So that's 450 today... This really could go over the odds... Hope it doesn't, though. Congrats on all the recent shinies! Going to have an early night tonight...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

6,400 SRs

I'm going to do what gustavo suggested for SR hunting.
    But by turning the game off and on completely, does that mean (since I use a DSi to hunt) returning to the home screen or turning the device off?
    It is faster to go to vthe homescreen, so return to the homescreen.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Page 88 of 888 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast