Page 89 of 941 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 23502

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hi all =D.
    Dunno why i did the smiley smiley, as i am anything but happy.
    First congrats to dangertrout on smoochum, and im glad to see that shiny lord's shiny charm is working. There are so many others too.
    Heres my situation, shellder is now at 900 eggs and im looking to move onto my currently undecided baby mm. So, i am gonna hatch the remaining 4/5 boxes of shellder and pray that it shines, i would like some advice on what i should do =D Gl
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Congrats Dangertrout! Nice seeing your perseverance pay off!

Well tonight I managed to go over the 2k mark so some decent progress. For some reason I'd really love a Zubat but I'm sure I'm bound to get one some day since you can hardly walk 5 paces in a cave without encountering one.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Hi all =D.
    Dunno why i did the smiley smiley, as i am anything but happy.
    First congrats to dangertrout on smoochum, and im glad to see that shiny lord's shiny charm is working. There are so many others too.
    Heres my situation, shellder is now at 900 eggs and im looking to move onto my currently undecided baby mm. So, i am gonna hatch the remaining 4/5 boxes of shellder and pray that it shines, i would like some advice on what i should do =D Gl
    If you are looking for a quicker hunt, both Togepi and Azurill are tied for having the lowest hatch rates among baby pokemon at 2805 steps. Budew, Wynaut, Cleffa, Bonsly, Pichu, and Igglybuff have the same hatch rate as starters, which is 5355 steps. Tyrogue, Magby, Elekid, Smoochum, Mime Jr., and Mantyke are a bit higher at 6630 steps. While Happiny, and Munchlax are both at a whopping 10455 steps. Hatch rate credit goes to Bulbapedia.

After an annoying 4544 encounters, with the Shiny Charm no less, and nine days of active hunting, I FINALLY have my first Shiny of the new year. I just found and captured a male Shiny Azurill. And thusly, I am now able to say CH Complete! I wasn't even hunting for a Shiny Azurill, I just happened to be in an area where I could catch it (Floccessy Ranch). I was actually hunting for a Shiny Mareep for my Shiny Team. I'm just glad I was able to finally find a Shiny since I was well past the odds.

Just checked my new Azurill and it is Naughty, Often scatters things, and has Thick Fat as an ability. Little guy was a pain to catch. It took Four Ultra Balls to get, despite being only Lv.5. In fact, the first one I threw was a Critical Capture and it failed, surprisingly.

I'm now going to try and MM a Shiny Prankster Riolu, like I had intended to do for the CH. Hope I get it tomorrow, seeing as how its my birthday and it would be a nice present.

Congrats to everyone on recent shinies.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Congrats to those who got a shiny. Nice to see you finally got that smoochum Dangertrout.

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    That's really sad.I hope you get lucky and catch it next time.^-^
    Don't be mad at your dog though.My dogs gets frustrated when I spend a lot of time playing on my DS.
    I wasn't mad at my dog. I just shut him out my room for the rest of the evening and he went and annoyed my brother instead. I intend to just throw a masterball when Cobalion shines again. I am now going to spend my day dual SRing Cobalion on my Black and SRing Latios on my Black2.

Despite my bad luck last night about an hour later I was rewarded with this guy on my B2.
    http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...1CDE6D8AE6.jpg

Good luck to those still hunting
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

I can't believe this! 436 RE in Victory Road and my third shiny since getting the shiny charm appeared! It was a shiny Druddigon! I'm so happy because in the past two days I have gotten 3 of the 5th gen shinies that I've always wanted Boldore, Stunfisk and now Druddigon. Her stats could be better but oh well. She has a Adamant nature and is Mischievous with the Sheer Force Ability. Her IVs are HP 12, Atk 10(wish it was higher), Def 8, Sp.Atk 31, Sp.Def 10 and a 0 in Speed. Still an awesome looking shiny no matter what and its not like I play competitively or anything. Photo 148.jpg
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    I can't believe this! 436 RE in Victory Road and my third shiny since getting the shiny charm appeared! It was a shiny Druddigon! I'm so happy because in the past two days I have gotten 3 of the 5th gen shinies that I've always wanted Boldore, Stunfisk and now Druddigon. Her stats could be better but oh well. She has a Adamant nature and is Mischievous with the Sheer Force Ability. Her IVs are HP 12, Atk 10(wish it was higher), Def 8, Sp.Atk 31, Sp.Def 10 and a 0 in Speed. Still an awesome looking shiny no matter what and its not like I play competitively or anything. Photo 148.jpg
    It seems that shiny charm does work! I'm no shiny hunter but do very much want that shiny charm.

The other week i was lucky to find a shiny Frillish surfing on the water near Undella Town, it's IVs are good and it has a neutral nature so I'm happy, also it's a male so the shiny Jellicent is green not purple. In my play through of White i got a shiny Roggenrola in wellspring cave which is an amazing shiny Gigalith now. I've also hatched a shiny Piplup using the masuda method without knowing what it was with the 4th Piplup egg i hatched in Diamond, also in Diamond whilst blindly trying to nab a Croagunk in the safari zone on a day it wasn't there i bumped into a shiny wooper which i sadly failed to catch. Overall I think I've been lucky and with the shiny charm will be even luckier! ... hopefully

don't be fooled! the shiny charm doesn't always work! *points at the 2228 non-shiny smoochums*

I'm not sure what to work on next, since I didn't expect to have any time to hunt at all, and didn't expect the smoochum to shine ever.
    For now I'm back to my quest for a shiny female charmander, until I decide what I really want to hunt
    Hopefully this will be a MUCH shorter hunt
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

I'm sure I'll have hunts that go over the odds its inevitable that it will happen eventually. But these last three hunts have been really refreshing compared to some of the hunts on my badgequest. I'm not holding my breath that my current hunt using the repel trick at reversal mountain to try and find either a shiny Skarmory or Vibrava will results in another quick hunt but you never know. I'm also mming Litwick but I'm in a RE mood so the mming is going slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    don't be fooled! the shiny charm doesn't always work! *points at the 2228 non-shiny smoochums*

I'm not sure what to work on next, since I didn't expect to have any time to hunt at all, and didn't expect the smoochum to shine ever.
    For now I'm back to my quest for a shiny female charmander, until I decide what I really want to hunt
    Hopefully this will be a MUCH shorter hunt
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Yup, and 14646 RE's for a Joltik with the charm doesn't scream "short hunt" either. Either way, congrats on that Smoochum, and congrats to the other recent shinies!

I do feel my current secret MM will be one of the long ones, though, seeing how I'm already at 900 eggs. As for my Route 214 hunt, I'm now at 750 RE's, almost at four digits, and it's taking longer than I hoped to get there. No complaining here, though. Good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

On the 7th of January, I officially obtained my Shiny Charm! The last Pokémon I got being Raikou, who was surprisingly nice and let me catch him fairly fast.

I can now finally got back to shiny hunting, and I will be updating my sig after I finish posting! But, I'll also mention my hunts here too.
    I finally started on Shaymin today! Don't have many SR's yet, maybe 100? But it's just been 1 day so far so here's hoping it won't be a long hunt! I want to count SR's but I'm not sure of the best way without a scientific calculator...
    I also picked up my Village Bridge hunt again which was dropped so I could focus on hatching Charmanders and Snovers. Just a shame I never got Snover but I will resume the hunt probably after I've done my BQ's, or maybe I'll make it a side hunt, we'll see! Still hoping for Marill from this Village Bridge hunt, but I don't have anything from the area yet so I don't mind too bad what I get.

Congratulations are also in order for the other shiny hunters of this thread!
    So, congrats to~ darkdrapion on Cyndaquil, WaterTypesFTW on Riolu, Shiny Lord on Boldore and Stunfisk AND Druddigon, Blood Red Absol on Pupitar, MuseHarmonia on Eevee, Dangertrout on Smoochum, Draknir on Azurill, Cyndajay on Mienfoo and anyone else I MIGHT have forgot!

Good luck everyone on your hunts, as always, because I love seeing people get shinies ;3
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

OH MY GOD!! YES!!! Finally after 19,457 SR's on my Leafgreen, I have my shiny starter and my BQ can begin! I've been on this hunt on/off since April of last year lol.

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/t5ow13.jpg[/IMG]

I was preparing to do an all night SR session since I dont have a college class tomorrow, and I wanted to get to 20,000 SR's before I went to sleep. Guess I got somewhat “lucky.” Here's hoping that the rest of my BQ shinies dont take as long .
    Last edited by Master Leo; 8th January 2013 at 8:33 AM.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Congrats on the shiny Bulbasaur, Leo! And congrats on all the other new shinies, too. ^_^

I'm still stuck in my badge quests. I'm at 24,200 encounters in my Heart Gold BQ (urg, just shine already! It's now in my top 5 longest hunts list), and just over 11,000 encounters in my White 2 BQ. I'm also at 2800 soft resets for a shiny Thundurus in White, and have hatched 110 Riolu eggs in Black 2.

Good luck everyone.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

So I decided I'm going to try a BQ in platinum since people seem to be having some luck with Platinum BQs lately :P

Also, I swear BW has prevented me from typing BQ without problems xD

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

So... about the Gen VI announcement. I haven't even watched the trailer yet, just looked at screenshots, but it strikes me that SR'ing in Gen VI will likely be a pain. ^^; The temptation to create lengthy, fancy boot sequences is great, and boot time is a low priority anyway.

So, will you migrate your shinies, or keep them where they are?

Hey everyone!

EXCITING STUFF TODAY! Am I the only person that, when I saw the trailer, thought "I wonder what kind of shiny animation they'll have when our Pokemon pop out of their ball?!"

Gen VI, and the 3DS Pokemon look remarkable. I can't wait.

I plan to do the majority of my hunting on my Black 2 and transferring them over from there. In all honesty I think we all know that 3DS batteries aren't the strongest thing, and I'd rather not be tethered to a wall to play regularly. That being said, I'm very excited for Gen VI and think it's off to a great start already!!

Update on my Zorua hunt: 1,300 eggs hatched and nothing. Although, I did finally get the shiny charm, so here's hoping he/she pops out soon!!

Good luck to all, and yay for Gen VI!!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Hello my fellow hunters, Im back

first of all congratz on all the new shinies!

Second I have closed my shop until fruther notice because I don't have much time on my hands So I won't be making any BQ cards and stuff right now.

And third to stay on topic :P I have bought Black 2 today and going to play through that before hunting anything specific.(Let's hope my playthrough gives me sparkles)

Ill be posting when I get something to post about. GL with all the hunts

Spoiler:- Y Badge Quest:

2 more boxes left out of 18.Sadly,No shiny yet.>_<
    I'm not going to give up!!
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    Hey everyone!

EXCITING STUFF TODAY! Am I the only person that, when I saw the trailer, thought "I wonder what kind of shiny animation they'll have when our Pokemon pop out of their ball?!"

Gen VI, and the 3DS Pokemon look remarkable. I can't wait.

I plan to do the majority of my hunting on my Black 2 and transferring them over from there. In all honesty I think we all know that 3DS batteries aren't the strongest thing, and I'd rather not be tethered to a wall to play regularly. That being said, I'm very excited for Gen VI and think it's off to a great start already!!

Update on my Zorua hunt: 1,300 eggs hatched and nothing. Although, I did finally get the shiny charm, so here's hoping he/she pops out soon!!

Good luck to all, and yay for Gen VI!!
    Yeah I was thinking they put all this work into X and Y but don't put shinies in, of course that would probably be impossible if we are able to transfer from bw1/2 i wonder if they'll go back to yellow stars like gen 3 and consoles or stick with blue, oh and I'm at 18,800 encouters now. Triple hunting virbank and dreamyard

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    So, will you migrate your shinies, or keep them where they are?
    Transfer. Everything important to me always ends up on my new 'main' game anyway.

Earlier I was resetting for twenty minutes before the announcement,, stopped to watch the video and then started again to make it up to an hour. Near the end, shiny Virizion appeared! In total, it took roughly 3360 SRs between both games to appear. It also means I've caught two 1/8192 shinies on my Black before my Shiny Charm carrying White 2 has given me a new shiny. o_O

The battle was easy. I was initially a bit worried about Giga Drain versus my Samurott despite the level difference but it did barely anything. It was at 1HP in two turns, then I brought in Mushurna to put it to sleep. I threw six Heal Balls to test my luck and only got up to one shake on a couple so I switched to Ultra Balls and caught it on the third one. It is Relaxed (+ DF, - Spd) which is pretty awful. I'm not having much luck with natures for the Muskedeer!

VS Virizion
    OT/ID. No/Relaxed
    Stats

I've done an hour of dual SR'ing for Terrakion already, will continue tomorrow. Hopefully the Shiny Charm starts working its magic again soon. xD

7,550 REs now for Ducklett... Will be doing an evening session of around 250 more if I'm up to it... Oh, and my Entree level is now 34:8
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

8,250 REs

I really want to know Froakie's shiny form, as well as the two legendaries' shiny forms!

I will hunt a little after I eat, but I have an exam tomorrow. Have to be in early, so less time for hunting.

Also, welcome back Master of Murkrow! Seems like some shiny hunters are finally getting back! Shame about the shop, but I can't blame you.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Yay! After about 11,740 encounters my 7th badge quest shiny has appeared in White 2 - and it's exactly the one I was hoping for!

I'm uploading the video to youtube now, so I'll edit this post in a minute.

It's also my first shiny on my new 3DS:XL that I got for christmas, and my first 1/8192 shiny of the new year that wasn't caught with the shiny charm. ^.^

Edit: Video is ready. And it's... a shiny Pawniard! n_n
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 8th January 2013 at 8:34 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

I made it up to 2,400 REs since my last update, so as you can tell i haven't been hunting much at all. Been really into the pokemon TCG lately.

Also, Gen VI looks freaking awesome, and FINALLY the english games, as well as all the other language games, are being released at the same time as the japanese ones. Don't have to worry about being unable to import the Jap. games due to region locking now, and we'll always be getting games at the same time as them. Can't even imagine what shinies will be like in this game, but I'm guessing REs will actually be taking longer to do unfortunately. But who the hell cares really, I'm so psyched!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

I really want to finish my BQ before October now. That's a good deadline for me, with my luck...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Page 89 of 941 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast