Page 92 of 914 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 22831

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats on the shinies guys!

I've evolved my shiny Pawniard and Riolu and I thought about my next hunt. It's another hunt that I've been doing off and on because my luck was terrible in the past. I'm MM a shiny Golett and I've already hatched 80 eggs. I'm still not a huge fan of MM but I wanted to see how long my luck with MM is going to last. I have a feeling the Pawniard was the last lucky hatch but you never know, right.

Good luck everyone!
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Pokemon Pearl

COMPLETE: 7062 Soft Resets

Kyurem can be shiny, right? I know that Reshiram and Zekrom couldn't be. But in White/Black 2 you have to fight Kyurem as part of the story, so is it's shininess determined there, or when you re-fight it to catch it?

well, I decided to catch them all after I beat Black 2 and going to claim a shiny charm myself, after all that shiny luck Ive seen here I got pumped.

gl and congratz to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Spirit Raina View Post
    Kyurem can be shiny, right? I know that Reshiram and Zekrom couldn't be. But in White/Black 2 you have to fight Kyurem as part of the story, so is it's shininess determined there, or when you re-fight it to catch it?
    Don't worry: it's shinyness is determined when you re fight it to catch it. I should really go back to SRing for mine. I've reached 10,000 RE's for my White 2 Badge Quest with nothing. And I've randomly caught pokerus on there which I believe is rarer then a shiny. I'll now to dual hunting that alongside Totodile on my Heartgold: I've decided that I want every starter pokemon shiny and Totodile will complete my Shiny Johto Starters Set. Best of luck to everyone as always =).
    EDit: Just realised that I have a pretty cool ID on my Heartgold file: 21111.
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 11th January 2013 at 3:59 PM.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Hello,

I wanted to take part of the community hunt. Right now, I am trying to get shiny happiny. I hope this be my first shiny hatched. Good Luck to everybody else.

After roughly 4680 SRs, Terrakion shone for me! I really ended up breaking my 'two hours only' rule the past few days but I just really wanted to finish the trio. It shone on my White 2 which was extra nice seeing as by my calculations, I'd had about 5400+ encounters since my last shiny (with the Shiny Charm). I think its my favourite shiny of the trio as it's such a weird mix of colours.

Terrakion took 3 Timer Balls and 7 Ultra Balls to catch and ended up being Hasty (+Spd, - Df) which isn't too bad.

Vs Terrakion
    OT/ID. No/Hasty
    Stats/Moves

I just decided to check the IVs of my shiny trio.

Terrakion - #639 (Hasty)
    HP: 28
    Att: 9 - 10
    Def: 20 - 22
    SpA: 23 - 24
    SpD: 5 - 6
    Speed: 20 - 21

Virizion - #640 (Relaxed)
    HP: 11 - 13
    Att: 16 - 17
    Def: 25
    SpD: 16 - 18
    Speed: 15 - 17

Cobalion - #638 (Mild)
    HP: 7 - 8
    Att: 23 - 24
    Def: 9 - 11
    SpD: 14 - 15
    Speed: 27

Hmm. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to bother EV training them. Both Cobalion and Virizion have recommended sets using special attacks and Terrakion at least got a good speed IV to go with its nature. I need to trade them to Whie and get the shiny forms registered in my Pokédex before I do anything else, though.

Congrats on the new shinies!

Sorry if this has been asked or if I'm not allowed to ask, but how do you find shinies so well?

^just be lucky, it can be almost every pokemon you encounter. I got my first shiny in Platinum(ariados) and found a shiny seaking on my way to moltres to SR for shiny moltres on HG, so it depends on luck and methods to hunt them. you normally have 1/8192 chance.

RE(random encounters): 1/8192
    SR(soft reset): 1/8192
    MM(Masuda Method) Gen 4: 1/1639
    Gen 5:1/1366

5,245 RE's on route 3 so far looking for my 2nd shiny in Leafgreen BQ. Hoping for Mankey or Jigglypuff.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

8,400 ducks and still absolutely nothing... Really starting to consider switching locations, but nothing else can learn both Fly and Surf...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

3,878 SRs COMPLETE

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    8,400 ducks and still absolutely nothing... Really starting to consider switching locations, but nothing else can learn both Fly and Surf...
    Don't give up Master, you've gone so far! I know it will shine soon.

As for me, I've put everything on hold until I get this second badge done. I'm at about 3,600 RE in Sprout Tower. Wouldn't it suck if Rattata shines instead of Gastly? Congrats on the Terrakion and any others I've missed. Good luck everyone!

Edit: and congrats on that Eevee Kitty! You're almost done!
    Last edited by Bunches; 12th January 2013 at 1:57 AM.
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

SHINY EEVEE NUMBER 4 HAS SHONE!!! Yes!! It is a Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def) and it is my first one with the Adaptability ability! He shone after only 343 eggs! Yay! I still have about 315 eggs to hatch in this batch. I am half way done with this Eevee quest! I am also at 1,800 REs on my other game for Eevee as well.

Happy hunting everyone! I am looking for my 5th one now this weekend!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: MMing Buneary

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

well I beat black 2 so now the hunt is open to Catch em all and get my shiny charm

Congrats to the people who got shiny: Bulbasaur, Virizion, Pawniard, Pawniard, Cottonee, Mantyke, Wingull, Grimer, Mime Jr, Zorua, Togepi, Azurill, Ditto, Terrakion and Eevee!

As for me, I got a new shiny too! :D

19224_10151307634927052_2000873127_n.jpg

I've only been soft resetting since the 7th January so this was a very very quick hunt, ~500 resets! I caught her in a Quick Ball on the 5th or 6th turn in the end, so I may as well have used a Pokéball! She's Bashful nature and I ended up calling her Gracidea. Obvious, but extremely fitting!
    My boyfriend wanted me to include that today also, a good 7ish hours earlier, he found his shiny Registeel which he'd been hunting since beginning of December on and off, so in the end probably did just over the odds. He just Master Balled it and it has a Rash nature.

My plan now is to find something at Village Bridge, which I'm hoping won't take too long with the Shiny Charm, and then start my Black 2 and possibly also my Platinum Badge Quests!
    Good luck everyone else on your current hunts!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

I finally decided to start posting here with the info that I'm going to be doing a SS BQ. I wish everyone luck on ther ecurretn hunts and BQ's!

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Congrats on all of the new shinies since my last post!

Welp, I didn’t think I would be posting here again so soon but… earlier this evening (at around 6:43pm) I caught a shiny Giratina. I was just reading theories about the new 6th gen legendaries Xerneas and Yveltal and while I was reading I was SRing in my Diamond for Giratina. Well while I was reading, I heard Giratina’s cry and then the shiny sound! I ended up catching it in an Ultra Ball and named it Nexus.

More Pictures:

OT/ID
    Summery
    Stats
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4253-3307
    PMD sprites and icon sprites edited by me and XY Shiny mega Ampharos animation is from PLDHnet

argh, hopefully this Cresselia will shine soon.....my plan is to get the Cresselia before I do this month's BQ, so if it doesn't shine soon I might not be able to do this month's BQ.....

Congrats for all the others who already got a new shiny, by the way

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Congratz everyone.I'm jealous now.I want my shiny Eevee.
    So I've collected 150 Eevee eggs and I've also started SR ing for Volcorona(Both on the same black game).
    I really need to get BW2!^-^;
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Does anyone on here multi-task EV training whilst RE hunting?
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    Does anyone on here multi-task EV training whilst RE hunting?
    Not for me, I just run from them.

OT: Hunting shiny Groudon got too hard, not only do I have to turn the power on and off, but my shiny Pidgey makes the sparkle noise when I battle Groudon. Moved to Virizion, around I dunno... 50 SRs? Gave up on Volcarona (I think it's obvious that I bite off more than I can chew with hunting) FOR NOW...

I'm getting my friend to trade over Pokémon I'm missing in my Pokédex. Currently I've SEEN 351 out of 649. I've obtained 154. More focused on beating the UNOVA Pokédex. One advantage on trading to get them is that MY JOIN AVENUE IS OVERFLOWING!!!

Saaatoshi!

Having acquired a Japanese parent, I have begun an MM hunt for a shiny Ducklett. So far, I have filled 6 boxes with eggs.

Congratulations on the Eevee and Terrakion. Best wishes to everyone currently hunting.
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

on a part-time shiny charmander hunt using MM with an Italian Ditto i got from GTS. will go on a full time shiny hunt with shiny charm once my pokedex is complete
    Platinum friend code: 0474 6676 4516
    Black 2 friend code: 3225 3453 6809
        Spoiler:- dream world females i can breed: :

in-game events
    wifi events
    trades
    RE
    hatched(with SC no MM):
    current shiny hunt:egg count:56

Just hatched my 120th egg of chingling and still no shiny.I am about to hatch 30 more eggs.

Congrats on all the recent shinies everybody!

I've gone back to my old shiny hunt in HG, now about 3500 REs in. Hoping for a Bellsprout or Wooper but would be happy with a Hoppip or Rattata either.

And regarding shinies on the new game, I really hope the shiny animation is gold and sparkly everywhere with a delicate, magical sound because I've always hated the BW/BW2 animation! Those bloody blue bubbles and annoying plinky noises......am I the only one?

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

Shiny Starly just appeared in my Platinum version!

I knew that I would get over the odds today. I hit the odds and thought what would shine if I got something today...
    Well, I got my answer, as at only 2 REs over the odds and 8,194 REs, I froze as I recognised what colour the Starly was. So, I took pics of the actual encounter, shinydex and battle sparkles. It's Jolly natured too!

Congrats all, and good luck, including doodlecloud! Pics up later.

EDIT: As promised, pictures:

Encounter
    Shinydex
    Sparkles

Good luck!
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 12th January 2013 at 6:14 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Page 92 of 914 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast