Page 94 of 939 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 23461

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats Aqua on the great shiny Starly! Hopefully your next hunt will be a lot shorter.

Congrats to everyone else as well.

What exactly is the problem with SRing in Emerald? That's where I got my Shiny Rayquaza

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Spirit Raina View Post
    What exactly is the problem with SRing in Emerald? That's where I got my Shiny Rayquaza
    The RNG is broken. Basically, shinies appear at certain times (known as frames). If you had a shiny frame at 20 minutes and 2 seconds into the game, you would have to wait 20 minutes before entering battle with Rayquaza, and even then it might be mistimed, as it is very specific. However, you can get a 'shiny file' which means that you have a quick shiny frame. If you had a shiny frame of 10 seconds, you would be able to get a load of shinies, but they would all have the same nature.

It's complex, but some others could do better at explaining this.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I just don't get it because I was resetting the same way you'd reset for anything else (rapidly, without doing any weird waiting stuff) and it still took a week for him to shine.

I just don't get it because I was resetting the same way you'd reset for anything else (rapidly, without doing any weird waiting stuff) and it still took a week for him to shine.
    it only takes a second of variation to hit a different frame. even if you didn't do any intentional waiting, sometimes you get distracted by something and end up delaying a few seconds more without realizing it
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

So I could just find an area, go in grass, run if it's not a shiny, and rinse and repeat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    So I could just find an area, go in grass, run if it's not a shiny, and rinse and repeat?
    That's it. There aren't any secret codes or anything to getting shinies.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Unless you're in fourth gen, then you can chain. And there's also tricks for breeding (Masuda Method).

Unless you're in fourth gen, then you can chain. And there's also tricks for breeding (Masuda Method).
    and the shiny charm in BW2 increase the odds even more.

Congrats on the recent shinies, especially the Venonat!

Well, for whatever reason, I had motivation to RE until midnight for my BQ, and I've managed to reach my weekend goal early. I'm now at 4100 RE's, so I'm just past half of the odds. For today, I'm hoping to reach 4500 RE's, and then maybe hatch some more eggs in Black 2, since I'd rather that my MM hunt finishes before Route 214. Still an early day for me, so I'll see how far I can go today. Good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

So my boyfriend got a random Shiny Watchog on his BW2 today! He's annoyed because he doesn't like Watchogs but I'm jealous because I haven't gotten any shinies in my W2 yet.

In other news, I'm at 3800 REs now.....going slowly but I've have a 1.5 train journey later so hopefully I can get lots in then.

Congrats on the Shiny Venonat! I haven't even seen a Venonat on my W yet.....one of the few spaces in my pokedex lol. It's a cool shiny though, I like the Blue Venomoth.

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

I'm at 161 eggs hatched in my current MM hunt. I know it's not much, but I was hoping for a really short hunt after the last one >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Been a few days since I've posted! Looks like no one noticed my post about shiny Grimer tho... =[ But I'm now almost at 1300 eggs for Tyrogue! Looks like this is gonna be another long one but I shall persevere! Gratz on the recent shines and good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Been a few days since I've posted! Looks like no one noticed my post about shiny Grimer tho... =[ But I'm now almost at 1300 eggs for Tyrogue! Looks like this is gonna be another long one but I shall persevere! Gratz on the recent shines and good luck everyone!
    I did! In my post about my shiny Shaymin which no one mentioned specifically either! I must be too quiet on forums as well as in real life! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    Congrats to the people who got shiny: Bulbasaur, Virizion, Pawniard, Pawniard, Cottonee, Mantyke, Wingull, Grimer, Mime Jr, Zorua, Togepi, Azurill, Ditto, Terrakion and Eevee!
    Sometimes, people just post a general "congrats on the shinies" post, and you kinda have to assume you're included because you're not always mentioned, even if it feels a little like your being left out sometimes. Shiny Grimer is awesome!

As for me, no shinies since Shaymin a few days ago. Shiny Charm on White 2 is being rude and refusing to work thus far! I'm getting impatient because I refuse to start any Badge Quests until this charm gives up the goods :P
    Anyways, congrats on the shiny: Giratina, Starly, Stunfisk, Venonat and doodlecloud's boyfriend on his Watchog! XD
    Good luck to those searching!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 13th January 2013 at 8:36 PM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

I've done 120 hard resets for Volcarona today.This is going to take a while.I still need to hatch the 150 Eevee eggs I stored last week.
    Good luck everyone.^-^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Just sat down to do my evening session of 200 encounters, to take me to 9,000 Ducklett... Incidentally, today is the one month anniversary of the start of this freaking hunt...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

7,400 REs

Hello everyone i have reached just over 2500 RE's for a shiny on route 14 on my black 2 version. I am hoping for Anything really but as i already have two shiny Absol then i would prefer anything other than that but as i like shiny Absol then if it is the one to shine i will take it. Oh if i do not get anything by 3000 RE's i may move to another route just to change the scene.

Congratulations on all recently obtained shinies everyone. Good luck with all your shiny hunts too!
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    Sometimes, people just post a general "congrats on the shinies" post, and you kinda have to assume you're included because you're not always mentioned, even if it feels a little like your being left out sometimes. Shiny Grimer is awesome!
    I read every comment posted entirely, so I saw But I don't post always post daily, and I can't always remember specifically who got what shiny in the few days since my previous post, so I just give a general congrats since I haven't skipped anyone's post...So kind of to be assumed it's a congrats for all the shinies, and I'm not being lazy and just being general without having actually read anyone else's posts and assuming shinies were obtained.

Coincidentally, I was thinking a couple days ago maybe I'd open a second tab and start a comment there each time so I can specifically congratulate everyone on their respective shinies as I read about them, and then it won't be up to me memorizing 3 pages worth of shinies
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Still working on the hunt, by the way, what's the next CH going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by TomoEGoto View Post
    Still working on the hunt, by the way, what's the next CH going to be?
    Not sure what it will be yet, but I had an idea just now - counterparts CH for Valentines. This can include pokemon such as Plusle and Minun, Illumise and Volbeat, and to some extent, Seviper and Zangoose...

OK, last post, for now... (That's shiny Ducklett's cue, hopefully...)
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 13th January 2013 at 10:01 PM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

7,400 REs

A counterparts hunt would be perfect, atleast it would motivate me to go after Nidoking sooner.

790 eggs so far for Budew, can I please get one of those so called "short hunts"?

Finally, congrats to everyone on their shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Not sure what it will be yet, but I had an idea just now - counterparts CH for Valentines. This can include pokemon such as Plusle and Minun, Illumise and Volbeat, and to some extent, Seviper and Zangoose...

OK, last post, for now... (That's shiny Ducklett's cue, hopefully...)
    That would be a wonderful idea it would also be a great oportunity to SR Latios or Latias

More than 1200 eggs hatched and still no shiny Smoochum :/ *sight* my hunts are getting longer and longer I think...
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Well, I completed half the pokedex right about now and Filled the unova dex entrys, now to catch them all but Im going to catch my shiny haxorus of death first :P

Yes! After 625 eggs I just hatched my shiny Riolu in Black 2 (the game with the shiny charm). He's male, Adamant, and... he has his dream world ability! So I'm very pleased. n__n I plan to use him in my next Black play through team (where I'll one day be hunting for a shiny Tornadus).

As for my other hunts I'm now at 3110 soft resets for shiny Thundurus, 2365 encounters for my White 2 badge quest, and 25,700 encounters for my Heart Gold badge quest (so this is now my longest hunt ever - where I've actually kept track of the encounters/SR).

Good luck guys. And congrats on all the new shinies.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post

More than 1200 eggs hatched and still no shiny Smoochum :/ *sight* my hunts are getting longer and longer I think...
    Dangertrout got her Shiny Smoochum after around 2000 eggs iirc, maybe yours will be the same

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    I actually noticed it, I even wanted to post about your Synchronizer (female Adamant Ralts, the same as mine in HG lol) but I figure it isn't that important so I didn't post it.

As for me, did some more SR for Cresselia, still no shine. I have a lot of free time this week, so hopefully she'll shine this week.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 94 of 939 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast