Page 98 of 887 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 22174

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Have any of you fished for a shiny and actually got them? I want to know how long that took you guys.
    I've decided to finally go for a fishing shiny, so this should be quite challenging. Lets see how long it takes!

I found an interesting place to hunt in white but I'll keep it secret to surprise you guys when/if it shines. Wish me luck! Also, gratz on Growlithe, Ducklett, and Boldore. Good luck to those still patiently hunting too. :]
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Actually, I was planning on fishing somewhere for my next hunt. I haven't decided where yet but I've got a few places in mind to fish.

I've just hatched 270 Golett eggs, I haven't had much time to work on this hunt so it's going by slow. I hope I can hatch the shiny Golett before the month ends. It would be nice to obtain more then two shinies in one month without chaining.

Congrats on all the shinies, and good luck to those still hunting!
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Pokemon Pearl

COMPLETE: 7062 Soft Resets

congrats on the recent shinies everyone ( especially that landorus )

Im still hunting for the next shiny of my platinum BQ in eterna forest and my W2 BQ is on hold atm but i started up another hunt trying
    to SR bills eevee again hopefully ill be successful this attempt
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Quote Originally Posted by ZombifiedHorror1031 View Post
    Success!

After 491 eggs, a shiny female Ducklett hatched! Thanks to the Power Lens and Everstone, she is Rash natured and has 31 IVs in Special Attack. I was hoping for it to have Hydration as its ability, but it has Keen Eye instead. I'm happy regardless, as I figured having the nature, characteristic, and ability all correct was a longshot when I began the hunt.

Congratulations on the Growlithe, Landorus, Squirtle, and anything else I might have missed. Best of luck to everyone else!
    Congrats! I'm glad my Japanese Ducklett came in handy. n_n

Have any of you fished for a shiny and actually got them? I want to know how long that took you guys.
    I've caught a few 'fished' shinies over the years; a shiny Staryu in Leaf Green (9330 encounters), a shiny Horsea in Fire Red (3490 encounters), and a shiny Poliwag in Fire Red (1215 encounters). Also my first ever random encounter shiny was a Carvanha in Sapphire that I found while EV-training... but sadly I KO'ed it. ;_; I still need to reclaim it one day.

I'm still hunting away for shinies. I finally got a DW female Duosion, so I'll be breeding for a shiny Solosis soon (though now that I look at it, I think its normal ability is better XD )

I'm also at just over 4300 encounters in my White 2 BQ, 3150 SR for shiny Thundurus, and 26,600 encounters in my Heart Gold BQ.

... I think Heart Gold hates me. >_>

Good luck everyone. And congrats on all the other new shinies.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 16th January 2013 at 9:59 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Yes! I've succeeded in my MM hunt, and here it is: http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5506f171.jpg

Shiny Seviper has been a shiny I've always liked, and since its encounter rate in the wild is low for my liking, I decided to go for another MM. In case anyone is still wondering why I kept it a secret, I started this hunt when I was gone two weeks over the break, and I decided it would be appropriate to keep it a surprise until now. My total count of eggs for Seviper is 1457, so not too long. It's female with Modest nature, a perfect Attack IV, and near perfect Sp. Attack IV. I'm very pleased with this shiny, and I do plan to start a fishing hunt for Feebas/Milotic in the near future, but I'm going to hold off until later so I can focus on my BQ. Speaking of which, my BQ is now at 5200 RE's, so I'm hoping to get more soon, after EV'ing Seviper.

Now, congrats on Squirtle, Landorus, Growlithe, and Ducklett, as well as any others I've missed since then! As always, good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Psynergy; 17th January 2013 at 2:28 AM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I was considering hunting for a Horsea/Seadra in Black 2 by fishing, but I've got so many other shiny plans that come ahead of that and haven't even finished my first hunt after 2 months, so...
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 2,600 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#13) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 800 HBs
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Congrats! I'm glad my Japanese Ducklett came in handy. n_n

I've caught a few 'fished' shinies over the years; a shiny Staryu in Leaf Green (9330 encounters), a shiny Horsea in Fire Red (3490 encounters), and a shiny Poliwag in Fire Red (1215 encounters). Also my first ever random encounter shiny was a Carvanha in Sapphire that I found while EV-training... but sadly I KO'ed it. ;_; I still need to reclaim it one day.
    I actually got 2 Random shiny Carvanha's while fishing, I actually forgot I fished them. But now I'd really like to fish for one. I might go for a Poliwag because I really love a Shiny Politoed. :3

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Community Hunt Completed 2nd and 3rd time! I just caught 2 shiny Tyrogue from chaining in Diamond version. I have a question though that I hope people on here can answer for me. The nature of the first tyrogue is Serious with Guts Ability/Good Perseverance HP 39, Attack 17, Defense 20, Sp. Atk 18, Sp. Def 19, Speed 20. The second one has a Calm Nature it has Steadfast Nature and also has good perseverance. HP 41, Attack 18, Defense 21, Sp.Atk 20, Sp.Def 18, Speed 20. I already have a Shiny Hitmonchan so I want to know which one I should evolve into Hitmonlee and which one I should evolve into Hitmontop. I know both natures are terrible but its not like I battle competitively they will just be used for in game but I just wanted to know how to make the best of the natures of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Photo 151.jpg
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    Community Hunt Completed 2nd and 3rd time! I just caught 2 shiny Tyrogue from chaining in Diamond version. I have a question though that I hope people on here can answer for me. The nature of the first tyrogue is Serious with Guts Ability/Good Perseverance HP 39, Attack 17, Defense 20, Sp. Atk 18, Sp. Def 19, Speed 20. The second one has a Calm Nature it has Steadfast Nature and also has good perseverance. HP 41, Attack 18, Defense 21, Sp.Atk 20, Sp.Def 18, Speed 20. I already have a Shiny Hitmonchan so I want to know which one I should evolve into Hitmonlee and which one I should evolve into Hitmontop. I know both natures are terrible but its not like I battle competitively they will just be used for in game but I just wanted to know how to make the best of the natures of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Photo 151.jpg
    I would look at the ability of each Tyrogue and match it up with the abilities of the evolutions- some of them are more useful than others.

edit: @Dylz: I'm working on assembling that team in your sig right now, except with Pikachu instead of Pidgeot. But I might switch over to Pidgeot, because I don't want a non-shiny HM slave. Got the Kanto starters, working on Snorlax and it's taking forever. -_-

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE

2000~ish eggs later w/volt tackle. only 1 week after Sr'ing my shiny regice

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps8a6ec2e3.jpg
    Last edited by VictorC; 17th January 2013 at 4:24 AM.

Congrats on the Squirtle, Ducklett, Landorus, Seviper, 2 Tyrogue, Pichu and any I missed. A little bit of luck has come my way. I've been dual MMing on my Black and Black 2. I just collected 30 eggs today bringing my total collected to 105. I'd previously hatched 75 yesterday and on the 77th egg and only 2nd egg today I hatched this guy on my Black. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...8961666D0E.jpg
    Male and Docile natured. I only have Squirtle left for the kanto starters but might not start that straight away. Good luck to those still hunting.
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Congrats on everyone's recent shinies. Quite a few CHs completed recently.

I managed to do 325 REs today, plus an additional 125 on my SS. But still nothing. I'm quite discouraged atm, because even though I have yet to hit the odds, I've had a feeling lately that it'll be much past the odds before finding one...And I'd REALLY like to start SRing for Piplup already...So I really hope I'm wrong =\ My total for my Eevee hunt is 4,875 REs, plus another 850 since my Litwick. My total for my SS hunt is at about 6,100.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 2,600 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#13) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 800 HBs
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Congrats on everyone's recent shinies. Quite a few CHs completed recently.

I managed to do 325 REs today, plus an additional 125 on my SS. But still nothing. I'm quite discouraged atm, because even though I have yet to hit the odds, I've had a feeling lately that it'll be much past the odds before finding one...And I'd REALLY like to start SRing for Piplup already...So I really hope I'm wrong =\ My total for my Eevee hunt is 4,875 REs, plus another 850 since my Litwick. My total for my SS hunt is at about 6,100.
    Dont get discouraged. It seems like a lot of people are having good luck this month so Im sure something while shine before the month is out.

I hatched 100 squirtle eggs last night and have just hit 2000REs on route 15, hoping for Sandslash or Pupitar. So still early days but hopefully I might get lucky and get two shinies in one month.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts and congrats on the bulbasaur, seviper, pichu and tyrogue. Im very jealous on the tyrogue because i was always hopeless at chaining.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    I would look at the ability of each Tyrogue and match it up with the abilities of the evolutions- some of them are more useful than others.

edit: @Dylz: I'm working on assembling that team in your sig right now, except with Pikachu instead of Pidgeot. But I might switch over to Pidgeot, because I don't want a non-shiny HM slave. Got the Kanto starters, working on Snorlax and it's taking forever. -_-
    I haven't started it yet, but I might try and MM for them all. All I have got to do is get the right natures and IV's & Power items. I already got the move sets I want.
    They are gonna be perfect for pokémon battles online, but I'm just gonna use them ingame. :3
    I also calculated how long it approx will take. 1 Week per pokémon, 150 eggs per day. (If I don't go over the odds, which I don't do very often.)
    I want them all to be male, so Lapras might gonna be a pain because its a 50/50 chance.

I just wish I had dreamworld abilities of these pokémon. Ohwell. Idc.

But I think I have one problem, I want to pass down IV's. But I also want to pass down the nature, and I only got 1 Japanese ditto. =\ I wish I had a foreign ditto with all IV's maxed.

So what should I do

Pass down the IV's or the Nature and hope for good IV's?
    Last edited by Dylz; 17th January 2013 at 12:56 PM.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Wow!!

Congrats to ZombifiedHorror1031 on the Ducklett, gustavo 14 on the awesome Seviper (a favorite of mine as well), Shiny Lord on chaining a Tyrogue, VictorC on the Volt Tackle Pichu, and Cyndajay on the super quick Bulbasaur! It seems we're having a bit of luck lately!!

I'm at 400 eggs hatched and another 100 collected for my semi mystery MM hunt. I've gotten used to my Black 2 cart holding out with shinies, so 400 seems like nothing with the large number of eggs for my last two shinies.

In any regard, keep at it everyone. Your target may not show up immediately, but eventually you'll get it - just outlast your game!!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

So what should I do

Pass down the IV's or the Nature and hope for good IV's?
    If you're choosing between passing down a single IV and a nature or passing down two IVs, I would go with the former. It's a viable choice in B/W2 (I got burned repeatedly on failed everstones in B/W1 ;_; ).

I don't use Ditto if I can help it because it slows egg production and makes it harder to pass on IVs.

This is my general strategy for MMing:
    - Breed a female parent with the desired nature and as many desirable IVs as possible. By selective breeding and rebreeding with a power item + everstone, it is easy to get 3 IVs onto a pokemon - 4 if you're patient. (Except for genderless pokemon, since it's unlikely you'll find a ditto with good IVs - I tend to lose patience with those.) I start with Dittos and pokemon in the same egg group if I need to transfer particular IVs.

- Aim for a foreign parent (either same species, or compatible species if you need egg moves) with as many max IVs as possible. Put a ditto of your region on the GTS and request a lvl 1-10 male pokemon. Choosing a low level means the person on the end will probably breed it, and you have a good chance of getting one from a breeder who's doing the same thing you're doing. Repeat until you get one you're happy with.

- Put a power item on the male and an everstone on the female and start breeding. If you hatch a better version of the female (with dream world ability, if you're gunning for those), then breed with that instead.

Of course, you can reverse the roles of the males and females. I usually breed the female myself for 2 reasons: I can ensure that I get a Dream World ability AND the nature I want, and the gender ratio for a lot of pokemon is 8-to-1 in favor of males, meaning it takes longer to find a foreign female. If your biggest concern is passing on chain-bred egg moves, then you would breed the male instead. (Also, I recently realized that the everstone can go on either parent - I don't think that held me back too much.)
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 17th January 2013 at 3:49 PM.

Thanks for all the congrats on Groudon! The shiny gold colour is so much more amazing looking on the actual game than it is on the Pokedex page <3. Also, I wanna give thanks to KittyKitty3308 and other people that hunted Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza recently for keeping me motivated .

And congrats on all the newest shinies! There's been lots of new ones again in just three days since my last post~

I've gotten up to 3340 SRs for Kyurem on White while I've been EV training Terra in Soulsilver. Ah, I forgot how great it is to walk around with your shiny Pokemon <3 the one thing that puts me off wanting to send any of my 4th Gen shinies to 5th Gen is that you can't see any of them following you, though I guess I'll send them over eventually. Does anyone else hope that 6th Gen brings this back at some point?

Good luck everyone, especially those still stuck on long hunts! :3
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

Congrats to everbody on the shinys, so many 0.0.

Did about 6 eggs for Zorua at school today, once I get either Heatmor, Zorua or my secret target to shine. I'm gonna replacer that empty slot with Oshawott ^w^.

Only problem is finding where my secret target appears... And if I'll RE or MM... Anyone know if there's a ability that makes water types more common?

Saaatoshi!

Yesterday after only 18 soft resets I got my shiny target http://s6.postimage.org/v8h70psel/IMAG0212.jpg I was SURPRISED AS HECK to see it on my screen Ivs are 19/27/20/31/21/4 I used an adamant sync and it worked as well http://postimage.org/image/uk8chrtot/
    , I'm after Azelf now hoping my modest sync will work I'm at 700+ Sr's
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 17th January 2013 at 7:53 PM.

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Sigh.. I've hatched exactly 2100 eggs for Tyrogue and still nothing. >.< But this is the same game that gave me 5 over the odd hunts in a row so I shouldn't be too surprised I guess. Just wish it would shine already since I have so many other MM targets. My secret fishing hunt is going well though, I'm only at about 400 REs so far but fishing for a shiny isn't as bad as I thought.. I just have to pay abit more attention now. The shiny I'm hunting for is probably one of the most forgettable pokemon ever but it has a nice shiny sprite so anyone who can guess it will get a cookie! No wait.. a shiny cookie! Lol good luck everyone and gratz on the recent shinies. Especially gustavo on that amazing Serviper! Ahh.. it looks so nice and I always wanted one too.. NO, must focus on Tyrogue!

EDIT: @TheMaster327 - OMG GRATZ!! That is one crazy hunt but I'm glad you finally got it! My nature guess is.. Lax!
    Last edited by Supremacy; 17th January 2013 at 8:38 PM.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:

AT FREAKING LAST! After 9,947 encounters, a shiny female Ducklett graced my screen! Capture was tricky, as it set up Aqua Ring first turn so it was always healing, but it only took 1 Premier Ball! Not checked the PC yet, so you can nature guess before pics come later... I guess Lonely!

EDIT: PICS!!!
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/215610.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/215617.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/215630.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/215735.jpg

Unfortunately, I couldn't get an in-battle pic, as I was unable to get on the computer at the time... Jolly nature... is that good?

IVs...
    HP: 22
    Att: 8-11
    Def: 0-4
    S.Att: 4-7
    S.Def: 17-20
    Spd: 3-6

So, pretty much not great in the IV corner...
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 17th January 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

5,200 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    AT FREAKING LAST! After 9,947 encounters, a shiny female Ducklett graced my screen! Capture was tricky, as it set up Aqua Ring first turn so it was always healing, but it only took 1 Premier Ball! Not checked the PC yet, so you can nature guess before pics come later... I guess Lonely!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get an in-battle pic, as I was unable to get on the computer at the time... Jolly nature... is that good?

IVs...

Very nice TheMaster!!! I know how hard you worked for it and I am so happy you got it! I have been cheering for you for what seems like a long time ^.^ Also congrats to Zombi, Shiny Lord, VictorC, Cynadajay, Dizzy on such a quick hunt and anyone else I missed! Great job guys! As for me I am about 200 eggs hatched for Larvesta. Am planning to do a lot more tonight. Keep up the great work everyone and for those of you with long hunts don't give up and keep at it.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post

IVs...

So much congrats! I know you deserve that thing for how much you worked at it!

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Yes Yes!! Finally after 2132 eggs shiny Tyrogue finally hatches!! Community Hunt Completed!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps63546ccb.jpg

It has Adamant and the ability is Guts, so I'll be evolving it into an Intimidate Hitmontop! I was gonna MM for 2 more but I'm just gonna put that on hold for now.. I don't wanna hatch another Tyrogue for awhile lol. So I'll be moving onto MMing for a second Shroomish, hopefully with its dream world ability. Good luck everyone and another super mega awesome gratz on that Ducklett!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:

I don't know much about shinies, but I don't really see the point. Would anyone care to enlighten me? LOL
    Last edited by The Sandslasher; 18th January 2013 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Typo

Page 98 of 887 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast