Page 99 of 938 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 23449

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Well, I finally managed to get my first shiny in a fifth gen game.

It was a Sableye that I unintentionally hatched while attempting to breed a decent one for battling purposes, and on the fifth hatch, no less. I was using a Japanese Sableye, so it was MM'd.

I rather like shiny Pokemon that are gold, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandslasher View Post
    I don't know much about shinies, but I don't really see the point. Would anyone care to enlighten me? LOL
    Just for fun. They serve no other particular purpose otherwise - they're not any stronger than regular pokemon and they don't benefit you more or less than regular pokemon. Some people like them because they're rare and it gives them excitement and satisfaction when they obtain one. Other people like them because it breaks the norm of always seeing the same colored sprite of the pokemon. Others still enjoy seeing particular colors on certain pokemon. Or all 3. And more. It's just another interest that some have and others don't.

Congrats on all of your shinies, everyone. Glad to see that Ducklett finally caught, especially after other people kept finding one sooner and quicker.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Okay, so a little over a month after my Shiny Charmander I managed to find and catch the second on my Leaf Green Badge Quest. I had been using my time at school to rack up large amounts of RE's during my waiting. Managed to get over 2000 in three days of active hunting on Route 3. Well, today I decided to take a break from hunting at school. About an hour and a half ago, I decided to begin hunting again. After only about 30 minutes of hunting, I managed to find a Shiny Jigglypuff. While it wasn't one of the two I was really hoping for (Either of the Nidorans), it was one that I'd wanted simply on the grounds I've never used one. It is male, making it almost as rare as a Shiny Nidoran M on Route 3 in LG, and Calm. I caught it at the lowest level possible, which is Lv. 3. Now I'm going to move onto Diglett's Cave after beating Misty.

While I was not able to get any pics of it in the wild, mainly due to not wanting to screw it up and accidentally run/defeat it, I do have some pics of it.

Status Screen 1
    Status Screen 2
    In-Battle

Congrats on all shinies since the last time I posted (I tend to lurk mostly unless I get a Shiny/decide to make a status post).

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

My brother just caught a shiny Geodude on his Platinum Nuzlocke. Good thing he had the shiny clause in effect.

Name: Tacho
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandslasher View Post
    I don't know much about shinies, but I don't really see the point. Would anyone care to enlighten me? LOL
    Finding a shiny pokémon is all about luck, if you found a shiny after days of searching your feeling would be unexplainable. :3

Well and I beat the game and got all pokémon etc so now it's time to make a IG shiny team with right natures and hopefully right EV's for Pokémon X & Y.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Yeah, the feeling when you actually get a shiny certainly makes it all worthwhile!

Currently I'm hunting my shiny Horsea, only a hundred eggs in but I will make better progress soon. Congrats on all the shinies, especially that Ducklett - true commitment to the cause!
    Most recent shiny:

Sylveon!
    (MM! ~1800 eggs...)

Next Target...

(Dream Ball Eevee & Vullaby, MM)
        Spoiler:- Y Shiny Card:

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Well, I finally managed to get my first shiny in a fifth gen game.

It was a Sableye that I unintentionally hatched while attempting to breed a decent one for battling purposes, and on the fifth hatch, no less. I was using a Japanese Sableye, so it was MM'd.

I rather like shiny Pokemon that are gold, too.
    Nice, I love gold shinies too

And it's on the fifth egg? That's such a great luck, congrats~

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Jolly nature... is that good?
    Unfortunately, that's a not exactly a good Nature seeing how shallow Swanna's Physical movepool is. Swanna is better going Mixed or fully Special.

And it has very low Speed IV too....

Still, congrats for finally getting a shiny female Ducklett. Swanna just looks off as a male, considering its appearance. Besides, Shiny Ducklett is pink

9947 REs....hopefully your next BQ shiny won't be that long.

Anyway, the only physical set for Swanna that I can think of is

~Dive (yes, this is its ONLY physical Water move)
    ~Brave Bird/Aerial Ace
    ~Return
    ~any filler move (Toxic/Tailwind, maybe?)

Also, congrats for everyone else who have obtained a new shiny, as for me, I'm still stuck with SR-ing Cresselia

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Finally, after 49 eggs I got a female Bulbasaur and bred a Modest one. Time to start MMing. I'm gonna try and do atleast 100 a day. That's atleast 2.8k Eggs a month, and if it goes right, I'll have my Kanto Red based team ready before Pokémon X & Y comes out which gives me enough time to complete all of my games and get a living pokédex to transfer to pokémon X & Y. I hope my hunts don't take long though. =\ It's like 10% a day.

Wish me luck!

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Question:for legendary pokemon, can they still be shiny if you've battled them once before?
    For example,Heatran & Cresselia:I didn't capture them,yet I still defeated them.When they return,is there still a chance they'll be shiny?

I'll jump into the hatch till shiny appears thing, trying for a growlithe.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Congrats on finally getting your shiny Ducklett, Master! ^_^ That took a while (but hey, at least it didn't take over 25,000 like my current HG hunt :P ). What number was that in your badge quest - do you have any more shinies to hunt for in it?

Congrats on all the other new shinies, too.

As for me, I'm now at 27,000 encounters in my Heart Gold badge quest... 3350 soft resets for shiny Thundurus, and just over 4200 encounters in my White 2 BQ (though it may be more like 5000 - I haven't checked in a while. ^^; )

Good luck guys.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

I remember one time I started my Diamond game and literally just bought some pokeballs and I encountered a shiny Shinx at the start of the game. So much win. I used that shiny Shinx as my starter so to speak and it currently sits in my White 2 boxes at level 87. I will bring it to level 100 soon.

I have caught many shinies by chaining. It's actually relatively easy once you know how. I haven't played Diamond in a while but there is a place to chain where you can get shiny Tyrogue and Ralts and Nosepass really easily if you have time to concentrate. I have a shiny Hitmonchan (and it's Adamant, I almost died) with blue boxing gloves. I also have Gallade, Gardevoir and Probopass all from the same day or 2 where I was chaining lol.

In another game I encountered a shiny Starly which I thought was meh until it was fully evolved into a Staraptor :O It was just my flyer for that game so I didn't ev train it and now it sits in my White 2 computer but it's so cool!

I also encountered a shiny Tangela while I was ev training for defence (just south of Pallet Town I believe?)

There are more but I can't remember right now.

And now I have the shiny charm on White 2 for completing the national dex so hopefully there are many more shinies in my future!
    Last edited by Emily101; 18th January 2013 at 11:36 AM.

First off, congrats to all new shinies, especially TheMaster327's Shiny Ducklett! Great perseverance there. As for me, no new shiny news. I switched Turtwig SRing to hatching and pausing Chimchar for now. Ughh my Flocessy Ranch hunt for my White 2 Badge Quest has now reached, 12,633 RE's. Hoping to get as many done before my operation on Tuesday as I can. At 130 Turtwig hatched. Good luck to everyone, especially Heliotrope on her very very long HG BQ hunt.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    Question:for legendary pokemon, can they still be shiny if you've battled them once before?
    For example,Heatran & Cresselia:I didn't capture them,yet I still defeated them.When they return,is there still a chance they'll be shiny?
    I think so since the game will see it as a new pokemon won't it? What are you trying to get shiny?

3rd day of hunting kyurem with multiple systems nothing so far... Not too bothered though as it is only the third day.

As I read this thread I see that some people are getting a little discouraged in their longer hunts, so I decided to keep their courage up by making a special event.

If you get a shiny in the month of january I will make a special badge for the shiny you got to put in your signature. I will only make one badge per person!

this way you will always remember that one shiny you caught.

This event starts on January 18th, so earlier shiny's are not eligble

happy hunting!

SHINY EEVVEEE SHINY EEVEE
    1137 SRs omg its so beautiful!!!!!
    its naughty natured and i got it from Bill
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/245cb9i.jpg[/IMG]
    edit - im gonna evolve it into leafeon
    OMG I MUST HAVE MISSED THE POST CONGRATS ON FINALLY GETTING DUCKLETT MASTER
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 18th January 2013 at 5:35 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Almost 1700 Smoochum eggs hatched and nothing :/ I admit this has been slow because of my exames but god, 1700 eggs are 1700 eggs!

congrats on all the recent shinies, especially to TheMaster327! And good luck to the other people (like me xD)
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 18th January 2013 at 4:07 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

What's with the gibberish message above?

Anyway, long time no see! Congratulations to TheMaster327 on the amazing Shiny Ducklett, and to everyone else on their new Shinies! I am resuming my Hunt for a Shiny Poliwag with its Hidden Ability, and also have signed up for the January International Challenge with my Shiny team, now including my new Shiny Emolga! (I don't expect to do well, I just entered for fun. Oh, and the Jaboca Berry.) Good luck to everyone on their Hunts as usual!
    The rainbow has immeasurably beautiful symbolism for me.
    To me, the rainbow means:

Love everyone
    Accept everyone
    Respect everyone
    Understand everyone
    And, be kind and gentle as much as you can.

"A strong will can affect all aspects of mind, body and spirit." -Lily, Azelf-in-training

My Current Shiny Hunts:
        Spoiler:- Current Shiny Hunts, Shiny Card & 3DS Friend Code:

Yes Finally :D

A shiny drought of over a year has finally ended and it was a johto starter that shone :)

After 883 SRs (2649 starters overall) A shiny Chicorita appeared, never used Chicorita in game so this will be fun :) and this is the first pokemon of my HG/SS Badge Quest

Spoiler:- Chicoooo:

I can get on with my Badge Quest now :) so happy I've found another shiny after so long :)

Edit: I've pasted the IMG codes straight from photobucket, but they are coming up as links not pictures, not sure why this is? :/
    Last edited by Jonny7197; 18th January 2013 at 4:29 PM.
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

Quote Originally Posted by HootingLilligant View Post

Anyway, long time no see! Congratulations to TheMaster327 on the amazing Shiny Ducklett, and to everyone else on their new Shinies! I am resuming my Hunt for a Shiny Poliwag with its Hidden Ability, and also have signed up for the January International Challenge with my Shiny team, now including my new Shiny Emolga! (I don't expect to do well, I just entered for fun. Oh, and the Jaboca Berry.) Good luck to everyone on their Hunts as usual!
    It's just spam. When you see those, hit the "report" button on the bottom left of the offending post, and a mod will delete it when they get a chance
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Unfortunately, that's a not exactly a good Nature seeing how shallow Swanna's Physical movepool is. Swanna is better going Mixed or fully Special.

And it has very low Speed IV too....

Still, congrats for finally getting a shiny female Ducklett. Swanna just looks off as a male, considering its appearance. Besides, Shiny Ducklett is pink

9947 REs....hopefully your next BQ shiny won't be that long.

Anyway, the only physical set for Swanna that I can think of is

~Dive (yes, this is its ONLY physical Water move)
    ~Brave Bird/Aerial Ace
    ~Return
    ~any filler move (Toxic/Tailwind, maybe?)
    I think the main reason he wanted to hunt Ducklett was so that he could have a flyer/surfer on his BQ team. So that set wouldn't really fill the role.. Also, natures/IVs don't matter that much when you're playing through the game. So its ok to still put SpAtk moves on it if you want. :]

In other news, I've started my hunt for shiny Shroomish not too long after I got shiny Tyrogue and I'm over 100 eggs already! Shroomish has a pretty low egg step count so they hatch noticeably quicker. Although, the last time I MM'd Shroomish it took nearly 3000 eggs so hopefully I won't get near that number this time. Gratz on Eevee, Cocoa! What will you evolve it into?? And good luck everyone, stick with it!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by HootingLilligant View Post
    What message?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    It's just spam. When you see those, hit the "report" button on the bottom left of the offending post, and a mod will delete it when they get a chance
    Yup, that is what happened.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Ah, my friend at school tried to catch the Pokémon for my secret target MM. She kept on KO'ing it and almost made me late for my target.

I can't name all the recently obtained shinys but congrats to everyone! I can only remember themaster's Ducklett

As I type this I'm hatching the final egg for my Zorua so I can start my target. I'm slowly leaving my BQ alone but later I may dual-hunt it and my SECRET target.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by master of murkrow View Post
    As I read this thread I see that some people are getting a little discouraged in their longer hunts, so I decided to keep their courage up by making a special event.

If you get a shiny in the month of january I will make a special badge for the shiny you got to put in your signature. I will only make one badge per person!

this way you will always remember that one shiny you caught.

This event starts on January 18th, so earlier shiny's are not eligble

happy hunting!
    Ah, wow! I'm being a nitpick here but capital J for January . Makes me wanna go back to Heatmor but I've begun my SECRET target. -w-'

EDIT EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by master of murkrow View Post
    I think your secret hunt is a zubat?
    It isn't :3 Good guess though.

I wish my target's middle evo and final evo swapped palettes. I don't want it to be PINK!
    Last edited by supersmew; 19th January 2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: [/s]

Saaatoshi!

Still SRing for Volcorona.I'm nearing 300 SRs.Lame,I know.
    Cocoa,I hate you.
    Just kidding,but I really want my shiny Eevee too.:'D
    Congratz master!I wish I had more patience for REing.
    And gratz on all the other shinies I might have missed.^-^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Default New Shiny Card

Hey everyone! Here's a preview of my new Shiny Card! I made it myself because I thought everyone else had too masculine of a Shiny Card design.

Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

How do you like it?

Good luck on the Shiny Hunts as always!
    The rainbow has immeasurably beautiful symbolism for me.
    To me, the rainbow means:

Love everyone
    Accept everyone
    Respect everyone
    Understand everyone
    And, be kind and gentle as much as you can.

"A strong will can affect all aspects of mind, body and spirit." -Lily, Azelf-in-training

My Current Shiny Hunts:
        Spoiler:- Current Shiny Hunts, Shiny Card & 3DS Friend Code:

Page 99 of 938 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast