Oh man, does this take me back. Pokemon: The First Movie was the first movie I remember seeing in a theater. It's kind of sad to see the state Pokemon movies in the USA are right now. They get advertised and shown on Cartoon Network for a little while and not much more. As someone who grew up in the 90s, man, I remember the first movie was UNBELIEVABLY hyped. The trailer was so awesome that, before the movie even came out, I begged my parents to see movies every weekend just to see that trailer again! (This was before the Youtube days) Commercials, trailers, toys, books, everyone in my class was talking about it nonstop. They even had a special soundtrack with then-big names like Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, and other artists on the CD. I can almost compare it to the kind of hype recent movies like the Hunger Games and the Avengers have gotten.

I even had dreams about what the movie would be like. I was expecting a cool, funny, 85-90 minute episode of Pokemon but what I got far exceeded my expectations. Astounding visuals, explosions, superstorms, an epic and powerful villain bent on world domination, Ash almost dying, and a GORGEOUS musical score by Shinji Myazaki. It was one of the most, if not the most exciting moment I ever had at a movie. I'll never forget it. Man do I feel old now! Lol. So there's my experience with Pokemon at the theaters. I know one of the recent Black and White movies showed in a few theaters for a couple of days. Here's hoping US movie theaters embrace Pokemon movies once more!