Thread: Things you haven't done before that you do now and vice versa in Pokemon

Default Things you haven't done before that you do now and vice versa in Pokemon

Have you always used Repels but now stopped using them? Or you never EV trained until this Gen. Share your thought here. It can be moving on to a new favorite or using a brand new strategy!

I used to not know about EVs until the fourth generation and in Diamond is when I started some EV training. From then on, it is a tradition for me to do so in the games. The same is for repels which I use mostly while on grss to wait until it rustles. Also, lately, I have started training more than just six pokemon on my team and I rotate and level them up evenly which I have not done before.

I've never not used my masterball before, but Black 2 is probably going to be a first since there's no roaming legendaries.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I've never not used my masterball before, but Black 2 is probably going to be a first since there's no roaming legendaries.
    ^This but with the Master Ball I got from Colress.
    At this point there's really no one to use it on. :/

I never knew how to EV train untill now(now I at least attempt to EV train).
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I never bothered much with non-damaging moves or items that didn't increase damage somehow besides the Amulet Coin, but somehow in W2 I discovered the magic of Thunderwave + Electroball on my Magnezone (though I'd be keeping the former move anyway for the sake of catching things), as well as Big Root + Leech Seed on my Serperior.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I never used to nickname my Pokemon, but now I try to always give my main team themed names. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, really.

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

I used to always buy Super Potions (when applicable, of course, like in between the second and fifth badges) and Max Repels until I learned that Lemonades and Super Repels are better deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Have you always used Repels but now stopped using them?
    Why would anyone do that?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by HatenaCAMERON View Post
    ^This but with the Master Ball I got from Colress.
    And that's where legitly catching Legendaries with good IVs comes in :3

Besides that, EV training and trying to breed for decent IVs at least. Besides that, I don't really name my pokemon anymore, and I try to catch as many pokemon as I can now.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I used to always buy Super Potions (when applicable, of course, like in between the second and fifth badges) and Max Repels until I learned that Lemonades and Super Repels are better deals.

Why would anyone do that?
    Because some are brave enough to face the endeavors of Tentacool.

I used to always try to avoid the trainers when I was younger. Now I make it a point to battle every trainer in the game.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    I used to always try to avoid the trainers when I was younger. Now I make it a point to battle every trainer in the game.
    The opposite for me, really. I'm far too impatient for that now, and because of this, I had to rely off flash, thunderwave, and swords dance to take out gym leaders/bosses. I also started using repel in B2W2 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by HatenaCAMERON View Post
    Perhaps not right now, but you've heard those stories about shiny Gravlers, haven't you?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I never gave my pokemons any held items back then. But now I do in order to increase their performance in battles.

Never did competitive battling until Gen IV.

Never trained a full in-game team of Pokemon up until Gen IV. I'd always wreck the entire game with just the starter due to my impatience.

I would always train at least one Pokemon up to Level 100 without the assistance of Day Care or cheating device (until Gen III).
    Under Construction

Before fourth gen I made sure to battle trainers as soon as possible. Now that I EV train, I try to preserve as many trainers (exp)for my post-game/EV trained team.
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 14th November 2012 at 7:31 AM.

Two things: I used to avoid ALL the trainers. I also never EV trained.

Same with me. When people said EVs, I assumed they were talking about Eevees. I didn't actually know about EVs until Gen V and that's when my team started actually becoming strong.

Plus in Diamond (the first Pokemon game I had), I used my Level 100 Starter ... as a HM Slave. I know, it's pretty stupid but I didn't have a clue about Pokemon in those days. Never again.

I never used to use HM slaves, because I hadn't thought of the concept until I saw chuggaaconroy do it (I think it was him anyway). As a knock-on effect of that, I've been able to shorten my party Pokemon used in battles in-game to about 2 or 3, whereas I always used to use 6 evenly-trained Pokemon - which mean't I would be stuck at E4's for quite a while

I TRY to not use Repels all the time but it gets to the point where you're exploring the Castelia Sewers when you realise you actually need repels to get through these places. Who hasn't used a repel in Castelia Sewers?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer10913 View Post
    Who hasn't used a repel in Castelia Sewers?
    The first time i explored it i needed the xp. after that it's just been going to the grass area or the relic passage which i only occasionally have to fight on grimer/zubat. however i don't know if this is because i usually have a level 100 at the front of my party.

my new big thing for gen five is dex completion. i'm getting sick of eggs not being produced

i use to avoid all trainers possible! but now i try to battle as many as possible.

the only hold item i use to ever use was the XP share. just now starting with generation 5, I've been using other items to power up my team's moves, and gain more XP while training.
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

I used to try to get through every area quickly but now I do not leave until I've captured every single Pokemon available in the area.

Note: Repels really help with shaking grass and audino grinding.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

I now use a main team, which I didn't do at first. At first, I would have like 3 or 4 Pokemon that I always kept in my team, and then the rest of the team members were just Pokemon from the recent area. This happened in my first 2 Pokemon games, Diamond and SoulSilver, but stopped when I needed a Fire Type for Candice's gym and I chose Ponyta and let's not go into that story. But, long story short, I didn't used to use proper main teams, and now I do.
    And I also use Repels more often now.

That's all I can think of right now.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit: