Thread: A Sandy Despair

Default A Sandy Despair

Hello all, I'm new to this forum as of today am new to competitive Pokemon as of a week or so ago. I haven't Wifi battled yet with strangers but I play with my friends. I'm currently undefeated but I'm SURE there's room for improvement. I have little knowledge of EV training and this team isn't Ev trained, my next one will be. I have attempts to get good natures though.

Mainly please look at my team a suggest different moves or completely different Pokemon based on your experience and base on me covering my weaknesses.

Lead
    Tyranitar
    Adamant Nature
    Leftovers
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang
    Stealth Rock
    Stone Edge

Wall/Setter
    Ferrothorn(MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE)
    Impish
    Leftovers
    Spikes
    Power Whip
    Explosion
    Gyro Ball

Damage and Ferrothorn switch in
    I really like to set out Ferrothorn and then when I see a fire attack coming I go to Heatran for Flash Fire
    Heatran
    Modest Nature
    Fire Plate
    Flamethrower
    Substitute
    Toxic
    Protect

Sweeper
    Excadrill
    Sand Rush
    Earthquake
    X-Scizzor
    Swords Dance
    Rapid Spin

Coverage
    Empoleon
    Modest
    Water Gem
    Brine
    Aqua Jet
    Ice Beam
    Stealth Rock

Metagross
    Adamant
    Leftovers
    Zen Headbutt
    Bullet Punch
    Meteor Mash
    Hammer Arm

And that's it! Be gentle! Ive considered using a Skarmory, Gliscor, Magenzone and a few others so feel more than free to suggest those.

You HAVE to post descriptions for each Pokemon.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    You HAVE to post descriptions for each Pokemon.
    I'm sorry I'm new, what else should I include? I said natures, items, Pokemon, and movepools. I stated they aren't EV trained, so what exactly do you need?

Why you chose each move. This is for completed teams, which means, before posting, you have to list EVs and descriptions.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Well my team competitive within MY FRIENDS only. We choose to not EV train, and the moves are pretty obvious I'd guess.
    Just because I'm not making an elite EV trained Wifi team doesn't mean you can't give advice on makin it better, right?

1. Finish your team before posting it.

What this means is that your team MUST consist of 6 Pokemon with Items, Natures, EV Spreads, and 4 Moves. It is also a very good idea to play test your team before you post your RMT.

In the event that you are posting a team for use in the Official Nintendo Random Wi-Fi Metagame, then you can post a team consist of three Pokemon, but you must state in your opening post what metagame this team will be used for.

In the event that you are posting a team for the Video Game Championships, then you can post a team consist of four Pokemon, but you must state in your opening post what metagame this team will be used for.
    3. Your team must be formatted properly. You also need to explain IN DETAIL why you have chosen a certain Pokemon.

The better your post looks, the more likely you are to get a good rate. Also, before you post RMT thread, have some actual words to say instead of one line descriptions that give raters no information. Raters are not mind readers, in order for them to give you a proper rate they need to understand your thinking. For each Pokemon on your team, you need to explain why you selected it, its role, and what it helps you achieve. This should be a few sentences, single words are not allowed. Follow this format when posting your team for ALL POKEMON:

Pokemon 1 @ Item
    Ability:
    EVs:
    Nature:
    - move
    - move
    - move
    - move

*Detailed description of the Pokemon's purpose to the team*

An example of a description we look for:

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
    -Iron Head
    -Thunder Wave
    -Fire Punch
    -Stealth Rock

Thunder Wave Jirachi, as a lead, has been successful for my team. The purpose of Jirachi is to get Stealth Rocks up, and once that's done, Pokemon such as Gyarados, Dragonite, or DD Babari Berry Tyranitar that switch in to try and set up on my lead are immediately rendered useless thanks to Thunder Wave. My game plan is to set up Stealth Rock first, and then Thunder Wave to scout my opponent's team/cripple any sweeper hoping to use Jirachi as set up bait. With Choice Scarf being popular on lead sets, I decided to take advantage of its popularity, and it has paid off in every game I have been in.

Jirachi has been EVed to top Lucario in speed and use Fire Punch, or at the very least stop him completely with Thunder Wave. Sometimes, getting a burn hax via Fire Punch helps, but as I can't KO Lucario with it, I tend to play it safe with T-Wave in most games. Either method is fine as Lucario remains crippled at the end of the day.

Here is what we don't want, and will likely get your thread locked:

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Naive
    -Stealth Rock
    -Close Combat
    -Fake Out
    -Fire Blast

Standard lead, sets up rocks and breaks sash for my opponent.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...l-28th-2011%29

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

If you don't have EVs, that means it's NOT a competitive team. Maybe you don't understand what a competitive team is... Competitive teams aren't teams you use to compete against your friends (unless they too happen to be competitive battlers), competitive battling is almost an entirely separate game. Here, since I suck at explaining stuff, read this.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/