Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you get into Pokemon?

When I was in 2nd grade I believe. I had a neighbor kid a few years older than me who collected the cards. Then I started too. Eventually got in to the games. I play it and then stop for a while, then come back to it.
    FC White: 1893 6509 3199.

Looking for:

Can Offer: Anything I'm not looking for.

Can infect with Pokerus.

I can't remember how I got into it initially when I was a child, but I do remember how I got BACK into it... in 2010 my roommate was on DeviantArt reading a summary of the new Pokemon White and started telling me about it. I was intrigued enough that I went and got the game and started it up. I had never played a Pokemon game before - let alone knew they existed since I assumed it was just the cards and anime - and I spent all night playing it and bothering her on WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT POKEBALLS and HOW DO I CATCH THIS PIECE OF S-!

Best purchase I ever made I say...

I'm one of the younger fans of Pokemon, I didn't grow up with Red, Blue, and Yellow (though I had some VHS tapes of the original anime so I would watch those a lot), nor did I have Gold, Sliver, and Crystal. My brother had all those games, until Generation III I don't think he missed a single main series game. The reason being was that I was finally old enough to get the other version of the game. I had Sapphire, he had Ruby. I had LeafGreen, I don't think he got FireRed (though I think at some point he had Emerald which is a game I really want now). I sucked at Pokemon during Gen III, I was around his age when get got Red and Blue and I don't know how he beat them. I just plain sucked, but that was because my starter was generally all I cared about (seriously, a level 57 Blaziken when ready to catch Kyorge and the rest being level 20 HM Slaves). Then Generation IV came along, I saw the new Pokemon on Serebii from my brother's computer. He got Diamond and I got Pearl. I finally did okay in a Pokemon game. My starter still got a bit more attention but the other team members now mattered as well. I finally understood and beat Cynthia from 10 to 20 times on the game. At that point I was into Pokemon more than before and I would eventually get Platinum, HeartGold, Black, and most recently Black 2.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

My cousin came to visit back when I was 12 and brought Pokemon Blue with him. I asked if I could play, and he lent it to me for a week. As soon as I started playing and heard the music, I felt really excited. I started playing and was completely clueless, but I quickly learned the basics even though I couldn't understand much. A few months later I got Pokemon Red. I was really happy to finally have my own Pokemon game and that was the start. Ever since that moment I've been a huge fan of these games.

I grew up with it i guess. When i was about 8, In year 4, I found some pokemon cards in the toys r us in Leicester. My grandparents had Sky, and whenever I went to their house in the lake district, i always watched pokemon. Pokemon Johto, Pokemon Advanced battle, anything that was on. My first every game was pokemon diamond, and I loved it. Ever since then, I loved it. I did have one period, about, when i was 10 - 11 when i hated it, guess i was going through a phase, but when i found out i wasn't the only person of my inetlligence who liked pokemon, i've come back on it strongly. I love the second mewtwo movie, it's the best
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

When pokemon first came out, my mom got me my first Gameboy Color and a copy of Pokemon Yellow to go with it. I knew nothing about pokemon, but I really enjoyed it. I have been playing every since.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I started to like pokemon when I got my first pack of Pokemon Trading cards. I loved the way the picture looked and I just got so into them. My first pokemon game was Crystal, which I sill have.

Name: Turpin
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My close friends at school were playing and i didnt want to sound like a total noob, so i started playing and havent stopped since

I had two older brothers and always got handed down toys when i was little. Since they were really into it, i sorta grew up with pokemon from a young age. I guess my mother wasn't too happy when she figured out i was playing a game who's main audience was boys, but she was much more upset when she figured out i was playing my brother's halo games at the age of five... Good times...

Current shinies: - 3 SRs, - 5 SRs, - Random encounter
    Hunts: , , // .

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    'Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.'

The summer I broke my collarbone (which I broke on the first day of summer vacation. Just my luck right? -.-) I literally couldn't do anything so my mom got me a gameboy and my first game, which I can't remember which one it was. I think it was red but I'm not sure. I was like 10 when that happened.

But yeah, that's how I got into Pokemon.

I saw the first season of the anime first and started to get cards and other merchandise, Red and Blue unknown to me. Then, I saw an ad for Pokemon Yellow and later played a Mario game on a friend's GBC and got addicted to it. So I bought Pokemon Yellow and a teal gameboy and forgot all about that Playstation in the corner of the bedroom, which I regret a bit now

I cannot remember for the life of me exactly when I started playing. I want to say it was the summer of 1999, because I remember it was a gift from my uncle for getting good grades. but it could have been before, but anyways:

Me and my brother fought a lot over the game consoles and such, so I think to help alleviate the problem, my uncle got me my own game boy color, and he bought us Pokémon Red and Blue and a link cable. I played Red and my brother played Blue, and together we completed the Pokédex in generation I (except Mew). I got Yellow, my brother wasn't really into it, but I finished that Pokédex too (Again, no Mew). I still remember my first starter I ever chose was Charmander. So I watched the show too religiously too, but I stopped somewhere mid-Johto. So I guess that's how I got into Pokémon. And I still play it to this day. Obviously now I'm much better at it than back in the day, still not as good as most competetivie players though. I guess you could say Pokémon was a huge part of my life growing up.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

I was givin a eevee, butterfree, and vulpix card by someone in my school at the time. That's how it all started.

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~} {~TEF~} {~Mystic Types Cloob~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 86~} {~Most recent shiny : random shiny Anorith(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

My Bank Ball Collection Spreadsheet

I liked the show when I was very young (but then they stopped showing it in South Africa) but I wasn't the huge fan I am now. I got lots of Pokemon cards in early 2008 and that got me into it quite a bit. But it mainly started on that fateful day, October 18th 2008, when I went into Reggies and bought my DS Lite and Pokemon Diamond!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

My older brother had Pokemon Red, Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Stadium 2. I decided to play with those games, I was pretty clueless playing Red, pwned wild Pokemon with my brother's Kadabra, and enjoyed Stadium 2 the most since I got to use any Pokemon I wanted. I watched a couple of episodes from the anime (mostly R/S/E ones) and watched my dad play Ruby and Colosseum (Dad also loved to play Pokemon, but he doesn't play it anymore. He doesn't know a thing about gen IV and V and prefers to play Final Fantasy and other related titles today.) I got Diamond one day and beat it myself. That was the thing that finally made me a huge Pokemon fan.

I got into it through a trapdoor. You know, the kind that are impossible to get out of.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

May your quirky characters and edgy plot twists
    live forever inside our minds.

Because according to producers
    and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

Well it was a huge fad at the time. Everyone had the cards, played the games and watched the anime. It was pretty much impossible not to get into it. It just sticked with me and while others lost their interest over time (and because the school banned the cards, taking away and burning the ones of kids that still had them with them), I kept playing the games.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

When I was just 2 years old or 3 I got a Gameboy color from my cousin, it had Mario and Pokémon, I couldn't speak english and didn't understand most of it, but I loved it and played for hours

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12