Thread: Prequel, Sequel, Remakes or 3rd Game?

Default Prequel, Sequel, Remakes or 3rd Game?

Hey all. I have came with a topic in mind... It's about what you like: Sequel, Remakes or a 3rd Game. I threw in Prequel because it seemed like a possible format.

@Mods. This doesn't talk about speculation and stuff. But if you felt that I have broken the rules, please feel free to shut it.

Anyways... to the main bulk

Sequel is like BW2 to BW1, following the original storyline
    Prequel may take place before the originals, but this has never been done before so yeah.
    Remakes are like upgrades of original games with no change in storyline, such as FRLG to RBG and HGSS to GSC.
    3rd Game are just an expansion, such as Emerald to Ruby Sapphire and Platinum to Diamond/Pearl.

Discuss which one you like best
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 10th November 2012 at 12:21 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

A remake of RSE, so that I can play through Hoenn. A prequel could be nice, too.

I think a Prequel would be really cool. But 3rd games tend to my my faves.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 2

Remakes. They wouldn't release sequels or prequels for games released ten years ago.

I would like sequels, but not before remakes.

I'd have to say remakes, although I would love to have prequels for HGSS and DP. And a sequel to RSE could be fun too.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

This is gonna get locked.

Anyway, I'd say sequels and maybe prequels. Sequels are great because they allow you to revisit a certain region in a new way. You have new characters, a new storyline, new areas, etc. It makes the games feel fresh without having to do something completely new. Prequels could possibly do this, but there's the issue of how the region develops. You would expect regions to develop and become bigger as they go along, so prequels may not actually expand the region in the same way sequels do. Remakes and 3rd games aren't really that great because they don't add anything significant to the game. It's still largely the same as the original and can feel boring if you've played the first game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Sequels, these remakes are becoming a snooze IMO.

I'm a little tied with a sequel and a remake. I guess I could say a remake for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Remakes. They wouldn't release sequels or prequels for games released ten years ago.

I would like sequels, but not before remakes.
    I agree with this, I think there should just be remakes with several enhances in them. Along with the new Generation V Mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I would be fine with sequels or remakes for RSE. But for Kanto I would take prequels over anything else, because a prequel to Gen 1 could give so much history of the Pokemon world.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Got to shut it, GPD rules. No unannounced game speculation.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)