Thread: New to the forums

Default New to the forums

Hey, I'm new to the forums, obviously. Been playing Pokemon for a long time, but I took a break after Ruby/Sapphire. Just recently bought a DSi to play games while on break at work, so I decided to give the new gen a shot. So far... meh? I bought White and I'm probably a little over halfway through and none of the Pokemon jump out at me. Maybe it's because I played the old ones so much and knew all the Pokemon pretty well, but a lot of the Pokes in White are... underwhelming. Honestly, so many of them are sloooow. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like they changed something about the distribution of stat points. A lot of the Pokemon that I think have decent stats lack in the speed department.

Hello there I'm PPL, welcome to the forums :3

Wow, looks like ye and I are in the same boat. I stopped playing during Gen 3 as well (5-6 years) but got back like last year XD nya~

Welcome to the forums. I'm Spudnugget1. Or Mister Alpha... Or something. I go by many names.

While Generation 3 was my starting point game-wise, I'd have to agree that a lot of the Pokemon post-Gen 3 are slower. There are some with better stats in the speed department, but I went and spent my time leveling a Lucario to 100 this past week and ended up with a sub-par unit. 'Twas slow as a brick...

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I agree about the speed missing, but it's really been exchanged for more offensive stats. Take Swellow, for example. It has the speed, but not the bulk in defense nor the attack it needs. This generation, we have things like Conkeldurr, which can take lots of hits with its bulk and proceed to power up with Bulk Up, then giving a monstrous Drain Punch to get health back or give a hard-hitting Mach Punch. See?

Anyways, if you want some help getting back into the metagame or any stuff with competitive Pokemon at all, shoot me VM or PM.

~Credits to myself~

Yeah, it's not a major complaint at all, more of an observation. I actually REALLY like this new gen mainly because of the accessibility. I never got much into trading or battling because the last Pokemon I played didn't have all the newfangled wi-fi options. Now my party is a mix of newbies and oldies and I'm loving it.
    WANT POKERUS? I can breed these starters/rares with Pokerus or pretty much anything you want:

Legendaries for trade:

Looking for:

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D.