Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Teen Titans: Future Imperfect SU (Little TT knowlege needed to participate)

So...I'm unfortunately going to have to withdraw my reservation. As much as I'd like to get my DC characters some exposure, I've got too much going on in real life to be able to partake in this RP.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Zalck, Captain Reaction is added to the first post and approved to be the second in command. Your writing is good and I like the character being written into the story well like that. We will be starting off from the speech your character gives, as requested.

Donut, you still have stuff about Star and a couple other people's characters in Other for The Butcher, but if you can take that out he's fine.

Madame Mist is approved, pending a change to her origin. Diamite is solid and is not a liquid. How you want to mutate her further than what she had already is up to you, but definitely not by diving into Diamite. Shade doesn't even have any extra Diamite besides what she's already eaten, and it was plenty. If you want to have Mist mutated by Diamite you'll have to settle for it being part of Shade's ability to give powers to others, which is on a timer. See Neo's signup for Shade on the details.

I also wonder how the magic chant mentions good stuff but she ended up being a villain, and remove any mention to the fight 8 years ago. I'd prefer nobody refer to had actually been there close enough to hear names. If you want to have just been there, fine, but no names.

Morpher it's too bad you cant join, but maybe later? Signups will never be closed as long as people can explain how they're showing up "late" so feel free to sign up if you have time down the line later.

I think I covered everybody now?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 23rd November 2012 at 4:11 PM.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Unfortunately I'm bad at writing backstories, so I'll put in what I have now and work on the rest tonight and put it in tomorrow.

Name and Last Name: Mila Vom Stein
    Hero or Villain: Villain
    Super Hero/Villain Alias: Ore (pronounced Oh-ruh, from the Latin Ablative case for Bone)
    Description: Despite her German heritage, she appears to be a younger woman of Asian decent. Standing at 5'9 and only weighing about 135 pounds (when she's not messing around with her bone density), she is a frail-looking young woman, with black hair that she keeps back in a bun behind her head with two ivory chopsticks. Her eyes are grey, which is itself a rarity. Her skin is usually very pale because it is constantly being regenerated, with only a few scars from her earlier training still remaining visible on her hands, forearms, and on her left collarbone, all small circles about the diameter of the bones in their respective areas. She almost always wears non-restrictive clothing, as it would get torn in battle because of her power.
    Personality: Mila is a very cold hearted individual. Because her power causes her pain as a side effect, it has dulled her to emotions as a whole, leaving only rage and anger behind. While she embraces her powers and uses them frequently, she is usually quick to point out that she has limits. She prefers to work in a team compared to working alone, as her past experiences have proven that a lone villain is usually a dead villain. She has a pretty heavy dependency on painkillers because she's been using them for the past 7 years as a way to ease the pain caused by her powers, and could possibly be bribed to do anything if a particularly powerful painkiller or a large quantity were to be offerred to her. She tends to be less of a thinker, and prefers to fight with brute force, as shown by her extensive use of bludgeoning weapons when using her bone-constructed weapons.
    Background/History: She was born to a German father and a Taiwanese mother, which explains her Asian appearance yet clearly Western attitude and demeanor. When Mila was born, she was born with an advanced form of osteoporosis which was disintegrating her bone mass, despite all conventional medical treatments to try and stave off the process as soon as possible. Due to the intense pain she was usually under, she led a secluded life, often alone or accompanied by parents and medical staff. She lived in Germany for 10 years before her father, a medical researcher, moved to Jump City for his research work. Despite having gotten his doctorate equivalent in neuroscience, when his daughter had been born he went back through his studies to study through the field of orthopedics in order to try and help his daughter. It took several years of research, to the point where Mila was 13 at the time, but he believed he had found a type of medicine which would at least accelerate Mila's bone growth rate to at least negate the disintegration. It had passed through the standards of animal testing, and even other human test subjects had experienced positive results. So nothing could go wrong, right?

Cue the allergic reaction, which did what Mila's father had set out to do, namely stop her bones from disintegrating. However, the adverse effect was that her bones were now growing at impossible rates, often puncturing her skin when there was nowhere else for the bone tissue to grow. The experience was so painful for Mila that she was sedated heavily so that for most of the time between 13 and 14 years old, she was either unconscious, or barely conscious enough to understand what was going on. This was when it was discovered by further medical examination that she could be able to control her bone growth if she wanted to. With this in mind she was sent with painkillers to keep her as sane as possible, to a martial arts teacher, who initially taught her to seek inner peace with techniques with tai-chi, though once Mila found out that she was also able to create basic constructs, she took up fencing as well as fighting lessons in various martial arts to keep herself mentally disciplined as well as explore the way she could use her powers.

Eventually she was able to live a fairly normal life. She was considered by many of her friends to be fairly depressive or irate compared to a normal individual, but this was the only problem which plagued her daily life. However, the Apocalypse coming down on Jump City was the horrifying experience that finally twisted her into the dark person she now is. Because of the eventual collapse of general daily life things that tend to happen with evil masterminds attempting to take over a metropolitan area, it became increasingly difficult for her to find that painkillers required to keep her powers in check. Over time she grew to be a twisted woman, craving anything that can abate the pain of her powers being used, which is her current connection to the villainous organization. Though she often works alone in her operations, she has accepted that her true self lies within the band of villains now in control over The City of the Shadows.

Superpower(s)/Special Abilities/Etc: Broadly described, Osteokinesis; being the power to manipulate the structure, growth rate, density, and similar characteristics of bones within her own body, as well as the bones in others, though with limited effect.

Within her own body, she can grow her own bones into any size and shape she can think of, as well as change the density of the bones as well. This allows her to "grow" weapons made of her own bones from her own limbs, including basic projectiles such as spikes and "bullets" which are extruded at sub-sonic speeds from her body. She can also form basic constructs out of her bones, though larger constructs are more difficult, as they require more material which is essentially her own skeleton. Her most common weapons which she uses tend to be bludgeoning weapons, such as large hammers, clubs, or even large shields with which she can bash other people. While she is proficient enough to make and use swords with ease, it isn't as effective as her standard choices.

To supplement this, she has a very high regeneration rate from most wounds, provided that a foreign physical object doesn't remain within the wound itself, such as a bullet or a needle. This allows her to almost instantly regenerate any amounts of bone tissue that she loses from her own devices, as well as any damage sustained to her by enemies. However, regenerating her bone structure takes a small toll on her total energy, and so she functions as if she had a very high metabolism, needing to eat much more than one would assume for a normal human of her height and weight.

In others, she can only manipulate the actual structure of the existing bone (i.e forcing someone's upper arm to break, tearing fingers off at the knuckles) if she can maintain physical contact for at least a minute. While her main focus with this skill is destructive, she can also use it to provide a temporary fix to potential bone fractures in allies by lining the bones up properly.

The main downside is that whenever she does remove bones from her body, it usually involves breaking the skin at the exit point, which is still fairly painful for her, despite her ability to heal the wound almost immediately. To combat this she relies on painkillers as much as possible without clouding her senses, though this only works to an extent.

Species: N/A
    Member of the Renegades: No
    If yes to the above, then list your position or duties if you have any: (Military-type Rank, and/or how you usually spend your time)
    If yes to the previous two, then do you want to be mutated, if starting out as a human member of the Renegades? (Yes or No)
    If not a member, were you planning to join? (For people who show interest, but are not members yet. Does not apply to Villains or evil aligned civilians)

List your job, designation, position, or duties in the Villain community: Due to her simple bone-setting abilities, she can be called upon as a proxy medic, although her powers only effect bones. Her preference to go into straight up fights often gets her sent into the front lines of battle. She generally doesn't give advice or strategic information to any of her superiors, as she is usually busy trying to locate a source of painkillers to use on herself.
    Roleplay Sample:

[spoiler=RP Sample]
    Mila Vom Stein aka Ore
    Villains
    City of the Shadows, Old Subway Tunnel

The darkness was inviting. Though it was hard to see in, it was a cold harsh embrace that kept her mind off of the pain. That sliding honed pain that was piercing her right forearm in the form of a twisted club with a lethal spike on the end. Though it was reported that some rebels had been forcefully evacuated from the old subway tunnels, it was never wise to travel without some kind of weapon these days. The City of the Shadows was definitely not the glorious Jump City of the past, but it didn't need to be either. In the days before the darkness there had been pain, and there was pain now. The only thing that had truly changed for the Asian-appearing woman was who was in charge. Before the dark times she had been in control. Her mind was her focus, her body, operating against its own survival, was only an instrument to be locked away under focus, discipline, and the battle-ready focus. Now with all of that torn away in the shadow of the new order, the weapon inside her had been unleashed. It was hard to keep the asinine hopes of true Zen, of peace within oneself, when you have to fight off the Diamite-mutated scavengers that threatened every dark corner of the city.

The wind was still in the abandoned tunnel system, as could be expected. However, there was suddenly a sound. A careless splashing that seemed trivial, assuming that one was accustomed to a day and age where the things which go bump in the darkness were confined to the corners of fiction. Clutching the bony club once tighter, she also reached into the pocket of her shorts, quickly swallowing a large red pill that she had won out of a wandering vagrant. The elder gentleman didn't put up much of a fight. Especially once he was silenced after his lower jaw was split in half. Fortunately he had been hoarding some fairly powerful painkillers on him. Enough of a cache to keep her running properly for at least another week. She could already feel the dulled pain, and focused on her skin, and felt as it hardened into a callous layer of bone, which would at least be able to protect her from the most common of attacks. It was usually more than enough to scare off the most common of wandering Diamite-enhanced wannabe heroes.

The splashing moved closer, a slogging step series through the subway tunnel. Finally a large frame appeared, much larger than any normal human. Or at least as normal as humans would appear these days. Once he finally stepped into the light of an open manhole, he was visible. He was a hulking mass of muscle. In his previous life he was probably some overweight bus driver or computer expert. Now it would appear that all of the blubber from his former self was simply converted into raw muscle. With a clamorous roar, he charged, ape-like fists clenched to deliver a powerful punch which would send a lesser man to his grave. However, she wasn't a lesser man. Much less a lesser woman. She was prepared with years of fighting experience, fueled by pain and frustration. Dodging the haymaker punch, she brought the spike of the hammer down behind the back of his head. The wound certainly didn't kill him, as he seemed to be endowed with superhuman durability as well as strength. Staggering his way back to his feet, he cursed loudly.

"Allright hone, you might have gotten the first drop on me, but it'll take much more than that to knock me over." Moving slowly for his next move, he was still too far away for a small move with my hammer to possibly reach him. She grunted with the effort, and focused on her hands, pushing out each knuckles of her fingers out with as much growth-force as possible, the bony bullets flying towards her attacker, too quick for him to dodge. The bullets sank into his skin, causing him to cry out in pain as she quickly closed the distance between them, swinging the hammer with full force. As she struck the large brute squarely in the neck between his shoulder blades, he fell down with a breathless scream, the wind knocked out along with his consciousness. After checking him for any valuables and only finding a few cigarettes and an empty vodka bottle, she continued through the empty dark tunnel.

Just another day in the City of Shadows.
    Last edited by Chthonic Flames; 26th November 2012 at 2:55 PM.
    --I don't have regular internet access, so don't be surprised if I suddenly don't show up for days at a time.--

I write to stay alive. What have you done lately?

Fizzy Bubbles Profile

Looks great so far, CF. I mean evil, actually. Please continue, and a Sample would be nice. Although since you're from FB I dunno if it's right of me to ask for one. I'm honored to have people from FB here.

Remember people, touching this character is a bad idea for good guys. Makes me glad Star is almost completely long range.

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Edited Mutation, but I would prefer if she still heard the battle. But (forgive me if I didn't explain this properly) she has no idea who Cyborg, Raven or Nightwing were/are, and will not find out until the end, so don't worry about me trying to muscle in by saying 'oh, Mist knows where they are, I'm in charge now' Because she will never know. Shade didn't feel it relevant to educate her on the past (or at least, that aspect of the past) Looking forward to the start of The story, Let's get going!
    Last edited by THEIRONDONUT; 24th November 2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

May I write two charecters? I have a villain in mind, as well as a "henchman" of his that I'm more than willing to write a seperate SU for.
    Nope

I guess with that explanation it's fine, Donut. Just don't go forcing yourself into finding the old Titans members. That's a no. They're around, but only Neo and I will decide if they show up or when. The only exception is if somebody wants to RP them.

Thegame88, two characters is fine as long as you remember to write for both.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 25th November 2012 at 2:12 PM.

Gotta say that I've been looking forward to another TT RP. Going to reserve for a villain, maybe a neutral. Can a character start out being a Diamite mutant, or is that exclusive to the new heroes?
    Last edited by Pokefan0234; 25th November 2012 at 3:37 AM. Reason: I spellz good.

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

You don't need to reserve.

Both sides have access to Diamite as a mutation, but the villains do it differently. Shade's powers are Diamite based and she gives temporary powers (10 posts), while Star has some in storage and getting mutated by it is permanent.

Thread will be posted this evening.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 25th November 2012 at 6:01 PM.

Alright, got 'em both done. Probly didn't need two RP samples, but eh, I stuck 'em on there anyway.

Name and Last Name (If you have one): N/A; formerly a villain under the alias of Houl
    Super Hero/Villain Alias: Chimera
    Description: For someone with the name of a legendary beast, Chimera is surprisingly short, standing at only five-foot-five. Yet he is by no means small; his bulky, muscular build makes up for any power lost by his height. His quick pace and tall stance gives him an air of confidence and regality, and it’s safe to say that if he wasn’t so short, he’d be looking down at everyone he met.

Dog-like eyes, shaggy brown hair, and a small but exceptionally arrogant smile are all trademarks of his facial appearance. His fangs and the claws on his hands and feet are entirely real, and he files and sharpens them daily in order to keep them in top flesh-ripping condition. Despite being relatively healthy, his skin always takes on a greenish, sickly glow, as though he were the victim of some unknown disease.

True to his name, Chimera is a collection of various animals. All of his clothing is composed of skins and furs from a variety of different creatures – bears, wolves, foxes, and the occasional rabbit can all be found in its patchwork. On his back grow a pair of leathery, bat-like wings, (though they are more useful for gliding than for flying.) A snake carcass hangs from the back to form a tail, and a hood decorated with a pair of curled ram horns and a set of oversized wolf ears complete the wild-boy outfit. Only in the rare times that he feels the need to show respect to another does he take the hood off. Shoes are for squares; no matter the terrain, he always treks barefoot.

Personality: Arrogant, selfish, and quick-tempered are all words that fit Chimera to a ‘T’. Since his stint as an animal-controlling villain by the name of Houl, he’s had a massive boost to his ego, to the point that he could easily be considered as having a god-complex. After all, with his powers, he is something of a ruler in the animal kingdom – and, like any great ruler, should be treated with the fear and respect he so rightfully deserves. Subjects that fall out of line are considered an afternoon snack – rebels, a light appetizer. Any species, animal or human, that falls into his territory is either under his rule or on his dinner plate – no exceptions.

He is a master of carnage. Years of racing through the countryside and cities, killing whatever happens to fall into his path, has left him with a palette that occasionally includes members of his fellow species. Technically, his ravenous hunger is a byproduct of his abilities, but countless years and ever-countless murders have caused him to approve of his killings. To him, non-supers, human and animal alike, are nothing more than food for the dogs – and occasionally, regular super-powered creatures fall into this category as well.

He doesn’t tend to trust, nor does he enjoy being forced into alliances with others. During his days as a lower-class villain, he worked in a few criminal organizations, and none of them helped to advance his goal in becoming the supreme ruler of man and beast. What it did show him, however, was that humans were always looking for someone to take advantage of, and as such, he stays clear of any relationship that would not be beneficial for him. Of course, there are a few lucky individuals that he does not completely despise, and anyone with some form of friendship with him can be guaranteed that he’ll stay out of there way – so long as they stay out of his, of course.

Background/History: A long, long time ago – that is, 20 years – there was a kid with the ability to talk to animals. A kid who was a vegetarian, who stood at the top of his class in academics, and who dreamed about becoming a veterinarian at a zoo, helping animals from all over the world live their lives in peace and good health. He had friends – animal and human – a good family, and, altogether, a good life. And there was nothing – nothing at all – that seemed able to break that reality.

But that innocent ability to talk to animals suddenly transformed into something else. A demon, maybe, or some freakish personality that rose up in the back of his mind. No doctor or psychologist could diagnose it, whatever it was. But it ate him from the inside, took away his health, his knowledge, and his sanity, and left him with an insatiable hunger only able to be quenched by the diet of a carnivore.

He ran off before he could be condemned to an asylum. For years, he lived in the wild, controlled by the sudden bursts of rage and hunger that welled up inside him. Honestly, he never meant to kill anyone. But humans were everywhere, and eventually, during a daze of famish and rage, he found himself with human blood on his hands and an unsettling indifference to the crime he had just committed.

Eventually, he became a rogue super by the name of Houl and ran about terrorizing towns and cities. At some point, he found himself wandering a city in Northern California, where he met the newly-created Teen Titans North, a group of superheroes fighting crime in the city. Several skirmishes occurred between them, and more than once Houl found himself standing on the edge of life and death. Luckily, there was one person compassionate enough to help him – a Titan by the name of Whiplash. She acted like a big sister to him, even when he considered himself a monster, and while he’d never admit to being friends with a human, he… did kind of like her.

He visited the city once more a few years later, but was vastly disappointed when Whiplash was nowhere to be found, and went back to his spree of surplus slaughtering, changing his name to Chimera in the process. His powers mutated once more, turning him into even more of a beast, and, finding no better place for a monster to blend in than the dingy, human-filled Dark City, he crept in and began hunting down the poor humans stuck inside. At one point, he even tried to take over a part of the city, but some mutant by the name of Shade temporarily turned him into a plushtoy and sent him running with his tail between his legs. He’s been in the city for a year now, and while he’s been itching to get a view of the outside world again, he won’t leave until he’s able to wring the neck of that freak Shade.

Superpower(s)/Special Abilities/Etc:
    +++ Empathic Presence – There’s a reason Chimera considers himself to be the king of all beasts; because well, in a sense, he is. He is able to both sense and influence the emotions of animals and bestial creatures just by being around them, contorting their senses to bend to his will. Animals tend to swarm to him, and it is easy to identify if he is nearby just by watching the actions of the creatures in his vicinity. Unfortunately, due to his distaste for humankind, it has no effect on were-creatures or intelligent beasts, (though they both may be able to sense the commands he is broadcasting.)

This empathy can be broadcasted in two ways. His presence, of course, is his main method of control, and this passive ability can extend up to a mile without obstruction. In order to summon animals and beasts from farther away, however, Chimera can let out an ear-splitting roar capable of being heard from up to two miles away. Its uses aren’t limited to barking orders, either (no pun intended); the roar is capable of shattering glass, and is perfectly capable of causing people to flitch at close range.

+++ Voracious Bite - By biting into the skin of any living animal, Chimera can sap away the energy of an individual, weakening the victim in the process. This stolen energy can be applied to various things, such as healing minor wounds or renewing Chimera’s physical strength. It is secluded to his own use, however, and cannot be used to heal or strengthen his teammates.

The effect of the Voracious Bite has a profound impact on Chimera’s physical and mental health. Energy collected by the Bite stunts Chimera’s growth and mental development, causing him to appear and act younger than he is. In addition, the Bite’s aggressive influence creates an insatiable hunger which, when left unchecked, leads to erratic and rabid-like behavior.

+++ Evolution - A by-product of Chimera’s influence from the natural world, this passive ability grants Chimera some natural characteristics of certain animals, including above average speed, strength, sense of smell, and sense of hearing – at least in human terms. It also is the cause of his fangs and claws, and the growth of his bat-like wings. Those these characteristics are nowhere near the superpower equivalents of, say, superstrength and superspeed, they are nothing to snooze at, (as being hit with the force of a running tiger or slammed at the velocity of a diving falcon is still powerful in its own right.)

Species: Human (though his appearance could fool you).
    Member of the Renegades: Would you want him to be? (That’s a ‘no,’ by the way.)
    List your job, designation, position, or duties in the Villain community: A front-linesman, though he considers himself as head of everything that doesn’t happen to be in Shade’s five-mile radius.
    Roleplay Sample: From an RP that I used his younger version in:

Spoiler:- RP Sample 1:

Other: He’s partially illiterate, and can’t write to save his life. Don’t ask him to do any paperwork.

Name and Last Name (If you have one): Martin Quincy
    Hero or Villain: Neutral, though shifts between alliances frequently
    Super Hero/Villain Alias: Contrary
    Description: For a super, Martin is unusually plain. Average height, average weight, and just plain average-looking, he’s not the kind of guy you could pick out in a crowd. In fact, the only thing that sets him apart from the other grunts loitering around in the city is not his appearance, but his sense of hygiene; despite the filth that the city endures, he is remarkably clean and well-shaven.

A well-kept mess of blonde hair sits on his head, occasionally falling into his blue eyes. His skin is something of a mild tan, and has stayed that way despite the lack of light inside the city. A ragged brown jacket on top of a worn grey shirt and a pair of shaggy jeans are really the only good clothing he owns, along with a pair of brown boots that are worse for wear. Being the unassuming person that he is, he keeps a chain with a model of an atom around his neck as a small form of identification. He also carries around a backpack which, while littered with holes and covered with grime, holds most of his possessions.

Personality: Martin is… well, he tends to act like… actually, does he have a real personality? He’s mulled that question in his head a few times, but has never really been able to come to a conclusion. After all, with his powers causing him to adopt a new persona depending on the people he happens to be around, does he really have a set behavior?

As it is, the personality that Martin adopts is directly linked to the people around him. Whatever people happen to be feeling, he always feels the opposite. For him, being around a bunch of angry people keeps him calm and relaxed; standing near a sad person causes him to become more cheerful; talking with a pacifist makes him want to punch something in the face. Everything is dependent on his surroundings, and because of this, his mood and personality shift with the environment. Seeing as Dark City is a slimy pit of agony and despair, Martin is generally cheerful and perhaps a bit innocent, though his attitude could change at any given time.

Background/History: Martin was born into a family that thought they were having a daughter but decided to give him the best anyway, and he couldn’t stand it. Not because he wanted to do his own thing, or because all the expectations he had to fulfill, or because of any normal reason that a little kid might dislike their family. He just physically and mentally… couldn’t stand them. They didn’t do anything wrong (was that the problem?), but it seemed that the more they tried to show that they cared, the more he could care less about them.

That was viewed as kind of a problem, so they sent him to therapy. He spent a lot of time in therapy, even as a kid. Long story short, it took quite a few failed attempts at changing his mind for the psychiatrists to realize that something was wrong with the way he reacted to things, that he seemed to do the exact opposite of what was considered the norm. Once they realized this, they tried using different tactics to fix his strange tendency of acting the opposite way. Granted, nothing they did worked, but hey, at least they tried.

He didn’t exactly do well in anything he was supposed to do well in. Not school (he always got the subjects mixed up). Not work (he tried to get a summer job but always showed up for the wrong hours.) By that point, even he realized that he always seemed to be affected by things the opposite way people expected for him to be affected. He almost died once, even, when he went to the hospital after getting a nasty virus from a bottle of hand sanitizer and no one could figure out how he was suddenly coming down with extremely rare and dangerous illnesses in a supposedly sterile hospital room.

Once he turned eighteen, he grabbed his stuff and headed for the road before his family could blink. For a while, he was a wanderer, sleeping in parks and scrounging around for free food and even begging a bit (although he could never bring himself to spend his money). Eventually, he figured out that, by going to places that people thought were “dirty” and “full of hooligans”, he could actually improve his health. Not only that, but whenever some poor sap got mugged and ran off crying their eyes out, he could practically feel his heart warming with happiness. It was a fairly easy connection for him to realize: if people were in agony, he was having the time of his life. With that in mind, his life was pretty simple: if he wanted to enjoy himself, then he needed to find the worst, most scum-filled, evil hellhole on the planet.

He showed up at the border of Dark City at the height of its terrible living conditions, asking to be let into the city so that “he could maybe take a walk around town and find a job.” Potentially, it was out of malice, (or confusion, he was never really sure), that they chucked him into the filth without a second thought. Immediately, he went off to find some work, and, after discovering a job hustling cash from a disease-ridden dump to a shady apartment where a bunch of quick-tempered gangsters were busy practicing their aim on the pedestrians that scurried by, was basically in his form of heaven. Unfortunately, the job didn’t last very long, as one of the guys shot himself (well, he shot at Martin, but somehow the bullet managed to hit him instead) and the gangsters called him some sort of freakish demon before throwing him out on the street. He tried to get a few jobs after that, but his knack at doing the opposite never seemed to help anyone, and he could never hold a position for longer than the time it took him to learn how to do it.

Nowadays, he just wanders around town, enjoying the apocalyptic scenery. Occasionally, villains hire him to send messages or take bullets or put a greedy person in front of him so that he feels generous enough to give away his stuff. He doesn’t have a super name, per say, but folks have been calling him “Contrary” due to the fact that he says things like “quite the contrary” and “on the contrary” fairly often, and also because of the weird way he tends to react to things.

Superpower(s)/Special Abilities/Etc:
    +++ Characteristic Entanglement – Contrary’s powers are based on the concept of quantum entanglement, (don’t worry, it’s a lot simpler than it sounds.) For anything that happens to him, he will always react in the opposite way. Being near depressed people makes him feel happy, eating garbage is good for his health, and having acid dripped on his hands is actually good for his skin. Granted, this also means that anything that would normally be considered a good thing for someone is a bad thing for him; eating vegetables would cause him to have a lack of nutrients in his body, being around a sterile environment would make him seriously ill, and of course, being by someone who is especially happy would make him feel especially depressed.)

+++ Quantum Connection – Through the use of quantum entanglement, Contrary can cause other things to become entangled as well, in respect to his entanglement. This works in a series of opposites: for anything that happens to him, he will always react in the opposite way, and the person he has created a quantum link to will react the opposite way he reacts. In simple terms, this means that anything that is caused to him by another person will reflect onto that person. If, say, someone shot him in the shoulder while he was linked to that person, he would be perfectly fine and the person who shot him would have a bullet hole in their shoulder. In a quantum link, Contrary can also start up a telepathic conversation with whoever happens to be linked to him, (though he can only hear the thoughts that the other person wants him to hear, and they can only hear the thoughts that Contrary wants them to hear.) Quantum links can only be created if Contrary is touching something at the moment he decides to create a link, but as soon as a link is formed, it stays (no matter the distance between him and the linked person/object) until he creates a different link or breaks the current one.

+++ Dual Quantum Connection – Contrary can also make quantum links between two separate individuals that are not himself. For everything that happens to one person in the link, the opposite will happen to the other person in the link. As an example, if Contrary made a link between two random grunts, and one grunt punched the other grunt in the face, then the grunt that was punched will be perfectly fine and the grunt that did the punching will feel like they’ve been punched in the face. In a duel quantum link, the two linked people can also start up a telepathic conversation with whomever they happen to be linked with, (though they can only hear the thoughts that the other person wants them to hear.) Dual quantum links can only be created if Contrary is touching both people/objects at the moment he decides to create a link, but as soon as a link is formed, it stays (no matter the distance between the two linked people/objects) until he creates a different link or breaks the current one.

Species: Human.
    Member of the Renegades: No, (though it really depends on his mood.)
    List your job, designation, position, or duties in the Villain community: Mostly confined to grunt work, but he’s been used by the higher ups as something of a human shield and a semi-invincible messenger.
    Roleplay Sample: From an RP called “Everlast,":

Spoiler:- RP Sample 2:

Other: N/A.

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic Flames View Post
    Unfortunately I'm bad at writing backstories, so I'll put in what I have now and work on the rest tonight and put it in tomorrow.

Name and Last Name: Mila Vom Stein
    Super Hero/Villain Alias: Ore (pronounced Oh-ruh, from the Latin Ablative case for Bone)
    Description: Despite her German heritage, she appears to be a younger woman of Asian decent. Standing at 5'9 and only weighing about 135 pounds (when she's not messing around with her bone density), she is a frail-looking young woman, with black hair that she keeps back in a bun behind her head with two ivory chopsticks. Her eyes are grey, which is itself a rarity. Her skin is usually very pale because it is constantly being regenerated, with only a few scars from her earlier training still remaining visible on her hands, forearms, and on her left collarbone, all small circles about the diameter of the bones in their respective areas. She almost always wears non-restrictive clothing, as it would get torn in battle because of her power.
    Personality: Mila is a very cold hearted individual. Because her power causes her pain as a side effect, it has dulled her to emotions as a whole, leaving only rage and anger behind. While she embraces her powers and uses them frequently, she is usually quick to point out that she has limits. She prefers to work in a team compared to working alone, as her past experiences have proven that a lone villain is usually a dead villain. She has a pretty heavy dependency on painkillers because she's been using them for the past 7 years as a way to ease the pain caused by her powers, and could possibly be bribed to do anything if a particularly powerful painkiller or a large quantity were to be offerred to her. She tends to be less of a thinker, and prefers to fight with brute force, as shown by her extensive use of bludgeoning weapons when using her bone-constructed weapons.
    Background/History: She was born to a German father and a Taiwanese mother, which explains her Asian appearance yet clearly Western attitude and demeanor. When Mila was born, she was born with an advanced form of osteoporosis which was disintegrating her bone mass, despite all conventional medical treatments to try and stave off the process as soon as possible. Due to the intense pain she was usually under, she led a secluded life, often alone or accompanied by parents and medical staff. She lived in Germany for 10 years before her father, a medical researcher, moved to Jump City for his research work. Despite having gotten his doctorate equivalent in neuroscience, when his daughter had been born he went back through his studies to study through the field of orthopedics in order to try and help his daughter. It took several years of research, to the point where Mila was 13 at the time, but he believed he had found a type of medicine which would at least accelerate Mila's bone growth rate to at least negate the disintegration. It had passed through the standards of animal testing, and even other human test subjects had experienced positive results. So nothing could go wrong, right?

Cue the allergic reaction, which did what Mila's father had set out to do, namely stop her bones from disintegrating. However, the adverse effect was that her bones were now growing at impossible rates, often puncturing her skin when there was nowhere else for the bone tissue to grow. The experience was so painful for Mila that she was sedated heavily so that for most of the time between 13 and 14 years old, she was either unconscious, or barely conscious enough to understand what was going on. This was when it was discovered by further medical examination that she could be able to control her bone growth if she wanted to. With this in mind she was sent with painkillers to keep her as sane as possible, to a martial arts teacher, who initially taught her to seek inner peace with techniques with tai-chi, though once Mila found out that she was also able to create basic constructs, she took up fencing as well as fighting lessons in various martial arts to keep herself mentally disciplined as well as explore the way she could use her powers.

Eventually she was able to live a fairly normal life. She was considered by many of her friends to be fairly depressive or irate compared to a normal individual, but this was the only problem which plagued her daily life. However, the Apocalypse coming down on Jump City was the horrifying experience that finally twisted her into the dark person she now is. Because of the eventual collapse of general daily life things that tend to happen with evil masterminds attempting to take over a metropolitan area, it became increasingly difficult for her to find that painkillers required to keep her powers in check. Over time she grew to be a twisted woman, craving anything that can abate the pain of her powers being used, which is her current connection to the villainous organization. Though she often works alone in her operations, she has accepted that her true self lies within the band of villains now in control over The City of the Shadows.

Superpower(s)/Special Abilities/Etc: Broadly described, Osteokinesis; being the power to manipulate the structure, growth rate, density, and similar characteristics of bones within her own body, as well as the bones in others, though with limited effect.

Within her own body, she can grow her own bones into any size and shape she can think of, as well as change the density of the bones as well. This allows her to "grow" weapons made of her own bones from her own limbs, including basic projectiles such as spikes and "bullets" which are extruded at sub-sonic speeds from her body. She can also form basic constructs out of her bones, though larger constructs are more difficult, as they require more material which is essentially her own skeleton. Her most common weapons which she uses tend to be bludgeoning weapons, such as large hammers, clubs, or even large shields with which she can bash other people. While she is proficient enough to make and use swords with ease, it isn't as effective as her standard choices.

To supplement this, she has a very high regeneration rate from most wounds, provided that a foreign physical object doesn't remain within the wound itself, such as a bullet or a needle. This allows her to almost instantly regenerate any amounts of bone tissue that she loses from her own devices, as well as any damage sustained to her by enemies. However, regenerating her bone structure takes a small toll on her total energy, and so she functions as if she had a very high metabolism, needing to eat much more than one would assume for a normal human of her height and weight.

In others, she can only manipulate the actual structure of the existing bone (i.e forcing someone's upper arm to break, tearing fingers off at the knuckles) if she can maintain physical contact for at least a minute. While her main focus with this skill is destructive, she can also use it to provide a temporary fix to potential bone fractures in allies by lining the bones up properly.

The main downside is that whenever she does remove bones from her body, it usually involves breaking the skin at the exit point, which is still fairly painful for her, despite her ability to heal the wound almost immediately. To combat this she relies on painkillers as much as possible without clouding her senses, though this only works to an extent.

Species: N/A
    Member of the Renegades: No
    If yes to the above, then list your position or duties if you have any: (Military-type Rank, and/or how you usually spend your time)
    If yes to the previous two, then do you want to be mutated, if starting out as a human member of the Renegades? (Yes or No)
    If not a member, were you planning to join? (For people who show interest, but are not members yet. Does not apply to Villains or evil aligned civilians)

List your job, designation, position, or duties in the Villain community: Due to her simple bone-setting abilities, she can be called upon as a proxy medic, although her powers only effect bones. Her preference to go into straight up fights often gets her sent into the front lines of battle. She generally doesn't give advice or strategic information to any of her superiors, as she is usually busy trying to locate a source of painkillers to use on herself.
    Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:- RP Sample:
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Looks great so far, CF. I mean evil, actually. Please continue, and a Sample would be nice. Although since you're from FB I dunno if it's right of me to ask for one. I'm honored to have people from FB here.

Remember people, touching this character is a bad idea for good guys. Makes me glad Star is almost completely long range.
    Finished!

I was going for something along those lines. Glad I got my point across.
    --I don't have regular internet access, so don't be surprised if I suddenly don't show up for days at a time.--

I write to stay alive. What have you done lately?

Fizzy Bubbles Profile

@ Pokefan0234

Both Chimera and Contrary look awesome, great formatting, and everything we wanted to see is there. Both interesting characters, I'd say they're both Accepted.

@ Chthonic Flames

Everything checks out, Ore looks great and is ready to rock. RP sample is also exceptional.

Accepted, amigo.

Just got done reading everybody's sign ups, on my phone, which I don't normally do. You're all good to go. I'll add the characters to the first post later when I'm on my computer, but for now consider yourselves accepted and feel free to start anyway.

As usual, Neo beats me to it. Actually I do prefer it this way, so I can see his thoughts first and then finalize it if I have nothing to say otherwise.

Name and Last Name (If you have one): Did once, but doesn't remember it

Super Hero/Villain Alias: Script

Description: Script is a tall imposing figure, with no features that indicate gender. It wears a long black hooded robe, the robe itself enchanted to the point where the actual length of the cloak is undeterminable, instead just appearing to be every wrapping around its body. Its skin appears to be made of worn leather, with a large number of letter, runes and numbers carved into it, swirling all over its body. What once could have been human hands are now shrivelled up claws, now essentially useless; it no longer actually needs them. Where its face once was is now a golden mask, its features incredibly warped, a pair of glowing green eyes staring out from behind it. The rest of its body is covered by the enchanted cloak, making the rest of it indistinguishable.

Personality: Script doesn’t really have that much of a personality, pretty much being a blank slate since whatever it was that made it Script. It will grudgingly interact with others, but most of the time it likes to keep to itself, believing that everyone else is inferior, the exception to the rule being Shade. Script doesn’t have any idea why, but it has an extreme hatred towards heroes, to the point where even the slightest mention of heroes can make it lash out. Its other distinguishing ‘personality feature’ is that Script has an obsession over books, particularly spell books. Due to its abilities, Script will not stop until it has managed to absorb all the spells that have ever been written.

Background/History: Script has no idea who or what it originally was, where it came from or how it came to be. The first thing that Script remembers is that there was a loud bang, a bright flash, the eeriest of feeling which felt like a thousand needles gently tapping against its skin, and then it remembered opening its eyes and finding itself in a murky area with some girl looking at it. The pair got in a bit of a struggle, and Script discovered its power when it accidentally touch a large book that the girl had and to its surprise it suddenly knew a whole lot more than it did before. Script quickly offed the girl and realised the potential for what it could do. It then spent a while merely wandering around the city, taking in all the information that it wanted and needed, having no worries about anything else and destroying anyone who got in its way.

It found itself joining up with the rest of the villains running Dark City when it realised that they would more than likely have the resources that it required, and it had found that it would do anything for the chance to get more information. For the most part Script has kept to itself over time, only really venturing out to grab itself more spell books and killing anyone who got in its way. Or at least that is what people think. Really Script has been manipulating the lesser villains and henchmen with magic to do its bidding, such as going out and getting the location of information that Script will then go out and hunt for. However, lately Script has been venturing out more and more on blind searches, specifically searching for a set of books that it doesn’t know anything about other than that they exist and that it needs them. It doesn’t know why, but it needs them and it feels like they are the thing that it needs to complete its quest to obtain all spells.

Superpower(s)/Special Abilities/Etc: Script is a master of magic, knowing the vast majority of spells that have ever been written. It has been able to do this due to its ability to absorb and remember any information that is written down in some form. Once the information has been absorbed, it becomes permanently etched onto its skin.

Species: It isn't sure, but it believes it once was human. Now believes itself to be part book.

List your job, designation, position, or duties in the Villain community: Nothing really, the recluse who doesn't really pay much attention to others.

Roleplay Sample:

Other:
    Last edited by PeeGee; 27th November 2012 at 4:47 AM.

I realize you're going for a mysterious character here, but could you please add another paragraph to the History to expand it? You'd think a book would have more history within it's pages? This character just seems incomplete. If you're unfinished, please forgive me.

Locking down villain signups after Script. Only people who have already said they'd be making a villain are allowed to make one now. With the villains dominating the city already in NPC masses, we are nearing the too many player villains mark. Gotta lock villain signups. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 27th November 2012 at 3:50 AM.

I edited in more stuff, hopefully it's better.

Looks good. If Neo has no problems with the character, then you can start writing with Script as soon as Neo gives the ok.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Looks good. If Neo has no problems with the character, then you can start writing with Script as soon as Neo gives the ok.
    Yeah, it's okay with me. No problems here.

Ok then, Script is added to the first post.

'Ello, I would like to reserve a villain, but first, would it be alright if I did someone with similar powers to Ore, but with a different angle and as a result, different abilities?
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Then it wouldn't be somebody like Ore, would it?

Either way, villains are locked, sorry. You can reserve and wait, but unless we get like 5 to 6 heroes, it's not unlocking anytime soon.

Alright, that's a little annoying, but alright. I'll try doing an SU for him as a hero, but if it doesn't work, I'll keep a reserve for a villain.

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

Sorry about that. I hate turning people away. But with the villains having an NPC majority we need to keep a PC hero majority for better chances.

I understand, it makes sense, I just need to turn him into a hero then. Expect it tomorrow night or tonight, depending on time I have.

Future Projects:

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast