View Poll Results: What do you play the originals on?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Game Boy original (and variants, like the Game Boy pocket, Game Boy Light, etc.)

12 7.84%
  • Game Boy Color (and any variants, though I don't know of any)

52 33.99%
  • Game Boy Advanced (and variants, like the SP)

74 48.37%
  • Other (Super Game Boy, Game boy Player, etc. NO EMULATORS.)

15 9.80%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you play the originals on (besides emulators)?

Gameboy player for Gamecube...that's what I've been playing yellow as of late
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

I use an SP that a friend gave me in seventh grade for a piece of gum since he didn't use it anymore and mine was broken

My silver Gameboy Color with Pikachu & Pichu staring at me.

i use my gbc or sometimes ill use my n64 and pokemon stadium 1 unfortunatley my old cartridges cant save games anymore
    go like my facebook fan page
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Luna-3/161080243933114

*i offer ev training services message me for details*

my pokemon shophttp://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=525692

Spoiler:- battle credentials:

Gameboy pocket broke Feb. 25 2013 i bought a 3DS that day and been playin black ever since.
    Black FC: 5415 9915 9793
    Black2 FC: Milling events
    X Friend code: ZK2Z-U9WG-JALB-WJBE
    3ds Friend code: 4270-0846-6137

Pokedex is 645/645 Need Manaphy Shaymin Victini Keldeo

I play them on both my Gameboy color and advance. If only there was an option to.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

A lime green and aqua GBC + link cable and all 1st and 2nd gen games
    With Out Evil There Would Be No Good In A World Were for Every Shade Of Blue There is a shade Of Grey

I only have a gameboy color and a ds. So I guess I only played the games on those.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Before I sold them last year, I played them on my Game Boy Pocket and my original GBA. For some reason, I enjoyed it a lot better on my Pocket; the black and white crisp and crystal clear screen adds so much character to the game.

If I get them in the future again, I might get a GBC to play them on. I have sentimental attachments to the GBC; it was my first ever video game console of any kind.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I play on my GBC.
    "Hey! Who're you calling short?!" -Edward Elric
    Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle! I love CLAMP work ^__^

GameBoy Advance... Just a regular, see-through blue one that's missing the back that keeps its batteries in place. I've always wanted a GBASP for the back light, but I never did get to own one. It's nice enough, especially when playing Yellow because you can see the colors, but I wish I was on an older version that allowed trading -- I've never been able to trade using the GBA.

Either the Gameboy Player for GCN or Stadium. I like it on the big screen! And it doesn't give you neck cramps from bending your neck down!!

MY FC: Heartgold - "Grazzii" 3696 + 2486 + 2020

Bournemouth University - BSC Audio && Music Technology
    Massive Geek
    Love Music
    Feel free to checkout my website/portfolio
    http://rayfoter.tk/

I play all of my older games on the GBA.

“May the stars shine down on you.” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

My Gamecube with the little GBA disc. My old GBA doesn't work anymore, and even if it did I wouldn't wanna waste money on batteries.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/o8t7cl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Friendcode: 2895-6496-6721
    Message me with yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    My old games don't work anymore, but if they were, I'd be playing them on the GameBoy Advance SP. And that would've meant I would've never let my little brothers use my copy, and get it lost in the house.

...oh well.
    I might understand why you would say that. I have this dyslexic cousin who I gave a Game Boy Pocket, and he "lost" it, along with the Super Mario Land cartridge included. Luckily, I did not give him any Pokémon games, or else he would be scared to see me (my Gen. 1 and Gen. 2 Pokémon games mean a lot to me). I usually like to play my Pokémon games on my Game Boy Color and Game Boy Original (a.k.a. the Grey Brick), although I do use the Game Boy Advance (SP) as well.
    I feel like the "Gen. 1 Pokémon Prince of the Midwest". Currently, I competitively play English Gen. 1 and English Gen. 2 Pokémon games, because Gen. 3 and later on is not worth my time. I also do not use NetBattle at the moment.

Gameboy Color See through Purple, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Color Green, Nintendo DS

I play on my GBASP since its the only console I own that will play it.

I play the original games on my Limited Edition Pokemon GBC, I love playing it on it because of the Retro, Nostalgic feel. Also it looks so awesome.

Usually on my trusty GBA SP, but sometimes when I'm in the middle of a Pokemon Stadium session I play a bit on my TV. Not too much, though. The neon colours make my eyes barf, especially Vermilion City. Nasty neon orange.

Apparently my spirit Pokemon is

GBA SP all the way! I love my Pokémon Red version. It STILL works. I currently have two GBA SP's and use them to play my Gameboy games(duh!).
    Games I have: Red, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond(traded),Pearl(lost), Platinum, SoulSilver(treaded) HeartGold, Black, White(stolen), Black 2, White 2.

Black 2 Team:

I always use my Gameboy SP.

I only had Gameboy Color. but I've played everything up to crystal.

" I may look normal but I have lots of Potential. "

For the level grinding? Stadium DODRIO SPEED

I play all of my games on their original consoles and handhelds (except for my 3Ds that i play DS games on but i don't think that matters) like my N64 i play my GB games on there and on my gameboy color and gameboy pocket. i don't use emulators unless i realllly want to play a game that i don't own. so i am not an emulator user. (i also play on my NES! yes, an original NES)

I still use my old teal green gameboy colour that I got for my 6th birthday along with pokemon red, I've lost it about 5 times but it keeps turning back up and it still works perfectly, sadly they don't seem to make consoles like that anymore.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast