Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Murder, She Wrote

hmmm......anthony..........if flame without the m is leaf, then.....thats an anagram.......what if anthony is an anagram too?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

If anyone here is named Anthony in real life, now would be a good time to help us.
    Shinies:

Well...my name is in my sig. :3

The only anagram I found of "Anthony" is "hot n' any". XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    Well...my name is in my sig. :3

The only anagram I found of "Anthony" is "hot n' any". XD
    if you used an anagram site, it wouldnt include pokemon names........
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quagsire, can you update the first post with who's been killed and who's still alive?

Also, "there's multiple shades to this story"... That's probably a CoG clue, given we had one dead at the start of Day 1, in which case this is the only clue we have so far that we can hope to take seriously. I have a theory as to what this could mean, but I'd like to see where today's discussion goes before making any judgments.

As for the note, "Anthony" is as likely as anything to be a red herring.

"what is flame minus m" - If we were to think of it in terms of phonetics, the removal of m ("ehm") would make the word sound like "flay". Just something to consider.

It seems the server is down for my Bronyland test results, but I am Applejack.

The note probably doesn't refer to Night Shade - none of the living can learn it.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by infernape612 View Post
    The note probably doesn't refer to Night Shade - none of the living can learn it.
    I was thinking more along the lines of "shades of color," myself. The question is, if the note does refer to color, is it hinting at a wide range of color (perhaps Pokemon who can learn Psybeam, Aurora Beam, etc.), or many shades of the same color?

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Maybe it's a reference to 50 Shades of Gray?

Anyone here read that?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Maybe it's a reference to 50 Shades of Gray?

Anyone here read that?

I thought of that too, actually, but I was too ashamed to admit it.

I've never read the book, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pikalax View Post
    Quagsire, can you update the first post with who's been killed and who's still alive?
    Sorry, thought I had. I'll do that now. X(
    Hello, everybody.
    Due to reasons I have been instructed not to divulge, I am taking a hiatus from the forums. I'm not sure when I will return, if ever. Thank you, everybody for making my time here at Serebii great.

-Regards, Rave

Member of the Unofficial Swalot Club
    Friend Safari: Eevee, Audino, and Teddiursa.
    Y Friend Code: 0602-6266-7186

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

Yeah, I too thought of Fifty Shades of Grey, but there doesn't seem to be a character named Anthony in it. Hopefully we'll start getting somewhere soon; don't forget to vote for the CoG.

edit: Guys, what about *Jean Gray*? I've had my suspicions from the start, too.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 1st February 2013 at 7:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Yeah, I too thought of Fifty Shades of Grey, but there doesn't seem to be a character named Anthony in it. Hopefully we'll start getting somewhere soon; don't forget to vote for the CoG.

edit: Guys, what about *Jean Gray*? I've had my suspicions from the start, too.
    well, that would only work if it WAS a refference to 50 shades of gray.
    Remember the clue is SHADES, not GRAY.
    Butt hey, does the killer get to write the note, then maybe.....
    #AlphaSapphire

Seems a bit shaky to me, although we don't have much better. If we want, we could always take out the last inactive (GhostsoftheForums).
    Shinies:

Yeah, "50 Shades of Grey" was where my mind went at first, but I dismissed it because it was too obvious. Though looking closer, it wouldn't surprise me if *Jean Grey* was the murderer. I've hosted a season where *Jean Grey* was the murderer (accomplice? Gah, I can't even remember, and I'm too lazy to check!) and did an excellent job at it, concealing her identity to the end. Her character was Faustina the Houndoom - a Fire-type Pokemon, which could explain the reference to "flame" in the second note.

I'm hesitant to vote for her, however, because if she is innocent, she could be a vital asset to our game.

Could be, but I'd still like to hear Jean Grey's side of the story before I start gunning for her.
    Shinies:

'twas me, gg'

... lol. is that what you're expecting to happen?

No, I'm hoping for her to defend herself or give more insight. Right now, though, I'm probably voting GotF for inactivity.
    Shinies:

Well, since we haven't heard back from anyone and it's now five hours to the end of the Day, I'll have to lock in my vote without the additional clues. Also, don't forget to vote for a Ghost.

Sorry, forgot I had a school meeting, so I couldn't update. From now on, all times are going to be estimates, e.g. 5:00 to 7:00 PM, January 1st.
    Dusk Sets In
    Night 4 Begins

Bob the Nincada was suffocated in an artificial cave-in of his burrow while he was sleeping.

Bob was innocent.

Night 3 will end 5:00 to 7:00PM February 7th.

Armando Payne was selected for The Council Of Ghosts.

Funny Fact: Both the lynch vote and the CoG vote were tied tonight.
    Hello, everybody.
    Due to reasons I have been instructed not to divulge, I am taking a hiatus from the forums. I'm not sure when I will return, if ever. Thank you, everybody for making my time here at Serebii great.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

Gonna start this day a bit early.
    In the living room, John & John was found wrapped in a bloody bedsheet, both of his heads severed and the stumps left behind covered with dripping white, red and green wax. Stuck on the wax of one of of the heads was a crumpled note.

Shame Иван the Winter King had to vanish
    Could have been that idiot
    He was just as dense as my little 'Tonio
    Life is beautiful, you say?
    It's a lie, always a lie.
    This day will end February 14th.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

This is starting to get ridiculous. There are several things that the murderer could be referring to. Such as:

• The Casey Anthony case; she has a tattoo of the words bella vita, that is, beautiful life. Additionally, calling Anthony "'Tonio" in the latest note may be a reference to this.
    • Fifty Shades of Grey; this could fit in with the Council of Ghosts clue, though there's not much else to support it.
    • A song called "Beautiful Life" by Shawn Anthony; the lyrics, however, are almost incomprehensible, so this seems unlikely.

I can't find anyone dubbed "Иван the Winter King". Иван appears to be Russian for Ivan, an equivalent to John, so this may be only a jab at the murderer's latest victim. It's difficult to come up with anything concrete. Does anyone have other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireEOoD View Post
    Night 3 will end 5:00 to 7:00PM February 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireEOoD View Post
    Gonna start this day a bit early.
    Huh? :P

Poor Excitable Boy.

Run before I make you join me
    On the floor in this endless dance
    One...two...three...in this waltz of death
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Murderer, you call me? Now tell me, is this the face of a killer?
    Anthony probably wouldn't think so
    Now you better watch your backs, every hour, every minute...
    A simple question, what is flame minus m?
    Idiots again as usual
    Just like Anthony that smiling bastard
    Shame Иван the Winter King had to vanish The first killer was Ivan the Ampharos.
    Could have been that idiot
    He was just as dense as my little 'Tonio
    Life is beautiful, you say?
    It's a lie, always a lie.
    I... got nothing. Except for the possible reference to shadow_zoroark.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    A song called "Beautiful Life" by Shawn Anthony; the lyrics, however, are almost incomprehensible, so this seems unlikely.
    Wait a second - Shawn ANTHONY?!?!?!?!?! This might be it!

I found some of the lyrics online - the first two lines and the chorus.

I ain't the pimp of the year,
    I ain't the pimp of the month

Chorus

I've been housed in the sky
    With a b**** by my side
    It's a beautiful night
    What a beautiful life
    "I've been housed in the sky" could be the killer referencing an ability to fly. There's only one character in this game who can fly. JEAN GRAY THE HYDREGION!!! DEFEND YOURSELF FROM MY FLIMSY LOGIC!!!
    Last edited by infernape612; 9th February 2013 at 9:23 PM.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by infernape612 View Post
    I... got nothing. Except for the possible reference to shadow_zoroark.
    This is very likely to be what the murderer is referring to. I really shouldn't have missed that. :|

When shall we be receiving the CoG hint?

Man, these clues are getting weirder by the day. :/

The first thing I thought of when I saw "Tonio" was the 10th Pokemon movie (The Rise of Darkrai); there was a character with that name in it. However, I did some checking and nothing really stood out as being important (there was a Gallade in the movie, but it didn't belong to Tonio, and the note definitely does not match ansem's posting style). Good on Eleventh and infernape for figuring out that Ivan was most likely referring to shadow_zoroark (I do wonder if that's just another red herring, though). Unfortunately, I don't really have anything else to add to the discussion at the moment, but I'll try to look for more clues.
    Last edited by Crimson Penguin; 9th February 2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added a bit of info about the movie

I guess our ghost has failed to deliver. Typical of Armando Payne to let us all down. Anyway, Quagsire, it would really help us if you could keep the front post updated with each death and announcement, as that's where I tend to look to see who is still alive.

Last night's kill was a Zweilous. Now, there was a previous hint (unconfirmed CoG) that said there are two sides to the story. This could refer to two Pokemon in the same evolution chain taking part in this game. The only instance of that is Zweilous and Hydreigon. The former is dead and therefore not the murderer. This leaves Lovina as this logical thread's suspect. *Jean Grey*, I would love to hear your defense. Come to think of it, I'd love to hear from you period. We haven't seen you in this thread for a while.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast